Vengeance

Por kaylarosewrites

[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just... Más

||Author's note||
||Playlist||
||Prologue||
||01|| Praised*
||02|| Clue
||03|| Under your nose
||04|| Numbed
||05|| Bodies drop
||06|| Undercover
||07|| Blindsided
||08|| Capo
||09|| Meaningless, yet purposeful*
||10|| Helpless
||11|| Her Wings
||12|| Partner In Crime
||13|| Over And Under*
||14|| Blown Through*
||16|| Self Confessions
||17|| Re-visited pain
||18|| Risks Taken
||19|| Rules Broken*
||20|| Waffle
||21|| Grenade
||22|| Collisions
||23|| Her and I*
||24|| Two-Faced
||25|| Cope
||26|| Expect The Unexpected
||27|| Recuperating
||28|| One bed
||29|| Agosto?
||30|| Volunteer
||31|| Grave
||32|| Euphoric*
||33|| Letter
||Epilogue*||
||Thank You!||
17 years later: Angela's POV

||15|| Welcome Back

38.1K 1.1K 872
Por kaylarosewrites

Song used later on in the chapter: "I see red" by Everybody Loves An Outlaw. Play when told.

Oakley POV

Sleep is a gamble.

Well, at least it used to be. Like the panic attacks that I use to have when I was younger, nightmares were also a regular. I'd spend restless nights staring at the ceiling because the only thing replaying in my dreams would be that night. February 14th, 2011. But it had stopped a long time ago, everything has. But with so much surrounding my parents' murder recently, who knows what might make a surprise visit.

But tonight I slept the best I have in a while, and I hope it stays that way.

Waking up to the warm sun is always something I look forward to in the morning. It's like the sun is saying hello, telling you you're day is only beginning.

I blinked the sleep out of my eyes to pressure on top of my chest. I look down to see August attached to me, one side of his face plastered against my left tit and his hand slung around my waist.

I sighed. It's too early, and I'm way too tired to attempt at yelling him off of me. So I let him stay on me, just for a little... until I get the sleep out of me.

He seemed so peaceful when he's sleeping with no snarky, irritating comments being said every time he opens his mouth. Besides yesterday, with his talk of his brother. I didn't expect him to tell me anything about his past, but it made me not completely dislike him.

But I have to dislike him. Because if I don't, I'm afraid doors that are meant to be closed, will start opening. Letting out something... unwanted. He doesn't want it, he said it himself, and I sure as hell don't either.

I leaned my head on my palm and brought my other hand to his brown head of hair. I love his hair, the one thing I actually like about him. It was short and kinky, yet soft. I softly twirled a section, making a small curl. Then dragged my fingers across the top of his hair.

"Morning, Angel."

The sound of his scratchy words caused me to jump. I snatched my hand away from his hair, hoping he didn't feel me.

He lifted his head from my chest and turned around, his arm moving to my waist. He didn't say anything, we watched each other for a moment, his eyes low as they jumped across my face. I shifted my eyes away from his, hating the nerves his gaze bring me.

"Did I forget to mention cuddling is... um, a part of the no kissing rule?" I said.

"My pillow wasn't cutting it for me. Yours, however," His eyes trailed down to my breast, they were visible through my tanktop and sat a mere 3 inches from his face, "Your's were much nicer."

I rolled my eyes, and pushed at his bare chest, "Ha-ha," I deadpanned. "Get off of me." He groaned and rolled over to his back, releasing me.

I dropped my feet to the floor and walked to the bathroom. Tying my hair in a low bun to get it out my way, I bent down, cupping cool water in my hands to splash on my face. After grabbing a towel off the rack and pressing it against my face, I see August standing beside me.

He reaches over to grab a toothbrush from the holders; A blue one.

"Does a guy live with you?" He asked, grabbing the toothpaste.

I reached for the purple toothbrush, ignoring that he took it upon himself to use mine.

"Unless Olivia is suddenly a guy, no," I glanced at him through the mirror, snatching the toothpaste out of his hold.

"So who's toothbrush is this?" He held the blue one in front of us.

I scrunched my face up at his random pointless questions, "It's mine, clearly. Not only guys can like the color blue, you know." I snorted, "Nevermind your small brain isn't big enough to understand that." I oozed a line of toothpaste on my brush and he snatched it back when I finished.

"So what I'm understanding is, your favorite color is blue," He asked, ignoring my insult.

