Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 4

104 12 24
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 4

🌷Meera's POV

I and Rahul met up with Sharath at this new café. We ordered our drinks and started talking. I and Sharath were mostly talking about kdramas while Rahul was answering a few questions we threw his way. We exchanged our numbers and created a group chat between all our five. After talking for a while Sharath had to leave and Rahul offered to drop me off at our apartment. 

We both got into the car and he asked me many questions about my job. We were in our talk and suddenly Rahul hit the breaks and I saw Adithi in front of me she was covering her face with her hands, I swiftly got out of the car. 

She was panicking and crying I held her tight in my arms. I knew I need to somehow take her out from this place and calm her down. I called for a rickshaw and we both reached home. I saw the guys following us. They were waiting outside our apartment. I helped her freshen up and slowly put her to bed.

I was trying to calm myself to not leap at Karthik I knew he had something to do with this. I am boiling with anger. I am angry with Adithi too because she will forgive him again. But when I saw him I lost all my cool, I caught his collar ."What the hell, did you do to her? It's been two freaking years since she had a panic attack ."

He looked at me questioningly. The damn audacity after all the shit he has done. She loved him, she loved him so much even after him treating her that way. He mistreated her. He will mistreat her in the future too. But where did she find hope I still don't understand. 

She was the only friend I had and hated seeing her like this. " It's not my story to tell, she is going to keep her promise and come with you on the rest of the three dates, but if I ever find out you hurt her again I won't refrain from breaking your 206 bones? Understand! now get out from here."Telling this I went inside our apartment without sparing a glance at him.

🌷Karthik's POV

Meera went inside ."That was hot."I heard from Rahul. I glared at him from the side."What?"He asked me again."You're an idiot ."I told him and made my way towards the car. 

What is she talking about? Panic attack? I need to talk to my brother. I get into the car and start the car and within few minutes, I reach my parents' house. My mom was sitting on the sofa, "Why are you here you should be with Adithi ?".I looked at her blinked a few times and said "She was feeling tired and I dropped her at her apartment."She was silent for a few seconds before she could say anything I made my way to my brother's room.

I was about to burst inside, but I remembered the day when I entered without knocking and saw my brother making out with my sister-in-law. That was awkward but now I have used my brain and knocked this time. 

My brother opened the door ."I need to talk it is urgent."I told him. We went into his office room and I started explaining what happened today. I can see he was visibly flinching with anger.

"What wrong has she done to you that you mistreat her like this ?"I looked down "I always felt she was stealing you away from me."I opened up to him genuinely.

"But whom am I standing with right now?"He questioned me. That's when the realization hit me like a wave."She never tried to pull me away from you nor your friends. It was all in your dumb head."I was out of words. But somewhere from deep within I found my voice.

"Where did I go wrong?"I asked him."It all started with you. You were the one who avoided her, you were the one starting the fight, you were consumed by jealousy towards her. It was nowhere her fault your crush rejected you. She was weak and meek from the start. You were always on her nerve, you imagined things. The problem is not her it was you all along."My brother's words hit me like daggers, deep within I knew it was my fault, but I was not ready to accept it."What happened after that day ?"I asked him ."Which day ?"He cross-questioned back, by this time my voice sounded meek "I shouted at her."

He looked at me for a few seconds."She locked herself inside, she had enough of all this, you mistreating her, she being bullied at school. She was done. The last time I saw her was at my marriage, after that she ran away. I met her just a few days back. She is not the Adithi I know she changed and you were one of the biggest reasons she is like this now." saying these words he stood up to leave. 

But before he could leave "Do you hate me?" I couldn't help but ask."I never hated you. I am angry with you. Hate is a strong word. Think about it and I hope you fix things with her." after answering me he left.

Really was I the one blinded? Was I the one who caused her all this? Guilt did surface now. I don't know why but I wanted to know if she was alright. Was I really this blinded. I took out my phone. I checked a new notification and it was a new chat room. Should I text Meera? That was my first thought. Slowly I built up the courage and texted her

Karthik: "Hey"

She replied to me.

Meera: "What"

She did seem cold but, I can't complain cause the fault was mine.

Karthik: "Sorry to disturb you this late"

Meera: "Stop beating around the bush and tell me what do you want?"

She is really angry.

Karthik: "Is Adithi fine?"

She left me on seen what the –she is calling.

I picked up the call."After the shit you have pulled up do you think she will be fine?"I was silent I knew I deserve this.

"But anyways, She is fine she is sleeping. She has a shift at the hospital tomorrow. Can I ask you something?"She was being soft now.

I nodded my head. I forgot I was on call. I facepalmed myself"Yes you can ."

"When is the next date?"

Oh, she is very straightforward."I- d-ont know. It depends on her schedule."I told her.

