We are Costellos

由 _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Book-2 of Costello series This is a sequel of the book "I'm a Costello" I would suggest to rea... 更多

A/N
Introduction
(1) One month
(2) Underground Battle
(3) Spies
(4) Lead
(5) Plan
(6) Auction
(7) Strategy
(8) Rescued
(9) Finally home (part 1)
(10) Finally home (part 2)
(11) Yup I'm dating
(12) Chilling Together
(13) Everyone knows
(14) Vladimir dies
(15) Back Home?
(16) Last night in Italy
(17) Squad's bigger now!
(18) Bandits gang
(19) Ben's sister?
(20) Claire meets everyone
(21) Unexpected Attack
(22) The Cobras
(23) Revelations
(24) Mock Fight
(25) Kai's birthday
(26) Chaos in Italy
(27) Attack
(28) Recover
(29) Recover (2)
(30) Angry
(31) Apology accepted
(32) Date
(33) The one after the date
(34) Squad shocked
(35) Killer's Identity
(36) Madison's secret
(37) Mission
(38) Shocking Revelations
(39) Madison Henry Diaz
(40) Family's Complete
(41) Youngest Diaz
(42) Matteo's birthday
(43) Celebration Continues
(44) Funday
(45) Happily saved
(46) One year
(47) Texas
(48) Lunch at Perry's
(49) Attack on Diaz
(50) Clouds of distress
(51) Proposal
(52) Marriage
(53) The special night
(54) Wedding gift
(55) Successful Attack
(56) Sick
(58) Twin bond
(59) Forced Deal
(60) Fight
(61) Meeting Henry
(62) Reunited Diaz family
(63) Revelation(s)
(64) Found him?
(65) Nicolas
(66) WAR- 1
(67) WAR- 2
(68) Hospital
(69) Reminiscence
(70) Awake
(71) The end
Bonus (1)
Bonus (2)
Bonus (3)
THANK YOU
A/N- (Interpretations/ Designs)

(57) Max's birthday

24.2K 718 915
由 _crazy_hooman_

Valentina's POV:

A year later.

This year passed by really quickly to be honest. A bunch of amazing stuffs have happened in this year.

1. The twins graduated..we had a huge party for that along with Noah, Jason, Blake and Cole

2. Ben and Elijah got married!!!

**(A/N: Belijah fans..don't worry I'll put the proposal part in a chapter before the book ends, kinda like a bonus chapter😂)**

3. Enzo and Claire are fully serious about their relationship.

4. Ales and Savannah are expecting!! Sav is two months pregnant! Wuhuu!

**(A/N: Don't worry you'll see the family reactions to that as well in a bonus chapter before the book ends)**

5. My squad and I have grown even more close if that was even possible. We love each other to the core.

6. Our alliances with our fellow mafia and gang friends is stronger than ever.

7. In this year we've had minimal problems with Dimitri and his mafia. All small ones nothing huge. We still haven't encountered him or Kevin or Oliver. We're very cautious and careful though..we know they're planning something huge maybe because there's no way Dimitri has given up.

8. Micheal and I are still head over heels for each other.

9. The youngest Diaz is still not found. All leads are coming to a dead end but Micheal's family hasn't lost hope. Especially Louis and Ava.

We also celebrated bunch of birthdays the whole year but now we're in Italy for the best one. It's the littlest Costello's birthday.

Max is turning 7!

It's obviously a surprise. We came to Italy two days ago. We have organised a party for Max. It's just gonna be family and Max's friends though as everyone wishes it to be an only family event.

Tomorrow Max is gonna turn seven and he is damn happy about that. I am tucking him to bed right now.

"I'm so excited Tina! I'll become seven tomorrow! Can you believe it!", Max said excitedly while I was putting covers over his body.

I chuckled and awed at his excitement.

"I am happy and excited too, but now you have to sleep bud otherwise you'll be sleepy all day tomorrow", I try to reason with him to get him to sleep.

"Okay!", He grinned and closed his eyes.

I smiled shaking my head and quietly leave the room closing the door behind me.

I walk towards my room and saw my younger older brothers sprawled on the bed like they own the place.

"Oh hey guys. Come on in and have a seat", I said sarcastically while walking towards my closet to get my night wear.

My brothers laughed at my comment making me sigh and feel sympathy for myself.

"Oh this is our room as much as it's yours so we can come in whenever we want and do whatever we want", Damon shrugged while doing something on his phone.