I sighed, running my toothbrush under the water, "Yes, August, my favorite color is blue. Why is the mafia man that kills people asking me about my favorite color?" I began brushing my teeth.

He shrugged, "I just took you as more of a red sort of woman." He put his toothbrush to his teeth, not running water over it first.

Psychopath.

After a few brushes, I spat in the sink, "Nope."

I was going to leave the bathroom but my eyes got caught on August as he bent down to collect water in his hand. His back muscle flexed as he pressed his forearms on the sink to support himself. He swished the water around his mouth before spitting it all out. Then shifted his jaw again, spitting one last time. This time slower, a line of saliva dripping from his wet lips into the sink.

He leaned back up, wiping his mouth clean and looking at me before winking, "Start packing your things. We got to get some training in today after dropping off you're clothes." 

I watched him leave the bathroom until he was out of my sight before letting out a long breath. My hands went to my hair and grabbed a chunk from each side of it, looking at myself in the mirror.

He knew what he was doing with his spit. Right? Or maybe he was just washing his mouth out and I'm overthinking it all.

"I'm going insane," I whispered to my reflection.

***

I spend about an hour throwing clothes and spare guns in a duffel bag before August and I got into his car to drive back to the apartment.

I sat beside him in the front seat as he drove, grabbing his beer from the holder between the car. I took a sip just as my attention adverted to the radio playing softly.

*start song*

"I fucking love this song," I exclaimed. I went to reach over to increase the volume just as the woman began singing the song that puts me in a trance every time I hear it.

I grinned and turned to august, "Did you really think, I'd just forgive and forget?" I sang and he glanced at me then back at the road. I laughed taking a sip of his beer and turned up the volume some more.

"Youuuu, you two timin' cheat lyin' wannabe. You're a foooooool, if you thought that I'd just let this go! Sing it with me August!"

"No."

"I see red!" I shouted along with the lyrics, clutching his arm as he turned a corner, "Oh red!" I sang, arching back into the car seat and shutting my eyes. The wind whipped through the car as he drove down the street. I slipped my gun quickly out of my purse and pointed it at august, "A gun to your head!"

August kept his eyes on the road but I could see the small smirk on the side of his lips. I continued singing, using the small pistol in my hand as a microphone. And just when the beat was about to drop again August reach over and presses a button, the car edges went red.

I laughed loudly putting one leg on the dashboard, running my hands along my body with the gun, "Don't you know that you're better off dead."

I looked over at August, his button-up black shirt sleeves were rolled up his arms, the veins in them prominently as it sat between our seats. His fingers had rings, but only on that hand.

August glanced at me just as the chorus repeated. And without thinking about it, I slid my fingers between his before pouring my soul into the lyrics that seemed to remind me of my own words.

It wasn't just a song, it was a promise.

A promise that no matter what, I won't forget what he did. That I'll come after him.

That in the end, I will be the one to take his life. I hope Apolo spends his days well. Because I will see his fucking red.

I huffed as the base died down, "All I see is red, red, oh red. Now all I see is..." I turn to august for the last word, "red."

The car came to a halt at the front of his apartment when I realized my hand was still on top of August's, attached to him tightly. I tried to let go but he tightened his hold turning to me.

"Don't touch my radio again," He said, his face blank of expression.

I leaned forward and pouted, "You're no fun."

He let go of my hand and my fingers slipped through his. I broke from his gaze and got out of the car walking towards his tall apartment building.

"You forgot your bags," I heard August shout behind me.

I turned around, "No I didn't. Make yourself useful for once and carry them."

He sighed, and I winked at him before turning back around.

***

After taking the elevator up the seventeen flights, we finally got to his apartment door. The hallways were nice and white, chandeliers illuminating the halls. August twisted his key in the lock and opened it, still holding my three bags of clothes.

He held the door open for me to walk in but once I did, my breath hitched at the sight of my best friend. I thought my eyes were deceiving me but when she looked up at me my jaw dropped.

"Surprise!" Olivia shouted, laying on August's couch. Her blond hair was split in two braids and her head was the only thing visible behind the couch.

I dropped my purse to the floor and ran to her.

"Liv!" I cried wrapping my arms around her and dropping beside her on the couch. My heart filled with an overwhelming amount of relief from seeing her.

"Oakleyyy," she cackled, hugging me back. "I missed you, you crazy bitch!"

I leaned back, "Why didn't you tell me you were getting out the hospital!"

