Chapter 9: Evil Tale

"Do you mind telling us what the Venom force wants and who is Dr. Bob?" Ruby asked the five Saber members before her.

They took a moment to process the question. (Except Johnson is outside of the building murmuring about who knows what)

"Dr. Bob is the founder of the Saber squad," said Layla.

"Want they want is the Magic Cube.," said Saber. "it offers great power to the one who opens it, and that person will become invisible."

"We protect the cube from the Venom Force who tries to take it from us, we have a suspicion that they know how to open it," said Cyclops.

"But Harley wouldn't do such a thing," Chang'e objected. "anyways, he's just a kid."

"One day, I teamed up with them and they disappeared just like that," Dyrroth murmured.

Ruby, who caught what he was saying, shot him a look. "Why did they even help you anyway?"

Dyrroth bit his lip. "So I will help them on this quest to get the magic cube."

Ruby looked as if she wanted to throw him out of the window.

"So all we have to do is stop the Venom squad, save Harley and everything will be alright?" Harith said. "Right?"

Cyclops stood on his chair and a holographic image of the Venom squad came out of his tablet.

"Venom, one of the villains that we never faced in our lives, " Cyclops explained. "we don't know why they hate us, but all we know is that their top priority is getting the magic cube."

Cyclops swiped his tablet screen and the image of the Venom squad changed to focus on one member.

"Poisonous Venom Nephlia," said Cyclops. "she is known for her swiftness and the way she traps people, not much is known about her."

He swiped the tablet screen and it focused on the giant lizard carrying the gas tank.

"Venom Monitor Lizard," said Cyclops. "his appearance gives me a fright, but the gas tank he carries behind his back really turns out the lights."

Cyclops swiped the screen again and it focused on the silver-haired guy.

"Oh we know this guy," Cyclops pointed at the holographic version of the silver-haired guy. "Gusion, ex-member of the Saber squad, he went missing in our former base which went on fire, he went back there but never came out, we thought he died until we meet him again after 2 months." he rolled his eyes. "Venom Emperor Scorpion."

Cyclops swiped the screen. "Adorable Venom Vespid, she's a cyborg that helps her teammates and heals them, which made it harder for us."

Cyclops siped the tablet screen. "And, I am guessing this is Harley, do you guys have any idea what happened to him?"

The kids shook their heads.

Cyclops shrugged. "Ah well, he attacks and retreats very fast, one of the reasons why we don't like it."

He turned off his tablet and sat down on his chair. "Venom Octopus," he muttered.

Saber nodded. "We have to protect the cube, no matter the cost."

🧊

"Wow, he's still thinking," said Hanabi.

"Might be something big," said Angela.

"Wait for a second," Harley got up from his seat and approached the Silver-haired Gusion who is sitting on a chair, his hands on the table and his head resting on his hands. Harley took one look at his face and rolled his eyes.