Four Dates and Tons of Insecu...

By Writer_Bhavana

"Stop being strong-headed maybe you will stop seeing me as an enemy"-Adithi "Stop being annoying, cause that'... More

Author's Note
!Aesthetics!
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Important Notice!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The Hangout!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Notice!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Recap!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Something no one reads, But should!
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A Tribute
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
!THE END!
Took me long enough!

Chapter 2

162 17 31
By Writer_Bhavana

Chapter 2

Next day (12:00 afternoon)

🌷Adithi POV

I was again back at the door. Aunty invited me to have lunch with everyone, Just like old times. But there is nothing like old times. It will never be the same. I ring the bell and wait for the door to open. Aryan is the one who gets the door.

"Hello! How have you been ?"He greets me with a hug. I hug him back.

"I am fine, How are you ?"I ask him.

"Am fine as well."Was his reply.

"I feel really happy seeing you after so long," He tells me ruffling my hair before moving aside to make way for me to enter. He has always been sort of an elder brother figure for me, was always there by my side, and catered for me as an elder brother would.

I missed you.

"When did you come back from your hostel ?"He asks me once we enter the front room.

"4 years back "I answer him as I place my purse on the side table nearby.

"And you had time yesterday to call me " he retorts looking at me angrily. I made many people angry just to stay away from one person.

" You know the answer to that, why I didn't call back," I tell him playing with my bracelet- A gift from Meera.

"Yeah, Let's- Let's not bring that up today." He says pulling me into the living room of their house.

I was looking here and there just then Aryan came towards me and whispered in my ear-"Don't worry he won't be here!"

My cheeks went red for a second ."Shut up! I wasn't looking for him "I whisper-yell. Just then Rajveer uncle and Narmatha aunty came down. Uncle was in his same old black suit and Aunty in her silk saree.

"Hello! My child "Uncle greets me.

I smile at him "Hello! Uncle, how have you been?"I ask him politely.

"As you can see, am very fine. "He tells me with a smile.

We talk for a while and then the topic of my job comes in "Why didn't you come and meet me even once in the hospital?"Uncle asked me.

"Uncle that-" I linger without answering for a moment, how do I tell him that his son is the reason? How do I tell I was afraid to see him after all that happened?

"I know Adithi, you want to be a self-made woman, but taking someone's help will not make you anything less than self-made." He says patting my head to which I just smile.

Just then Aryan's wife Sneha enters the house. The last time I saw her was at their wedding. She came and greeted everyone "Hello! Adithi, How have you been? And thank you so much for bringing back Sara. She got this habit of sneaking out from her father ."Aryan scoffed at her statement.

"I agree. He used to sneak out a lot during our childhood ." We could see Aryan fuming with anger in the corner to which we all just laugh off.

"Enough of talking let's go have lunch ." He insists, making everyone move into the dining room.

We all went to the dining room and started eating but Namratha aunty seemed a bit angry "What happened aunty?" I asked her.

"It's just that he is not here yet ."We all know who she is referring to, Karthik –she loves Karthik a lot. Though she loves him a lot she doesn't show it often. She doesn't treat life the other Indian mothers would, which I feel is a good thing.

Aryan looks at his mom a bit unhappy himself "Maybe he is stuck in a meeting mom don't worry. He is a CEO he has a lot of work."

She just lets out a huge sigh "Why did he have to set up his own company. It's not like we won't give him any share of this hospital ."

Just then Rajveer uncle spoke up "He stood on his own feet, established his own company. He was not interested in working at the hospital, he wanted to set up a gaming company. He is in the top 3 you need to be proud of him ."

Aunty gives out another sigh "Yes I know "she sulks a bit, not wanting to continue the conversation further. She doesn't care what her son is because as of now she wants him here with us.

After that conversation the whole table becomes silent. Slowly the lunch ends. It was awkward for a while but Aryan and uncle were able to make the environment a bit livelier.

After lunch, I was ready to head out.

But Namratha Aunty stopped me in my tracks.

"Adithi when is your next holiday ?' She asked me.

"It's next Monday, after 5 I will be free, "I tell her. She nods and says" Pick out a perfect dress and Be ready I will make him message you ."Saying this she hugs me, tells me bye, and goes inside. Monday is in two days. Am I ready to meet him? Gosh!

Karthik POV(Evening at 6:30 pm)

"Am home "I shouted as I entered the house. My mom was sitting in the front room. She looked at me and said in the fiercest tone possible, "I told you to come today ."

Oh! Shit, I forgot.

