The Calm Before the Storm (1)

By untitled_145

Melina and her twin brother Max have had anything but an easy life, from dealing with their drug addicted mot... More

Characters Pt.1
Characters Pt.2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 9

14.2K 333 173
By untitled_145

Melina's pov-

I checked the time on my phone, shit, fifth period starts soon. Theo was still asleep on my chest, he usually gets pretty tired after having an anxiety attack.

" The bell is gonna go off soon, do you think we should wake him?" I asked looking up at Silas.

" I think we should let him sleep, he hasn't really been sleeping lately."

" Do you know why?"

" No, I've just noticed the light on in his room."

I sighed, poor Theo, it's probably his anxiety keeping him up at night, he tends to overthink.

I heard the bell go off for the fifth period, I looked up to Silas, " You should go to class, I'll stay with him."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah, I'm sure."

I moved my head off of Silas's lap, he stood up and picked up his backpack, " Love you Melly, call me if anything happens."

" Love you too Si, and don't worry I will."

I stayed there with Theo laying on the grass under the bleachers for the rest of the day. I knew my brothers were going to be pissed about me missing class but Theo is more important to me than school.

I heard the dismissal bell go off, I watched as students flooded out of the building, the noise of the students slowly started to wake Theo up.

He stirred slightly before his eyes slowly opened, " Melly?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

" Hey Theo, how're you feeling?" I said in a soft voice with a warm smile on my face.

" Tired, what time is it?" he asked, snuggling back into me.

"2:30 ."

He lifted his head and looked at me, " Did you miss your classes?" he asked as a look of guilt flashed through his eyes.

" Yeah but it's okay, you're more important than some stupid classes."

" I'm sorry Melly, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

" It's okay Theo, I promise, I just want to make sure you're okay."

He snuggled his head back onto my chest, " Theo?"

" Yeah?"

" Why haven't you been sleeping?"

" Wha- how did you know?"

" Silas told me."

He sighed and buried his face between my breasts, " I don't know I just can't seem to turn my brain off lately, there are too many things to think about."

" Like what?"

" I don't know, I just feel like something bad is going to happen, I'm just scared I'm going to lose you guys."

" Baby, you're never going to lose us, I know that ever since what happened with your parents and your brother you're scared of people leaving, but I promise you we are never EVER going to leave you."

" I know but I can't help but worry."

" I know Theo, but I promise we're not going anywhere."

" Can you stay with me tonight Melly?"

" Always."

" I love you."

" I love you too Theo."

" As much as I love laying here with you Theo, we should probably get up, my brothers are probably looking for me."

" Do we have to?" he whined, burying his face deeper between my breasts.

" Yes we have to, I'm sorry." I said sitting up.

Theo rolled off of me and stood up, he then held out his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me up. He grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder, he then grabbed mine and held it in his right hand while he held my hand with his left hand.

" Does your head hurt?" I asked him as we started walking towards the parking lot.

" Yeah." he sighed.

" Try taking some aspirin when you get home, okay?"

" Okay, can we watch a movie tonight Melly?"

" Of course, I'll even bring all of your favorite snacks."

" Really?!" he squealed.

" Really." I responded laughing at his childish reaction.

We spotted my brother's car and started walking towards it, my brothers were leaning against the car waiting for me.

Max looked up and saw me and Theo walking towards them, " Hey Mels, Hey Theo." he said, smiling slightly.

" Where were you guys? You disappeared during lunch." Elias said, eyeing Theo suspiciously.

" We went to get some fresh air." I replied, I felt Theo gave my hand a squeeze, silently thanking me for not telling them about his anxiety attack.

" We should probably head home." Elias said, reaching out to grab my arm, Theo quickly stepped in front of me, blocking me from Elias's grasp.

"Είναι εντάξει Theo, πρέπει να φύγω τώρα, θα σε δω σε μερικές ώρες, εντάξει;" - " It's okay Theo, I have to go now, I'll see you in a couple of hours, Okay?"

" Okay." he said, taking a step back and returning to my side, still not letting go of my hand.

Max looked at Theo and I, he could tell Theo was struggling with letting me leave.

