The Calm Before the Storm (1)

By untitled_145

Melina and her twin brother Max have had anything but an easy life, from dealing with their drug addicted mot... More

Characters Pt.1
Characters Pt.2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 10

13.4K 350 50
By untitled_145

 Melina's pov-

I stayed awake the rest of the night to make sure Theo didn't have another nightmare. I knew he felt guilty about last night but I don't blame him for what happened, I know he wasn't in control of his actions.

Theo was still asleep and I decided to finally do a background check on my brothers. I sat up slightly, Theo whined when I moved and wrapped his arms around my waist. I started scouring the web trying to find information on them. Holy shit, they're The Storm family, the head of the American Mafia. Fuck, I don't know how I didn't figure it out sooner, I need to tell Max, if they're apart of the mafia then there's a good chance they're going to be able to uncover our secrets.

My alarm went off an hour ago, but I decided to skip the first period and let Theo sleep and I needed time to process the information I had just learned. I told the guys to go ahead and go to school, I knew Theo wasn't going to want to be around a lot of people after last night.

" Melly?" Theo whispered out in a hoarse voice.

" Yeah?"

" What time is it?"

" 8:30."

" Why didn't you wake me? We missed first period."

" Because you needed to sleep."

" But you already missed school yesterday because of me, you can't keep skipping."

I laughed lightly, " Theo, I think you and I both know that school isn't going to teach me anything I don't already know." I said with a hint of amusement.

" I know but I don't want you to get into trouble because of me." he said with a hint of guilt evident in his voice.

" Don't worry about me Theo, my main priority right now is you and your wellbeing." I said in a soft yet firm tone, letting him know I was serious.

Theo picked his head up off my stomach and looked up at me, his eyes widened and he gasped as he got a good look at my face. I knew I probably had two black eyes and a jacked up nose, not to mention the deep cut on my lip.

" Oh my god." he whispered.

" Hey hey hey, it's okay, it was an accident." I said trying to calm him down before he got all worked up and had a panic attack.

His eyes filled with unshed tears as he looked at my slightly battered face, his breathing started to pick up.

" Theo, I need you to calm down, okay? Take some deep breaths for me."

Theo and I started taking some deep breaths together, " Good job, in and out, in and out." I instructed.

I could feel him shaking, I knew this was probably giving him flashbacks to his childhood, I knew he was on the verge of a panic attack.

" So what do you want to do today?" I asked in attempts to distract him.

" I want to go to school."

" Are you sure Theo, I don't think it's the best idea for you to be around a large group of people today."

" I'm sure."

" Okay." I sighed, I was worried about Theo being around so many people, especially when he was in such a delicate state.

Theo and I stayed snuggled up for a few more minutes before we got up and started getting ready for school. I decided to take a shower while Theo got dressed, when I got out of the shower I stopped to take a look in the mirror. Jesus, I look like shit, my nose was bruised and had a cut on it, I had two swollen dark purplish,black circles underneath both of my eyes, and a deep, bloody cut on the right side of my lower lip.

I sighed and started drying my hair, which I left down in my natural wavy state. I then walked into Theo's closet, I found a pair of my jeans in there, and put them on. I then put on a yellow and blue striped shirt of Theo's and one of his belts, I then put my white sneakers on and made my way downstairs.

Melina's outfit-

Theo's outfit-

I walked downstairs and saw Theo sitting at the table with his head in his hands and his eyes closed.

" Theo?"

He looked exhausted and it absolutely broke my heart to see him like this. He lifted his head out of his hands and looked at me. His eyes were filled with sadness and guilt, I knew he felt very guilty about last night and honestly I don't know how to comfort him other than reminding him that it wasn't his fault and everything's okay.

" Have you eaten?" I asked softly, he shook his head no.

I started making pancakes, I even added a whipped cream smiley face, just how he liked it. I put the food down in front of him and he just stared at it.

" Come on Theo, you need to eat, we're not leaving until you eat."

" I'll eat if you do." he said.

I sighed and made myself a plate, we ate in silence, my gaze was mainly focused on Theo, his gaze was focused on anything but me. I knew he was having a hard time facing me, because it was a reminder of what he did.

I gently grabbed his cheeks in both of my hands, I made him look up at me. " Theo, why won't you look at me?" I already knew the answer.

" Because I hurt you." he said, his voice cracking slightly.

" Theo it was not your fault, and come on let's face it, I've been through way worse than this, it doesn't even hurt, okay?" I said in a calm tone.

" Promise?"

" I promise you Theo, it is not your fault." I said in a firm tone.

" I love you so much Melly and I am so fucking sorry for hurting you." he said in such a raw and genuine tone of voice.

