The Mimic

By thedoggoesbowwow

"Well, she's a mimic. Y'know, monkey see, monkey do - but a bit more serious." "Yeah, just a bit more serious... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
190
191

71

5K 143 50
By thedoggoesbowwow

Y/n tensed up at the sound of the unfamiliar voice calling her 'princess'. That was what the man in the suit used to call her. Her smile dropped into a frown, sitting up a little straighter. She rested her hands behind her as she tried to figure out a way to get out of the situation. Yes, she could teleport, but then this person would be free to roam the compound, and y/n didn't want anyone to get hurt. Y/n took slow, deep breaths to try and keep calm, but the uneasiness in the pit of her stomach was already beginning to build. She hadn't been called 'princess' in a long time, and it didn't come with the fondest of memories. Y/n slowly stood up, orbs of energy forming in each of her palms. She turned to face the unfamiliar voice, an angry, defensive look o her face to hide the dread. "Who are you?" She asked in a serious tone, prepared to blast the man in a split second.

The stranger just seemed to smile fondly at y/n, clasping his gloved hands together in a calm manner. "A friend of a friend, let's say." He hummed. He was so calm, it was uncomfortable. He didn't even seem scared of the orbs in y/n's palms. Why? "I have a proposition for you. But we can't talk about it here. So, why don't you teleport us out of the compound, hm? My car isn't too far." He offered, not seeming intimidated at all by y/n. 

Y/n scoffed at the offer, a frustrated smile on her face as she watched the stranger. She didn't even know the man, and he wanted her to teleport them away? Yeah, no. Y/n took a few steps toward the man, squaring up to him with a dangerous smile. "And why would I listen to you?" She asked, inches away from him. "I could kill you, right here, right now. Why don't I just do that, hm?" Y/n asked in a venomous tone, circling around the stranger in a casual way. "What power should I use to kill you, hm? Any preference?" Y/n teased, holding her palm out as she flicked between powers. "Go on, give me the reason why I should listen to you." Y/n cooed, booping the stranger's nose to irritate him.

The stranger cleared his throat, allowing y/n to play her little games. He kept a fond smile on his face, rubbing his hands together as if to show that he was cold, despite having a coat and gloves on. Y/n was right, she could kill him. She could kill him in the blink of an eye. But she wasn't going to. "Because," The man begun, slowly reaching into the inside of his coat. A typical person would believe that he'd pull out a gun, but what he actually pulled out seemed to be more heart-stopping than actually getting shot. "I have this." He hummed calmly, holding it in both hands so y/n couldn't snatch it. 

Y/n's face fell at the sight of what he pulled out of his coat. It was her doll. Her 'dolly'. The one that she was forced to leave behind after the explosion. All of her confidence seemed to crumble in seconds, taking a few steps back from the stranger. Her eyes were wide in a mixture of shock and fear, almost forgetting to breathe. "How..." Y/n whispered breathlessly, her guard was completely down, completely focused on the doll in his hands. Her doll. "How did you get that?" She asked, the orbs in her palms disappearing completely. She was almost in a state of shock. After she didn't see the doll at the remembrance site, she suspected it had just been destroyed. To others, it was just a toy. But it wasn't just a toy to y/n. It was the last gift she'd gotten from her parents. The last piece of her real childhood. 

The stranger kept the same calm smile on his face. He knew he had power over y/n now. She was vulnerable. Exactly how he planned. "You can have it if you teleport us out of here, you know. I'm only here to propose something to you, you don't even need to agree. If you don't agree, you get to go back to the compound with you doll. Easy peasy." He hummed, keeping the doll held between both hands. 

Y/n listened to the man carefully, swallowing hard as her eyes stayed fixed on the doll. The offer seemed okay, right? It wasn't like he used any brute force. From what y/n could see, he didn't even have a weapon on him. A distinguished man, one of class. Y/n's mind was completely clouded over. Her sole focus was the doll. She just wanted to hold it again, to see if it still smelt like home. "Okay." She whispered, trying to stop the obvious shake in her voice. All she wanted was her doll back. 

"Good. I'm not here to hurt you. It's just a proposition for you." The stranger cooed, watching as y/n took a few steps toward him. Y/n slowly reached out, setting a hand on the man's arm. It was all going to be fine. She was going to get her doll back. "This might feel a little funny." She murmured. Y/n took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she focused on teleporting herself and the stranger away from the compound.

When y/n opened her eyes again, the pair were in front of a van. Y/n looked over to the man expectantly, causing the stranger to chuckle as he handed the doll over. "Here. Hop in when you're ready." The stranger hummed, patting y/n's shoulder in a comforting way before he begun to walk toward the van. Y/n snatched the doll, her eyes filling with tears of relief as she hugged it close. Her back was to the van as she hugged the doll. Her doll. It still smelt like home. A small smile appeared on y/n's face, feeling like a child again as she hugged the doll. "I told you I'd come back for you." She whispered, not caring that she was talking to a toy, this doll meant so much to her.

Y/n was completely focused on the doll, not even aware of her surroundings. She didn't notice when the back of the van opened, or when the stranger pulled a few items out, and she didn't notice when the man begun to walk up behind her. She was happy, the fleeting moment of serotonin and relief was something she clung to. Completely in her own little world. 

Y/n's eyes widened when something was suddenly wrapped around her neck, quickly reaching up to yank it off, but she couldn't. In a matter of seconds a gas mask was forced over her head. However, instead of it preventing gas from coming in, it prevented oxygen, a thick gas suddenly being pumped into the mask. Y/n dropped her doll, her eyes wide as she tried to gasp in air. She reached out, trying to use her powers to escape and blast the mask off of her, but it wasn't working. Why wasn't it working? Y/n kept trying and trying, squirming around in attempt to escape.

"Don't waste your energy, princess. Your powers don't work with that collar on."

Y/n turned to face the stranger with wide eyes. He still seemed calm, as if y/n wasn't freaking out. The gas continued to pump into the mas, coating y/n's lungs and burning her nose. Every time y/n tried to gasp in air she just took in more of the gas. Tears filled her eyes, still trying her hardest to yank the gas mask off. But it was on tight. 

It didn't take long for the gas to take effect. Y/n's vision begun to blur, seeing double of everything. Her breathing begun to slow down as y/n begun to lose balance. She tried her hardest to stay on her feet, stumbling around as she still tried to take the mask off. The nausea kicked in, barely able to stand as she reached out for support. But when she did, the stranger just stepped out of the way. She struggled to stay awake, more and more of the gas pumping into her lungs. She couldn't even hear what the stranger was saying anymore. Y/n's body gave up, sending her into a pit of darkness as she fell unconscious. Her body hit the concrete hard, if it wasn't for the mask covering the whole of her head she definitely would've cracked her skull open.

The stranger casually stepped around the limp body, tying her hands and feet up. He hummed a quiet song, pulling the mask off of y/n's head before he tossed her into the back of the van as if she was nothing. The van doors slammed shut, and it didn't take long before the stranger begun to drive away, leaving the doll on the roadside. He didn't need it anymore. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 9K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
861 62 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
3K 87 26
Y/n had been Spider-Man for a few years and have save the city from many villains. Until one day Y/n was recruited by Nick Fury to help stop Loki. A...
68.4K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ 1. ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; ᴅɪsɢᴜɪsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...