When The Camellia Wilts | The...

By AlecxMaeGallego

Mother Nature has always been extremely generous and loving. But, as every organism that exists, when taken a... More

Disclaimer
When The Veil Lifted
When One's Strength is Tested
When The Only Way Is To Adapt
When The Bond Gets Stronger
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part I
When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part II
When Two Worlds Collide
When One Escapes Death
When One Can Start Over
When Justice is Vengeance Part I
When Justice Is Vengeance Part II
When Justice Is Vengeance Part III
The Captain and The Governor
The Walls Can Talk
The Rescue
The Acceptance
The Tombs
The Meeting
The Mourning
The Return To Woodbury
The Accident
The Illness
The Quartz
The Fall of the Prison
The Sign
Don't Let Loose The Man With Loose Screws
The Type to Have a Pity Party
All The Good Ones Die
You Gotta Die First In Order To Live
Carol's Kick Ass Casserole
Pretty Serious Spaghetti
Just A "Little More"
A Selfless Cigarette Thief
Classic Pot Calling The Kettle Black
Come Back Or Die Trying
Spin Around and Go Back
Not Enough Bandages
Nibble On That, Hot Stuff
Bisquick and Pancakes
Ugging Bumplies
Something To Talk About
Who Are You Really Doing This For
Your Brand-New Beginning

The Wrong People

33 6 0
By AlecxMaeGallego

"When there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." 

- Mahatma Gandhi 

Aliya stared hard at the mountain of walkers in front of them, blocking the other end of the tunnel. This is disturbing. She looked at Glenn who was inspecting each and every walker, probably checking to see if Maggie was one of them. The bodies looked fresh, still wet and moist. They killed off a few of them, enough to safely climb up and continue forwards but what they found was disheartening. 

It was full of walkers, all snarling and staggering towards them hungrily. Glenn looked closer, looking for a body in the ground while Aliya followed his light, checking for herself too. Thankfully, there was no body on the ground which means they made it through. Which also means they can. 

Tara was apprehensive and understandably anxious about going through the herd. Her foot was in no shape to run and their lack of ammos put them at a disadvantage. Blindly running through was not an option, they would be walker feed in no time. Aliya looked at the flashlight in Glenn's hand and motioned for him to hand it over. "They're much more attracted to the light than us right now. We can use that to distract them." she climbed back down and propped the flashlight on a rock, pointing it at the herd. 

They were probably blind and are following the light on instinct. Glenn and Tara followed her after a while, crouched down behind the rubble of rocks and corpses. Glenn was on the lookout while Aliya and Tara waited for his signal. When he moved to climb, Tara and Aliya moved with him. Aliya looked at Tara's limping leg and put a hand on her shoulder. Tara looked back at her with her eyebrows raised in wonder. 

"Slowly." she whispered, pointing at her leg. Tara sighed and nodded, becoming more nervous with each step. Aliya stayed back for a bit, giving the limping girl the space she needed to be comfortable. Their hearts were thrashing against their ribcage in nervousness and fear which only doubled when Tara slipped, her foot getting caught in the rubble. Aliya staggered backwards in shock as a rock almost fell on her. Glenn immediately went to Tara to help while craning his neck for Aliya. 

Glenn wanted to call out for Aliya but decided against it when the walkers behind them flinched. Aliya sighed lowly before climbing up to check on them. Glenn relaxed once he saw that she was okay before looking down at Tara who was whimpering in pain. Aliya grimaced as she took in the image of Tara's foot bent in an awkward angle. "Fuck." she whispered as she wiped her face clean of dust. 

She jumped down lightly, going over the two, helping Glenn lift the rock off of Tara's leg. Aliya grunted as her knuckles rubbed against the cement wall, drawing blood. Tara looked at the walkers once again, annoying Aliya. "Stop looking at them, Tara." she groaned as she strained her biceps to lift again. Aliya could feel the sharp edges of the rock against her palm, making her wince. 

Tara felt helpless, like a burden that's about to get Aliya and Glenn killed. So she pushed them away, "Go!" she pushed further. Aliya's jaw clenched as she pushed away her hand, going back to lifting the boulder while Glenn did the same. Tara shook her head, "Go! Find Maggie!" she looked at Glenn before looking at Aliya, "Find Daryl." she nudged her away. 