" I love you so much too Theo and you didn't hurt me, I'm okay, I promise."

We got our back packs and took Theo's car to school, we pulled into the parking lot and parked next to Silas's car. I got out of the driver's seat and made my way over to Theo's side of the car, he had fallen asleep on the way here.

" Theo, baby, you have to wake up." I said in a gentle voice, slowly rubbing his back.

" Mmmm" he slowly stirred a bit before opening his eyes.

" Do you want to go back home and sleep?" I asked.

" No, it's okay." he said unbuckling and getting out of the car.

He immediately grabbed my hand and we made our way into the school, as we walked in the lunch bell went off, we headed to the cafeteria to find the others.

" Are you sure you want to go into the cafeteria? We can meet the others somewhere quieter."

" No it's okay."

" Theo, I don't want you to overwhelm yourself."

" I won't, I promise, I'll tell you if it's too much."

" Okay, but seriously if at any time you want to leave just let me know."

" I will." he said, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

We walked into the crowded cafeteria, I spotted Maddox, Silas and Max sitting at the same table as yesterday, we walked over and sat down. I sat down next to Max, and Theo sat on the other side of me, he still had a death grip on my hand.

Max quickly cupped my cheeks and started inspecting my face, " Jesus Christ Mels, you look like hell."

" Gee thanks." I said while laughing slightly, pulling away from his grip. The cafeteria went silent, I knew my other brothers had just walked in, four of my brothers and their friends made their way over to our table, they sat down at the opposite side of the table.

"Я проверил биографию наших братьев." - " I did a background check on our brothers." I said quietly to Max.

"Что ты нашел?" - " What did you find?" he asked.

" Это самая смертоносная семья американской мафии." - " They're the deadliest family of the American Mafia." I answered, a look of shock took over his face but only for a split second before it went back to being blank.

" Дерьмо." - " Shit." he said, clearly finding this new information troublesome.

" Мы поговорим об этом позже." - " We can talk about it more later." I said, he nodded in response, we turned our attention back to the group.

Theo had his head resting on my shoulder, still not letting go of my hand. When my brothers and their friends sat down he squeezed my hand a bit tighter, I knew being around so many people probably made him uncomfortable.

" WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Elias yelled once he saw my face, drawing the attention of the rest of my brothers and the entire cafeteria.

" Nothing happened, stop yelling." I sneered at him.

" Melina, that is not nothing." Enzo said in a stern voice.

Amias grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the table and away from Theo, who quickly tried to grab me back but wasn't fast enough as four of my brothers dragged me out of the cafeteria, Max quickly trailing behind.

They pulled me into an empty hallway, " Melina, what the fuck?!" Jax exclaimed.

" Look it's nothing, I got into a fight with some girl yesterday."

" Which girl?" Enzo asked.

" Does she go to this school?" Amias asked.

" What were you guys fighting about?" Elias asked.

" Why didn't you call one of us?" Jax asked.

They all asked, talking over each other, Enzo took my face in his hands and started inspecting my face. I didn't bother fighting it, knowing there was nothing I could do to stop them anyway.

Max came barreling through the door and looked around frantically for us, once he spotted us he ran over and pulled me into his side.

" What the fuck man, why'd you grab her like that." Max snapped at Amias, referring to how he had dragged me out of the cafeteria.

" Where were you when she got into this fucking fight?!" Elias snapped at Max.

" Why didn't you fucking stop it, do you see her face right now?!" Jax yelled at Max.

" He wasn't there when the fight started but he broke it up as soon as he saw me, it's not his fault." I said in a cold and serious tone.

" You can't just go and get into fights Melina, you could've been seriously injured." Enzo said in a calm voice but I could see the anger in his eyes.

" Is your nose broken?" Amias asked, taking a closer look at my face.

" It was, I snapped it back into place."

When I said that their jaws practically hit the floor, " You snapped it back into place yourself?! Why didn't you go to the fucking hospital?!" Elias exclaimed.

" Because I didn't need to go to the hospital for a broken nose." I said while rolling my eyes.

" Look, we can discuss this at home, okay? Let's just go back to the cafeteria and try to get through the rest of the school day, Okay?" Enzo suggested.

" Fine." Elias said, clearly not wanting to wait until the end of the day.

We all made our way back into the cafeteria, I quickly made my way over to Theo who looked panicky. I sat down and quickly took his hand in mine, he quickly put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, he rested his head on top of mine.

" Είσαι εντάξει Theo?" - " Are you okay Theo?" I asked, concerned he might have an anxiety attack.

" Ναι, αλλά παρακαλώ μην με αφήσεις ξανά." - " Yeah, but please don't leave me again." he whispered.

