DEFENCE SYSTEM | NEWT; THE MA...

By s1utformen

this is my first ever book so it's rough, but enjoy<3 More

chapter one | only girl
chapter two | tour and bonfire
chapter three | questions
chapter five | griever
chapter six | aftermath
chapter seven | runner
chapter eight | argument
chapter nine | feelings
chapter ten | truth or dare
chapter eleven | fight and note
chapter twelve | backfired and forgiveness
chapter thirteen | interrupted again
chapter fourteen | gally
chapter fifteen | i'm sorry
chapter sixteen | killed
chapter seventeen | agreement
chapter eighteen | greenie and catastrophic
chapter nineteen | official
⚠️read⚠️

chapter four | ava paige

115 3 0
By s1utformen

"doctor, she is by the river with subject A5."

"yes, i can see that janson." i replied to the man who sometimes i think is delusional. it looks like they are walking away and going to the main middle of the glade. now she's by herself but she is walking towards the entrance.

"we are going to cause a commotion janson," i said to him but still looking at the screens.

"are you sure that is a good idea doctor, i mean what if-" janson started to talk but i cut him off .

"yes janson, its a good idea, but first lets confuse subject A0," i said with a slight smirk creeping onto the side of my lips. i pressed the red button and pressed 'go further' and also 'don't stop' i went back to the group A screens and i saw her going further and further but it lead to a massive outbreak from subject A0, which is exactly what i wanted. but one thing that i didn't want to happen was the face of subject A5.

looks like he will have to be punished.

YOUR POV

i have calmed down. i think i have at least. that look on newt's face made me feel pissed and devilish at the same time. i am now by myself on my hammock facing the roof of the hut, thinking of my next step.

'okay, so now i want to-' i thought but then i realised that i cant do anything in this danger pit. i can only really annoy newt, but that's probably enough for now. for a day at most. i need to do something, i just don't know what. it was now time for bed and i tried to fall asleep, but i can't.

its either i have too much on my mind, or the sound of minho's snoring overpowering all of my thoughts, so i got up. obviously i went towards the river and threw rocks again. its much more calming here, there are no boys, no danger, just me myself and i. and the river. this was much more of a home that the glade is. this is why i prefer to be by myself. i can relax and not think too much. it's so nice. until a certain british boy comes and ruins all of my me-time.

"what you doing out here greenie? alone again?" newt said and sat beside me

"haha, you're very funny blondie," i said with a slight smirk now on my face.

"blondie ay?" he said moving closer to me.

"yes blondie, because of your blonde hair idiot," i explained like a teacher.

"oh you'll regret that," and with that, he shoved me into the river. i screamed and came back to the top

"OI!" i shouted rubbing the water from my face and eyes.

"not so funny is it-" he said but i quickly decided to grab onto his arm and pull him down with me.

"who's laughing now blondie?" i said while laughing my head off. he started to chase me around the river pretending to be a predator.

'he is so weird' i thought to myself while laughing my head off.

'wow this is the first time i've laughed in this shucked-up place'.

i never really thought i could have a fun time in this hell, but newt showed me different. by this time, we both had our fun and was now sitting on the rock we began sitting on with newt throwing rocks in the river and me scrunching up my h/c (hair color) hair to try and dry it up a bit.

"that was fun," newt said, continuing to throw stones and all sorts into the water in front of us.

"yeah" i agreed now finishing with my hair and looking at him. then he looked at me. we were both looking at each other. it felt kinda magical to be with newt. he was the one to show me how to have a good time and i appreciate him for that. it was quiet and soothing listening to the water cascade, the wind howling and the trees rustling, but all i could focus on was newt. right when i though something could happen a loud, male voice came towards us and who was it? obviously it was minho.

"HEYYY BESTIEEE-" minho started to say but then looked at me and newt getting closer and closer to each other.
"oh-" minho said with his hand covering he mouth. me and newt looked at him, newt with embarrassment and me with pure rage.
"well, get it i guess!" minho said, now hyping me up in a 'minho' type of way. i immediately stood up and shoved pass the boys to run towards the beginning of the forest. i was so embarrassed, i didn't even wanna think about it anymore.

'jesus minho way to ruin a moment' i thought.

'wait no, why did i think it was a moment, it's just newt, there is nothing going on between me and newt' i tried my best to convince myself that, but other feelings consumed that thought.

