The Trials of Being Loved

By BozBozo

😔 I really feel that I have to put a R Rating on this one, not just Mature. I went way overboard on the inti... More

Author's Note
Part 1 - A Polar Bear Kisses and Cries
Part 2 - An Orca is Always There
Part 3 - The Polar Bear Learns
Part 4 - The Orca Chases the Polar Bear
Part 5 - An Overthinking Polar Bear?
Part 6 - The Orca Dominates
Part 7 - It's Not a Game, Polar Bear
Part 8 - Orcas are Apex Predators
Part 9 - My Polar Bear, It's Not Defeat
Part 10 - An Orca Shelters
Part 11 - Why, Polar Bear?
Part 12 -No, Orca!
Part 13 - Polar Bear, Admit it Now!
Part 15 - My Sad Polar Bear
Part 16 - Orca Learn Hard Truths
Part 17 - Move IT, Polar Bear!
Part 18 - What Now, Orca?
Part 19 - Freedom, Polar Bear?
Part 20 - Who Needs Healing, Orca?
Part 21 - We're all Damaged Goods, Polar Bear
Part 22 - Go Away, Orca!
Part 23 - Oh, It's My Fault, Polar Bear
Part 24 - Space, Orca, I need it!
Part 25 - Don't Leave, Polar Bear
Part 26 - Who hurt who, Orca?
Part 27 - Is This Best, Polar Bear?
Part 28 - Orca, Speaking!
Part 29 - Runaway Polar Bear!
Part 30 - Arrogant Orca
Part 31 - Determined Polar Bear
Part 32 - Orca Education
Part 33 - Polar Bear Protection
Part 34 - Survive! Orca, Survive...
Part 35 - GRRR Polar Bear, that's BS!
Part 36 - Rescue is on the way, Orca!
Part 37 - Broken, Polar Bear, not dead.
Part 38 - Orca vs Police
Part 39 - Drowning Polar Bear
Part 40 - Save an Orca, Learn to Swim Again
Part 41 - It's Game Time, Polar Bear!
Part 42 - Dreaming Orca
Part 43 - Crazy Polar Bear
Part 44 - Awaken, Orca, Someone Needs You
Part 45 - WTF, Polar Bear!
Part 46 - Orca?
Part 47- What are you doing, Polar Bear?
Part 48 - The Orca's Family Pod Circles
Part 49 - Deteriorating Polar Bear

Part 14 - Orca, Just Love Me

178 13 3
By BozBozo

They ate an odd dinner of left overs, not being able to call for food delivery. Tay sighed at the diminishing food in the apartment. The knocking had continued throughout the day, albeit at a less frequency. 

"So where do you normally hide out?" He mused?

"Hotels, sometimes." New replied, "Sometimes I borrow a house from an acquaintance." He drew circles on the table top, not really looking at him. "The first day is the hardest. Everyone is after you. After 24 hours, only the most determined have you staked out."

"I've wondered." He slid his sim card into an old phone and turned it on. It immediately began to ring, showing the manager's phone number. 

New sighed. "I told you not to turn your phone on for 24 hours."

Tay turned it off. "Only checking that the phone works. See?" He waved the blackened screen. "It's already off again." He stood and started to rub New's shoulders gently. "What do you want to do tonight? Movie? Game? Sex?" The last was said partly as a joke, partly wistful.

"Seriously? Is sex all you can think of now?" New twisted on the stool to face him. "Can't you think of my poor bum and how so..."

"Oh, I spend lots and lots of time thinking of your ass. It's why I'm like this." 

New blushed. Why am I like this? Fuck him! "Go away, Tay. I am not fucking you tonight."

Tay pouted. He was only teasing but he hated being talked to like that. It sounded like he was being denied his favorite toy. It was because New was so cute when he blushed! He dropped his arms and hugged him. "I know you're blushing. Your ears are red. That's when you're the cutest, babe."

That did it! He didn't know why he was on edge, or why Tay kept nagging him. He blew! "Babe, babe, babe! Why am I your babe all of a sudden? What happens if you call me that in public? How do we explain it?" He stood and with both hands on Tay's firm pectoral muscles, pushed him back. "Stop it."

Tay started to laugh. Once he started, he couldn't stop. Who was this New? Where was the overly polite New who bowed and thanked everyone, never raised his voice and above all else, never got angry? 

"Fuck you, Tay Tawan!" He screamed. "I am tired of your games! For someone who professes to love me, you sure have a weird way of showing it!" He ran to the bedroom and the door slammed behind him.

He hiccupped, trying to stop the giggles, knowing that explaining this to Newwie would be tough. But damn it, it was about time that he lost control and just let loose. It was an absolute joy to see outside of sex. 

Tay waited ten or fifteen minutes then entered the bedroom to see him curled up in a ball, shaking and sniffling, still wiping tears from his face. He sighed, wondering why his reaction to really strong emotions was always tears. 

Who taught you to cry, Newwie? Will I ever know?

Gathering him up into his arms, he held him gently and New began to cry all over. He twisted, so his face was hidden in Tay's chest and he hit him, not as hard. 

"Damn you, for making me cry." He sniffed. "Sometimes, I really hate you."

"I don't know what I did, New, unless you tell me."

"Just... just don't play games with my heart, you hear me?" 

"Who's playing games with that? I like watching you blush, Newwie? You look adorable."

"I can't tell the difference. It's all the same. Games are games, it's a tangled mess when you play them, Tay."

