No Feelings Attached [N. Roma...

By -nxtslady

" No feelings. No pain. " A feelingless girl joins the group of superheroes thinking that her mission would b... More

πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡π‘€π‘œ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›
πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛
𝐹𝑅𝑂𝑀 𝑇𝐻𝐸 π΄π‘ˆπ‘‡π»π‘‚π‘…

πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ 𝑂𝑛𝑒

5.6K 124 72
By -nxtslady

AT THE AVENGERS COMPOUND
MEETING ROOM - NO ONE'S POV

"Headsup people! We have a new member today or should I call it an intern, I'm not bluffing Romanoff." He glared at the assassin who looked at him in confussion.

"I didn't even say anything." She defended.

"I know, but there's the look on your face." He responded while pointing at her.

"Do we know any information about this intern?" Cap asked, his full attention to the man with a weird beard.

"Yes, we have a few-"

Bruce didn't have a chance to finish what he was saying as the assassin interrupted. "A few? You're taking in an intern and you only have a few to no informations?" She stated in a much rather calmer tone than expected.

"See that's what I'm saying." Tony mused and everyone glared at him, making him clear his throat for Bruce to continue.

"This intern, people call her as the girl that has no feelings, she ha-"

And again, he was interrupted, but this time it was Barton. "I'm sorry did I heard that right?" He asked, while he playfully rub his ears using his finger.

"Yes, legolas, you heard that loud and clear." Tony buts in as Clint looked at him in disbelief.

Everyone stayed silent for a while before Wanda decided to cut in the conversation. "Does the intern have powers?" She questioned as her face lit up in excitment, as everyone turns to look at the witch. "What? I'm just asking." She defended.

"We still don't know that, yet, but we'll see." Bruce smiled politely at the witch and everyone nodded.

"Enough with this, we have more important things to do." Tony added and almost everyone groaned.

"Yeah? Like paper works." Buchanan scoffed as he made his way out of the conference room.

...

A few more hours had passed and it's now three in the afternoon. The AI announced your arrival to the whole compound that surely every agent had heard about you to this point.

"FRIDAY, let them in please." Tony requested. "And tell the Avengers to come in the conference room."

"Right away Mr. Stark." The AI obeyed.

Your POV

The door of the compound suddenly opens in front of me and out of my conciousness I made my way in. I looked around me but no one seems to be in there until I heard a voice and I turned around and saw a woman who was surprisingly a little bit taller than me, plump lips, green eyes, pale skin, it's as if I was facing God.

"I'm assuming with the look of your face you like what you see." The woman smirked at me.

"Uh, no?... I like your face." I replied and she only raised an eyebrow as a small smile draws on her lips.

"Everyobe does." She replied and I only nodded. "I-I like your face too."

"Oh, no need to compliment me back." I replied monotone as if I was a human robot. But then again, I am one, seeing as I can't feel anything, and I bet my face looks like a smashed tomato that was colorless.

"I'll just pretend you didn't say that." She cleared her throat. "So, you must be the intern, right?" She guessed.

"Yes, I am. And I'm Y/N Carter." I replied.

"Natasha Romanoff. You can call me Nat, and nice to meet you." She held out her hand in front of me, smiling innocently as I didn't know what she was doing. "We're supposed to shake hands." She added and I watched as she picks up my hand and shake it herself.

"Of course. Shake." I replied awkwardly. "And likewise."

She furrowed her eye brows. "Right, follow me." She gestured.

I followed the woman who's name is Natasha, such a boring name, anyways, on our way there, I noticed a lot of agents looking at our direction and I didn't mind them any attention since it felt nothing, even if their eyes were prying. But then I accedentally read their thoughts.

"Who is she?"
"She looks so arrogant and out of place."
"I wonder what she's like in bed."
"She looks fiesty."

I was so busy with their thoughts that I didn't even notice that I was in a different room with now faces of the 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes'.

"The intern is here. Hi kid. I'm guessing you've met the tripple imposter, so it's time for ours." He smiled politely at me as he leans back on his chair.

"There's no need, really, everyone knows you guys, even a fetus knows your existance." I replied and some of them shuffled uncomfortably in their seats.

"All right, and how did you know that exactly?" Tony eyes me skeptically.

"I don't have to, like I said, even a fetujs knows your existance." My voice still monotone, and I saw how they all went from relaxed to uneasiness.