I scoff.

"Hey it's true. Brothers come to their sister's room whenever they want and can do whatever they want and leave whenever they want", Marcus stated.

"Not in my house and MY room", I rolled my eyes walking inside the bathroom to change.

"Oh come on Val this is not done. You take our hoodies, video games and stuff from our room and we don't get pissed at you for that", Xavier tried to defend.

He does have a point.

"She also takes my bean bags and then punches me when I ask for it!", Matteo whines dramatically.

"So? and shut up Matteo. You already have so many things that you got on your birthday. If you share some you won't die", I said from the bathroom smiling even though they can't see me.

"So we can and will come to your room like it's ours", Lucas replied to me ignoring mine and Matteo's squabble.

I got out of my bathroom and threw my shoe which was next to it towards my bed and let it hit anyone as it pleases..they all deserve one.

"Ow", Daniel pouts rubbing his nose.

I chuckled and ran and jumped on my bed laying my head on Diego's lap. Everyone else was laughing at Daniel.

"You put Max to bed?", Deigo asked playing with my hair.

"Yup and he is very excited for his birthday", I grin

"Who isn't", Xander smiled.

"Don't mean to sound like an old person but it seems like max was just one yesterday", Marcus smiled at the memory.

"I don't blame you. To me it feels like yesterday he was five years old when I first met him", I smile reminiscing.

Everyone nods and chuckled.

"What do you guys wanna do now?", Deigo asked sighing

We all started thinking about what to do.

"Can I ask a question?", Matteo asked excitedly

"NO", We all yelled at the same time.

"Why?", Matteo asked pouting

"Like you need to ask", Xander muttered shaking his head.

We all chuckled while Matteo started muttering curses under his breath.

"Okay fine ask", I sigh seeing his expression

Everyone groans and some even hit me accusingly.

"Okay so..what did one wall say to the other?", Matteo asked smirking

"Wall? really?", Damon said in disbelief

Matteo nods.

I don't think anyone was even trying to think at this point. It was exhausting really.

"Just say it", Marcus said giving up

"The wall said to the other..meet you at the corner", Matteo said and started laughing

We all look at him with a deadpanned expression and then started hitting him with a pillow, but he was still laughing.

"WHERE GOD? Where does he get these kind of questions", Lucas demanded looking at the ceiling

"And answers", Damon joined him staring upwards as if they will get an answer.

We all then decided to watch a movie as no one wanted to sleep yet. We picked out horrible bosses and started watching it lounging in my room.

After one and half hour of the movie I glanced at my brothers and saw all of them sleeping peacefully.

I smile shaking my head.

"They actually think this is their room", I sigh seeing there is no space for me to sleep on the bed.

Marcus, Matteo and Daniel were already squished in between my other brothers. I sigh and get up from the bed.

I pick up my pillow and quilt and lay it down on the floor. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. I went and opened it to see it was Dad.

"Hey sorry to disturb you tesoro, but I can't find the two sets of twins, triplets or Matteo anywhere. Are they here? It's already late and you better not be playing or something", Dad warned playfully.

"Look for yourself", I chuckled opening the door fully and showing them my brothers.

Dad looked at them and laughed quietly.

"Your sons and nephews think they own this room. I request you to disown them", I sigh rolling my eyes.

"They like your room Val", Dad chuckled shrugging.

"Yeah that's because unlike some people I keep my room clean and not like a garbage can!", I exclaimed quietly.

Dad snickers enjoying this.

"But look at them all cute and funny sleeping on each other like that", Dad smiled fondly.

"They're not cute and funny when they snore and fart in their sleep Dad", I rolled my eyes crossing my arms.

Dad laughed more.

"Oh I'm so sorry bambina", Dad smiled apologetically.

"No big deal Dad. I'm actually used to it by now though I won't admit it to them. Matteo and the twins come and sleep in my room whenever they feel like it back in New York. It's my luck Elijah and Ales got married so they don't come anymore like they own the place and Enzo has Claire over at many times so he's out too", I sigh exhasperated.

Dad snickers and shakes his head.

"Well you're the only sister what to do. If I had one I'm sure Alfonso, Francesco, Luciano and I would be doing the same thing too", Dad chuckled.

I smile nodding my head.

"So what now? You're sleeping on the floor?", Dad asked looking at my bed on the floor.

"Yeah. I don't plan on getting kicked, punched or being farted at during the night after sleeping on that bed", I fake shudder.

