Starry Nights

By drxrrylxms

Sequel to Wolfstar Raises Harry AU. Cathleen arrives at Hogwarts for her first year. Find out what all she ge... More

Hogwarts Letter
Diagon Alley (Part 1)
Diagon Alley (Part 2)
Departure
The Sorting Ceremony
The Feast
The Ravenclaw Common Room
Fancast
Morning Meet Ups
Other Sequel
Classes and Confrontations
A Long Day
The Weekend
The Warmth of Friendship
The Weight of Discrimination
Tensions Rise
Familial Ties
Not An Update (Sorry)
I Know You're Obsessed With Me
Misery Loves Company
Birthday Spirit
Christmas Hols
Home Sweet Home Pt 1.

Hogwarts Express

525 22 17
By drxrrylxms

The train ride started out like she expected, she sat with Tonks for what felt with the longest. Tonks told her what to expect from classes, what teachers to look out for and even tips for not getting lost in the castle.

Charlie had to go to the prefect's carriage with Bill for a meeting. By the time Cathleen and Tonks' conversation had moved on to another topic, Charlie was back and with him was a blonde girl who also had a prefect badge.

"Hey, Tonks everyone's wondering if you're coming to our compartment anytime soon. Charlie told us you were sitting with your cousin, hello by the way, but we were all wondering." The girl says in a very chipper voice.

Tonks looks from them to Cathleen and back, "I was gonna stay here," she mummers under her breath.

Cathleen can see how clearly Tonks wants to see her friends, "It's okay, you can go, I know you miss your friends, you seen me all summer. Plus, maybe I should probably go see if I can find any other first years, y'know make some friends my age in a bit." She smiles but she's groaning internally, she doesn't know the first thing to making friends her age.

Tonks jumps up and gives Cathleen a big hug, "Oh thank you, thank you. I hope you know if you need anything you can come find me, our compartment is not that far down and I'll keep the curtains open so you won't miss it."

Cathleen smiles at her before looking up to Charlie and the girl who hadn't yet introduced herself, "It was nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," she says reaching out to shake her hand. "I'm Penny."

"Oh you're Penny," Cathleen says nodding, "Tonks and Charlie talk a lot about all their friends, it's nice to be able to match a face to a name."

"I'm sure it is, later on you'll have to tell me what stories they've told you," she says giggling.

Tonks gets up and starts lightly pushing her out of the doorway, "you'll never know the things I've shared, Cath is no snitch."

"We'll see," she says finally budging out of the way. She walks away then, Tonks follows behind her after waving to Cathleen.

Charlie shakes his head as they walk off before he turns back to Cathleen.

"Don't get into any trouble Leelee," Charlie says grinning.

She groans, "No, please never call me that again."

He laughs, "Okay I won't call you it again while we're at school or on the train. But I hope you know that I'll never let that name die."

She narrows her eyes, "You might just be the first one I hex then."

He laughs again this time louder, "Yeah we'll see about that kiddo," he shakes his head. "But seriously don't be afraid to come get me or Tonks if you need anything."

"I know, stop coddling me," Cathleen says smiling but rolling her eyes internally. She gets up and gives Charlie a hug before he walks off.

Soon the trolly comes by and she gets some candy from it, she eats it while she finishes the rest of the book she'd been reading. It doesn't take long to finish the book and get bored though. She doesn't really fancy leaving the carriage just yet so she decides to try and take a nap.

She wakes up what must've been a few hours later, but since she'd been woke up so early that made sense. Cathleen shakes her head and digs another book out of her bag.

A few hours there's an announcement for everyone to put on their robes so she does and since Romeo had already fell asleep in the bed of his carrier so she refills his food and water, closes the carrier, and decides to go exploring.

She doesn't know what exactly she's looking for but she notices Tonks and Charlie as she passes their compartment.

She can only assume Bill was off on headboy duties. And she has no idea where Percy is, but she's sure he doesn't want to be bothered. She's pulled out of her thoughts as she sees three girls walking in her direction.

They look to be about her age but they aren't paying her any attention. In fact the one in front bumps straight into her as if there wasn't enough room to get by. The girl gasps, "And just who exactly do you think you are?"

Cathleen raises her eyebrows at the girl, "You bumped into me."

The other girl scowls, "That wasn't what I asked you. It's not my fault you didn't have the good sense to move."

"Yeah," one of the girls standing behind her interjects, "everyone should know to move out the way for Ivy Jugson."

Cathleen laughs sarcastically, "Well assuming I'm supposed to know who you are, I'm sure the Ivy Jugson has better things to do, because I know I do."

"Actually I'm good, this could be a great place to try out a hex or two I've been reading up on."

Cathleen pulls out her wand ready to defend herself but the compartment door right next to them is thrown open.

A girl her age with almond colored skin and curly black hair sticks her head out, "I hope you girls weren't planning on attacking her three to one."

"I sure hope not," Another girl with striking gray eyes and long blonde hair says joining her at the compartment door.