Aliya looked away, her tongue against her cheek before rolling her eyes, "Shut the fuck up, Tara. We're not leaving you." she snapped, choosing to ignore her while Glenn talked her out of pushing them away. She heard them before she even saw them, diving for her knife on the ground and turning around to stab the closest walker. Glenn opened fire, not once missing the head. Aliya grunted as her knife got stuck on the walker's head at the same time Glenn's bullets ran out. 

She blinked rapidly before pushing away the walker and looking at Glenn and Tara. This it it. Glenn took a hold of her forearm and pulled her back, shielding her away from the walkers when two beam lights blinded them. 

"Get down!" 

Aliya immediately took a hold of both of them collars and pulled them with her to the ground. She put both of her palms against her ears to minimise the noise. 

When the firings ceased, they lifted their heads slowly and hesitantly. Glenn was the first one to stand up while Aliya followed a second later. A figure started marching towards Glenn and Aliya's heart doubled when she saw who it was. Glenn and Maggie exchanged a much needed hug, their faces burying in the crook of their necks. Aliya staggered backwards when she saw that he really wasn't there. Sasha noticed Aliya's apprehension ran towards her, pulling her into her arms, hugging her tight and caressing her back in comfort. 

Aliya broke down, hugging Sasha tightly as sobs escaped her mouth. Her breathing became erratic as her chest started becoming tight. Sasha pulled away immediately and looked at her worriedly. "You're okay." she consoled, wiping away her tears. Aliya shook her head as she tried to steady her breathing. "Where is he?" she sobbed, her hand on her painful chest. Sasha looked away regretfully. 

Maggie noticed Aliya's situation and ran towards her, hugging her tight. "You're okay." she sighed in relief. Aliya nodded and closed her eyes, following Maggie's breathing. I'm okay. She calmed down not long after and let Maggie go as her and Glenn reeled in each other's presence. Aliya engulfed Sasha in a hug once again, "I'm glad you're okay." she breathed in relief. 

Bob and Aliya exchanged pleasantries as well, hugging each other tight in relief. 

==+==

"Nine Mississippi." 

"Eight Mississippi." 

Daryl emerged from the back of the car and made himself known, "Joe, hold up!" he called out. His eyes were trained on Rick who looked at him in disbelief. The brothers have found each other. Daryl slowly walked towards them, trying to stall Joe and the others from doing what they do best, kill. He looked at Joe to plead their case but it fell on deaf and angry ears. Joe shook his head, disappointed with Daryl. 

"These are good people." 

"Lie!" 

Daryl sighed in disappointed as his arms fell to his side in defeat. He was about to say more when a butt of a gun hit him in the abdomen, making him curl up. Rick jumped for Daryl, "No!" he cried out, almost falling on his face as he tried to reach Daryl. The rage in Rick's heart was slowly filling to the brim, just one minuscule thing will send him over the edge now. 

They could hear Daryl's pained grunts and groans as he was being beaten up by the lot. He was squirming on the ground, trying his hardest to protect himself. Rick's head whipped towards Carl who whimpered as the man holding him kissed his ear. Michonne jumped for Carl but was immediately pushed down by another. Fuckin' pigs! She glared at the man as her nose flared in hatred. 

"It was just me!" Rick cried out, his voice lethally low as his anger doubled by the second. Joe smirked at this, crouching down near his ear, "Now, that's right." he chuckled, amused. He pushed the gun deeper into Rick's ear before putting a casual hand on his shoulder, mockingly patting him in consolation before listing his plans with Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and him. 

Rick's vision turned black when he looked at Carl who was now on the ground, crying helplessly as the man straddled him. A sharp ringing made him flinch as his body moved to its own accord. His head collided with Joe's face but he never felt any pain at all. All he could think of was how he was gonna kill each and every member of this band. 

Next thing Rick knows, his mouth and neck was coated in hot velvet blood, spitting the flesh of Joe's neck to the ground beside him. He stalks the man holding Carl like a predator does to its prey and once he got ahold of the man, Rick's blows continued on, no signs of stopping any time soon. 

Rick has snapped. 

It took a while for them to calm down, cool off. They could all sense that something has changed, Rick has changed. Evolved. Daryl felt guilty. He was with the people who pushed Rick over the edge, laid their hands on Carl, broke the father. But Rick knows Daryl's goodness, he would never do something as sinister as those bastards did. Daryl was a survivor but he was also very human. 

Daryl wet his rag and nudged it towards Rick who rejected it at first. He knew that Rick wouldn't want Carl to see his father like this, so broken and bent. He sighed lowly as he sat down beside Rick, leaning his back against the car. 