" Δεν θα λυπάμαι." - " I won't, I'm sorry." I genuinely felt bad for leaving him.

He simply nuzzled his head further into my hair as a response, I knew he was probably experiencing bad separation anxiety.

All of a sudden I felt a heavy tap on my shoulder, I looked behind me and saw the same blonde girl from yesterday standing behind me.

" What do you want?" I said in a toneless voice, not wanting to deal with this bitch right now.

" What did you say to Elias to make him break up with me?" she asked in a shrill voice.

" I didn't do anything, he clearly just came to his senses and realized what a bitch you are."

" Are you seriously trying to blame my sister?" Elias asked.

" You're fucking pathetic." Enzo chimed in.

" What the fuck did you just call me slut?!" she screeched at me, her voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

" I called you a bitch, are you deaf or just plain stupid." I sneered while rolling my eyes.

All of a sudden I felt a slight stinging sensation on my cheek, this fucking bitch just slapped me, I'm gonna rip her fucking throat out.

" What the fuck Rebecca?!" Elias shouted at her, while standing up.

" Did you just fucking slap me?" I asked rhetorically, while chuckling darkly, her face paled and she took a step back.

I got up and took a step towards her.

" Uh oh." I heard Silas say.

" What?" My brothers asked insync.

" She's gonna fucking kill her." Max said with an amused look on his face.

I lunged at Rebecca, I started punching her in the face, she fell onto the ground after the second punch, I got on top of her and started wailing on her. I lost control, everything around me faded into nothingness, all I saw was red, I repeatedly punched her as hard as I could.

I felt someone try and pull me off but I quickly shook them off and mercilessly kept beating Rebecca.

" Melina get the fuck off of her!" I heard someone shout, I didn't listen.

I felt someone grab one of my arms and another person grab the other, I slowly started coming back into reality. I looked over and noticed Max and Maddox holding both of my arms, I then looked down and saw a bloody and unrecognizable Rebecca. I looked behind me and saw a look of pure shock on my brother's faces, I looked around a little more and spotted Theo being comforted by Silas.

" Get the fuck off of me." I snarled at Max and Maddox, who quickly let both of my arms go.

I stood up and quickly walked over to Silas and Theo, " Theo, are you okay?" I asked softly.

He didn't respond, he just pulled me into a tight hug, " Shh, it's okay, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I said in a soothing voice.

I took Theo's hand and led him out of the cafeteria, he was shaking and he was starting to hyperventilate. I brought us to the same place as yesterday, I took him under the bleachers and sat down with him in the grass.

" Theo please calm down, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to lose control like that." I was begging him to calm down at this point.

He was having a panic attack, he was shaking and gasping for air, while frantically looking around. I cupped his cheeks in my blood stained hands, and forced him to look at me. I took his fingers and placed them on the side of my neck and I then placed his other hand on the side of his neck.

" Match our heart beats Theo, try and focus on your surroundings. What can you hear? What can you see? Remember to use your five senses, rely on them and let them help ground you." I said in the calmest voice I could muster, at this point I was scared he was going to pass out.

His breathing slowly started to calm down and he was staring into my eyes, tears slowly starting to fall from his watery blue eyes.

" Melly, your hands." he cried out.

" It's okay Theo, they're just a little bruised, nothing a little ice can't fix."

We sat there for a few minutes, Theo laid down and rested his head in my lap, he always gets sleepy after having an anxiety/panic attack . Eventually the rest of the guys found us, " Jesus Mels, you can't just leave like that, you scared the shit out of us." Max said.

" Shhh, Theo's sleeping. I know, I'm sorry, I just had to get him out of there, he had a panic attack." I whispered.

They looked down to the sleeping boy on my lap and their eyes softened.

" I'm getting worried about him, his anxiety is getting worse." I said in a hushed voice.

" I know, I am too." Silas agreed, the other two simply nodded.

Theo woke up about two hours later, right before the dismissal bell went off. I knew Theo wanted me to stay with him tonight but I had to go home to my brothers. I felt awful for leaving him in this state, Silas promised to let me know if anything happened. Max and I didn't want to ride home with our brothers so we decided to walk.

When we arrived home we noticed Dean's car in the driveway, I knew he was going to be angry. We walked in through the front door and were greeted with a furious looking Dean, well this is going to be fun.

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please let me know if you see any mistakes, especially spelling and grammar.

Sorry this chapter was kinda short.

I'll see you next chapter!

Word count- 3108

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 1.6K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
182K 4.6K 37
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧." In spite of how...
8.4M 245K 100
Emilia and Lexi were twins but they couldn't be more oppersite if they tried. Emilia was selective mute, she was taught not to speak unless spoken to...
983K 31.2K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...