𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑒𝑛

Another five months later and Natasha was no longer contacting us. She just disappeared.

The Avengers — us, tried to locate her but we couldn't. We also sent Steve and Sam to look for her in Budapest but it seems like she was never there to begin with. Because of her disapperance, the Avengers became more and more helpless everyday, some decided to go live with their own and even Tony has gone back to Pepper and Morgan. Steve went back to Brooklyn, Peter entered college. However, Clint visits us twice every week just to make sure that everything is still running smoothly at the Compound.

It was only me, Wanda, Pietro, and Vision, who stayed there, even though it's more empty and depressing, we still managed to run the Avengers.

Fury gives us a mission at least once every month to keep our profile high. The news was under our nose, looking something to sniff, to gossip things to the people that The Avengers are no longer that group that it usually was.

But thruth is, we all decided to take a break, we didn't need it but at some point we do. It was hard at first but as days goes by you just get the hang of it.

"That is not how you play a chess." Vision glared at Pietro.

The routine was always like this; wake up, train, breakfast, movie, work, train, lunch, movie, bar, sleep, Then repeat.

It wasn't ideal but at least we're still alive.

"You didn't see that coming." Pietro grinned at Vision when he finally won from the game.

Wanda and I shared a look, stiffling back her laugh while I arched an eyebrow at their silliness.

"Vis owns us pizza." Wanda sits next to the AI, eyeing him lovingly. Did I mention that they were dating?

"If I'm being correct, I won three times and he only won one time." He stated, his voice sounding monotone.

"Yes." I agreed, closing the magazine that I was reading. "But the deal was, when Pietro doesn't win, he will owe us a pizza, but unfortunately he won, so you owe us pizza." I explained and the three of them was looking at me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Wanda asked, concerned.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"Really? No 'Natasha is never coming back' line today?" Pietro questioned while raising an eyebrow.

It's embarassing but it's the truth. I overreact sometimes and I end up saying things that I would never have, or the worst case scenario, is that I get drunk and I talk shit loads of things and it doesn't matter whether I was home or inside a public club. I wouldn't admit it, but I miss her, I don't even know why but I do, it's crazy and stupid at the same time and sometimes I get angry and blame it everything to her, when in reality, the problem was just me all along.

But after some times, I let go, I let myself believe that we never happened and that she's never coming back, that's the painful truth.

"I'm done with those drama." I made an eye roll but they all still look at me without believing a single word that was coming out of my mouth. "Quit looking at me like that and order that damn pizza, I'm starving." I groaned, changing the subject, and the trio obliged.

...

The next few days, Fury was able to call each and every one of the Avengers, stating that we have some important matters to solve and that he needed the whole team back.

And so, here we are, sitting patiently in the meeting room while Fury explained in front of us, it was nice — the reunion, to see each and every one of us still breathing and unfortunately healthy.

"You all act like kids!" He exclaimed, glaring at us. "And this has to stop, just because Agent Romanoff is gone..." He cut himself off, seeing the look of faces that they had, except me, I was just listening, emotionless. "Do you think this is what she wants for you? For us, for the team? Hmm?" He added, his voice raising a bit. "Pull your shits together, you're the Avengers. People look up to you..."

Here we go again, the whole 'Avengers speech'.

Fury continued lecturing us about staying together and how imporatnt it was.

An hour later, he left, leaving us all in an awkward silence and no one had the balls to break the ice.

Tony looks up from the ground, eyes darting at me and I arched an eye brow as if asking what it was and he just smiled.

"We were good, right? We did everything we could." Tony stated, still looking at me.

"We did," I agreed.

"If we did, then why are we broken apart? How did that even happen in the first place." He mumbled the last part, asking it more to himself than us.

"No one is really the blame here," Steve adds. "It's really hard to live in a world that we've lost our widow."

Thor scoffed, standing to his feet. "Why are you acting like she's dead? She's not — she can't be." He stated, his eyes pooling with tears.

"We're not acting Thor, we're preparing." Steve retorted.

I shook my head in disbelief. "You all are overreacting, she's just been gone for almost a year and you guys act like she's been lost for a decade or something. Cut that nonsense and grow up."

Tony looked at me. "Says the one who can't move on." He teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I did." I stated firmly before leaving the conference room.

"You haven't, if you did, you wouldn't act this way." He continued, making me stop from my tracks.

"Like what?" I asked, keeping my back on everyone.

"Get pissed off whenever her name is brought up." He points out and I sighed.

"And you know why I do that —"

"Because you miss her." Rhodey cuts me off sugestively.

"— Because she's the reason why the Avengers are falling apart, it's as if the soul has been taken away along with her." I continued.

"That's because she is the soul, she keeps us alive, she's the glue that keeps the Avengers — us, together." Steve added, his voice sounding surrowful.

I scoffed. "Then make a goddamn rope to keep us together." I snapped before continuing my walk.

"Ropes are suicidal!"

-ˋˏ ⧗ ˎˊ-