Affliction

By kishu6926244

"I have been shouting your name for so long. You heard and still ignored me." The girl didn't like his ignora... More

❤️💜❤️💜
Prologue
chapter 1.1
chapter 1.1 ( republished)
chapter 1.3
chapter 1.4
chapter 1.5
chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
chapter 2.1

chapter 1.2

555 36 167
By kishu6926244

😢😢I am sorry for the late update.

Please comment. Comment. Comment. Comment.😌😌

Let make a deal if I get 100 comments on this chapter then I shall within 48 hours.😁 What's say.....??

This chapter is dedicated to Earlybird2298. I updated a draft by mistake but the excitement that showed on that draft was overwhelming for me.💜💜

aparnaraj09  Thank you so much for your 😳😳 more than 25 comments on previous chapter of affliction.

Please think about the deal.🤨😉

********************************

"Open the gates." Sitting with Vishwajeet inside the car, his adoptive father told the guards.

As soon as the gate opened, his house was in front of Vishwajeet's eyes.

Or maybe not.

Vishwajeet himself did not know which was his house.

Where he was born or where he grew up.

"Always remember you are going with the pride of our family.  Don't do anything that could make our clan being look down in your father's eyes."

Apart from Vishwajeet and his adoptive father, Shiva was also sitting next to the driver.

"I cannot promise anything." Vishwajeet said without looking at him.

Shiva smirked at Vishwajeet reply but it offended his adopted father.

"No one is asking you for that either.  Just be on your best behaviour, that's all.  I shall send someone to take you back after one week." Vishwajeet's adoptive father tried to show that he did not care about Vishwajeet's thoughts.

"I am not a child.  I shall come back myself whenever I would feel like.  Don't bother yourself for that." Vishwajeet's attitude was still equally cold.

His adoptive father was getting angry on him but anger can be vent on an 8-year-old child, not on a 28-year-old man.

"I see why your parents abandoned you.  They must have known that you would turn out this ungrateful. That is why they gave you for adoption when you were 8 years old." His way of taunting Vishwajeet was very merciless.

Vishwajeet had got used to such disdain.

No one knows what is in his heart because he had learned the art of not bringing his emotions to the face but this art worked for others and not for his best friend.

As usual, Vishwajeet remained silent but neither his silence nor the taunts he received could be tolerated by Shiva.

"If you are done with your taunts then may we go in?" Shiva asked for permission but without waiting for permission, he came out of the car with Shiva.

Both of them did not look back until both of them came inside and the gate was not closed.

"Thank you for accompanying me." Vishwajeet said to Shiva.

"Do you think it was appropriate for you to do that?" Shiva's gesture was on Vishwajeet's behavior where he makes his adopted family feel alien.

"You have no idea how excited I was to do something like this here." Vishwajeet took a deep breath as if he didn't care.

"It could be much more chaotic than you think it is." Shiva was clearly worried about Vishwajeet.

"I don't think much."

"Because you think too much for me." He patted Shiva's back.

Vishwajeet's immense faith in Shiva brought a slight smile on his face.

Shiva was expecting that Vishwajeet would first meet his father when he came here, but his steps towards his mother's room was a matter of concern for Shiva.

"Where are you going?" Shiva asked Vishwajeet.

Vishwajeet turned while walking.

"Don't you know where?"

"Don't go."  Shiva wanted to stop him.

"Why?  I have just arrived.  Doesn't a good son should greet his mother first?"

"I think you should go to your father first."  Shiva suggested.

"He must be busy somewhere like he always is.  It would be a waste of time to wait for him for such long.  That’s why it’s a good idea to go to mother first." It was clear that Vishwajeet did not want to meet his father.

But Shiva did not want Vishwajeet to meet his mother either.

"I would still suggest you to not to go to her." Shiva took a pause. "Not just now, but also later."

Vishwajeet knew very well how concerned Shiva was for him.

"Don't worry.  It has stopped hurting." Vishwajeet said with a smile.

This was not happening for the first time today.

This had happened many times before when Shiva used to stop Vishwajeet from doing what might hurt Vishwajeet but Vishwajeet does what he wants to.

Being hurt is not a problem for Vishwajeet but as long as he hopes that this time things will be different and better than before.