"Oh then come and sleep in my room or the guest room if you want", Dad suggested.

"Nah Dad. There's a reason they all sleep here. They like my sheets and pillows. I like them too. I don't mind sleeping on the floor", I smile

Dad laughs nodding.

"Okay then good night", Dad wished me and walked towards his room.

I close the door and go to sleep.

I wake up by myself in the morning and remember the first thing that it's Max's birthday. I got up and glanced at my bed and saw my brothers still sleeping.

They were in such weird positions which made me wonder about how are they even able to sleep like that.

Matteo was almost on top of Damon. Lucas was half out of bed. Daniel's butt was near Xavier's face. Xander's one hand and one leg were outside the bed and rest on top of Deigo. Marcus was still squished Between Damon and Lucas.

I take a picture of them silently snickering.

My cousins had slept over at our house yesterday so that Uncle Francesco's mansion can be decorated peacefully without Max's knowledge.

I picked up my phone and texted good morning with hearts to Micheal and then headed downstairs for breakfast. I yawn and walk towards our kitchen to find empty.

"Wow that's a first", I mutter to myself because it's never been once that I have woken up first.

Not once.

I decided to make some breakfast. I made some food of everyone to eat. I made toast for myself as I was not very hungry.

I was just getting mine on my plate when I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen.

Enzo walked inside sleepily. He glanced at the food and then me and smiled.

"Thanks Val for making this. I really wasn't in the mood to make breakfast today", Enzo yawned happily and sat down to eat.

I smile at him and get my own food and sit down.

"Good morning", Sav greeted us.

We look at her and Ales walking in hand in hand smiling at us.

"Good morning", Enzo and I smile at them.

They walked towards their seat and Ales was looking at Sav and helping her to her seat next to me. Since he heard he was becoming a father he had been taking extra care of Sav.

Sav complains a lot to him about how she is just two months pregnant right now and can do everything herself without needing help. But Ales has stubborn Costello blood running in his veins. He never listens to her. Sav has given up now.

"How is the little nugget doing?", I asked smiling.

"Ahh just swimming around is what I'm assuming", Savannah shrugged.

I laughed along with Enzo and Ales. Savannah started eating like she was really hungry. I don't blame her. She is eating for two.

"Good morning little nugget! It's auntie Val", I cooed at Sav's stomach and rubbed her belly.

Savannah was smiling adoringly at me. Enzo and Ales looked amused.

"Oh please don't look at me like that Ales. I'm sure you also talk to the little one just like me", I roll my eyes still rubbing Sav's belly softly.

"I do. But you look funny when you do" Ales chuckled teasingly

I show my tongue to him. Real mature..I know.

Everyone of my family came down one by one and we had breakfast.

"Go wake up your cousins and then Max. It's his birthday", Dad smiled reminding us.

"Oh yeah!", Ben grins.

"Come on guys let's wake up our brothers", I wiggle my eyebrows smirking.

Xavier, Xander and Matteo smirked back and we four ran upstairs before our elder brothers spoil the fun.

We entered my room and looked at our cousins sleeping peacefully.

"One", I whispered
"Two", Matteo whispered grinning
"Three", Xavier nods smirking

"HULK SMASH", Xander yells and we four jump on them.

"Ahh", Marcus let out a weirdly pitched scream

"Oof", Damon grunted.

"What the ow", Lucas winced

"Huh?", Deigo muttered groggily.

They all looked at us with anger and annoyance while rubbing their eyes.

"Monster! Monster!", Daniel shrieked suddenly

We all turn to look at him waking up screaming and looking around and glaring at Matteo was had a cheeky grin on his face.

"Dammit Matteo! Who blows creepily in someone's ear?!", Daniel screeches

"Duh me", Matteo shrugged.

Everyone groaned and glared at those two.

"Too early for this", Damon mumbled

"May I ask why are you idiots jumping on us as if floor is lava", Lucas growls.

"Sure you can", I nod and shrug.

"Val", Deigo warned while me and my own brothers laugh.

"Okay okay! We came to wake you up as we all are going to wake up Max as it's his birthday", I grin.

Their faces brighten immediately.

"Okay come on!", Marcus excitedly gets off the bed but falls face first as his legs were entangled in the sheets.

We all winced in unison looking at him.

"I'm fine! I'm fine", Marcus gets up with his hands raised.

"Okay let's go", Xander said shaking his head.

