ꜰɪʀᴇ ᴏɴ ꜰɪʀᴇ • ꜰᴏᴜʀ/ᴛᴏʙɪᴀꜱ ᴇᴀ...

By KayleighFlavell

They're both the same. Fiery attitudes. Heart of pain. Icy glares. They are playing a dangerous game. Fire o... More

°ᴄᴀꜱᴛ°
°ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ°
° 1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
A/N:
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
Urgent!

°16°

10.8K 233 218
By KayleighFlavell

Four watched as her body shook slightly, her face neutral. 

His heart was racing a million miles per hour, he was scared for her. 

He didn't know what was gonna happen. 

However, so far all looked good. 

Fear of public humiliation, that sparked a curiosity in him. 

Blair didn't seem to be the one that got embarrassed and scared. 

Then again he didn't seem like the type to get abused, so no judgements. 

They say that your last fear, is your worst. 

The one that tortures you for the rest of your life. 

The one that makes you look at things or people differently. 

It's the hardest one to conquer. 

And it was even harder for Blair. 

Her eyes opened, looking to see her old room back in abnegation. 

Fear instantly rose as she knew what was about to happen, what she was about to re-live. 

She could hear shouting from downstairs, and things being torn apart. 

She crept to her door and opened it slightly, careful not to make any sound. 

She remembered this night, in exact detail. 

She saw no one there and ran to the wall of the cupboard, the cupboard she hid in when her dad got shot...

But she knew she couldn't do that, she knew she had a role to play and that was to pretend she was dauntless.

She reached the top of the stairs, the shouts becoming louder. 

"where's the goddamn box!" one man yelled. 

Blair knew she couldn't go downstairs empty handed, so she searched her parents' room. 

She looked in a shoe box that was stored in a closet, it was hidden away. 

She opened it, and to her surprise, lay a gun. 

It wasn't a fancy one, just a pistol. 

But it was still a gun. 

Why would her dad have a gun?

She shrugged it off, hearing another clatter from downstairs, she raced to the stairs, going down them quietly. 

Luckily the stairs were in the kitchen, and by the sounds of it they were in the living room. 

She could hear her moms quiet yet painful sobs from here.

It broke her heart. 

She slowly edged to the corner, taking a tiny peep. 

And there it was, her parents, her mom and dad kneeling on the floor, and the guys in the black masks. 

Her mom didn't have a gun to her head, but her father did. 

"I'm gonna ask you one last time, where is the box?" the unknown man warned. 

"And I told you. I. Don't. Know." 

Blair definitely got her attitude of her dad, however, that wasn't relevant at this moment. 

"Drop the gun," Blair warned coming from out of the shadows. 

The man stood there, his mouth open a little. 

"how did i miss you?" he muttered. 

"how did you idiots miss her!" he shouted to his men. 

"i don't know, don't care. However, I didn't miss you," she smirked teasingly. 

"now you let my parents go," she nodded towards them. 

"and if not?" he asks. 

"then i'll kill you and all your men myself," she shrugs.  

"that won't happen you see, because my men have guns," he was right, his men did have guns, they pulled them out of their blazers, showing them off. 

"so if you move, bang!" he laughed. 

"how about we fight like real people," she challenged. 

"no weapons," she added. 

"fine." he agreed. 

His two men dropped their weapons, launching for her. 

But Blair being all unbothered, moved to the side and ducked, taking a quick kick to one of the men's private area. 

"ooo, that's gotta sting," she winced, the other two doing the same. 

The other man charged at her, she just moved herself out of the way and watched as he fell to the floor. 

She skipped over to him, taking a foot to his stomach forcefully then straddling him, punching him until his body fell limp, meaning he went unconscious. 

She turned to face the guy who looked at her gobsmacked. 

"so erm, you next?" she asked laughing lightly. 

"no, but your father is," and in the blink of an eye, he shot her father in the head, to then shoot himself in the head. 

"Nooooo," Blair screamed, dropping to her knees. 

Four watched as tears began streaming out from her closed eyes. 

She was crying. 

He watched as she threw herself to the floor, looking at her father who had his eyes open and a fresh bullet to his head. 

His brains and blood everywhere. 

He could now understand why she was the way she was. 

Her fear flashed up on the screen, but Four's face screwed up as it read: 

Fear: the past 

He'd never known anyone with that fear, it was weird, but fitted perfectly for her. 

Blair woke up from the simulation, looking around her, gasping for air. 

She shot up, to have Four's hand squeeze her shoulder, she looked up at him, relief flooding her. 

She felt her cheeks, that were warm and damp, wiping them. 

"you alright?" he asked. 

Blair just looked around her breathing still heavy and fast. 

Jeanine was talking with another Erudite woman, nodding their heads. 

"it all looked good to me, alright?" he reassured her. 

She breathed a sigh of relief, wiping the uninvited sweat that lay on the top of her forehead. 

"come on, let's go," he smiled, looping his arm with hers. 

They walked back to dauntless, but when they entered the building they had to act professional which they both hated a lot. 