It is not that he likes to be hurt, but he just does not want to regret that if he had not stopped his steps, things would have been different.

Vishwajeet goes to his mother every time thinking this.

Every time he expects that at least once his mother will smile and talk to him.

Even today he was going towards his mother's room with same expectation.

He was happy as well as nervous.

With a mixture of emotions, he reached the door of his mother's room but before he could knock on the door, his mother's maid stopped him.

"Elder madam is not here."

"Where is she then?" Vishwajeet took his hand away from the door and asked.

"Even we don't know." maid replied.

"No problem.  I shall wait for her." Vishwajeet was very excited to meet his mother but he didn't mind waiting for her.

"You don't have to.  It is not certain that how long will she take to come back.  You may have to wait for very long." The maid was asking him to leave indirectly.

Vishwajeet did not want to go without meeting his mother then he thought that he would come later.

He had taken his steps to leave from there but that's when he heard some laughters from his mother's room.  She was not alone in the room.  From the voices, it sounded as if someone else was in the room with her.

Vishwajeet looked at the maid who had lied to him 2 minutes ago. The maid lowered her eyes in fear and embarrassment.

  He wanted to get angry on the maid but he knew that it was not her fault either.  He had understood that his mother must have asked her to do.

But it doesn't matter to him.

Without knocking on the door or asking for permission, he immediately opened the door and stood in right front of his mother inside the room.

It was clear that she was laughing and smiling a lot before Vishwajeet appeared in front of her.

But seeing him, her face went out of colour.

"Hello mother. I have come." He smiled and touched his mother's feet.

His mother did not take her feet back but did not put a hand on his head to bless him.

"I heard about your arrival.  I would have called you myself.  You didn't need to come to me yourself."

Along with his mother, both his brothers- Parakram and Karan were also present in the room.

His mother was having breakfast with her two sons.

"I wanted to see you as soon as I reached here.  I am sorry if I disturbed you." Vishwajeet said while sitting in front of his mother.

"Your apology doesn't mean anything once am already disturbed.  By the way, when are you going back?" She asked taking sip of tea.

Vishwajeet may have come here with some other expectations, but he already had idea of such question from his mother.

Vishwajeet does not feel bad due to his mother, but his mother's question was so lousy that even Karan felt bad for his elder brother.

"Mother. Vishwajeet has come just now and you are asking when is he going back." Karan said to his mother.

"I might have sounded rude but I wanted to know so that I can make arrangements for him according to his plan." His mother gave her explanation.

"I am glad that you are intended to make arrangements for me but I shall do that myself because I am thinking of staying here a bit long this time." There was still an unwanted sad smile on Vishwajeet's face.

"How long?" His mother asked without looking at him.

"At least a month."  Vishwajeet replied but his mother probably did not like this answer.

"A month?" His mother was shocked.

Like she didn't expect this answer at all.

She immediately put the cup of hot tea angrily on the table in front of her and exploded on Vishwajeet.

"Are you out of your mind?  A full month is a very long span of time.  How would your mother live being separated from you for this much long?  Just think about her."

Parakram smirked.

"Mother.  You are expecting him to understand someone's feelings.  You must be kidding.  You might not know but he was known for his ruthlessness in his medical college.  He used to be quiet brutal with his opponents in martial arts."

It seemed like today was the day of surprises for Vishwajeet smother.

"Do you really know martial arts?  I wonder how your adoptive family could let you pursue that."  she asked as well as taunted him.

"Parakrama is right, mother.  Even I faced him once." Karan told his mother.

One more surprise for her.

"Really?  Why didn't you tell me before?"  She asked Karan worriedly.

"There was nothing to tell the mother.  Karan had won.  He didn't want to tell you because he didn't want to make you feel low about your second son." His arrogance could be fully gauged from the his words.

He was not leaving a single opportunity to humiliate Vishwajeet.

"There is nothing to feel low about.  I am proud that Karan won against Vishwajeet".  His mother proudly caressed Karan's face.

"That is right I didn't want you to know but the reason is different.  I am still not sure if I really won or it was the generosity of my elder brother. " Karan looked at Vishwajeet as if in his eyes he wanted to know the answer to his question from Vishwajeet.

