𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨 ➪ 𝘱𝘪𝘦...

By alpaca_twin

seriously - can spencer rebecca banner ever catch a break? More

MISSION INTRODUCTION
.1
.2
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
1.00
1.1
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
epilogue
alt ending

1.2

12K 620 1.1K
By alpaca_twin

a/n : this one goes out to anyone (mostly one person) who really needed Pietro to live today

please comment, vote, and react!

✯✯✯

IT'S THE NEXT MORNING.

Spencer hasn't slept.

Wanda is off somewhere, probably showering or getting some well-needed rest, and Spencer is sitting in Avengers Towers Med Bay room, silently. Clint sits across from her.  Bruce had come in to check Pietro's vitals but had stopped pestering Spencer about her check-up.

For hours on end, it's almost completely silent.

And Spencer's praying. She's never been religious, but she doesn't think it should matter - not now. It's not like she's praying for something selfish, she just wants him to make it out of this. It's not fair that he dies. Not like that. Not like this! Not lamely in some stupid hospital room. Not ever. Not at all.

And Clint must get it. He doesn't say a word. He handed Spencer a cup of hot coffee about an hour ago, but she didn't touch it. It must be room temperature right now, but Spencer's stomach is  -

She hears something.

Clint is still staring out the window, so Spencer's attention shoots towards the door. She'd heard about invisibility before, and the rustling is still going, and she's almost ready to leap at nothing at the door before something is brushing against her hand.

Instinctively, she yanks her arm to her chest, her head snapping in the direction of the movement.

It's Pietro. His eyes are blinking open, and his hand is still out, and Spencer grabs it, practically falling towards the bed.

"Hey, hey," she's calling, trying to keep her voice leveled as Clint begins to look over. She's squeezing his hand, and one hand goes up to his face, brushing her thumb against his cheek bone. "Pietro? Hey, come on."

Her urging is enough. Pietro's eyes pull open, carefully.

There's something bursting in Spencer's chest, throat, heart - its yellow and vibrant and shaking with emotion. It's vivid and real, and oh, he's really-

"This must be heaven," Pietro murmurs, a smile cracking on his lips as his eyes flutter to Spencer.

He moves his head a little to get a better look at his surroundings. He sees Clint.

His head falls against the pillow with a groan. "Never mind," he mutters, as Clint is standing rushing to his side. Pietro purposely turns away from him, his eyes meeting Spencer. "This is hell."

"Sure is, dipshit," Clint says, but his heart isn't in the insult. "What part of not intervening with the Winter Soldier did you not understand?"

Pietro doesn't even look at him. His blue eyes are still on Spencer's, making her heart skip and trip and race. "Get him out of here."

"I'm not going anywhere," Clint says, and Pietro lets out a scoff. "No, dude, because what the hell was that? Going off-grid for two weeks? Are you stupid?"

"Great," Pietro whines, glaring up at Spencer, who's covering her mouth with her hand. She's trying not to grin at how much Clint sounds like a dad right now, but she's failing terribly. "Enjoying my misery again."

"Shut up," Spencer mumbles, but she can't hide the grin that's breaking out anymore. Pietro matches her expression, letting out a little laugh, which turns into a cough that frightens her.

She reaches out to steady him, but Pietro's waving her off.

"Where is Wanda?" he asks Clint. "Is she alright?"

"She's fine," Clint assures him, and on cue, Wanda is rushing into the room. She must've known, or something, because her arms are around Pietro, crushing him into a hug before Spencer can even realize she's there.

There's a wave of relief rushing over the brunette as the twins reunite. She's got both back. Her hand shoots up to her mouth as she holds back a shout of relief, and just as she turns around, Pietro is calling her name.

"Where are you going?" he demands as Wanda turns to look at her too. "I just... I risked my life for you dragă, what the hell?"

Spencer struggles for the right words. "Oh, shut up!"

