The Trials of Being Loved

By BozBozo

πŸ˜” I really feel that I have to put a R Rating on this one, not just Mature. I went way overboard on the inti... More

Author's Note
Part 1 - A Polar Bear Kisses and Cries
Part 2 - An Orca is Always There
Part 3 - The Polar Bear Learns
Part 4 - The Orca Chases the Polar Bear
Part 5 - An Overthinking Polar Bear?
Part 6 - The Orca Dominates
Part 7 - It's Not a Game, Polar Bear
Part 8 - Orcas are Apex Predators
Part 9 - My Polar Bear, It's Not Defeat
Part 10 - An Orca Shelters
Part 11 - Why, Polar Bear?
Part 13 - Polar Bear, Admit it Now!
Part 14 - Orca, Just Love Me
Part 15 - My Sad Polar Bear
Part 16 - Orca Learn Hard Truths
Part 17 - Move IT, Polar Bear!
Part 18 - What Now, Orca?
Part 19 - Freedom, Polar Bear?
Part 20 - Who Needs Healing, Orca?
Part 21 - We're all Damaged Goods, Polar Bear
Part 22 - Go Away, Orca!
Part 23 - Oh, It's My Fault, Polar Bear
Part 24 - Space, Orca, I need it!
Part 25 - Don't Leave, Polar Bear
Part 26 - Who hurt who, Orca?
Part 27 - Is This Best, Polar Bear?
Part 28 - Orca, Speaking!
Part 29 - Runaway Polar Bear!
Part 30 - Arrogant Orca
Part 31 - Determined Polar Bear
Part 32 - Orca Education
Part 33 - Polar Bear Protection
Part 34 - Survive! Orca, Survive...
Part 35 - GRRR Polar Bear, that's BS!
Part 36 - Rescue is on the way, Orca!
Part 37 - Broken, Polar Bear, not dead.
Part 38 - Orca vs Police
Part 39 - Drowning Polar Bear
Part 40 - Save an Orca, Learn to Swim Again
Part 41 - It's Game Time, Polar Bear!
Part 42 - Dreaming Orca
Part 43 - Crazy Polar Bear
Part 44 - Awaken, Orca, Someone Needs You
Part 45 - WTF, Polar Bear!
Part 46 - Orca?
Part 47- What are you doing, Polar Bear?
Part 48 - The Orca's Family Pod Circles
Part 49 - Deteriorating Polar Bear

Part 12 -No, Orca!

156 10 7
By BozBozo

New slowly sat up and watched, stunned as Tay walked out of the bedroom. He left. He actually left. He slid to the edge of the bed and fought back tears. Wasn't HE the one who always went on and on about talking things out? 

His eyes landed on the closet and he got up and wandered over, pulling out a pair of Tay's pajama pants. It didn't feel right or safe to be back in his bed. But where can he go? There was no way, after being humiliated like this, that he could face him? 

A light breeze fluttered the long curtains covering the balcony. New finally smiled. Perfect. Slowly, carefully, he slid the doors open and used to the paparazzi's that followed him everywhere, slunk lowly outside. He had no clue if they now knew he was here, but he didn't WANT them to know this way. 

Carefully, he took the cushion off of the lounger that Tay had out there and put it on the cool cement and curled up on it, leaning against the wall. The light breeze blew dried the few tears, and blew away the sweat that remained on his body. 

Comforted by the silence, New drifted of to sleep fast. 

Tay, on the other hand, was stewing like meat in a boiling pot. At first, he didn't know why he was so upset but the look in New's eyes haunted him. As he calmed down in the first 5 minutes, he realized that his words were right: He HAD done the same to New. 

Everything they did to each other behind closed doors unless one of them actually said "stop" or "no" was consensual. So why did he get so upset? 

It made him feel very, very childish to admit that it was because he wasn't the one doing it. He didn't want to BE a bottom. He didn't like his rational mind telling him "How does that make you a bottom?"

The longer he waited, and no New came chasing after him, anger began to build. Then it changed to worry. Had he screwed everything up tonight with his selfishness? 

Still, Tay was stubborn. He might, MIGHT, have to apologize but he wasn't going to make the first move. Oh no, there was no way he was! He drank water, turned the TV on loud, twiddled his fingers and still, New didn't leave the bedroom. 

His temper hit the boil and started to spatter all over. "Fuck you, New!" He turned off the TV and threw the remote against the wall. Hearing it shatter was a balm over his raw nerves. Standing, he stalked into the bedroom to confront New.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS NEW???

Tay looked for him, he pulled the duvet off the bed, he looked under and around, he checked his closet. He ran out to the bathroom and he wasn't in there either. He knew he didn't leave. He was sitting facing the door the entire time.

So where was Newwie? Scared and worried, Tay walked back into the bedroom and sat on the bed, watching the balcony curtains flutter with the wind. I should shut them, he thought, the wind's picked up. 

THE BALCONY! New has to be out there. Tay ran to the door and slid it open to look at his chaise lounger, but didn't see him. His heart plummeted to his feet. He walked outside and sat on the lounger and looked down to see feet.

Feet? Why am I looking at feet? His gaze followed the feet and there was New, sleeping on the cushion. 

Relief washed over him in waves. It was followed by the most intense feeling, causing him to shake all over. He closed his eyes, allowing it to flood his body. "New, I don't think I can say I think anymore." Tay whispered. "I know I'm in love with you."