But for his happiness, his mother is present all the time.

"There must be nothing like that.  I know you.  Vishwajeet can never compete with you.  Am i right Vishwajeet?" This question of her mother was clearly telling what answer she was expecting from Vishwajeet and what answer she would get.

Vishwajeet can do anything but cannot see his mother sad.

"Yes mother.  How can you ever be wrong."  He said with a smile.

"Exactly.  I am never wrong and if you really believe this then don't exceed your stay more than a week.  I want you to leave as soon as possible."

Vishwajeet raises his expectations every time and every time his mother shatters those expectations.

"I will try to make sure of that but I can't make any promises." He lowered his eyes and said.

Vishwajeet's mother had also understood that there was no point in saying anything to him, so she just kept silent by grinding her teeth.

"I'll take leave now."

Vishwajeet again touched his mother's feet and left from there.

The fact that Vishwajeet was good at martial arts was bothering his mother a lot.  She never expected that Vishwajeet's adoptive family would let him do whatever he wanted.

Vishwajeet taking martial arts training was an alarm bell for his mother.

"Is he really very good in martial arts?"  his mother asked Karan

"Yes mother.He is."  Karan said truthfully.

His mother knew very well that if Karan is praising Vishwajeet, then surely his martial arts skills will be very good.

"Even more than you?" She tried to confirm.

But before Karan could answer her, Parakram spoke in between.

"Mother.  Didn't you hear what I told you?  Vishwajeet lost to Karan once.  Had he is so good then why would he be defeated?  Stop thinking about that." Parakram consoled his mother.

His mother did not ask Karan anything after this, but she had understood that this time Vishwajeet has not come here to go back.

He has some motive behind him coming here this time.

------------------

Every time Vishwajeet comes here, he always comes with Shiva.

Every time where Vishwajeet goes to meet his mother first, Shiva comes first to meet Kritika.

Shiva is 4 years younger than Kritika but Kritika and Shiva's friendship is independent of Shiva and Vishwajeet's relationship.

It is true that Shiva met Kritika during his studies with Vishwajeet, but Shiva's honesty and love towards Vishwajeet captivated Kritika.

That is why she trusts Shiva completely in Vishwajeet's case.

"How is everything?" Kritika asked while keeping tea in front of Shiva.

"Vishwajeet is fine.  Exactly the way you want him to be.  She has been doing very well since he joined the research team in our pharmaceutical lab.  His short temper issues have also lessened.  Everything is going very smooth and hopefully it will remain the same." Shiva answered while picking up the tea.

Kritika smiled slightly at Shiva's answer as she had not even mentioned Vishwajeet's name in her question.

"I am not talking about Vishwajeet.I am asking about you."

"Huh?  About me?" Shiva pretended to be surprised.  He knew that Kritika was asking about him but still he wanted to avoid talking to Kritika about himself.

"Yes. How are you?Is everything fine with you?  How is Shivani?"

"Yes.  I am all fine.  Shivani is also fine.  She is doing fine in her graduation.  She is in 2nd year of her medical.  I hope she does well."  After asked by Kritika directly, Shiva had to answer.

"She will have to.  After all, she is the future leader of most of our pharmaceutical experiment team." Kritika said exactly like a proud mother.

"Thank you for your generosity but I would want her to do what she likes to do." Shiva smiled weakly.

"Of course.  No one is going to pressurise either you or her.  I just want to let you know that we are always with you and Shivani."

"I already know that.  Thank you so much."  Finally, Shiva took the first sip of the tea.

For a while there was a very awkward silence between the two as there was nothing to talk about.

It was clearly understood that both of them have a lot to say but probably they have no words.

"How is your girlfriend?" Kritika asked breaking the pin drop silence.

"My girlfriend?  Who?" Kritika's question confused Shiva because he has no girlfriend.

Even that slight smile disappeared from Kritika's face.  Her expressions became very stiff.

"I saw your photo with one very beautiful girl on Instagram.  You both seem quite close." She sipped tea.

While talking about that girl, Kritika was not even looking at Shiva.

After thinking for a while, Shiva understood which girl Kritika was talking about.

"You must be talking about Tamanna.  She is just a good friend and a team mate.  There is nothing like what you are thinking."