She went into the cafeteria, she spotted Lilith on her own and walked to her. 

"hey, haven't seen you this weekend," Lilith's voice was soft as usual. 

"yeah sorry, I had to clear my head," she half lied.

She went off with Four, they kissed. 

But she also steered clear of dauntless, because of what happened to Al. 

"it's understandable, hope your okay now," she smiled wrapping her arm around her shoulders. 

"soo, you and Adrian," Blair wiggled her brows. 

Lilith smiled lightly at her. 

"Oh, he's so cute, I might literally die," Lilith whined. 

"you two would be cute together," Blair hummed. 

"I want to, but I want him to ask," she said stubbornly. 

"Stop being stubborn and ask him out already!" Blair rolled her eyes chuckling. 

"maybe." 

Max came into the cafe, gaining everyone's attention, Adrian had joined them, standing by Lilith. 

Awwww. Blair thought. 

Blair, Lilith and Adrian, had stood on the table, due to there being no room on the floor. 

"congratulations new members of dauntless," max spoke with a proud smile. 

Everyone erupted into cheers and claps. 

The trio were smiling and clapping. 

Blair couldn't believe it, she made it. 

She passed that test. 

The things she thought she couldn't do, she did. 

It was all like a dream come true. 

She smiled lightly, looking down. 

She didn't really believe hugely in God, but she knew that if her dad were to be looking down on her, he'd be proud, and that thought alone made Blair's heart flutter with warmth and love. 

"Dauntless! Dauntless!" People chanted. 

Four watched from across the room as Lilith gave Blair a hug, Blair smiling lightly. 

She kept looking at her shoes smiling sadly to herself. 

His heart ached with pain knowing what she had gone through, knowing what she was currently going through. 

He just wanted to wrap her in his arms and tell she's doing good that he's proud of her and how he'll always love her. 

Sweet things craving to be whispered into her ear by him. 

Blair, Lilith and Adrian had eventually got off the tables and were now walking down one of many dauntless corridors, all of them linking arms. 

"we did it!" lilith exclaimed. 

"yeah we did," adrian smiled at her. 

Blair was happy, she probably didn't look it on the outside, but she was. 

They all made it out into the pit, to see a massive crowd. 

"all right, everyone get in line!" a woman ordered. 

In line? 

For what? 

"come on! everyone in line now!" a man demanded. 

"what's going on?" she asked Lilith and Adrian who just shrugged. 

"All Dauntless initiates report to your command leader," a man on the PA said. 

"All right, listen up!" Eric boomed from the stairs, catching everyone's attention, "before you leave tonight, I want you all to get into four lines, everyone gets a tracking device." 

what the fuck. 

a tracking device? 

for what? 

These were Blair's thoughts. 

"Don't ask questions, just a precaution," Eric tried to reassure. 

"precaution my ass," Blair mumbled to herself. 

Blair watched as people obeyed his orders, getting into four lines. 

The people at the front getting injected with these 'tracking devices'. 

She looked around the room, looking for Four. 

But no Four. 

"do you see Four?" she asked Lilith and Adrian. 

they both glanced around the room, then glancing back at her.

"uhm, no sorry, why?" they both asked. 

"no reason, just wondering," Blair answered shortly putting a stop to their questions. 

Lilith looked at her wiggling her brows, Blair just letting out a stressed sigh with a small laugh. 

Blair sighed, walking out of the lines trying to make an exit. 

But as she turned round the corner she bumped into him. 

Asshole. 

Eric. 

"Congratulations, you should be first in line, but...I'll make it easy for you," Eric looked at her in a proud yet menacing way. 

She scrunched her face up, confused at his words. 

He just nodded, looking behind him. 

But before Blair had a chance to turn around, a cold object pierced her skin making a thump noise. 

She flinched at the sharp pain, looking back at the person who injected her, glaring at them. 

"hurts like a bitch, huh? Now your really one of us," that was all Eric said to her before walking off. 

Blair just held the side of her neck angrily. 

So she went and did what she did best and that was sleep. 

She went to the dorms, getting herself under the blanket and dozing off. 

A/N: Sooooo it's getting to that part, yes that part. Also another quote used from the cast thingy so yay. Ugh Eric, i just wanna shoot him. I don't really know how to feel abt this chapter. But side note, tysmm for 800 + reads, it's so crazy like thank you guys so so much!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.1K 138
This is the second story in a trilogy: Change Of Heart (Book One)-complete To Save A City (Book Two)-complete To Change A City (Book Three)-in prog...
5.6K 340 6
─── ❝I was bound for destruction, now give me the gun.❞ or ─── in which the five-faction divergent leads the instructor through...
72.6K 1.2K 89
I know Divergent no-war stories have been done countless times, but they can never get old. In this fanfic, we will follow the lives of new Dauntless...
255K 4.8K 101
COMPLETED Elena is Candor born but when she turns sixteen and chooses her faction--despite her test results she chooses Dauntless. Upon arriving to D...