"New, this is a serious question." He stroked his back. "I'm ready to kill whoever hurt you, but first I need to know who it is. Tell me who made you cry like this? Who made you afraid to love again?"

New's head shook against his chest, his shirt damp with his tears. "No one in particular. It's loneliness, fear... lots of things bottled up over time." He finally raised his head to meet Tay's concerned gaze. "There's nothing you can do."

"Don't you dare say that. Not to me." Tay patted his back, comforting him the way he did his little niece. He didn't know of any other way. 

New felt safe in his arms. He felt the demons in his brain calming, settling down. Maybe, just maybe, they would let him be this time. His demons were hard to live with, they didn't like other people much, so he kept them hidden. 

But this time, he had spent too much time in close proximity with Tay. They were circling, like birds of prey, fighting to get out and destroy. He needed out of this tiny space, this apartment. He needed space away from Tay Tawan before they destroyed whatever love he had for him.

Tay watched the emotions swirling in his dark eyes and sighed. As much as he pushed for openness between them, New always held back something. He didn't know what. He would never know until he was boldly told. 

Now, he knew with certainty, Newwie was too afraid to tell him. What could be so terrifying to speak it aloud?

Still, from the safety of his arms, he heard New whisper, "Don't let me go, if you love me. Just don't let me go." He held tighter and patted his back, sometimes rubbing in circles until his tears dried and he fell asleep.

That night, although New slept in Tay's arms, he did not sleep peacefully or dreamlessly as he had the nights before. Plagued by his fears, he muttered, and tossed restlessly. Tay worried and tightened his hold around him. 

Whispering, "What the fuck is going on, New? Just talk to me, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, I love you." He held him tight against his demons and prayed, falling asleep finally as the morning sun broke.

New awoke, not feeling fresh. He knew, right away, he had one of his bad nights. Thankful, that they were rare here at Tay's, he was still embarrassed it had happened. He thought he knew him well enough by now to know there was no way to escape his million questions of "Why?"

What answers did he have for him? How could he explain the insecurities, the injustices, the fears and the longings that built the man in front of him? That years of having no one to share these feelings with had left him bereft? Ashamed? Insecure? Everything his image was not.

He rolled out of Tay's embrace, for once, he slept on, not telling him to stay in bed and sleep longer. Carefully, without waking him, he gathered his belongings and went to shower. He dressed in the common area and made himself something to eat. 

As he sat on the sofa, drinking his morning cup of coffee, he thought long and deep. How much do I want to stay with Tay? How much can I trust him? 

So lost in thought, he jumped when Tay kissed the top of his head, small drops of water from his recent shower touching his bare neck. 

"Tay! At least dry your hair first!" He quickly drew on his mask, the same way he wore clothes every day. He gave a light smile, which didn't match the look in his eyes.

Narrowing his eyes slightly, it was an Ah ha! moment for Tay! I got you, New. He thought, I don't know what you're hiding, but I know it's big. I will find out what and I will find out why. You're not getting rid of me that easily. Aloud, "Did you eat? I can't believe I slept so long."

"Mmm. I did. Go ahead. Just having coffee now." He lifted his coffee now. 

Tay bent and pressed another kiss to the top of his head. "I'll be back soon. Unless you want to watch me eat?"

New shook his head. "I'm fine here. Go ahead."

Tay sighed. Oh yes, later though, when New wasn't prepared for it. He could already tell that the gates were up. He was up against a master. 

All day, New was on edge. Why wouldn't Tay just ask about the nightmares so he could get it over with? At this rate, he would have them again tonight! They only had two more nights together. What was he to do?

Tay heard New sigh as he flipped the page in the new mystery novel and wanted to laugh. So, was he worried? It didn't really matter, because he was never asking. New had to voluntarily tell him.

Although Tay liked his apartment on the cool side, the day of stress and worry had left Newwie hot and sweaty by bedtime. He finished the novel he borrowed and stretched, catching Tay's eye. "I'm going to shower and go to bed. I'm sleepy."

He gave a gentle smile and nod in response. That scared New even more. What happened to all of this communicate with me, I want to know everything crap? He looked at him and gnawed his bottom lip, as he slowly walked to the bathroom.

Shifting on the sofa, Tay groaned. New really had no clue what that did to him. "Fuck." He threw the mystery  novel down and sighed. He looked calm and collected all day, but it was all acting. He hadn't read a single word for whole chapters. 

Now, he fought himself. Do I join him in the shower or leave him alone? I want him. Is it possible to want too much sex? Having destroyed his phone, he walked to his laptop and turned it on. There wasn't much time to find out. 

He hated feeling like a noob again!

New sighed as he soaped down his body. Never did he imagine that it would feel lonely, taking a shower. It wasn't a far leap, from a shower to the bed. If I'm this lonely in here, how am I going to sleep after Tay's not with me?

His hands dropped, and stilled. He leaned against the wall and began to cry. Everything, all the stress, the nightmares he wouldn't talk about, just everything, came pouring out in deep gasping sobs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 617 22
"𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸...
23.5K 1.5K 20
Tay Tawan was top agents who was put off field after a tragedy on a mission and now had to train the new recruits. One day, he woke up and found a na...
41.3K 4.1K 24
New Thitipoom as a final act of desperation seeks employment in the home of a mysterious man who lives in isolation in a house no one dares to approa...
3.6M 89.8K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...