Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 5

91 11 19
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 5

🌷Sharath POV

I was at the bar."2 vodka shots please."It was a hectic day at work and I need my shots. I have my two shots and head home. I live with my sister and her daughter. Her husband left her after having the baby."Hey! Anu, I am home."I shout as I enter our house. 

But I can't hear her giggly voice as always. I then see my sister running down the stairs with Anu in her hands "Di what happened ?"I look at her confused ."Anu has been vomiting whatever she ate. Now she is unconscious because she didn't eat anything."I can see the tension in her eyes. 

I open the front door rush to the car ."Did you drink ?" my sister asked me. Without even me answering she knew it."Give me the keys ."Saying this she put Anu in my arms ."Let's go to Rajveer uncle's hospital.

My sister nodded as we continued to the hospital. We reached the emergency bay. Anu was taken from my hands and put on a stretcher. She was then connected to an IV. My sister is so strong, she is scared as hell I know but she is keeping it all in for Anu."Shravani"I hear my sister giving her name.

After a while, Anu was shifted from the emergency room to a wardroom. It was currently midnight and I was on my phone binge-watching a drama. Just then I hear the door open and in entered Meera."I came to check up on Anusha Basu ."I hear her speak.

She looks at me taken aback for a moment. She comes out from her daze ."Hi!"She waves at me cutely. I wave back at her ."Sister ?"She asked me pointing at my di who was sleeping."How did you know ?"I asked her ."You guys look way too similar to be husband and wife.Duh."I laugh at her statement.

Just then I hear rustles behind me and see my sister wake up ."Hello!Am doctor Meera. I will be attending Anusha this shift ."She told my sister ."She was the friend I was talking about."I say to my sister. She nods and introduces herself."What happened ?"She asked my sister regarding Anu ."She hasn't been eating properly since morning, She threw up whatever little she ate. She did complain of a lot of stomach pain. As she didn't eat much she fainted."My sister explained to her.

"It's a clear case of food poisoning nothing to worry about. She mush have eaten something unhealthy ."Meera explains. My sister looks confused"She didn't have anything unhealthy as far as I know ."She tells Meera.

Just then I remember ."I might or might not have taken her to eat Pani puri the other day ."I reveal. My sister got really angry, she smacked me on my head ."I told you not to feed her outside junk. You idiot !"I was embarrassed that she hit me in front of my new friend.

"Sorry, I didn't expect it to happen."I say while taking a blow on my head. I hear Meera chuckle."It's fine we will give medicines and make sure she drinks a lot of water, she might even have diarrhea, so keep a check on that ."She was talking to my sister when I got a call. 

It was Rahul." Please excuse me." saying this I walk out of the room and take the call ."Where at bro ?"I hear Rahul ask."Anu had food poisoning and she fainted so at the hospital."I explained to him."How is she right now?"He asked concern evident in his voice"She is fine now."I tell him. "Which hospital?" He chimed in with a question again."Uncle Rajveer's hospital."I tell him ."Go meet him once he is been asking for you a lot." he disclosed."Yep"I told him."Something has come up I will call you later." saying that he cut the call. 

I go to Meera and ask whether Rajveer uncle is in the hospital. She nods her head. I call him."Hello! son, it's been a while."I hear his enthusiastic voice on the other side."Hello, uncle, I am at the hospital, are you free? Rahul told me you wanted to talk?" I ask uncle."Yes, son come up to my room ." was all he told me."Yes, uncle on the way" saying this I cut the call. I made my way to his room.

I knocked on the door and I hear an authoritative come in. I open the door and see uncle on his huge chair."How are you?"He asks me."I am fine uncle."I answer him.

"Why are you at the hospital?"He asked me ."Anu felt ill and fainted, so we brought her here." he told me."Is the doctor appointed a good one?"He asked me while checking his papers."It's Meera, she is Adithi's best friend and became our new friend as well."I tell him." Oh!Good to hear. I need to meet her too I want to talk to her and Adithi about paying for their further studies. They are doing a good job."He tells me. I nod while listening to him.

"Are you talking to your mom and dad? How are the things going around?"He asked me. This is the topic I dreaded the most. It's not going that well. But we are pulling it through. Though they are divorced their relation with me has gone downhill. After my sister's husband left her they didn't want anything to do with her. They even didn't like being with her. They even don't want me to be with each other. Mom doesn't like me being with dad and vice versa. I opened up to uncle about this way long back.

"How do you feel?"He asks me again."Overwhelmed, exhausted, and not fine."I have always been open to him. I met him way before I met Karthik. He played a huge role in my life. If I didn't meet him back then I would be dead. I reminiscence my bad days, "Are you following up with your psychiatrist?' he questions me. I nod my head "I have one session tomorrow."I tell him.

