The Magic Cube [BOOK TWO]

By Dark-Lantern

Two squads, fighting for the Magic Cube... Cyclops, being in one of those two squads, attempted to seek help... More

F̲o̲r̲e̲w̲o̲r̲d̲
Teaser
Chapter 1: An owl's crash
Chapter 2: A cat's stumble
Chapter 3: The Starsoul Magician
Chapter 4: Demon Sense
Chapter 5: The fiend reborn
Chapter 6: Mecha squad
Chapter 7: No one
Chapter 8: Trusting your team
Chapter 9: Evil Tale
Chapter 10: Life or death
Chapter 11: Sacrifice
Chapter 12: Emperor Scorpion's Pledge
Chapter 13: One more chance
Chapter 14: The Cube's Code
Chapter 15: Stellar Magician
Chapter 16: Stellaris Ghost
Chapter 17: Prince in shining armor
Chapter 19: Another problem

Chapter 18: Magic Madness

100 5 0
By Dark-Lantern

Dr. Bob holding the glowing cube with Angela by his side, arms pinned behind her back.

Could this get any worse?

Harley was paralyzed with shock. "H-how?" he managed to say.

Dr. Bob chuckled. "The riddle you solved was the key to the cube; Dark magic." he glanced at the cube. "And you thought that there were booby traps."

Gusion glared at him angrily and Harith growled. 

"But now, the cube..." Dr. Bob held it above his head. "is mine."

Bright flashes of light started to flash in the room and blind the trio momentarily. As soon as the light show ended, Dr. Bob was gone, in his place was a man with glowing navy hair like the night sky, his lab coat was replaced by a tight suit that shined brightly. And he has glittering blue eyes just like the magic cube which is now in his hand. His other mechanical hand grasped Angela tightly.

The trio was shocked.

Dr. Bob chuckled. "Don't look so surprised, all thanks to your little demon friend's dark magic, the cube is unlocked." his eyes flashed dangerously. "so... why don't I try this dark magic..."

The trio flinched since they knew what he meant by that. Dr. Bob held the cube in front of him and it started to glow brighter.

Gusion, Harley, and Harith closed their eyes tightly, not because of the light, it's because they're waiting for the fatal blow.

But someone stepped in between Dr. Bob and the trio and threw a grenade at Dr. Bob, it exploded with enough force to knock him off his feet, but not enough to knock him out.

Angela landed beside him, then she got up and kept her distance between him. The cube was still clutched tightly in Dr. Bob's hand. He got up and saw Lesley holding her enormous sniper rifle and she had a yellowish tint to herself.

She looked back and saw the boys looking at her with stunned expressions on their faces.

"Wait, you guys can see her?"

"Why not, she's literally in front of us, Harley," Harith said.

Harley looked away from the leonin to Lesley and gave her a look that says: "How?"

Lesley however, didn't reply with her look and turned back to face Dr. Bob who got up. Then, without warning,  he disappeared into puffs of blue smoke.

After a moment of silence, Harith broke it.

"Where did he go?"

A loud crash outside answered him.

The group turned to the window to see Dr. Bob hovering with the magic cube, and everything around him was on fire.

Harith swore under his breath.

"We gotta do something." Harley turned away from the window.

"But what can we do?" Harith asked. "Our magic can't beat up that maniac's one."

Harley turned to look him straight in the eye. "Then I gotta do it."

Harith looked back, incredulous. "You think you can?"

The mage stared at his feet. "No, because I need help, so I can do it." he looked up at his friend's face.

Harith felt something weird in the pit of his stomach.

"If you need help, we're here." Gusion put a hand on Harley's shoulder.

Angela fluttered next to him. "I think you need support."

Harley smiled then turned to his sister.

"Tell everyone in the weapon room to get out of the building then hold of Dr. Bob." he looked back to the window and saw the chaos below. "I think I have a plan to take away those powers Dr. Bob has now."

"Okay, but someone needs to attend to Dyrroth first," said Gusion.

🧊

Dr. Bob was hovering above Zlatan while setting fire and explosions everywhere but the Saber building. The peculiar thing was, citizens, are not running around screaming because they're not there.

They disappeared.

This must be something to do with the cube. Dr. Bob thought.

Then the front door of the Saber building exploded and fifteen people emerged holding their weapons.

Dr. Bob sniggered. "You think you all can stop me?"

None of them seemed to hear Dr. Bob because he was 7 meters above the air.

Harith rushed out of the Saber building and pulled Lylia and Nana aside. 

"I need your help." he panted.

🧊

The Venom Octopus was on the rooftop, his black hair blowing against the wind. His eyes were on Dr. Bob. He thought of every spell he could use, then he drew in a deep breath. Once he exhaled, he ran towards the edge of the rooftop and jumped. Then he's eyes bulged.

Wait, I didn't even try to cast the spell with my hands to be sure yet-

He fell at an extremely fast speed and everyone below gasped as they noticed. Just as Harley thought he was gonna die, he opened his eyes and saw that he was standing on a purple card, in thin air. Harley sighed with relief.

Then he continued to run in midair as more purple cards popped out of thin air under his feet to support him.

Apparently, Dr. Bob didn't notice as he gazed into the glowing blue cube. But to his surprise, he swiveled and shot a beam of bright blue light in Harley's direction. He ducked in the nick of time.

Then everything happened all at once. Everyone below them started to attack. Chang'e who sat on a big recent moon started shooting stars above. Diggie threw time bombs the shape of owls and they exploded which released colored smoke. Then Gusion threw a glowing green dagger which missed Dr. Bob by inches.

Hanabi crawled up the buildings near the area and threw an unidentified object into the smoke, which bounced of the shield.

Everyone tried to attack Dr. Bob, but everything just bounces off his shield. And they barely got hit when Ruby threw her blue scythe at the shield which flew back like a boomerang.

