Nekomata's Will (Beta)

By NyxTEOA

In a world where wars started and all races are under heavy suspense, a school was built for peace among the... More

World contents
Prologue
Chapter 1 / Daycare
Chapter 2 / Artifact
Chapter 3 / Mate
Chapter 5 / Training pt. 2
How mates work for shifters
Chapter 6 / Preparations
Chapter 7/ Evaluation Exam
Chapter 8 / Showing off?
Chapter 9/ Introductions
Chapter 10/ Introductions PT.2
Chapter 10.5/ Rude awakening
Chapter 11 / Lunch with Friends
Character Sheets (Students)
Chapter 12 / First day of class
Part 13 / Basic Artifact Knowledge
Hiatus (Lily of the valley announcement)

Chapter 4 / Training

5 0 0
By NyxTEOA

Note: The drawing on top is Xin. I hope you are satisfied with just this for now. I can't draw on my laptop since it's broken.

Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter!
___________________________________________

[Pov: Xin]

Me and Ash haven't seen eachother lately. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure.

The day he got his artifact, his wolf had awakened and I think that might have activated more of his senses.

Apparently I was his mate. His one and only. I'm not gonna lie, I had feelings for him too but it still doesn't feel real.

I tried calling his phone but all he said was that he needs to continue training. Maybe I should train too.

The reason why is because both Ash and I decided to enroll at the same time. This academy isn't like any other.

To enter there must be 3 requirements:
1. Have an artifact
2. Pass the entrance exam
3. No past criminal records

The reason for the third rule is because there is not age limit to join the academy. Heck you can't even leave the academy. All the races must participate in the academy. After learning as much as they can, they decide whether to keep going to school or not.

Some people join just to meet friends and find lovers. Others join to gain knowledge and experience. While others crave the fame if they get popular.

The reason why this academy was built was to help ensure future generations how to protect themselves from the outside.

The 'outside' as people call it, is literally that. The outside of this zone. No one knows why but only new gens of the races were allowed to live here and the rest are blocked out.

Meaning if we step outside it could lead to disaster. Mostly because what we do here is different from out there.

Peace is maintained here while war is regular in the outside. It was odd, why couldn't they just settle for peace?

Sighing I decided to get up from my favourite bean bag and head downstairs of my house. I saw mom there making food and dad was no where to be seen. Probably working again.

Once my mom saw me she asked if I wanted any food. I said no because my diet was really odd. I'm not sure why but it just feels like my body knows what to eat and when to eat, and it is not right now that's for sure.

Even thinking of food makes me gag a bit. I honestly don't get why we need food to survive. I always feel like that was a flaw when people are made. But I'm not a creator, I can't exactly make people now can I.

All I really need to eat is just a few snacks for a day and then I'm good. Well except on some days...but we aren't gonna talk about that.

I head into the backyard and started stretching my arms a bit. It's been a long time since I used my artifact. I don't use it because I get bored of it sometime.

I know I was excited for my artifact but having control of a single flame is just a bit saddening. Welp here goes now or never.

I reached out my hand and aimed it towards the sky. Then an idea popped into my head. Hmmm why didn't I think of this before.

I raised both arms into the sky and I slowly focused and imagined a certain scene before me. One by one flames littered the sky as I pulled my hands away from eachother.

Now then what should I name this?

Flame barrage

Perfect! Now concentrating again. I lifted only one hand up and started to gather all the flames into a single giant ball of fire.

Mini Sun

And I imagined a beautiful spectacle and aimed the sun towards the sky. Yes, now that I think of it why didn't I try using imagination with my power.

The sun started to bloom as if it was a flower and a laser shot towards the sky. Oh this is gonna be good!

Fire Flower: Afternoon Glow

It was beautiful. I never knew I could make that skill. The petals of the flower almost touched the ground but I snuffed them out quickly.

I didn't want to burn my backyard now did I? This was perfect, this is what I wanted to do when I got my artifact.

I felt dizzy and I layed onto the ground. Smiling as I started to fall asleep. It seems I used up a bit too much of my mana. Whoopsies.

And all faded to black...
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke up I was in bed. Seems like either mom or dad put tucked me in. I looked over my room. Still the same as always.

