Nothing But Hate

By howtosellmysoul

Tucker Conway is a self righteous lawyer, who has decided to dedicate his life to fight for justice, put crim... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter Thirty Two

26.4K 1.2K 211
By howtosellmysoul

"Red or white?" Paige asked out loud as she looked inside her liquor cabinet.

"Red!" Tucker answered from the living room as he surfed the television for something decent to watch.

The twins ate the take out they had gotten on their way to Paige's apartment. They left some for Dan in the microwave once he informed that it'll still take him a couple of hours to get back home.

The dinner was nice, Tucker had always felt most at ease whenever he was with his sister. Considering that their relationship had been slightly rocky the past couple of months, eating and watching television in peace reminded him of the old days.

The conversation did get serious towards the end when Paige asked for updates about the Garner case. Tucker informed that Joe had tried to work out a plea deal, but Garner rejected that and was wanted to go to trial.

The trial would be in a few weeks, and till then, Tucker knew he was definitely going to be on edge.

Paige wanted to call it an early night, so after dinner Tucker left. Once he was in the elevator, he paused for a few seconds, before pressing the button for the top floor instead of the basement where his car was. Tucker tapped his foot impatiently, feeling like the elevator was taking ages.

Once he was on Callum's floor, Tucker took a deep breath before walking up to the billionaire's door and ringing the bell. Expecting Callum to open the door in his sweatpants, Tucker was shook when the door was opened by a man he vaguely remembered.

Logan Webster.

It took Tucker a few seconds to recall the man he met briefly during the party where he and Callum reconciled. He also remembered Callum mentioning him. Callum's father, Christopher Kaufman remarried around six years ago, making Callum and Logan step brothers.

Callum had told Tucker that he and Logan weren't close at all, having only met him a few times since he lived in London.

"Hello?" Logan raised a brow, probably not recognising Tucker.

"Uh, I was here for Callum. I think I'll come back some other time." Tucker had almost turned back and was ready to speedwalk out of their, when he heard Callum's voice.

"Tucker?" Callum called out, walking to the door, "What are you doing here?"

"Was at Paige's for dinner so I just thought I'd drop by," Tucker paused for a second, "No worries, I'll just leave."

"Oh wait, I think I remember you! The lawyer! What nonsense, you don't hage to leave, come on in!" Logan grinned.

"Yeah, I don't think that's such a good idea." Callum somewhat whispered to the two men.

"Why not?" Logan chuckled, "Not like this night could get any more awkward."

"I am really just going to leave." Tucker said again, feeling confused.

"We have a guest!" Logan yelled, making Callum roll his eyes in visible frustration. Tucker, if anything, grew even more confused. Callum motioned for Tucker to come in, to which Tucker raised a brow in question. Callum just held Tucker's arm, and lightly pulled him in.

Tucker had heard about Christopher Kaufman a lot, he'd heard how charming and intimidating the man was. He was known for his philanthropy and his kind nature. But it was only when he shook his hand, that he felt that maybe those were just words he paid to have written in articles. Tucker was a great judge of character, and he really wasn't liking his.

"-and this is Tucker Conway." Callum finished introducing everyone. Tucker stood a little awkwardly in the huge living room, after shaking hands with Callum's father and step mother. Callum's younger sister, Cecelia, just passed him a smile before going back to typing on her phone.

"So, who's going to tell me how you know Callum? Do you work at Kaufman?" Christopher asked, making Callum chuckle.

"He's an Assistant District Attorney," Callum answered, "His sister works at Kaufman, that's how we met."

"If my memory serves me right, would you be the young man that prosecuted the recent case against my company?" Christopher asked.

"That would be right." Tucker answered, he looked around the room to see Logan sitting at one of the couches with an amused expression on his face.

Clearly, Callum was trying to save Tucker from this very, very awkward meeting but Logan seemed like he just wanted a little bit of entertainment. The doctor seemed to be rejoicing in Tucker's visible uncomfort.

"Ah," Christopher nodded, "Makes it all the more interesting to meet you here in my son's home."

"Really? You clearly haven't been keeping tabs on what the media is saying about Cal, then." Logan pointed out.

"And what might that be?" Christopher asked, looking directly at Tucker. For some reason, Tucker felt like Christopher Kaufman knew exactly what Logan wss talking about.

"That's a conversation you need to have with your son, not me." Tucker answered, not breaking eye contact with the older man.

"Fair enough," Christopher said, "I suppose the conversation I need to be having with you is regarding your intentions with my son."

"There's no need for any of these conversations," Callum interrupted the two, sensing the tension that could be cut with a knife. He could also sense that Tucker was barely holding on, and that he could burst any moment. Having seen what the attorney could say when provoked, Callum knew it best to not let that happen, "Tucker, can I speak with you for a moment? Privately?"

Tucker nodded, still looking at Christopher. He finally broke the eye contact when Callum held his elbow, gently pulling him out of the living room. The two men walked to Callum's bedroom, and Callum shut the door behind him.

"That was awkward." Callum stated.

"You don't say," Tucker scoffed, "No offense, but I don't think I'm a huge fan of your father."

"None taken," Callum chuckled, "He's my father and even I'm not a fan of him."

"Do you ever question what my intentions are? When it comes to you?" Tucker asked after a moment of silence. Callum's expression immediately turned serious, and he pursed his lips in thought.

"Well, I know you're not into me for my money or status. In fact, those are the things keeping you from fulling accepting just how much you're into me." Callum answered.

"Oh, yeah?" Tucker smirked, walking closer to Callum. Callum stepped backwards, his back against the wall as Tucker trapped him within his arms before whispering, "And just how much do you think I'm into you?"

"Very much." Callum smirked back, before grabbing the back of Tucker's head and pulling him into a kiss. The two men kissed for a couple of minutes, before Tucker pulled away and stepped back.

"Don't wanna be too late or your father will question my intentions for you again." Tucker said. Callum shook his head with an amused expression. Tucker straightened Callum's collar, and ran his fingers through the billionaire's hair to fix it.

Callum smiled at Tucker, a simple smile that said more than words ever could.

"I'll just use the washroom and come." Tucker said. Callum nodded, pecked Tucker's lips quickly, and then left the room.

Tucker went to the washroom, mainly to avoid going back to the awkward conversation with Callum's family. This is definitely not how he imagined meeting them for the first time. Not like the thought ever crossed his mind, he never really considered he and Callum would reach the point of family introductions.

Tucker took a few moments to freshen up, before taking in a deep breathe and exiting the room. He was about to enter the living room, but stopped in his steps when he heard Callum's step mother's voice.

"— I think it's good that Cal is making friends with people at the DA's office. You never know when you might need them on your side." She said.

"Can't disagree with that." Callum replied.

Tucker sighed, forgetting any compulsion he previously felt to engage with Callum's family. Instead of going back into the living room, he headed for the front door. Not thinking twice before leaving, Tucker shut the door, making enough noise for it to be heard by everyone.

***

now that Nothing But Hate is going to end sooner rather than later, I have ideas for two new books.
first, is a historical fiction, and second, is a childhood bestfriends trope. both are bxb, ofc. if y'all want me to write any one of these first, then comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900K 29.4K 46
we just sat there staring at each other and my eyes flicked to his lips and his to mine... we both started to lean in... without thinking i placed my...
258K 13.1K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
124K 7.6K 38
Luca Chessman has been longing for love his entire life. The only problem is-he can't seem to find a guy that likes him the same way. With his famil...
171K 5.1K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...