'why was minho there? was he following me?' i thought. that was one of many things i was thinking of currently.  i just brushed it off and decided to go back to bed.

AVA PAIGE'S POV

i can see subject A0 by herself at the river, which seemed to be a very common place for her, at night doing what she normally does, throwing rocks into the river. but then subject A5 came towards her and sat beside her. i knew something was going to happen. 'maybe i should punish subject A5, he has been nothing but making subject A0 feel happy and safe, that just cant do.

but maybe i should keep it going for a little while and really crush subject A0's feelings. YES! i will do that' then i saw both of them getting closer and closer towards each other. my eyes widened at this sudden encounter. i couldn't believe my eyes, it has only been a day! but then subject A7, came to them. i sighed in relief to see subject A0 walk away from both of the subjects. and with that, i left.

THE NEXT DAY

YOUR POV

i woke up to the sunlight beaming on my eyes, and a little boy sitting down carving a little figure. he has curly brown locks and probably the youngest out of all of us. the boys here were 16-18, i was 17 and he looked about 13. i already felt awful for him considering he has been put in this place and he has to survive to live. i crossed all negative thoughts and cleared my throat.

"oh, sorry greenie, the name's chuck," he said then took his hand out and i shook it.

'clearly alby has taught him to shake hands as a polite welcoming' i thought.

"c'mon! i'm gonna show you to breakfast," he skipped out and i followed him.

we both ended up in the kitchen to be greeted to the main cook. frypan. he was this tall dark-skinned boy.

"hello greenie! my name is frypan, its nice to meet you!" he said nicely and nodded his head, he was cooking so he obviously couldn't shake my hand.

"nice to meet you too," i replied. he gave me bacon and eggs and then me and chuck sat down at a table. while i was eating, chuck was carving that little, wooden figure again.
"hey, what's that?" i said pointing to the carving with my fork.

"oh this? this is a figure i'm carving for my parents," he said not taking his eyes off the work he's doing.

"you remember your parents?" i asked him.

"no, but i know i must have them" he replied now putting it down and eating his own food. i looked at him for a second with sorrow and then back to my food again. i still feel really bad for him. after we both finished, we gave our dishes to fry and walked around the glade.
"oh! that reminded me, alby needs you in council hall for a meeting," chuck said to me while coming to a stop.

"well where is it?" i asked. he pointed to the biggest hut in the glade.

"see ya' greenie!" and with that he left and i walked towards it.

i opened the door to see alby, gally, clint, jack and newt. as soon as i opened the door, they stopped talking and looked directly at me with the same facial expression. confusion.

"what are you doing here greenie? this is a keepers meeting?" gally said daggering my eyes.

"chuck told me that alby needs me in a meeting," everyone looked at alby including me.

"why?" gally said alternating between me and alby.

"you dumb shanks! she needs a job," alby said and smacking his hand to his forehead and shaking his head. everyone shouted 'oh yeah's' and 'forgot about that's' i walked down the steps and towards alby.

"well what's my job then?" i asked getting impatient.

"well she's definitely not working with me!" gally said crossing his arms. i 'phewed' with relief and he gave me a glare.

"good that!" i said with a sigh of happiness. then i see that stupid smirk on newts face again. 'ughh! that smirk' i thought and turned away.

"i know she doesn't like slopping," jack said. 'true'

"she's good at gardening," newt said looking at me.

"well shes amazing at being a madjack," clint said and gave me a genuine smile. i kinda wanna be a medjack, but there's one job that makes me feel intrigued.

"i think the greenie should be a medjack," alby said looking at me. a smile appeared on my face. i was happy about being a medjack, but a runner sounds so much more interesting and fun. some boys were happy about that, but some were bummed that they can't work with me. including newt. looks like i'm a medjack!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 30 11
Newtt x Readerr by meee :] And it's my first X reader book so go ahead And I'm taking requests also
21.3K 620 25
"You are going to keep on making stupid mistakes leaving others to rescue you until it will be your last and you will find no one there to save you...
54K 865 42
One shots, Newtmas. This has got a couple Dylmas one shots as well. This is my first book on here, I love writing so I thought I'd publish something...
755 20 11
Y/n, a girl who was put into a Maze completely full of boys had to grow up fast and work twice as hard her whole life to keep up and prove herself wo...