"Είναι εντάξει Theo, θα είναι σύντομα πίσω" - " It's okay Theo, she'll be back soon."

Theo reluctantly let go of my hand, I knew this was hard for him, he was usually very clingy to me after having an anxiety attack.

I waited until I saw Silas and Maddox, I then walked with Theo over to them.

" Hey Theo, how ya doin' ?" Maddox asked.

" Fine." he replied, before anyone could say anything else Theo walked away and hopped into the car.

" Is he okay?" Maddox asked, looking concerned.

" I don't know, but he will be." I said in a firm voice.

" Are you coming over tonight?" Silas asked, looking at Theo who was sitting in the car with his eyes closed and his head against the window.

" Yeah, I promised Theo."

Maddox pulled me into a hug, " We'll see you later, love you Mels."

" Love you too."

I walked back to my brother's car, they were already waiting for me inside the car. I climbed in and sat next to Max who was sitting in the middle.

"Тео в порядке?" - " Is Theo okay?" Max asked.

" Честно говоря, не знаю, я за него переживаю." - " I honestly don't know, I'm worried about him."

" Одно и тоже." - " Same."

" What're you guys talking about?" Amias asked.

" Nothing." We replied at the same time.

" Uh huh." he replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Кстати, они говорят по-итальянски, а мы не знаем." - " By the way they speak Italian, but they don't know we do." he informed me.

" Хорошо." - " Okay."

The rest of the drive home was silent, there was a slight tension between us, I knew they were curious about what happened with Theo and they knew I got kicked out of class. The car soon came to a stop and we were back at the house, I got out of the car and made my way into the house.

" Hey sweetheart, how was your day?" Jasper said with a smile on his face.

" Fine." I said walking past him, making my way up to my room.

I went upstairs and took a quick shower. I also packed a bunch of snacks for Theo, I then made my way to Max's room. I walked in and saw him lying on his bed, " Ready?" he asked.

" Yeah."

We walked downstairs and into the living room where all of my brothers were lounging around on the couch, except for Dean who was still at work.

" So I heard you guys got kicked out of class today." Ares said in an amused tone.

I rolled my eyes, " And?" I asked my voice laced with attitude.

" Woah, what's with the attitude missy?" Luca asked.

" Call me 'missy' again and I'll cut your fucking tongue off." I said in an icy cold tone with a deadly look on my face.

" Jesus, what the fuck is your problem." Ares said.

" I don't have a 'problem'." I sneered at him while rolling my eyes .

" We're going out, we'll be back tomorrow." Max said in a firm tone, letting them know he was telling not asking.

" What, no, you're not leaving." Luca said in a firm tone.

" Yes we are." Max replied in a serious tone of voice.

" Where are you going?" Jasper asked in a calm tone of voice.

" To our friend's house." Max replied.

" Have you asked Dean?" Jasper asked.

" No, we're not asking, we're telling." I said.

" We'll be back home tomorrow after school." Max said as we started walking towards the door.

" You can't just leave." Luca said in a serious tone of voice.

" Watch us." Max said as we walked out of the door.

We got on our bikes and drove to our house. I knew damn well we were going to be in a shit load of trouble tomorrow, I just don't care. Theo needs me right now and I'm not going to let anything stop me.

We walked into the house and went into the living room, " Hey guys." I said to Silas and Maddox who were sitting on the couch, " Hey." They both responded.

" Where's Theo?" I asked.

" He locked himself in his room, he won't let us in and he won't talk to us." Silas replied.

" He was silent the whole way home, he wouldn't even look at us." Maddox added.

" Shit." I said knowing that if he wouldn't even talk to Silas and Maddox he was probably in a pretty bad place mentally.

" I think you should go and see him, he'll talk to you." Silas said.

" Okay, I'll see you guys later." I said as Max walked over to the couch and sat next to Maddox.

I walked up the stairs and to Theo's door, I lightly knocked, " Hey Theo, can you open the door please." I said in a soft tone.

I heard footsteps rush towards the door, the door flung open and I saw Theo standing in the doorway tears streaming down his face.

" Melly." he cried out, looking at me teary eyed.

" Oh Theo." I said walking into the room.