"You should have woken us up sooner!", Daniel shakes his head with disappointment and walked out of the room.

"Yeah guys seriously", Damon sighs dramatically and walked out next.

"So careless", Deigo muttered and left.

Me and my brothers looked at the triplets in disbelief.

"Come on", Lucas chuckled and pulled us all towards Max's room.

All my brothers were already there waiting for us. Max was sleeping cutely on his bed.

"Finally!", Emilio exhasperated quietly looking at us.

"What took you so long?", Angelo frowned

Matteo was gonna reply when Mark interrupted him.

"You were asked to wake them up quickly guys", Mark shakes his head sighing.

Matteo was gonna reply back to him when Leo interrupted.

"Seriously? What took you so long?", Leo asked

Matteo was interrupted again before he spoke.

"Anyways now that everyone is here. Let's wake him up", Ales smiled.

I looked at Matteo who huffed and crossed his arms in annoyance.

"Why do they ask us questions when they can't hear answers?", Matteo whispered irritated to me.

I chuckled.

Antonio then sat next to Max's sleeping figure on his bed while all of us surrounded them.

"Hey bud wake up", Antonio smiled softly and shakes Max gently.

Max whines and hides his face in the pillow making us chuckle.

"Max come on its time to wake up", Antonio said softly.

Max grumbled something and shifted a bit and hugged Antonio's lap and layed their going back to sleep.

We all smile at his cuteness.

"Well someone doesn't look in the mood to wake up I see. Okay come on guys lets cut and eat the birthday cake", Ales tried to bribe Max to wake him up.

Max was up in a second.

"It's my birthday! Don't eat my cake!", Max frowned.

We laugh and look at each other and nod.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday! Happy birthday! Happy birthday to youuu", We all sing and clap our hands at the end.

Max was grinning happily looking at all of us.

"Thank you so much everyone", Max smiled wide.

Antonio kissed Max's head and hugged him tight. Max excitedly hugged his elder brother back.

"Group hug!", Enzo yells happily

We all chuckled and joined the hug. I kiss Max's forehead while in the hug. He grinned wide.

We all then asked him to get ready and come down soon. I had bought him some new clothes and asked him to wear anything from it.

We all got ready ourselves and headed downstairs. Everyone was ready to go to Uncle Francesco's party.

It was time to go now but it had to be a surprise for Max so we needed to plan it that way.

"Okay Val I think you should take Max somewhere with you for ten minutes and then drive him to the mansion", Tony suggested

"Yeah till then we all will go there and check if everything's ready so when you come with him it'll be the best surprise bud's ever got", Stephano nods happily.

"Done", I nod smiling.

"Okay fine let's go before he comes down and asks us million questions about what will we do today", Dad chuckled

Everyone laughs and leaves nodding at me. I hear their cars leave the driveway.

I wait for Max to come down. I was whistling and texting Micheal who was all the back in America when I heard a loud BOO!

I gasp and turn and see my little brother laughing his ass off looking at me. He was wearing his new button up white shirt with denim jacket and black jeans Sav got for him.

"Oh my god... hahahaha. You should have seen your face Tina", Max was wheezing.

I roll my eyes smiling and shake my head.

"You're taking after me I see anyway let's go", I mutter smiling.

"Where to and where is everyone else?", Max asked curiously looking here and there.

"They had some work at the company bud so they had to leave. They will try to come back as soon as possible", I lied and fake smile apologetically.

Max gawks at me in disbelief.

"What?! Are you serious? They all went to work on my birthday? Even Uncle V? Come on Tina this is not done! One day I requested everyone to stay at home and they didn't even do that?", Max said very upset.

I felt bad to see him this sad but then in some time he was gonna get very happy so I was in for it.

"I'm sorry bud. They were sorry too. But you have to understand work is important", I said knowing he's gonna get more pissed at that.

"Yeah I know that trust me! Everyday they're working! Sometimes I don't even see them whole day. But am I not important too? I don't wanna sound like a bratty kid but it's my birthday and you're telling me they'll try to come soon. Just one day they couldn't take off?", Max said very sadly and annoyed.

I sigh feeling bad now.

"They'll be home soon now come on let's go get some icecream and then go see our parents", I smile at him.

"Let's just go home to see our parents. I don't want icecream. I'm sure our brothers told you to take me so that my mood's not off. They're just trying to make up for leaving", Max frowned crossing his arms.

Smart kid.