"How'd you wind up with them?" It was a necessary ask, Daryl especially hated those type of people. Rick thought back to when Daryl snapped when Randall spoke about his disgusting group. "I was with Beth." he answered, watching Rick wipe the dried blood off of his face.

They basked in silence for a while, their minds all boggled up. Daryl mustered up the courage to speak again, "Aliya?" he asked, almost looking away in nervousness for his answer. Rick blinked rapidly as he stared at Daryl's eyes. He could see his longing, how much he really missed her, making him even more dispirited. Rick's eyes fell to the ground as he shook his head slowly, gouging Daryl's reaction. 

He heard Daryl take a sharp intake of breath before sniffling loudly, clearing his throat. He mumbled an 'okay' before nodding his head, trying to keep it together. Rick could see the anger and fear dancing around Daryl's eyes as his jaw clenched and his eyes hardened. "We'll find her." Rick consoled, needing the consolation himself. 

"I knew they were bad, but they had a code. It was simple, stupid, but it was something. That was enough." 

Regret was oozing from Daryl's voice, making Rick look up at him, stare him in his eyes, "And you were alone." he dispels Daryl's worry. He had nobody, Beth was gone, nobody was by his side. Anybody would crave company, even if that company was toxic. 

Daryl kept shaking his head regretfully, feeling guilty about being on the other side of the line. Seeing Rick, Carl, and Michonne look at him in shock stabbed his heart again and again. Words sputtered from Daryl's mouth like a fearful child trying to explain to his parents why he did what he did. With every word, Daryl's heart beat louder, and tighter. 

"Hey, it's not on you." Rick caught Daryl's eyes as he shook his head at him. "You being back here with us again, that's everything." he held onto his stare into Daryl's eye. 

Rick stared at Daryl's solemn face before speaking up again, "You're my brother." 

==+==

The door was pulled open, light suddenly pouring in. Aliya scooted over, trying to get a better angle at whoever was coming. But the familiar stance catch them off guard, her eyes widening. Nobody said anything as shock paralysed them. Glenn was the first to move, Maggie followed soon after. Aliya's eyes trained on Daryl who was craning his neck, looking into the darkness. 

She pushed herself up weakly, getting help from Abraham who held her forearm. He's here. She staggered forward, her arms opening wide, reaching out for him. Daryl's eyes widened as his breathing ragged, pushing through the others as he marched towards Aliya. Their eyes soften and moistened at the sight of each other. 

A tear escapes her eye as she blinks, her lips quivering. Daryl's forehead creased as his lips turn to a restraining frown. He huffs a breath as he runs towards her, engulfing her in a tight hug. Aliya relaxed into his arms, her face burying itself on his neck, taking him in. Daryl bent down slightly, needing to burry his face into the crook of her neck, inhale her familiar scent. 

"I found you." he breathed, hugging her into him further. Aliya remained eyes closed as she took him in, humming to herself. The others gave them their space and time, letting them bask in each other's presence as they too, hug each other. Aliya reluctantly pulled away as she turned to the others, smiling at Rick. "Hi." she greeted gleefully as she opened her arms for him only to realise Daryl hasn't let go. 

Rick smiled at her as he worked around it, side-hugging her so that their hands still touch. Michonne did the same, squeezing her a bit, "Glad to see you again." she mumbled. Hope it was in a better circumstance. Carl hugged her too, allowing her to finally mess up his hair. 

Daryl tugged at her hand softly, as if telling her to stay beside him. She does so with no hesitation, letting her biceps push against his. Her eyes crawled down to their entwined hands as she watched Daryl cradle it in both of his hands. Clingy. She smiled a bit before focusing back on Rick who has stopped pacing and was now looking through a hole in the train car. 

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." Rick's voice rumbled something deep inside of them. Everybody in the train car could feel the vibration of danger and rage in his voice. Aliya shivered slightly, noticing the extremely rigid and stoic stance of his back. She's just glad she's not at the end of Rick's anger, she wouldn't survive him at all. 

Abraham's brows furrowed in Rick's words. "Find out what?" he queried, cautiously watching Rick. Tara looked at Rick's eyes and immediately looked away, almost hissing as she felt his eyes' heat. He's scary. Rick's eyes darkened as his face hardened, a feral snarl in his face as he answered Abraham. 

"They're fucking with the wrong people." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

901 34 19
~ "the world was on fire and no one could save me but you" Vivian harper was simply trying to find her way in the end of the world and protect her li...
125K 3.6K 79
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...
18.6K 461 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...
6.4K 215 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...