Time... His Script is You and...

By SomeTeenageWildlife

Florence Haywood is a time traveller. But she doesn't know it. It's early 2016, and Florence is mourning the... More

The Girl With The Mousy Hair
Memory Of A Free Festival
I keep a Photograph, It Burns My Wall with Time
Threw a Party that Lasted All Night
Let Me Sleep Beside You
The Man Who Sold The World
Hallo Spaceboy
Moonage Daydream
The Prettiest Star
The Drowned Girl
Hot Tramp
Watch That Man
Cracked Actor
Scars That Can Be Seen
Weird and Gilly, and The Spiders From Mars
Reaching Up My Loneliness Evolves
She's Come, Been, and Gone
Waiting so long, I've been waiting so...
The Return of the Thin White Duke
Fame, What You Get You Have to Borrow
The Side Effects of the Cocaine
Silhouettes and Shadows
Throwing Darts in Lovers' Eyes
We Are The Dead
Fall To The Ground Like A Leaf From The Tree
They Call Them The Diamond Dogs
Pale Blinds Drawn All Day
By the Wall
The Gift of Sound and Vision

Be My Wife

587 31 9
By SomeTeenageWildlife

Hey all!

After a rough few chapters, today there is a lot of fluff!! I thought it was cute and we all deserved it after the harsh time Florence has been through so yeah.

As always, remember to vote, comment, share etc. Love you all!

- SomeTeenageWildlife

***********************************************

To be frank, I found it rather funny that he couldn't remember the details of his own album... But then again I'm fairly certain he couldn't remember much of the details from the 70s at all.

Ignoring everyone else in the room, I ran up to David and gave him the biggest hug of his life. He picked me up off my feet and twirled me around, while whispering in my ear with a cheeky grin, "I didn't know you knew all that about me, my Star."

He put me back down on the floor when we realised everyone in the pub was staring. I shrugged off the brief embarrassment and said to everyone at the pub, "Sorry, this is a... uh... long awaited reunion." They obviously did not care, and went back to their own affairs.

"Look at you, David, you're glowing," I said, looking him up and down with my hands around his arms.

"And you haven't aged a day" He responded, to which I replied, "Because I haven't."

I could tell he was a little sad that once again it had been such a long time for him to see me and yet so little for me him. But before we could continue our conversation, Melanie walked over to us at the back of the pub; "Well, I guess this is the man, the myth, the legend, then. Um... Hello Mr. Bowie... I am Melanie, your girlfriend's best friend. I think. Honestly I have no clue what is going on anymore."

"You and me both," David laughed, and we all settled down to our booth we had been seated at before. David and I sat next to each other, and I nestled in close to him as we made our introductions properly.

God, it was the weirdest thing to have your inter-dimensional time travelling rockstar boyfriend meet your best friend, for real this time. Without all the silly names and lies (if one might recall the first time Melanie had caught me and 'Jack' hanging out together).

There was a little silence when none of us really knew what to say to each other.

"Well, this is a little awkward," Melanie finally piped up, "I have never met a rockstar before, so this is quite an honor, I guess. Florence has told me great things about you."

"Thank you. It's nice to know the important people in Florence's life," He said, smiling at me and pulling me closer. I didn't want to tell him about the escapades that I had had with Melanie the night before I went to 1976. Neither Melanie or I had addressed it in our conversation, and I prefered if it was kept that way.

Soon the conversation was back up to a normal speed, and somehow we all became good friends. Hell, as the only three people in the world who knew of time traveling, there was kind of a reason for us all to get along. We spoke very congenially, not really touching on the harsher topics as we all had enough of that to last us a lifetime.

The whole time we talked, I kept looking to David. He had obviously improved his situation last time I saw him: it must have been over a year, and he was looking so much healthier. He was still a skinny as all hell (well, I have a feeling he always would be), but he had a certain colour back into his face that spoke of life and the living. He was back from the brink of death.

Sometime during our conversation, the trivia man came over to us and gave me the keychain I had won. Turns out it was a shittily-made little Bowie lightning bolt. By this point of the night, I was overtired, emotionally drained, and had probably drunk too many beers, so I was being a little stupid when I got up off my seat with the keychain in hand. I held it up in the air like some magical object, Melanie and David laughing in the booth next to me, and then got down on my knees and presented the keychain to David like a gift to some king.

I bowed, and with a twirl of my hand, I said "My leige, I present to you this gift," and held the keychain out to him.