Ivy raises her eyebrows looking between the other girls and Cathleen, "You know what, this isn't worth my time. But make no mistake when we get to Hogwarts I will make your life a living hell." She then turns and walks off.

"Come join us in our compartment," the blonde girl says when Ivy and her friends are out of earshot, "I'd like to know what that was about. Oh I'm Erin by the way."

The first girl smiles and says, "And I'm Cleo, Cleo Hughes."

Cathleen smiles back at them and walks into the compartment behind the two girls, there's two more girls and two boys in there as well.

"Hello everyone, my name's Cathleen Dearborn-Lupin." she says introducing herself and sitting down in the empty spot between Cleo and the wall.

Across from Cathleen is a girl with long braided black hair and brown eyes, she smiles and says, "Hi Cathleen, I'm Isidora Perez, but you can call me Izzy."

Next to her a boy with honey colored skin, brown eyes and black curls grins, "I'm Joseph Carter."

Joseph nudges the other boy who's sitting between him and Erin. The boy blushes, his ivory completion tinting pink, blue eyes shining as he runs a hand through his messy blonde hair, "I'm Oliver Thompson."

"Nice to meet you," she says trying not to giggle.

Finally the girl sitting on the other side of Cleo leans around to say, "Hello, I'm Nora, Nora Davis."

"It's nice to meet you Nora," Cathleen says taking in the girls pale skin, hazel eyes and curly brown hair cut short in a bob. "It's nice to meet you all," she adds looking around at the nearly full compartment.

"So spill, what's Ivy Jugson got against you?" Erin asks leaning forward in question.

Cathleen shrugs, "I honestly have no idea. She just bumped into me and acted like I was scum and should just know who she is by being in her presence."

"Yeah, well Ivy's folks were big supporters of you-know-who, word is her dad's been put away" Joseph says rolling his eyes, "I'd guess they were well known by the way she acts."

"Hmph," Cathleen sighs, "Well my dad's an auror, I can only hope he put her dad in Azkaban and they threw away the key."

The entire compartment erupts into laughter before Nora says, "I'm sorry what's an auror? And is Azkaban some sort of prison or...yeah I'm lost."

Oliver laughs, "Yeah, you guys lost me at 'you-know-who' because...well I don't who that is."

The whole compartment goes silent before Izzy answers the two, "You-know-who or he who must not be named was a dark wizard. He gained a massive following being especially well know for..for going after muggle-borns or people with non magical parents. Aurors catch dark wizards who used to follow you-know-who and put them in Azkaban, which, yes it is a prison. Oh and don't worry you-know-who was defeated years ago."

"By who?" Oliver asks clinging to the edge of his seat as if he's watching a particularly entertaining movie.

"Harry Potter, he was only a baby at the time, nobody knows how he even survived. But one day you-know-who went after his family. He killed Harry's parents but somehow Harry lived and you-know-who hasn't been seen since."

"Wow, is all that true?" Nora asks looking around at the other wizarding children, her and Oliver both had shocked looks on their faces.

Izzy, Erin, Joseph, and Cleo all nod but Cathleen can't help but laugh, "Actually, I have something I should tell you guys while we're on the subject."

Everyone turns their attention to her. She clears her throat, "Harry Potter is my younger brother."

Everyone's jaw drops. Joseph is the first to snap out of his stupor, "Hold up, Harry Potter is your brother?"

"Yeah me and my sister were adopted by Harry's godfather and his husband. And now I have the two best dads a girl could ask for."

"Oh," Joseph starts putting the pieces together. "Sirius Lupin is one of your dads. That all makes sense now. My aunt used to work on his team, I've heard awesome things about him."

Cathleen can't help but smile, "Yeah he's pretty awesome."

"You sound like you have the most interesting family," Cleo says laughing.

Cathleen shakes her head, "I don't know, to me it's just a normal family. I mean even Harry, the oh so great savior of the wizarding world, he's just like any regular eight year old."

Their conversation is cut short as the conductor announces that they've arrived at Hogsmeade.

(A/N)
Hey everyone, I'm super excited for you guys to see this chapter and next, I'm putting a lot into this story. Ohh and next chapter Cathleen gets sorted, so fun! As always thanks for all the support, what's everyone think of Cathleen's new friends, any favorites?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 1.7K 32
Rose Weasley was always a good girl. She followed the rules. But when a mystery unfolds during her fifth year at Hogwarts, Rose starts to get entangl...
9.2K 520 26
Sequel to Young and Old, Back and Bold. Nico's second year of school begins with some demands from the demigod world. (complete)
1.1K 91 19
Book two in the Elizabeth Kane series. Elizabeth Kane has already managed to survive the first year at Hogwarts. Learning more about her visions, she...
111 19 19
The sequel to Marauders it's there 6th year at Hogwarts and like any year chaos erupts. Sirius and Remus' relationship grows on and so does James' an...