"What am I going to do?" He watched New sleep in the cool air for a while, then stood and shook him gently awake. "Newwie, come to bed. You can't spend the night out here."

Emotionally exhausted, just too tired to deal with Tay, New did as he was told. He stood and let him escort him back to the bed. Like a stone, he dropped in it and fell asleep. 

It was the first time New slept dressed. When he tried to cuddle with him, he rolled out of Tay's embrace, almost to the edge of the big bed. Tay's heart twitched from sadness. I caused this. I need to fix it.

They had both developed sleeping habits over the past several nights. By the early morning light, New was holding Tay in a light embrace and he had his arm gently draped over his tummy. 

As usual, New woke first. He never was really sure if Tay was awake or not but this... this was more embarrassing than the very, very first time he woke up in his bed. He needed to escape badly.

Mentally kicking himself for ending up in his arms, New rolled his eyes and went for it. He quickly moved out from underneath Tay's arm and ran for the bathroom. 

Tay opened his eyes and rolled on to his back. He hadn't slept well at all, choosing to watch New sleep. His mind wouldn't settle, going round and round, trying to come on a solution. 

He got out of bed slowly, dressed and entered his small kitchen to hear the shower running. At least he hadn't left the apartment. There was a chance for redemption, as long as he stayed. Lost in thought, the door slamming startled him.

"Fuck!" Tay swore. Cooking utensils clattered to the counter. He couldn't concentrate on making breakfast until they talked. He needed to say his piece, or was it peace, to Newwie. He felt like everything was moving in slow motion today as he sat down on one of the stools to wait for him to emerge from the room.

New couldn't believe how much he was shaking by the time he made it to the safety of the bedroom. The way Tay looked at him was down right scary! He'd never seen that expression on his face before, and that in itself was scary. 

Quickly toweling himself dry, he wondered what to wear. Up to now, he'd felt at ease wearing his clothing, but that did nothing for his confidence. He looked at his neat pile of washed clothing he hadn't touched at all. Slowly he stood, with water still dripping from his hair and he picked up the folded clothes. 

He walked to the bed, quickly toweled dried his hair and slipped on his own clothes. Feeling like he had on a suit of armor, he opened the door. Tay met his eyes and looked him over. New wondered what that expression meant but there was no way in hell he'd ever ask, Tay was only into one way communication.

Softly, gently, Tay asked, "Do you want me to take you home?"

"I have to make arrangements for a place to stay. My mother doesn't expect me home for another three nights." Blunt, expressionless, it was just words.

"Do you want to leave?"

"You need me gone. I've overstayed my welcome." New's voice never wavered.

"Did I say that?" Tay could feel the frustration building again. New was doing it again, withdrawing from him. 

"Yes, you did. Last night."

"I don't remember." Tay stood and walked closer to him. New stood his ground. "I would remember, Newwie."

"You left me, Tay. You choose to leave instead of talking. Its the same thing." New closed his eyes briefly against the resurgence of pain. 

"I'm new to this. Can't you accept that it was a mistake and talk to me?" Tay tried to take his hand but New pulled it free. 

"No. If it was reversed, and it has been, did you?" New's pain was beginning to slip through the cracks. "You forced me to talk. You told me to open up, to stop running. What did you do the very first opportunity?"

New blinked a few times, not letting his tears fall. "You're a horrible man, Tay Tawan! Telling me to do something and not taking your own advice!"

"I'm fucking scared, New!" Tay's voice cracked. "I love you, damn it, but I have no idea how you feel. Then you go and do that..." He twisted his hands together to stop the trembling from showing, from reaching for New. "I didn't know it could be a two way street, the pleasure, I mean, until I thought about it."

"Until that moment, until you said you wanted it, all I could think about was how much I wanted to possess you, to see everything you had. It never occurred to me that you'd want the same things. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, New."

"I'm not your fucking possession. I'm not a fucking, living breathing toy. I'm not something you can pick up and play with when you choose!" New's voice was getting louder and louder. "I'm not someone you can sooth with an I love you, in the hopes that I will stay!"

Again, he was being called possessive! He wasn't! Everything he felt burned at New's attack, and it was more than his voice that cracked, it was his hold on his emotions. They flowed out like a bubbling, babbling brook. "You think I've had it easy, watching over  you? Finding out if it was safe, or okay to make a move? What if, what if... what if I kiss you and get punched? What if I do something, anything and chase you away? You always run and hide, New, when things get hard."

Tay took two steps to the sofa, not looking at him anymore. "I meant it, when I said I was scared. I couldn't give a fuck about the fans, or media or any of that. I'm scared of YOU. You can leave me in a heartbeat. You leave people behind once they're no use to you. You keep how you feel inside, behind walls." He buried his head in his hands and rubbed. "At least I know I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 671 16
"I couldn't get enough of him. I was tired and sore but I didn't care. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted the ache. I wanted him in me, all the time. ...
7.8K 642 22
In the realm of love, there exists a spectrum that traverses both extremes of passion- from the intoxicating allure of affection to the fiery depths...
917 74 3
Have you ever thought if one day you got caught by the person from whom you were dying to meet? But then will you regret? Will you seriously have to...
41.2K 4.1K 24
New Thitipoom as a final act of desperation seeks employment in the home of a mysterious man who lives in isolation in a house no one dares to approa...