"Oh come on bud don't spoil your mood. It's your birthday let's enjoy it and I know you want icecream", I grin wiggling my eyebrows.

Max looked at me and chuckled.

"Fine let's go", Max sighs.

I cheer and we leave the house and get in my car. I drive towards Jenny's, one of our favourite icecream shops. It's a very small cafe kinda place but it's very homey.

We get inside and get our orders and go get a table and have our icecream happily after I payed for them.

"This is literally the best icecream tina. I feel like it just gets better and better everyday. Our brothers are surely missing this", Max grins eating his icecream.

I nod agreeing and felt a buzz from my phone in the pocket.

I check my phone and saw Matteo's text to come home now. I reply back and continue to eat my icecream.

We both finish our icecream then leave the place.

"Let's go home", I smile at him starting the car.

He nods and looks out of the window. I drive us towards Uncle Francesco's mansion. All the way Max didn't speak much but he didn't look angry or something too.

We soon reach home. We park our car and get out. The guards standing there wished Max a happy birthday. He smiled and thanked all of them.

He walked in front of me to the main door and I let him. I had texted Matteo that we had reached as I parked the car so they have a heads up.

Max opens the door and walked towards the living room with me behind him.

"Daaad! Mooom! We're home!", Max called out but no response came back.

Max frowned and opened the living room doors and gasps seeing everything. Even I almost gasp. It looked so beautiful. All the decorations and everything.

"They really have some talent apart from killing in style", I mutter to myself amused.

I knew everyone was hidden in some place in the living room to surprise Max. I controlled my laugh and walked inside with Max.

Max was admiring the view with a fascinated expression on his face when everyone jumped out.

"SURPRISE!", All my brothers, Dad, grandparents, Uncles and Aunts jump out of their hideouts shouting in excitement.

Max gasps loudly with his eyes wide and mouth open. He turned and looked at me shocked.

"Surprise", I shrugged chuckling.

Max starting smiling slowly and he looked back forward at them and back at me.

"You knew about this", Max jumps in excitement and hugs me.

I snicker and kiss his head and nod.

"Ahhhh. This is so amazing!", Max squeals and runs towards his parents.

Everyone chuckled and awed at his cuteness and excitement. My brothers looked really happy.

Uncle Francesco immediately pick him up and kiss his cheek. Aunt Elisa smiled fondly at his son on her husband's arms.

"Happy Birthday my son", Uncle Francesco smiled widely.

"Happy Birthday sweetie!", Aunt Elisa grins kissing Max's cheek.

"Thank you so much mom and Dad", Max gave a toothy grin.

"Make way for the favourite Uncle to wish his favourite nephew!!", Uncle Luciano laughs pushing my elder brothers out of the way.

They all gawked at him and I was pretty sure it was not because of the playful push but because of the reveal of his favourite nephew.

"That hurt Uncle", they all said in unison clearly offended

"Well its the truth", Uncle Luciano shrugged while hugging and wishing max who was giggling.

The oldies especially Dad and Uncle Alfonso were looking at my brothers amused. I was laughing my ass off though.

"Well me and Val are lucky in that case I guess", Angelo smirked

"Huh?", Emilio asked confused

"Angelo is Uncle's only son so no chance of favouritism there and Val is his only niece so same there as well", Enzo replied frowning

Angelo and I laughed and highfived. My brothers rolled their eyes.

"Atleast there are some perks of being the only daughter in the family", I sigh and flip my hair to tease them.

They all huff and roll their eyes.

"Happy Birthday to my youngest grandson!", Grandpa smiled brightly and picked up Max to hug him.

"Thanks grandpa!", Max giggles and hugs him.

One by one everyone hugs him and wishes him.

"Now one last surprise for the birthday boy is coming up!", Emilio announced dramatically.

Max gasps and jumps in the air excitedly.

"Really? What is it?", Max asked enthusiastically.

"Come on it's a surprise", Xander came and put his hand on Max's eyes.

"But how will I see my surprise if you cover my eyes Xandy", Max pouts.

"I will remove my hands when we reach the backyard of course. Your surprise is there bud", Xander laughs.

We all smile and walk towards the backyard. I walked out first and admired the view. It was fully decorated like a kid's party. Pinatas and all. Cake, food what not.

This is what I love about our mansions in Italy. We have such huge backyards and land that we can do anything here.

But the best part was Max's five friends standing there ready to surprise him. They were two girls and three boys.