My favourite lamp beside me, a few trinkets layed across my desk and my personal toy. Well it wasn't really a toy. Just something that caught my eye one day.

It was a small bottle filled with liquid inside. There was small blue flower shaped things inside and they danced in the water whenever you shook the bottle. And on the bottle was a blue bell.

Oh the sound that it makes! Makes me want to purr all day. I loved it, not sure why. Whenever I go somewhere, I hanged it like the keychain it was. Either into my pocket or the belt hole which I never used.

Ya know the thing that keeps your belt in place. What do you even call them?

Whenever I walked it always made that jingle sound. Call me a cat if you want I loved my toy.

I stood up and checked my phone to see what time it was. It was already in the evening even though I stepped out of the house during the afternoon. Man that skill drained a ton of mana from me.

Mana usually isn't a problem for me. I only have mana deficiency if I'm not used to the skill I used yet.

And I just created 3 of them. I hope my parents aren't worried.

I started to head down and saw mom and dad watching TV. I came up to them and hugged them both. Both of them jumping from the unexpected hug.

"Oh my stars! You scared us, are you feeling ok? Anything wrong?"

"Nope feeling just fine, I just got tired after making new skills is all"

"Well make sure to not push yourself too hard ok sweetie?"

"Yes mom"

"Hey kiddo, I bought you something since you fainted and wanted you to smile when you got up"

"Hmmm?"

My dad usually get me gifts often but most of the time the gifts are just placed inside my room to collect dust.

Now I'm not saying I'm a brat. It's just that my parents only have me around and want to spoil me to death. Even though I don't want anything.

I'm not a materialistic person. Why buy something that you will get bored of in time. But my thoughts always got contradicted by my other thoughts. It's annoying.

Oh if you haven't guessed I have multiple personalities. It isn't that bad to the point I'm a completely different person. It's more like I have a ton of mood swings. And it annoys the hell outta me.

Do you have any idea how many times I tried to do something only to have my other thoughts make me not do it. It sucks man!

Heck it even messes with my phobias. At one point I have traumatophobia and then the next second I feel like I wanna see people get hurt.

Ugh! It's so frustrating. Now at heart I'm a kind hearted person ready to help anyone on sight. But on the other hand I feel like gripping a sword and go on a mass murder spree.

Ok! Ok! Snap out of it! Gift, accept, then go upstairs to have a mental warfare.

"So what did you buy me dad?"

"Lemme show you"

He starts to pull something out of his pocket and I gasped. This... This is.

"You like it?"

"I thought you said you lost it" my eyes beginning to tear up.

My dad comes up to me and hugs me," aw shucks kiddo, don't cry it's only natural for me to give this to you"

It was my very first bracelet. Now I know you are thinking. Not materialistic huh? But this was something with sentimental value. This bracelet is what the only thing I had left to remember my birth parents by.

Yes shocker I'm adopted. But I didn't care because when they adopted me, they loved me to death. This bracelet got lost during a certain incident and now it was right here... In my hands.

I held it tightly into my chest as I started bawling my eyes out. I could feel it, the energy that lingered within the bracelet that belonged to my parents. I never knew who they were but I will always love them.

My parents right now were friends of my birth parents. My birth parents died not long after I was born. It had something to do with an 'outsider' attack.

I didn't want to think about it. I just held in crying while both my parents hugged me in the middle of the living room.

"I love you guys!"

"We love you to" they both said in unison

This was probably gonna be saved in my memories as one of the happiest days in my life.

___________________________________________

Ok sooooo what do you guys think? Next chapter will be about Ash's training and then after that will be when they enroll into the academy.

I'm super duper excited to have people read this, oh and most of the inappropriate stuff won't be around until much much later into the story so just be satisfied with the wholesomeness for now.

Anyway I hope you enjoy these stories of these 2 soon to be lovebirds.

Byeeeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
85 1 10
7/5/2018: #880 in action On a mountaintop farther than the eye could see their was a school, out of sight out of mind. This isn't a regular school, y...
131K 3.8K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
2.1M 66.3K 25
||Highest rank #2 in lgbtpride|| ||Highest rank #3 in neko|| ||Highest rank #15 in gaylove|| ||Highest rank #24 in cute|| ||Highest rank #44 in boy||...