He shut the door behind me, he took my hand and we crawled into the bed. He wrapped himself around my body, like a koala.

" What's going on Theo?" I said in a quiet voice.

" You were gone too long." he said in a wobbly voice.

" I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to take so long." I said feeling genuinely guilty about leaving him.

I knew he was going to be emotional and vulnerable after his anxiety attack today, but I didn't realize it was going to be this bad. Theo's always had problems with anxiety and we've all done everything we can to help him but sometimes it's just not enough.

We just laid there for a few hours while he cried into my chest, I hated seeing Theo like this. He was usually happy and bubbly and you'd never guess that he'd been through so much in his life but it's times like this that we're reminded just how much his past affects him. But it also reminds us of just how strong he is, because even after everything he's been through he's still standing.

" I can't stop thinking about him." Theo croaked out, his voice hoarse from all of the crying, which had thankfully stopped.

" Elliot?" I asked, he nodded.

Elliot was Theo's older brother, Elliot was murdered by Theo's parents. Theo's parents hated Theo, they only wanted one child, so they decided to give Theo up for adoption. Elliot was too young to remember even having a brother, but when he was older his parents told him about Theo.

Elliot was enraged that they had given his little brother up for adoption and set out on a mission to find him. Which he finally did, Elliot ended up adopting Theo, which his parents disapproved of. They made their opinions of Theo very clear, they thought he was nothing but a waste of space. One night they broke into Elliot's apartment, they were angry at Elliot for bringing Theo back into their lives. So they killed him, they killed Elliot in front of Theo and they told Theo it was his fault Elliot was dead, they made him believe Elliot's death was his fault.

After that Theo ended up going back into the system, which is when he met Silas and Maddox.

" Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

He started crying again, " It's my fault he's dead." he sobbed.

" Theo, baby, it is NOT your fault. Your parents are sick, what they did was sick, it was their fault not yours. You were just a kid, there wasn't anything you could've done to stop them." I reassured him.

" I should've stopped them." he cried out.

" Baby, you wouldn't have been able to stop them, you were too young to be able to do anything."

" I know, but I still feel guilty."

" I know there isn't anything I can say to stop you from feeling guilty. But I'm serious when I say that it is not your fault, you did nothing wrong, your parents were sick and twisted people but you are NOT responsible for their actions." I said in a soft yet firm tone, trying to get my point across.

" Really?" he asked, looking up at me with red, teary eyes.

" Truly." I responded.

" Can we watch a movie now?" he asked.

I laughed lightly, " How about we get changed first?"

Theo kept a tight grip on me, only letting go so that we could change into our pjs. I didn't have any clothes with me and I didn't feel like walking to my room to change so I just put on a pair of boxers of Theo's boxers and a white tank top.

Melina's pjs-

I came out of Theo's closet and saw Theo in black pj's with wet hair, he had just gotten out of the shower.

Theo's pjs-

Theo saw me and smiled, he came over and picked me up and carried me back to his bed. I was now laying between his legs with my back to against his chest, he has his arms wrapped around my waist and his head resting on top of mine.

" What do you want to watch?" I asked.

" You can pick."

" Does that mean I can put on a horror movie?" I asked in a mischievous tone.

" Absolutely not." he said, grabbing the remote from me.

He flipped through the different movies before settling on some random comedy. We stayed cuddled up for the rest of the night, somehow we ended up in a completely different position, with Theo laying on top of me.

I was just starting to fall asleep around 1 a.m. when I noticed Theo was crying in his sleep, he suddenly started screaming and thrashing around on the bed.

" Fuck, Theo wake up!"

He started punching and kicking, I tried to stop him from hurting himself and ended up getting punched in the face, my nose started bleeding.

" Theo it's okay, you're safe, it's just a nightmare." I said, trying to coax him out of his nightmare.

" PLEASE HELP ME!" he screamed as tears streamed down his face, he was still thrashing around violently.

Silas came running into the room and tried to help me hold Theo down, " MADDOX!" Silas shouted.

Maddox and Max came flying into the room, " Grab his legs." Silas ordered.