I smiled wide and turned to look at Max who had now arrived in our huge backyard. Xander uncovered his eyes and Max looked ahead at everything and gawks

"Oh my god!", Max yells in shock and happiness seeing his friends.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAXY BOY", All his friends yell in happiness and ran towards him and pounce on him.

They all fell down but were laughing and enjoying it. My family and I chuckled looking at them.

"Ahh get up. You're all heavy", Max grunted making his friends laugh more.

Ben and Elijah helped them get up laughing themselves. They all stood up and wished Max once again.

"Thank you so much guys! I didn't think you'll come to see me! You said you're all busy", Max asked smiling wide.

Like seven year olds can get busy...

"We wouldn't miss this for anything", One boy smiled politely.

"Yeah we were just trying to keep it a surprise so we didn't tell you", One girl shrugged.

"Well to me it was the free food calling", One boy grinned drooling at the cake.

All his friends smack him together while the rest of us were laughing loudly.

"The boy got his priorities straight!", Daniel snickers.

"I like him already", Xavier laughs his ass off.

Ofcourse he does..

"This boy I swear", another girl shakes her head in frustration looking at the foody guy.

Everyone chuckled.

"Max aren't you gonna introduce them to us?", Mark asked smiling

"Oh yeah come on guys!", Max said excitedly pulling his friends towards us.

"So this is Hunter", Max smiled pointing at the foody guy.

"Heya", He waved happily.

"This is Riley", Max pointed to a girl.

"Nice to meet you", She smiled and nodded.

"This is Wesley", Max pointed at the polite boy.

"Call me Wes", He waved and smiled.

"This is Alice", Max pointed to the second girl.

"Good to see you", She nods and smiled at us.

"Last but not the least.. Nicolas", Max points at the last boy smiling.

He gave us a small smile and waved.

"And guys this is my family. You've already met my parents and brothers before. But they all are my uncles, aunt, grandparents", Max said excitedly pointing at the oldies.

His friends smile at them.

"And these are my 11 cousin brothers and sister who I love the most", Max jumps happily pointing at my brothers and me.

His friends looked at us with wide eyes.

"I can really imagine now after all the times you've said you are the youngest of your family and have many siblings.. wow", Alice said shocked looking at us one by one.

"My god..damn you have a huge family", Hunter said in wow.

We all chuckled.

"Hey everyone thanks for coming", I grinned at all of them.

They all look at me and Max runs to me.

"And this is my one and only sister. Tina. I mean.. Valentina for you", Max said hugging me.

I chuckled and kissed Max's head. His friends look at me with wide eyes.

"So you're the famous Valentina", Riley grinned.

"Max has told us so much about you! He always talks about how he misses you", Wes smiled politely

My brothers awed at Max who was now hiding his face in embarrassment on my stomach.

"Aww I missed you too Maxy boy", I smirk teasing him more.

His friends laugh their asses off hearing me. Max gawks at me then glared at his friends.

"I told you not to call me that in front of others!", Max scolds them.

"When have we ever listened to you", Nicolas shrugged smirking.

My brothers laugh more and tease Max who was blushing hard. The oldies looked at us amused and then left to go back inside the house to let us enjoy.

We cut the cake, ate food, danced and played games. I spent time with all of Max's friends. They all seemed really good. I looked at the last one I haven't spoken to really.

I walk towards him. He was sitting on one of the chairs looking at everyone dancing and laughing. I discreetly sat down next to him.

"Taking a breather?", I ask smiling softly.

He looked at me surprised.

"Oh ah..no um just sitting", Nicolas smiled a bit.

"You sure? You've been here for a while now", I ask smiling curiously.

He looked ahead and then back at me hesitantly

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to", I smiled assuringly.

"No! No..uh it's not that. I'm just not..a people person. I generally don't attend parties or gathering or something. I only came because it was my best friend's birthday", He shrugged awkward.

"That's fine. You might not be a people person but you sure as hell made some really good friends. Besides I understand the situation there...my brothers are pigs and elephants combined. It's really better to watch them from here rather get trampled there", I fake shudder to ease him up.

He laughed..he actually laughed. Since he came here I haven't seen him like this. I was happy.

I saw Wes, Riley, Max, Hunter and Alice looking at Nicolas shocked from a bit far away. Then they looked at each other, then me and they smiled happily.

I smile and look at Nicolas. His laugh turned into chuckles now. He got his breath back and smiled at me. Then suddenly his face held realisation and his eyes went wide.