"Next time you guys are going anywhere, I want the details from where you are going and what shoe size you are wearing. Is it clear?"She is bossy too.

"Yes, Ma'am."I told her.

"Good now go to sleep. Bye "Saying this she cut the call."
It was a hell of a phone call. I should go to sleep now.

🌷Adithi POV (1 week later)

Congratulations mam, I will follow you up with the head doctor, So she can talk to you. I know you guys have been trying for 2 years and it finally paid off I wish you all the best."I was so happy for her and her husband.

I can see them crying in front of me hugging each other. I walked out of the room thinking how it would be if I got pregnant. How will the rush of emotions be? It's a huge responsibility to carry.

Far from I see Meera in one of her patient's rooms. She is working in the pediatric wing and she is talking to a really cute little girl. They High five each other, smiling she comes out of the room. She understands children so well.

 She would be a great mother. She comes walking towards me. I know she is expecting a lot of answers from me."Break?"She asks me. I nod my head and we both make our way to the canteen.

She brings me a coffee and sits down opposite me "Spill." she demanded. I know if I tell her that I will tell her later she will live me. But she deserves to know the answer. After explaining her.

"Isn't he being too much?"I can see anger and concern in her eyes. She looked at me for a brief moment"Even after all this, Why him?".She knows how much I love him. She knows and she hates it. But she won't ask me to stop maybe because she respects my decision. This is the first time she questioned about my love. I have asked myself the same question many times."What heart wants heart gets." was the only thing I could answer.

"Ok, if anything happens you know who to call." saying this she started eating her lunch without pressuring me to talk more about it. She has always been so understanding and loving. She never judged me for who I was, I wish I had met her way before."What are you thinking?EAT! the break will end." Saying this she got up from her place to visit the restroom.

Slowly the day was coming to an end. As my shift was about to end I get a text. Its Karthik.I was nervous to open but I do it anyway.

Karthik-Hey, can I call?

Adithi- yup

In a few seconds, I got a call from him."Hey " was what I heard from the other side ."Are you busy ?" he continued after that ."Nope, My shift is about to end in 15 minutes "I answered him back ."Great, can we meet now? At the café opposite to your hospital."I was thinking for a few seconds ."Yeah once I get off from the shift I can come ."I can hear him sigh in relief.

"Yeah! sure I will be waiting." that was the last thing I heard as I cut the call. I need to first go to Meera and inform her about me leaving. But she was with her patient. I stuck with texting her and made my way to the café. I see Karthik sitting at one of the tables he seemed nervous. I went to him and waved to him.

He looked at me and waved back. I took a seat opposite him. "Sorry to call you so abruptly."he tells me but I retort with "It's fine. What's the matter?"I asked while I was sipping my cold coffee.

"I wanted to talk about that day "is all that he said. My thoughts went fifteen years back. The day everything broke."What about that ?"I asked him nonchalantly.

"It's my fault, It's always been mine from the start. It had nothing to do with you. I was the one blinded by my jealousy from the start. I know it is too selfish to ask but can you please forgive me."I see him tearing up, he never cried before. It must have been so hard for him. I look at him as carefree I can be I say"I forgive you ." 

I see a ray of hope in his eyes, But I also love my self-respect."But that doesn't mean I will forget everything. I want you to know I am not interested in this marriage, let's just go on the rest of the three dates and be friends after that ."I need to find a way to move on from him.

He looked at me with guilt in his eyes ."Thank you. I respect your decision. Thank you for understanding me."After that, we had a normal talk about how our days went."Do you want us to consider it as our second date? So that you know only 2 would be left?"He asked me. I nodded my head indicating a yes. After that, he dropped me off at my apartment. I have a lot to say to Meera, she will be happy to hear that I will try to move on.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Word count: 2114

Introduction of Meera in the last chapter. Her love for Kdramas can be seen in the first line itself. Can you guess which actor she was talking about?

I loved how Meera caught Karthik's collar. She loves her friend a lot. The story is going to reach 100 views soon. I am very happy about that. I didn't even expect like 20 views for this story. Am thankful to everyone who is reading my story. Am also thankful to my friends who give me many great advices, they help me improve a lot.

Do you think Adithi will move on?

Is there any Kdrama or Kpop fan here? 

I love watching Kdrama and am a huge fan of BTS! Comment down your favorite songs, groups, and Dramas. I love reading your comments. Until the next chapter.
~Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 601 13
"Preeti...kyu ro rhi ho meri jaan main tumhara tha hu aur rahunga" "Ask yourself Prem Singhania khudse pucho" Two souls,Two minds, Two bestfriends...
5.7K 495 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
18.6K 1K 32
Aditya Roy Kapoor is a billionarie , CEO of His company , Kapoor industries and can do anything to achieve the thing which is his. Aditya does not ha...
759K 22.8K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...