Dr. Bob howled with laughter while watching their attempts. "You fools think you could stop me?" For a brief moment he has forgotten about the Genius mage, but he swiveled to find him gone.

"Hey, cube head!"

Dr. Bob turned back to see Harith standing on an enormous yellow note, heading towards him. "Take this!" he threw a silver ball at Dr. Bob who deflected it easily.

"You think that can stop me?"

Harith smirked. "And when did I say that?"

Lylia appeared walking in thin air with nothing to support her. She pointed her microphone in Dr. Bob's direction and out came a yellow note which exploded in his face.

 The smoke cleared and he was still in one piece. Dr. Bob snorted to make his point clear. But Nana came on a flying mecha boomerang. She threw her original boomerang at him but he deflected that easily.

"And you think that can stop me?"

The trio cast a glance at each other.

"Nope, but maybe he can," Harith smirked.

For a moment, Dr. Bob was perplexed, then a bright flash of rainbow light interrupted his thoughts and hit him, it exploded leaving rainbow smokes shaped like a star.

Harley grinned. "He didn't even have a shield behind him."

The smoke cleared and Harley's face dropped. Dr. Bob was still in one piece and the cube in his hands glowed a magnificent blue. He glared at Harley.

"Okay, that's enough fun kids, time for some action." the cube realized a bright blue explosion which knocked Harith, Nana, and Lylia off as they fell to the ground.

Harley was protected because of the circle of cards that surrounded him. It disappeared once he lowered his hands. And at that moment, Dr. Bob's mechanical hand stretched out and grabbed Harley, The hand expanded to wrap around him.

Harley struggled at the long and stretched metal fingers around his body.

Dr. Bob let out an evil cackle. "It takes a lot more than that to stop me."

When Harley thought he was finished, something hit Dr. Bob's robot hand and it let go of Harley as he landed on the cards which appeared under his feet again. He looked down and saw Lesley with her sniper rifle raised.

"Nobody touches my little brother," she whispered to Dr. Bob who lip-read her.

He cackled. "What if I touch you?" as he said those words, something blue rose from the ground around Lesley and it completely covered her. Once it went back to where it came from, she was gone. What was left was her sniper rifle.

"LESLEY!!" Harley heard himself scream, but it was Gusion not him. He ran towards Lesley's sniper rifle as Dr. Bob cackled.

As he landed on the ground, the cards disappeared.

Harley ran towards the rifle on the ground. He wasn't bothered that she was gone because that was a phantom version of her. He knew the real Lesley was safe. Harley picked up the enormous sniper Rifle which was strangely light to his hands. As he did, the carvings on the rifle glowed rainbow for a moment.

The mage got up to face Dr. bob who was 7 meters high. Dr. Bob leered down at him and the mage returned it with a scowl.

"And nobody..." the carvings on the rifle glowed rainbow again. "Touches my sister."

Then before everyone knew it, a rainbow bullet penetrated Dr. Bob's shield. Even Harley was surprised.

"The cube doesn't belong to you, and it's my job to get it back," then he leaped into the air and another purple card popped under his feet. He continued to leap into the air towards Dr. Bob.

Imagine if Lesley wasn't a phantom, then he would have his head on the wall. But Harley didn't want to kill this man, he wanted to stop him.

Then Dr. Bob summoned a powerful force of the wind that almost knocked Harley off his feet. He disappeared with a poof all of a sudden, leaving Dr. Bob baffled and slightly alarmed. He swiveled in the nick of time to see Harley about to shoot him with the rifle.

But Dr. Bob knocked it out of his hands with his robotic hand. It fell below, just as Harley thought it was gonna hit the ground, it landed on the head of a yellow flying note.

Harley sighed with relief. "Good boy Gloom," he whispered.

The mage got up once more to face Dr. Bob who leered at him. "Nobody can ever stop me. the cube's power is too strong, and you kid, you're no match for it."

Harley smirked. "True, but can you beat me without the cube? If you can then let it go."

Dr. Bob snorted. "Of course I can- Oh wait, I see what you're planning there, boy." he snorted. "You think I'm dumb enough to fall for that?"

Harley shook his head. "No, it was enough to distract you."

Dr. Bob's next insult was cut off as Harith snatch the cube from the doctor's hands. Before their eyes, he started to grow back to the doctor he was before. Dr. Bob couldn't hover anymore and fell to the ground. But Harley summoned a mattress before he hit the ground.

Harley thought he would be feeling hate as he looked at the terrified doctor on the mattress, but all he felt was, pity.

"We did it!" Harith cheered. 

Then a purple streak of light came out of the cube and went into the front door of the Saber building. It made its way to its former host, Dyrroth. As the magic went inside him, he jerked awake. 

Dyrroth got up and went to Dr. Bob's bedroom window to watch the scene before him.

"Good always wins, because everyone loves a happy ending." he looked at Dr. Bob on the mattress. "Even if you managed to win, what would you have in the end?"

Citizens started to come out of their homes and shops, the sun started to rise on the horizon and it shined on everyone's backs and faces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.1K 27
Ninjago- Kai x Reader --- "What are you so scared of to not answer a stupid simple question!?" I yell back angrily. He didnt reply. "Just fucking an...
3.2K 94 30
The war had begun Brainiac the number one villain that everyone hates, Two babies are born on the same day and the same time. One night in Gotham Bat...
842 33 6
Ren's return from juvenile hall finally gave the Thieves the chance they had to talk about why Mementos still exists, despite Yaldabaoth's fall. When...
8.4K 319 35
(Tw- Murder, death, etc.) ✿"Have you seen a girl who is named (Y/n) that has (H/c), (E/c) and has a little bit of a red stripe in her hair?" "You mea...