"See my brothers can make anyone laugh at them..they are really clowns but I love them", I shrug and try to not make him self conscious.

He nods at me smiling a bit. We sat there in silence for a while. It was comfortable and watched my brothers and his friends get along.

"Max is right", Nicolas whispers suddenly.

I look at him questioningly.

"Like Wes mentioned earlier. Max talks a lot about his one sister. I sometimes felt like he's probably praising you so much because he loves you, but now I see that it's all true after experiencing it first hand", Nicolas smiled softly.

I smile back at him.

"I..um haven't gotten along with any stranger this fast let alone laughed with them. Heck I gave my friends a hard time getting along with them in the start. But now I really care a lot about them. You're really a very sweet person Val. Thanks for helping me feel comfortable", He smiled gratefully at me.

"Hey no big deal", I shrug chuckling.

We then enjoyed the party and soon it was time for Max's friends to leave.

"Thank you so much for coming. It was one of the best days of my life", Max hugs his friends thankfully.

"Of course Maxy", Nicolas smiled cheekily.

Max glared at him while everyone else laughs.

"I really had a lot of fun with your siblings Max. They're so cool", Hunter grinned.

My brothers puffed their chest.

"Someone values us", Xavier fake sniffed dramatically.

I rolled my eyes.

"Which one Hunter? I have 19 of them", Max asked smirking.

"All of them", Hunter frowned.

"Really? Name them then", Riley smiled mischievously.

"What are you challenging me huh?", Hunter said competitively.

"Hunt you can't even remember what today's day is..so yeah we're challenging you", Alice shrugged.

I snicker.

"Yeah? Just wait and watch um..", Hunter squinted his eyes at all of us one by one.

His friends were smiling smugly at him while my brothers were stifling their laughs.

"That! That's Valentina!", Hunter grinned pointing at me.

Me and my brothers laugh loudly.

"What?! Are you serious?! That doesn't count!", Wes exclaimed.

"Exactly! Hunt I have only one sister. Of course you remember her name. I want you to tell me one of my brother's name", Max frowned crossing his arms.

"You challenged me to name a sibling. I named one. I won", Hunter grinned cheekily and shrugged.

We all started laughing loudly while his friends huff and roll their eyes.

"Smart move", Lucas chuckled.

They all then left and we were now in the living room chilling. Max opened all his gifts and enjoyed the rest of the day.

As the day got over and it was nap time I was tucking Max on his bed. He had a lot of fun so he was sleepy.

"You know Nico really liked you a lot", Max smiled fondly.

"He did?", I smile.

"Yeah. He never talks or likes anyone so fast you know. He mostly ignores everyone except us friends", Max nods smiling.

"How did you became friends then?", I ask curiously.

"It's actually a funny story. We were all grouped by our teacher when we had an outdoor activity. Wes, Ri, Al, Hunt and I got along almost immediately. But Nico would only keep to himself. We tried to include him in our conversation and stuff but he would just ignore us. We were persistent though. We never gave up so at one moment he even snapped at us but we still didn't give up. We all for some reason liked him. He did not have any friends and we wanted to add him to our group. The next whole week of school we all would roam around him, eat lunch on his table and follow him everywhere..even toilet.. hunter did that. He used to get frustrated but we were adamant. He eventually got used to us somehow and one day he got emotional and said sorry to us for being rude and thanked us for not giving up on him to be our friend. Since that day we all have been very close. We all care a lot about each other but Nico cares the most as he is quite protective over us. My friends also admitted that they were really surprised and happy to see him getting along with you so easily", Max explained grinning.

I smile at the story. It's really sweet. I like that boy.

"Well I'm really happy seeing you have such wonderful friends", I smile.

"Me too", Max nods and then in no time drifted off to sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you like this chapter and the time lapse!

Please vote!

Also, some action can be expected in the upcoming chapter 😉

Stay tuned

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

888K 19.2K 48
17 year old Adrianna Costello has been through hell and back. Now she is on top and feared along with her two best friends. The catch, no one knows w...
49.1K 691 15
Gabriella is a 16 year old girl who lived with her adopted mom. Well, this was before she unfortunately passed away. Gabby was sent to live with her...
1.1M 27K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...
827K 29.2K 59
Sequel to The Family I Hate. COMPLETE ✅ You gotta read that book first or this will make no sense. ___________ "You'...