The room fell silent as everyone just stared at me, except one. I turned to look at the woman earlier and without even doing so, I accedentally read her mind.

"She's weird, but pretty, guess that's an advantage?"

"Why, thank you, Nat." I stated, breaking the ice all at once and as usual they all looked confused.
"I didn't mean to, but uhm, I have powers. I can read minds, change reality and move things with my head." I added and now everyone seems like a weight had lifted off their shoulders.

"That's a lot of powers, but can I ask you a question?" Clint asked.

"Ask away Hawkere."

He chuckled ever so lightly. "How did you end up making people call you 'The girl that has no feelings' that was long, but why?" The arrow man asked.

"It's obviously in the name - I have no feelings, I can't feel physical pain and emotional pain. I know it sounds weird but trust me when I say that I don't even know it's a gift or a curse." I replied sternly.

"How's that supposed to work?" A man with thick Sokovian accent asked this time. Pietro.

"Yeah I figured... So, can any of you please shot me or throw me into the wall." I suggested and they all shared a look. "Just harm me."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Steve and Nat stated in unison.

"But she said please." Sam points out, wiggling his eye brows and something tells me that he's going to enjoy this.

No one said anything in protest as I stood in front of Sam. He then shoots me all the way back in to the wall, and as always I can't feel anything, nothing, no pain.

And as I was about to stand up, I saw everyone surrounding me and asking if I was okay so I responded.

"I'm okay, see that's what I'm talking about."

"But your bleeding." Wanda stated, looking directly at your forehead.

"Oh, right I forgot, I cant feel pain but I can still be injured, but I don't feel anything." I explained and most of them hummed in response.

"That's amazing but I need to see that wound." Bruce stated as he walks near me.

"Oh." I looked at Tony as if seeking for approval which he nodded.

"I agree with him, kid." Tony replied.

Bruce helps me up from the floor carefully and I insisted on walking without his help which he obeyed.

"Wait, your last name is Carter." Steve stops me, making me look back at the soldier who was now looking at me file.

"Yes, Peggy Carter was... my mom." I answered as my eyes danced around his face, looking for some sort of a clue.

"You're - what?" He asked, almost as if he doesn't believe me.

"Ask that later, Steve, she has somewhere else to be." Sam stated.

I looked at him then back to Steve. "No it's okay. What do you wanna know?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'll ask you later." He dismissed, so Bruce and I proceeded to the medbay.

AFTER YOU LEFT - STILL IN THE MEETING ROOM - NO ONE'S POV

"I don't understand, if Peggy is her mother then who is her father, and how?" Cap asked more to himself than to the rest of his team.

Crossing her arms in front of her, Nat stated, "That is something that we need to find out."

"I hate agreeing to the both of you, but you're right... FRIDAY can you find any information about Y/N Carter." Tony interjects as the AI obeyed.

A few more ninutes later, the AI spoke.
"There's nothing boss. No information. I already checked her background, it seems like she doesn't exist."

"How is that even possible?" Tony asked frustratedly. He turned to look at the witch. "Wanda?"

"I got nothing. I can't even get through her mind." She replied.

"She seems nice." Natasha shrugged, making the team look at her.

"Really Romanoff?" Steve asked in amusement, eyeing the redheaded and she only smirked.

"But isn't it odd that she just appears in our radar without even knowing about her existance?" Clint spoke outloud, leaving everyone with a huge headache.

IN THE MEDBAY - Your POV

Wanda enters the room while Bruce finished patching up my wound.

"Hey, Wands." I greeted after turning my attention to the witch.

"Hi, I'm here to show you your room, if you're done." She smiled softly.

"Nice I'm done here so we can go." I replied, hopping off the metal table.

"Thanks Bruce."

"No problem Y/N." he replied, smiling then looking at Wanda as they both nod at each other in acknowledgement.

"Okay, then. Let's go." She gestured for me to follow her and so I did.

...

As me and wanda entered my room, I didn't imagine it to be this huge; queen size bed, two-tall-windows, fluffy-white-carpets, lamps, desk, and so on...

"This is your room... can I ask you something?" She started and I nodded.

"Yup." Looking around my room as I wait for her to ask what her question was.

"I was wondering why do you look like that, don't get me wrong but why is your face doesn't change, like it's so blank and you also don't change your reactions, like your face is always mutual." She rushed out her words, making me look back at her.