"Does she work in our hospital?" Kritika immediately looked at Shiva.

Kritika's eyes and shrill voice were giving Shiva a different idea.

"Yes.  She has recently joined but I have known her since college days.  Trust me, we don't share anything but friendship."  There was a desperation in Shiva's voice as if he wholeheartedly wanted Kritika to believe his words.

The sincerity of Shiva's voice was enough.

Kritika looked at Shiva and smiled slightly.

Her smile convinced Shiva that everything was fine.

"Ok but I truly believe that it is high time when you should say bye to your single life." Kritika said.

Shiva was a little surprised by this suggestion of Kritika.

"Do you really think so?" He asked her seriously.

Shiva's question increased the tension between these two .

Just then Kritika's father comes in the room.

"Hello Shiva." He greeted Shiva moving towards him.

"Good morning sir." Shiva stood up.

"Good morning. Sit down."

"So, how are you?"

"With your blessings, I am all fine sir."  Shiva said.

"I heard a lot about you.  Our senior doctors are not any tired of praising you.  They have been telling me about your hard work and contribution in our going on research.  You must be doing very well." Kritika's father also always believed a lot in Shiva.

"Thank you so much sir.  I am just doing my work."

"I am aware of your sincerity about work.  That is why I have decided to make you the leader of our upcoming project." He said while placing a file in front of Shiva.

Shiva knew neither anything about this file nor about this new project.

"Me?" He was really surprised.

"You look surprised.  Didn't Kritika tell you?"  Kritika's father looked at her.

"Yes father.  I have told him everything.  He was reluctant initially but somehow I persuaded him.  He is ready to be the incharge of the new research project. " Kritika lied and when Shiva wanted to speak the truth, she silenced him too through eyes.

"That sounds wonderful to me." Kritika's father stood up overjoyed. "I was afraid that you would refuse but I am happy that you accepted." He hugged Shiva.

"I shall try my best to live up to your expectations." Shiva said looking at Kritika.

Kritika's father broke the hug.

"I am very much sure that.  I have full faith in you."Kritika's father became very emotional.

He held Shiva's palm in such a way that Shiva could give him something that no one else in the world can give.

Keeping the dignity of his position, he never interacts with anyone like this.

But Shiva was different from the rest to him.

Or rather, he was very special.

"Thank you so much Shiva.  Thank you so much for taking care of Vishwajeet.  Thank you so much for everything.  I am thanking you from bottom of my heart." He expressed his gratitude to Shiva with tearful eyes and left from there.

Probably because he did not want to let his tears shed in front of Shiva.

"Is this any kind of compensation?  As soon as Kritika's father left, Shiva asked Kritika to explain the lie she had told about the new project.

"I don't think I can ever compensate for what you did for me till now.  This is something you deserve.  It's all based on your capabilities.  Nothing else." Kritika said as if she doesn't care but Shiva does not like to be a her puppet  every time.

"You never ask me anything.  At least, you could have told me before doing something like this."

"I knew you would refuse.  That's why I didn't let you know beforehand." Kritika smiled and said as if doing anything against Shiva's will is nothing new or big for her.

She came four steps closer to Shiva.

"All the best." She wished Shiva good luck for the upcoming project and started leaving from there.

He wanted to say a lot but he knew that a stubborn woman like Kritika does what she wants to.

Kritika stopped while walking.

"What was that girl's name?  The girl in the picture with you." She turned around and asked Shiva.

"Tamanna."  Why?

"Nothing." Kritika smiled.
********************************
Karishma and vishwajeet will meet in chapter.💜❤️💜❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5.4K 61
{previously known as, Teri Mehfil Hai, Mera Toota Dil Hai} Here I m standing with tears in my eyes wearing the heavy bridal lehenga, It was my weddin...
135K 8.6K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
200K 9K 23
__The Broken Souls__ A RiAnsh Story __COMPLETED__ Cover credit:- @awesomeshivu _Top Rankings_ #7 in iloveyou #1 in ihateyou #1 in withoutyou "Shivaa...
24.7K 1.5K 20
"Marry me" he said. she was hell shocked by his confession because no one will expect this from a complete stranger or she was thinking she heard so...