Pietro's eyes widened. "Shut up?" he repeats, and Wanda's already rolling her eyes. "I should have died, and see if you say that shit to me-"

"Language," Clint warns.

Pietro watches him irritatedly.

"Seriously?" Pietro spits out after a second. "You took forever to get to us! Correcting me like a child? I almost died. You should take a bullet once in a while-"

"I don't like this attitude," Clint interrupts, and Pietro shuffles like he's actually gonna fight this guy while he's practically laying on his almost deathbed.

But Clint's at his side first, pulling the boy into a tight hug.

Spencer almost smiles. She's so relieved. She's so... happy.

"He's up?" Bruce asks, slipping into the room. Spencer turns to him, a smile spreading on her lips. She nods and throws her arms around him, squeezing tight. Thank you, she's thinking, thankyouthankyouthankyou. Bruce smiles down at her before slipping over to him.

And Wanda comes back to her side, giving Bruce the space to check all the vitals.

Pietro's not as willing, though - he's brushing Bruce off, insisting, "I lived. Can we leave it at that?"

"You keep talking, Kid, and you'll be on a call with Laura. Wanna hear her screaming over mine? Have at it."

A pause.

"I hate you, Old Man."

Spencer tries to send Pietro a warning look, but her resolve fades when she sees Wanda hiding a smile between pursed lips, and Clint grinning widely.

Pietro's eyes snap back to Spencer. It makes her feel vulnerable, but mostly, it makes her feel happy.

"Come back here," he calls to her, softly, and Spencer nods, slipping back to Wanda's side. She's shoulder to shoulder with the girl but doesn't freak at the contact.

Pietro doesn't look satisfied. His eyes narrow, and he turns to Wanda. "Ieși din calea."

Wanda grins, her nose scrunching a bit as her eyes flicker up to Clint. "You were right," she tells him with a shake of her head. "He does have favorites."

"Oh, shut up," Pietro mutters, but Wanda moves, anyway, motioning for Spencer to slip through and stand at his side. 

As she shifts her position, Clint and Wanda match eyes, and both of them suddenly need to get something to eat. They slip out of the room.

It's just Spencer at Pietro for a moment.

Spencer lets her eyes run over him again. And again. She's afraid of forgetting him again - but she won't. Not this time. His face is going to be ingrained in her memory.

"Don't stare too hard," Pietro murmurs, and Spencer's eyes focus on him again.

She's about to say something funny back, but her mind blanks and she feels her voice catch in her throat.

Plus, Bruce picks that moment to walk into the room.

He's staring at his clipboard, at first, and Spencer shuffles back. When his eyes finally turn up, he looks in surprise at the empty chairs, then over at the two alone. He opens his mouth to excuse himself, but Pietro's already shuffling in annoyance, and Spencer's arms are crossing over her chest.

"I just have to check a few things," he promises, stepping to the other side of Pietro.

"Any pain?" he asks quietly as he checks Pietro's pupils. Pietro shakes his head. "Any blows to the head that you can recall?" Pietro nods. "Rate the pain as the injury occurred," Bruce directed, pulling away to grab his stethoscope.

"Zero," Pietro says.

Spencer shoves his shoulder, not amused. 

Bruce smiles at the floor a little as Pietro changes his answer. "Six - and ouch. That was ten."

Bruce nods. "We have a few other tests we should run, but -" his eyes shoot up to Spencer, who's biting at her fingernails. His eyes move back to Pietro's. "It'll wait until you're a little stronger. For now, Tony's asking for a report-"

'Fine, fine," Pietro says, irritatedly, shaking his head. "I'll speak to Romanoff, not him. Can I have something to eat?"

"I'll grab you something," Spencer offers immediately. By the time Pietro opens his mouth to disagree, Spencer's swinging her bag (change of new clothes from Natasha) over her shoulder, and moving towards the door.

He sends a look of pleading to Bruce.

"I've got it, Spence," he promises, moving his way to the door. Spencer lets her hand fall off the handle, looking at her dad strangely. "Stay with him. Let me know if anything happens."