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"How's the wound?" I asked softly, looking down at her cropped shirt that showed the bandaged stomach.

She shrugged, "It's alright, it's healing well so far. The doctor said in a few more weeks I'll be good as new."

"Months, Livvy." I turned to the new voice in the room and realized Caleb was on the other side of the couch. His British accent lacing his words.

"The doctor said months not weeks," He repeated.

"Yeah well, saying weeks makes it sound quicker," Olivia said back.

Caleb got up with a sigh, walking over to August coming back from putting my bags away.

"Capo, my man," He greeted August. They did their hand shake bringing themselves into a rough hug.

"I would've liked a warning," August said walking to his fridge.

"The lady insisted I kept it a secret and I didn't see any harm not to," Caleb replied.

August grabbed two beer bottles, out of his fridge. The only thing in there he can grab probably. If I'm gonna be staying here I got to do something's about that.

He gave one to Caleb and they clanked bottles before talking a sip.

I turned to Olivia and she wiggled her eyebrows. "Soo." I knew that look anywhere. "Last night, how was it?" She whispered.

"So nothing Liv. We're nothing, as I told you."

"I never asked you what you two were I said how was it," She hinted, looking down at between her legs.

I snorted and unintentionally bit down on my bottom lip, my cheeks scorching as I replayed last night's activities in my head. August laying down on the bed gripping my hips as I rode on him.

"Look at you blushing," she said her jaw-dropping.

"I'm not, what are you talking about?"

"Yeah, your cheeks are saying otherwise Oak," She laughed, holding her side. "Oakley Marrero—Salvo, whatever the fuck your last name is—blushing?" I tried shushing her but she pushed my hand away. "God he must've done wonders to you."

"I hate you," I hissed, compressing my smile.

"You love me."

I huffed knowing she was right, I do love her. More than anyone in this fucked go world. August and Caleb walked back sitting on the other couch across from us.

"So tomorrow night, correct?" Caleb said to August, sitting down.

"What's tomorrow night?" Olivia asked.

"We're going on a mission for Mathew, their boss," I explained.

"Oh, can I come?"

"No," Caleb and I both said in unison.

"Relax geez, I was just kidding."

"No time for jokes blonde," August said and Olivia Mimicked him silently.

"So, what's the plan today?" Caleb questioned.

"I'm taking Oakley to the sanctuary room to train her and tell Axel and Slasher the plan. You two, though, are getting out of my apartment once I leave. No fucking on my couch."

Olivia s thot her head to me, "Oakley, please tell your man to shut the hell up."

"He's not my man!"

"And Oakley can't tell me to do shit," August said.

I raised my eyebrow, "Oh really?" Last night when I made him lay down so I could fuck him, he didn't seem to follow that rule. But I wouldn't dare say that in front of Liv and Caleb.

"Mhm," he hummed, our eyes locked onto each other from across the two couches.

Caleb cleared his throat and I snapped my gaze away from August. Caleb leaned forward pressing his elbows on his knees.

"Livvy, would you want to stay at my apartment until you're healed? Since she's staying with August and I don't like you being alone with you still in pain."

I looked at Olivia, her cheeks a hot pink, "Yeah, sure. Where's your apartment?"

"Just five flights down."

"You and August live in the same building?" I asked.

August took a sip of his beer and got up to his feet as Caleb spoke, "Yes, we have since we started working together."

"Angel, get up, we're leaving," August said.

"Angel?" Olivia repeated with her head tilted. August must've said it out of habit because even he looked surprised.

"It's just a name, Liv," I said brushing it off as I stood up. "I could've said something about Caleb calling you Livvy. But I didn't."

"I didn't say anything either," She said, but the smile plastered on her face said more than she could say with words.

"What's wrong with the name Livvy? I think it's cute," Caleb muttered from the couch,

August huffed to himself as he opened the front door, "Today's gonna be a long day."

[A/N]

Hi, new readersss thanks for reading, love y'all. How we feel about Olivia's return?! I put a song in this chapter, don't know if I'll do it again. Y'all ready to see Oak and August train next chapter 👀 Don't forget to vote!

Cya,
-Kayla ♥️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1M 36.6K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...
392K 6.3K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
171K 4.5K 19
"I was tortured, every day, and no one helped me." She whispered meekly. "We would've done something‐." She cut him off, slowly looking up, avoiding...
2.3M 46.6K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...