At this, someone at the front of the pub looked over... and totally misinterpreted my stupid little stunt for something very different. They shouted, "Say 'I do'!" and so the rest of the pub of course looked over at us, thinking I was proposing to David.

At this, my cheeks flushed - what had been a funny little game now turned into a great lot of public humiliation. I was just being an idiot, nothing more. But luckily, David saved me.

He took the keychain, put the metal ring part around his finger, and shouted out "I do! I do!" While fanning his face with his hands dramatically. I couldn't help but burst into laughter, still on my knees, before he pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me as the three of us laughed senselessly. The rest of the pub had already gone back to their own business.

Oh, how good a little bit of normal fun could be.

***

David and I walked Melanie home and said our goodbyes, and then started making our way back to my place. I hadn't even thought about it until now, but I haven't seen my mum or brother in months, and yet she saw me only this morning. That's bound to be confusing. Let alone, I needed to figure out a way to sneak David inside my room for the night.

We were just walking along the sidewalk, and listening to the sounds of bustling modern city life. god, it felt good to be normal again. I love the 70s, heck I had dreamed of living there my whole life, but those months had taught me a hard lesson in growing up. Taught me how much I loved London and 2017.

Now that it was just the two of us, I felt David and I needed to set a few things straight as it had been a rather bumpy ride the last time we saw each other. I smiled at him and pulled him closer, his arm wrapping around my back as we walked along.

"So... David. You know, you're looking a lot better," I said.

"I feel a lot better. All because of you."

"David, no it wasn't just me. I was there for you when you needed me - as the universe intended. It is you that got yourself out of there. To smashing Berlin with, I'm guessing, a certain Iggy Pop."

He looked at me perplexed and was going to ask how I knew that before he realised, "Shit, yeah. You know more about me than I do. It sounds funny, you know, I kinda forget you're from the future sometimes. And that you know every detail of my life."

I could see it was hard for him, us being so far apart in space and time, and so replied, "David, it's ok. The main thing is that I know you. The real you - more than any of the biographies I used to read."

He chuckled a bit, and cheekily asked, "Hence your knowledge on all that stuff about Diamond Dogs at the trivia?"

That was a tiny bit embarrassing. You see, I wouldn't have gone on a big rampage about my Bowie knowledge if I knew the man himself was in the room with me. Hiding my humiliation I grinned, "Well, as your supposed 'wife' how could I not know?"

And with that he burst into full-on laughter, and I could see a glint of emotion and happiness in his eyes that I hadn't seen for a very long time. Whatever he was doing in Berlin had obviously brightened both his spirits and his health, and I couldn't be any more happy for him.

I only wished I could have been there to help.

David suddenly pulled away from our embrace, and I was confused for a moment before he walked over to the streetlamp and gripped it with a gloved hand. He promptly swung around the lampost, singing out "Please be mine... share my life... stay with me... be my wife!"

I could tell he was joking, but some part of me really did wish he meant those words.

I pushed away the thought and chuckled, "My beloved husband, what are you doing now?" He ran back over to me and gave me a peck on the cheek before wrapping his hands once again around me.

"And Florence," he looked into my eyes and lifted up my chin with his finger, "Though I'm being silly now, know that I never forgot my promise to you. Never. Every day since you left has been a day I could prove that I will keep that promise and get better. Every day in Berlin has been a shit show, but every day slightly better than the last. I know I'm not perfect, and I'll never be, but I actually feel like I have some grip of reality again."

At that, I started choking up with tears and pulled him into an embrace. I leant up and kissed him for what seemed like forever. Tears were running down my face as we kissed and he brushed them away with his thumb.

When we eventually finished, I went to speak, "David, I... I..."

But he vanished before I could finish my sentence, and all that was left was the faint lingering feeling of his lips on mine.

"I love you," I whispered, to nobody at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 342 27
When Clover find herself stuck in the 70s, she quickly befriends her big idol and the guys from 'Queen'. What she think is a coma dream, is in fact...
44K 658 29
When does a girl ever get the opportunity to meet her idol in person, even when they have passed away almost thirty years before she was born? Well...
156 20 22
"The fact that everything has an end scares the shit out of me" Sometimes life doesn't go as planned. Some are forced to change bits of their life, a...
5.4K 234 12
The year is 1983 and Melanie, an ordinary 29 year old girl from Detroit was just working at a cafe to save up for a trip to England to fulfill her dr...