"Did you tell Karthik and Rahul?"He asks me ."No, they still don't know."I tell him. He has been telling me for months to let them know about my situation. The lines that follow after this question."I told you, you need support from all sides. Don't you understand?"He chides. How does he bear me? I think to myself.

"Ok, let's just move on from this topic. I am having a new block opening up and I need you to do the interior designing."He asks me. We talk about it for a while and I head down back again to our wardroom.

On the way, I meet Meera ."Hey Meera."I call her out when she was sitting alone in the café. She was having coffee let me tease her."I think Adithi told u not to drink coffee. Even Rahul didn't let you drink the other day ."I commented. She looked at me with a pout on her face."Hey! Don't tell her, I was feeling sleepy and I have a shift till tomorrow afternoon ."She tells me. I laugh at her cuteness.No doubt Rahul talks about her. But he is too stubborn to accept that.

He thinks he admires her, but Karthik and I know he will be whipped for her in few days. I see Meera waving her hand in front of my face."You cool ?"She questions me."Yup ."I tell her.

"You seem dull, you know you can share anything going on. It's ok."She tells me with a sincere smile. I brush off her words saying "Nah! it's fine, there is nothing."I think she caught on to the lie but doesn't point it out. "If there is something going on, you know where to find me."She gives me her smile and leaves the canteen.

I am not gonna tell her anyway. I didn't even tell my friends. Should I really tell them? Will they understand? I hope they do. I will tell them.....later.

🌷Rahul POV(12:00 AM)

I enter this huge building that I call home. But once I enter am hit by this unsettling feeling.I perfectly know what this is- it's called loneliness. It's always been the same. My parents are never at this building. It might be my home according to others, but it's just a building I reside in. Yes!A 2-floor building with 20 bedrooms for a guy who mostly stays outside.

The first thing I do is call Sharath. But I find out his niece is in the hospital. After informing him about Rajveer uncle's attempts to reach out to him. I lie that something has come up and cut the call. Pathetically chuckling at myself I go to sleep without having my dinner again. What is the point of having dinner when you don't have a family to talk with at the end of the day?

Morning 7:30

I wake up as my alarm goes off. As usual, It's an empty house. I always wake up to this, nothing new. I constantly text everyone to hang out with me, Let's see who texts me today. I go to brush my teeth and hear my phone's notification bell go on. I run to my phone and see it's a message from college. I have a project to display my fashion line with models. I need to take care of that project too. Where the hell will I find models. I need at least 4 different models.

I hear another buzz coming from my phone I try to ignore it. But my gut says to check it. Its a message from Meera

Meera: Hey! Are you free today? Can we hang out in the evening?

I feel very happy on seeing her message. After meeting her we have been texting back and forth. But out of all, I didn't expect her to message.

Rahul: Yes!Sure. I would love to. Will you fix the time and place?

Meera Na!you send me later.We will meet there.

Rahul: Nope! Not happening I will pick you and take you there, Does 5 sound good?

Meera: Ok, thank you so much. Yes,5 sounds awesome.

The rest of the morning and afternoon I worked on my clothing line. Most of them were suits and shirts for men, cocktail dresses, and summer dresses for women. I need to find models. Wait a minute. I have an idea. I take my phone out and message Meera.

Rahul: Is it ok if we call others as well? you know Adithi, Karthik, and Sharath?

After a few minutes, I get a text from her.

Meera: The more the merrier. I will call Adithi you call the other two.

Rahul: Sure! I will pick everyone in my car.

I go to my call log and put a conference between me, Karthik and Sharath. "I want you guys to come to the new café near the mall. The girls are coming to."I tell them."What is going on??"Sharath sounded skeptical."You will get to know when I come there I am going to pick up Meera and Adithi."I tell them. Then I remember what happened between Karthik and Adithi."Is it ok between you and Adithi ?"I ask, Karthik knows it is directed towards him."Yeah, we talked again and cleared the air. We are good now I guess."He tells me. I mentally sigh out of relief."K then, meet you at the café."Saying that I cut the call.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count: 1896

Introduction to Sharath and Rahul. They have problems in their lives like any other but put up this facade. But most of the people are like that, don't you think.

Do you think Sharath hiding his family stuff from his childhood best friends is the right thing to do?

What must have been Rahul's idea?

I had to google search to find out symptoms of food poisoning and most of my feed changed to how to control acidity and cure for diarrhea. Damn this is how they suggest ads. So please think before you search.

Comment down your answers and thoughts on the chapter. No need to be a silent reader. Until the next chapter

~Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 77.9K 73
Winner of "The Golden Bird Awards" hosted by 'AmbassadorsIN' They say, ❝Someone up there has already decided your destiny and paired you up with some...
1.3M 51.1K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
11.8K 735 10
Some get love... Some won't... Sometimes love heals... Sometimes love breaks... Some love stories have a happy ending... Some won't... Some love stor...
232K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...