How much ever older you get, you never stop getting scared of your mother.

"I had a meeting maa,"I tell her. She signaled me to sit in front of her. "I wanted you to meet someone." She mutters looking at her newspaper.

It's not even been 10 years since my brother's marriage why is she after me ."Who is it ?"I asked even though I would hate her answer ."You know her very well. I love her and I hope you accept her ."

My first thought was Adithi, but why would I marry her anyway."Who is it, mom ?"I asked her again.

"Adithi "She told me in the most neutral tone.

"What ?"I basically scream.

She is my enemy. I don't want to be with her for my whole life ."Why are you reacting like that? She is the best person to have by your side." She tells now looking straight at me and folding back the newspaper. This can't be happening. I can't marry her. She always gets on my nerves and makes me angry.

"It's not that I hate her it's just that, I didn't see her in 7 years, she must have changed a lot, "I try to reason hoping maa would understand. But on the contrary, my mom chuckled a bit and said "I know you would say that, just meet up a few times with her, she is gotten so beautiful too!"

"How did you meet her ?"I asked my mom. Now slowly giving up on the whole situation.

"She bought Sara back when she sneaked out." Mom answers. Sara did it again! She is getting naughty day by day.

"She also came for lunch today. I wanted you to meet her." my mom tells me. I have no answer for that.

"But it's really late now. I will talk to you tomorrow ."My mom says and leaves the room.

I too go back to my room and freshened up. I sat down to finish some of my work. But a certain someone keeps bothering me. Just when I try not to get distracted memories start flashing.

15 years back

I see her walking beside me. With a vanilla ice cream in her hand. My brother and she were best friends. They were inseparable. In fact, we both always hung out with my brother. He cared for her as his own sister. Was he not seeing me as his brother? Was I not enough? He helped me way lot more than a brother would. Was I jealous that he was also treating her as a sister? Maybe yes, But we never had girls in our house and she was the only girl with us.

It was a really sunny day and we all craved ice cream. On the way, we met one of my brother's friends and they started talking. Adithi turned towards me licking her ice cream- "Why do u not talk much with me ?"She asked me I looked at her uninterestedly and said "I don't like talking to you."After that, she never bothered me, until we were placed in the same school.

10 years back

I was in high school finally me and Adithi were not in the same class. I was happy about it. My high school life was a giant roller coaster. Whenever I and Adithi met we always used to bicker with each other. I had my own group of friends Sharath and Rahul. We three were a group. Sometimes Adithi used to join us when Rahul invited us or mostly she is alone. She doesn't really like sitting with a huge group I guess. One day at the cafeteria I saw a girl standing and laughing with her friends. Her long hair was tied up in a ponytail. Her name was Kavya I liked her a lot. She was really pretty and very popular, unlike the certain someone I know.

I went to her one day and shared my feelings with her."I actually don't like you. You might be good-looking but you are friends with that Adithi and I hate her ."She said those words to me and went back to her class. I was boiling with anger and that evening when Adithi came to our house to meet my brother no one was at home.

She came in and asked me for my brother. I looked at her with anger in my eyes. She was oblivious to my angry state. She looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"I heard what happened today from Rahul. Am sorry to hear that. I know you liked her a lot. It's her loss that she didn't accept you."She tells me. How dare she! Now I was even angrier.

"It's your fault. Because of you she never liked me. Because of you, I lost many people dear to me, you always steal the people I love. Your presence disgusted me from the start. Never come to this house again. Just get out." I shout at her with all the pent-up anger in me.

Without speaking a word she ran away. I never saw her again.

Two weeks later when I was in my room my brother came in ."What did you do to her?"He was shouting at me.

"It's been two weeks since she went to school and came out of her room. She is not eating nor sleeping and I know you got something to do with it ."He was really angry.

I looked at him straight in the eyes "Why do you care for her that much? She is not even your own sister ."I tell him with a straight face.

He was also staring at me back "She is the only sister I have and I care for her. You are blinded by your own fault to see her properly and mark my words you will regret in future."Saying this he went out of my room slamming the door.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Word count:1800

Hope you all like this chapter as well. The story is about to start and there are more characters to meet.

What do you feel about Karthik holding a grudge against Adithi? Is it right?
I know you might hate him now as time goes by trust me you will like him.

If you liked the chapter then please vote and comment.

~Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 811 23
Tale of Passion,love, loyalty and purity...... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Started : 9th October 2023 Ended : 28th December 2023 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ {Under Editing}
232K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
62.3K 4K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...
40.6K 3.5K 63
β€’ She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. β€’ Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...