I sat down in the corner of my bed, before replying. "It's always like that, my face shows no sign of emotion, its' normal for me but not for you guys. Remember what I said back there, that I don't feel anything, well I know how to laugh and cry but I barely do that and to be honest the last time I cried was-"

I cut off myself, as I knew that this topic was sensetive and I never liked talking about it.

I cleared my throat. "Uh, yeah, it is what it is."
I replied and Wanda only smiled awkwardly.

"Okay, it is what it is." She repeats my words and I just nodded. "I'll leave you to it then. Dinner will be ready in an hour." She added before standing up to leave.

"Okay I'll be there and thankyou for showing me my room." I responded.

By the time she was out of my room, I looked through my things, looking for my cell phone.

'You called.' The man on the other side of the phone mused.

'Yes, I did.' I replied.

'I'm guessing it went well?' He asked.

'It did.'

The phone call lasted for about half an hour, before I had to hung up so that I can get ready for dinner.

As I was walking down the stairs, I could hear their laughters coming from the kitchen, but by the time that I arrived and joined them, their eyes was trained on me as if they have seen a ghost.

"Is something on my face?" I asked them, reasing each of their expressions.

"Don't mind them, come sit." Natasha rolled her eyes, glaring at each and everyone of them as if they were having the eye-contact-talk.

But I knew that from that moment it wasn't just a stare, it felt like they were looking at me full of questions, doubts, and suspicions.

AFTER DINNER - AT THE COMPOUNDS' BAR

Some of the Avengers went to bed, not because they were tired but rather they have a mission tomorrow. So, it was only me, Nat, Tony, Steve, Clint, Thor, and Bruce.

I was about to stand and go to bed but Tony spoke and said.

"Hey kid, let me ask you something straight to the point." I nodded for him to continue. "There seems to be a problem with your resume. We searched you up and saw no records... of you." He raised his eye brows at me, waiting for an answer.

"I know that from this point you guys are doubting me, but I get it, it's your job." I took in a deep breath. "I didn't have any backgrounds because of my mother... she didn't want me to be exposed, she didn't want anyone to know about me and I don't know why. I really don't have any decent explanation for this one." I explained as they all listened intently.

Steve scoffed. "So that's it? You're just gonna tell us that?"

"I know it's hard for you to trust me but I'll try and prove it to you."

"Who's your father, Earthling?" The god of thunder asked.

I shrugged. "Don't know. Don't care. Never met him." I stated plainly, making them feel a little taken aback to how blunt I replied.

"That's enough boys, I'm going to take her to bed." Natasha buts in, standing up from the couch as she grabs my forearm.

"Hey kid, one more thing, your training starts tomorrow." He smiled innocently but I narrowed my eyes at him.

Natasha still has her grip on my forearm as she pulls me out of the room all the way to my own bedroom.

"Don't worry too much about them, they're bad at new recruits." She reassured as we both stop in front of my door.

"And you're not?" I shot back and I saw the confusion in her face grew evident as if she sidn't expect me to say that.

"Good night, Y/N." The corners of her lips switched upwards to form a smile, as if dismissing the conversation shortly and I could sense how she tensed up to my previous statement, but she covered it up.

Too obvious.

-ˋˏ ⧗ ˎˊ-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387 2 26
An eleven year old girl gets taken by Hydra and years later, after much pain, she escapes in an unconventional way. She falls into the hands of the A...
32.9K 463 30
Y/N joined the Avengers because of her empath abilities and never really had a family until now. Sadly she gets captured by Hydra and they try some n...
16K 378 24
TW: Mature Audiences Only (18+) Y/n has had major anger issues since she can remember. So bad, that Hydra kidnapped her when she was young and used i...
19.9K 653 82
βˆΌβ‹„βˆΌβ‹„βˆΌ ○❖○ βˆ½β‹„βˆ½β‹„βˆ½ "𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•π• π•Ÿπ•–π•§π•–π•£ 𝕓𝕖 π•’π•—π•£π•’π•šπ•• 𝕠𝕗 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕀𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕀. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 π•žπ•’π•ͺ π•Ÿπ• π•₯ π•œπ•Ÿπ• π•¨ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣π•₯𝕙 - 𝕓𝕦π•₯ οΏ½...