Silas and Maddox each took hold of a leg, when they did Theo sat up and tried to pry their hands off of him. I took his hand and moved it away from Silas, when I did he swung at me and punched me once again, this time in the mouth. Max quickly restrained his other arm, he was now fully restrained by all of us.

" Shhh, you're okay Theo." I repeated over and over again, whispering into his ear, trying to pull him out of his nightmare.

He soon calmed down, he stopped thrashing around, he went completely still, his eyes then shot open as he gasped for air. His eyes frantically looked around the room, trying to identify his surroundings.

" Hey, you're okay, it's okay." I whispered, I could feel blood dripping down my face.

We all let go of him and let him sit up, he immediately jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly. The blood dripping off my face landed on his shoulder, he felt the drop of blood and looked up to find the source, when he saw my face his face dropped.

" Di- did I do that?" he asked with a horrified expression on his face.

" It's okay Theo, it was an accident, I know you didn't mean to do it." I said in a comforting voice.

I could literally see his heart breaking. I knew he felt guilty about hurting me, but he shouldn't, he had no control over it and it wasn't his fault.

" Melina, we should get you cleaned up," Maddox said.

Theo kept a tight grip on me, " Theo, you have to let her go, we're just gonna get her cleaned up and then we'll bring her right back, I promise." Maddox said in a soft voice, knowing Theo could snap at any second.

Theo nodded and let go of me, Maddox took my hand and led me into Theo's bathroom.

" You okay?" he asked, picking me up and placing me on the counter top.

" I'm okay, I'm worried about Theo though." I said with a sigh.

" I know, I am too, he hasn't had a nightmare like that in a while."

" I know, it was probably his anxiety attack today that caused it."

Maddox grabbed a towel and held it up to my nose to help stop the bleeding, he then started inspecting my face.

" Is it broken?" I asked.

" Yeah, I think so," he replied.

" Fuck, we need to snap it back into place."

" Are you sure? It's probably gonna hurt."

" I don't care, just do it."

He counted down from three and then snapped my nose back into place, I winced slightly.

" Are you okay?" he asked, looking at me in the eyes, making sure I was okay.

" I'm fine."

He cleaned the rest of the blood off of me, he then handed me one of Theo's t-shirts which was hanging on the back of the bathroom door, he turned around while I changed.

I turned around and looked in the mirror, I had two dark circles forming under my eyes because of the broken nose and I had a deep cut on my lip, which was now swollen.

" Fuck, I don't think makeup will cover this."

" Just make something up, say you got into a fight." Maddox said.

" I will." I replied.

Maddox pulled me into a tight hug and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

" Are you sure you're okay?" he asked with concern written all over his face.

" I'm okay, I promise." I replied before giving him one final tight squeeze and pulling away.

" I need to go check on Theo." I said, making my way out of the room.

I walked back into Theo's room and saw Theo with his head in his hands, tears falling off of his face, Silas and Max were crouched in front of him trying to calm him down. Theo looked up and saw me, " I'm so fucking sorry Melina." he choked out looking at my bruised and slightly bloodied face.

I quickly rushed over to him and pulled him into a tight hug, " It's not your fault Theo, okay?" I said in a firm yet comforting tone.

" I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you."

" I know you didn't, and I don't blame you for what happened, I know you didn't have control of your actions." I said in a reassuring voice.

Theo kept his tight hold on me as he laid us down on the bed, we were laying on our sides and I was clinging to him like a koala bear. The boys had slowly filtered out of the room, leaving Theo and I alone again.

Theo cried himself to sleep with his head buried in the crook of my neck. I stayed awake in case he had another nightmare, I couldn't help but think of how I was going to explain my face to my brothers tomorrow.

( This is how I pictured them, but Theo had both of his arms wrapped tightly around Melina.)

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I literally wrote this at four in the morning so there are probably a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes, especially spelling and grammar.

I'll see you in the next chapter!

Word count- 3648

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 68.6K 38
"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know how I have felt through the years without...
77.7K 2.5K 33
Anastasia had never had an easy life. Living with an abusive step father and an even worse mother, Anastasia had accepted the fact that her life woul...
293K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

59.3K 1.4K 30
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...