He gives her a small smile before slipping out of the room. Spencer stands there for a second before she feels the heat of Pietro's eyes. 

"Come back here, please," Pietro says, exasperatedly, and Spencer goes red, giving him a nod before coming right back by the bed.

His eyes are very blue. Maybe it's that Spencer hasn't seen them open since... since the life was practically draining out of his body.

"You really remember?" he checks, softly. "Everything."

There are tears welling in Spencer's eyes. She's barely holding them at bay as nods.

"Good, good," Pietro says with a nod.

 A moment passes. 

"Remember enough to kiss me?"

Spencer scoffs. Not angry, but in disbelief and... happiness. She won't admit it, though - she rolls her eyes, first.

"You've been in a coma," Spencer reminds him. "Maybe brush your teeth first? That's gross."

Pietro scoffs, himself. He's shaking his head and squinting his eyes. "I saved your life, dragă, I deserve-"

"You don't deserve shit," Spencer argues, a grin on her face despite her words. "I had to watch you bleed out! do you know the kind of emotional damage-"

"I know the physical damage!" Pietro shouts in disbelief, a little laugh bubbling in his throat. He knows Spencer's just messing with him - it's clear by the smile blessing her lips. She looks content. He feels content.

Carefully, Spencer slips on the side of the bed and leans to press her lips against Pietro's forehead. It's soft even though her lips are chapped. It's everything even though it's just a few moments.

Pietro's hand falls on her waist, and Spencer brushes back his hair, her smile dampening at the sight of a scabbing wound hidden behind.

"When did you remember?" Pietro asks suddenly. Spencer's eyes don't match his right away. "Everything. When did you... did you just-"

"Right before Madam found us," Spencer tells him, her voice cracking. "I... I didn't want to give us away, and then Sol-James was right there-"

"It's alright, it's alright," Pietro promises, reaching for Spencer's hand. "I mean, you are a good liar-"

"You knew something was different," Spencer argues with a little shake of her head.

"Yes, well, I thought I kissed James or something," Pietro admits, clearly fighting out a flustered look, his eyes flickering to the window.

"Are you serious?" Spencer coughs out. "The guy constantly beat the shit out of me-"

"You have very poor taste in men," Pietro provides with a sudden shake of his head. "You should go," he urges her. "Sleep. Shower. You need it."

Spencer gives him a look of disbelief - of course, she smells bad, she hasn't left his side.

"You're right," Spencer agrees with a nod. Pietro raises his eyebrows. "I have terrible taste in men. Just awful." Spencer gives him a little shove.

Pietro's eyes move to the door, and Spencer follows; Natasha is pulling the door open.

"Nice to see you awake," she mentions with a smile to the younger man. 

"It is always nice to see me," Pietro replies, and Spencer rolls her eyes.

"I came to get a quick report," Natasha says. "I can come back later."

"It's all good," Spencer promises. "I'm actually gonna go shower - " her eyes flicker down to Pietro. "I'll be back," she promises, brushing back his hair again as she presses a kiss to his forehead.

"I hate that," Pietro grumbles, but Spencer thinks he's lying, anyway.

"Then brush your teeth," Spencer suggests with a mean smile, tossing her bag over her shoulder. "See you later, Nat."

He's smiling when she leaves, so he can't hate her kisses that much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 7.8K 61
~The Marvel Avengers Characters~ It will be (Y/N) and a character below: Captain America (Steve Rogers) The Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) Iron Man (T...
673K 14.2K 60
So I'm doing: Steve Rogers/Captain America Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Sam Wilson/Falcon Tony Stark/Iron Man Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow Clint Bart...
69.6K 1.9K 40
Imagines of ya gurl the Scarlett Witch or Wanda Maximoff. Whatever you prefer to call
359K 5.2K 103
𝙉𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨. 𝙉𝙤 𝙙𝙤-𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨. 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙀𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨.