Nirvana

By Shellyrill

A lifetime is long. The future is unknown while the past remains muddled. Fate is cruel and destiny is not ki... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

338 18 1
By Shellyrill

In the end, Fei Qianchi walked away with a hardened face.

Su Baicheng looked at the distant figure of Fei Qianchi.

"Baicheng, what are you trying to do?" Having been by his side the whole time, Wei XueLu finally spoke up. His sword hung on his back, his hair tied back by a ribbon.

Su Baicheng gazed at the sky. In the end, he smiled. "One day, he will become stronger than me, it's easy to tell. I am preparing everything in case the mastermind of this whole mess is too strong."

Hearing this, Wei XueLu's brows slightly furrowed. He opened his mouth, as if he was going to say something but he stopped himself. After debating for a while, he whispered, "I will protect you. I am your sword and shield."

Hearing this words, Su Baicheng shook his head. His red eyes turned to Wei XueLu, who stood still with firm eyes. "You deserve to live unlike me. I have exhausted all my life and the end for me is coming soon. I saved you. However, your loyalty to me is something that I don't deserve."

Su Baicheng thought about it often. His sword and shield. Perhaps if it was someone else, Su Baicheng wouldn't care, but Wei XueLu was different. The man had saved him and in turn, he had taught him everything he knew. As centuries passed, Wei XueLu was someone who never wavered, someone who was never willing to betray him. Because of this, the trust between the two of them couldn't be broken.

Wei XueLu smiled lightly, a small curve appearing on his lips. "Only you deserve my outmost loyalty." His eyes glimmered. "From the moment we met, everything was set in stone."

Su Baicheng closed his eyes at this. If it was someone else, their heart would be warm. But he was different. His heart was cold, a result of the demonic cultivation he practiced, the Unfeeling Dao.

At that moment, a small ripple caused the Qi around them to fluctuate.

Su Baicheng opened his red eyes as his brows furrowed. On the other hand, Wei XueLu took out his blue sword, holding it in his hand. His eyes narrowed, menacing.

At that moment, a small laugh was heard. "Sect Leader Su, how have you been?"

Su Baicheng, having heard this voice, sneered. "Speak of the devil and he appears. Ran Mengyu, why have you come?"

Ran Mengyu laughed. His voice was spread throughout the peak. However, only Su Baicheng and Wei XueLu heard this voice.

"I've come to visit everyone. After all, it has been a long time since I've come. After I wrecked havoc for everyone, I was a bit saddened to see that it didn't affect you. Of course, there are many tricks that I wasn't aware of. Not to mention, my own pet had a sly mouth and couldn't do what I said."

Wei XueLu's hand gripped even tighter around his sword. His aura continued to drop and expand.

Su Baicheng didn't seem impatient as he continued looking at the cup that had been left behind.

"You're behind the countless deaths." Su Baicheng's eyes were cold. The aura around him became menacing as it spread, enveloping the peak, trying to find Ran Mengyu.

"Of course, I am. However, I am only an accomplice. There is someone even stronger than I am fooling with all the sects around you. You should know, there is someone higher than me." Ran Mengyu chuckled, drawing out his sentence.

Su Baicheng wasn't mad nor was he angered. His heart remained calm without a ripple in it. "And what did he offer you?" He didn't know if he would receive an answer, but Su Baicheng still asked.

There was a loud laugh, a cackling from Ran Mengyu. His voice rung out, as if he was standing right next to them. However, he was far away in reality.

"Something that no humans can give me. Something that I've always wanted, something that I've been searching for for ten thousand years. This thing, I was once willing to give my life up for it. For this thing, I sought the way of demonic cultivation. Now that this thing is mine, I will follow his every order."

Hearing his voice, Su Baicheng felt that something was very odd about his words. However, he couldn't put his hands onto what exactly it was. But his nerves were tense. Something was very odd about Ran Mengyu. After all, word had spread about him long ago.

It was said that he had someone he loved, someone who was killed. Because of this, he later became known as the infamous Lord of all Demonic Cultivators. The story was filled with loopholes, only rough details were known.

Su Baicheng stared at Wei XueLu who slowly put back his sword, standing as if he were a statue. The man didn't show it, but his eyes dilated once he noticed Su Baicheng's sight.

Su Baicheng thought hard, trying to remember the bits of this story. After all, this story was nearly ten thousand years old. Few still remembered it today. Only the oldest of cultivators still remembered it, a story told from their own ancestors.

"As for this thing, is it to your hearts content?" Su Baicheng asked, his lips even lifting into a small smirk. For a man like Ran Mengyu, it was funny to think that the man had someone he loved. Such was like him too.

"A bit. But this thing is not completely in my hands yet, so I must continue my quest." Ran Mengyu didn't shy away from answering these questions, as if he didn't give a care of such measly unimportant questions.

Wei XueLu and Su Baicheng exchanged a glance. As Su Baicheng tapped onto the table, Wei XueLu nodded and swiftly left, his figure disappearing.

"Hmm, ordering your most loyal subordinate to leave? What do you want to ask now?" As if he was dealing with mere pests, Ran Mengyu was both carefree and taunting.

Su Baicheng smirked even wider, cocking his brows. "Well, what do you think I will ask?"

Ran Mengyu laughed once more, a voice that sounded both gentlemanly yet also frightful. "This thing is very delightful. It is so disobedient at times that I cannot help but be a true demon to it."

The more Su Baicheng heard, the harder it was to stop the darkening of his aura. As if seeing this, Ran Mengyu also stopped.

"However, this is what you want to hear. The person that I follow has many people loyal to them. This person has strength compared to the true immortals." Ran Mengyu kept the person's identity as discreet as possible.

Su Baicheng was hoping for Ran Mengyu to slip, but reality proved that the man was too cunning for that. Even this person's identity wasn't known, much less gender.

"And you came here because?" Su Baicheng tapped his fingers onto the table.

Now that Wei XueLu was gone, Ran Mengyu wouldn't be so uptight. Su Baicheng was hoping that the man would slip up on some information.

"Sect Leader Su, my mouth is not as loose as it seems. I know that you are trying to pry information from out of me, however, it isn't easy for that to happen." Ran Mengyu's voice was both carefree and careless, speaking in a loose tone.

Su Baicheng knew that it wouldn't be easy for Ran Mengyu to talk about the mastermind behind him. After all, over 200 years had gone by and Ran Mengyu still continued as he did. Even after so long, no one knew about the person behind Ran Mengyu. As more and more unsettling matters appeared in the Jianghu world, all the other sects were getting antsy too. While Fushui Sect was different from before, it was still one of the leading sects. It's foundation could not be broken so easily.

"But as we have known each other before, I will let you in on some information." Ran Mengyu stretched out his tone. "It isn't over so don't get too comfortable. Right now, I'm sure that Fei Qianchi is enjoying his life, but that won't last. He still owes a debt that he hasn't paid back yet. This debt has been here for ten thousand years, even if he doesn't want to open up a past lifetime, he will have to. And you... the person that I follow seems to have an odd enmity with you too. However, this person has given me something that I've always wanted, thus, I will follow the orders I've been given."

At that moment, Ran Mengyu's voice became distorted. It didn't take long for Su Baicheng to figure out that the man had left. With dark red eyes, his pale skin seemed even paler than normal. His eyes were deep and unclear, the many thoughts seeming to run past it. In the end, he stood up, his sleeve slightly fluttering.

He knew it wasn't going to be easy. As he stepped out of his peak, there were many disciples walking. Fushui Sect had changed. Everything was different now. The once white robed disciples that belonged to Fushui Sect were now black robed. While Fushui Sect still taught the righteous way of cultivation, their reputation was comparable to the demonic sects.

However, Fushui Sect was thriving. With the new sect leader, the sect became an even bigger powerhouse among the five sects.

"Sect Leader!" The black robed disciples stopped before Su Baicheng, all bowing as they cupped their fists. This batch of disciples had been here for ten years already, thus, Su Baicheng nodded his head at them.

"Is Elder Fan doing well?" Su Baicheng's face was cold. His red eyes were both daunting, and the aura from him displayed his might as a cultivator who was nearly going to ascend. As a Sect Leader, it was easy to see that he was both powerful and young, one of the most promising cultivators out there.

The first disciple, a male around the age of 30, stepped forward and replied, "Master has broken into the Heavenly Immortal Realm."

Hearing this, Su Baicheng nodded. When he took over Fushui Sect, he had created a bloodbath and killed all who were involved in the deaths of his parents. He didn't feel bad. After all, one must repay a life with a life. He had never been a kind person. Why would he care about people who had betrayed both him and his parents?

Elder Fan had only become an elder when he took over Fushui Sect. After all, before, the man was a loyal subordinate of Su Baicheng's. Su Baicheng treated his people with utmost care.

"It seems that I am taking your time." Su Baicheng added once he saw the rather anxious stares he was getting from the disciples.

Hearing this, the same disciple from before smiled as he spoke, "It seems that Elder Fan has been giving out more pills for us to try, thus, everyone has been waiting to return back to their quarters. It was an honor to speak with, Sect Leader. Please have a good evening." He bowed as his eyes discreetly looked at the other disciples by his side.

Su Baicheng took a second look at this man. The man seemed to act a bit off today. Then again, if Elder Fan had given them new pills to try, it would only be normal for everyone to be in this type of situation. Hence, Su Baicheng didn't take up anymore of their time.

"I will leave first then. Remind Elder Fan to be careful with his concoctions." Elder Fan had many creative ideas in his head. However, they didn't have great endings.

The male disciple showed a wry smile, "Of course, Sect Leader."

Su Baicheng then walked away without a second thought. Night was already coming. The sun was setting down. Su Baicheng had something else he needed to do too.

As he left, the disciple froze before slightly turning around to gaze at him before looking away and walking with the other disciples.

-

"The weather is nice today."

Sitting, a beautiful man looked at the window. His yellow gold eyes were striking in the night. He was ridiculously beautiful with red tinted lips. Compared to his rather feminine face, his body was lean and strong.

Opposite of him, a sullen and cold man sat. His gray eyes were empty and cold, lifeless and dull. He wasn't a man who caused people to be memorized with one glance. However, there was something about the way his features combined together.

"You seem down today. I would've thought that since I was gone, you'd be much happier." Even as the man said this sentence with his lips lifted into a smile, his eyes were dark.

However, the other man remained cold and silent. His eyes glanced into the dark night, not once looking at the man who stared at him.

"It's been nearly 1,000 years since I've found you. That person returned you back to me. However, your heart remains cold." Saying this, the man reached out to caress the other man's face.

The other man resisted, backing away. "I'm tired of this. When will you let me go?" His voice was melodic.

However, upon hearing this, the man's gold eyes darkened, a wisp of dark energy flying from it. "You're mine. Even if you want to die, so long as I hold your soul in my hand, I won't let you. Think about it, isn't it time for you to love me? What use is there in holding onto someone who is happily married?" The man's fingers gripped onto the other man's chin, pulling him towards himself.

Forced to look up, his gray eyes were still empty. "And?"

He laughed. He didn't know why he laughed, but faced with this man's emptiness, even his dark heart felt pain. After all, he had sacrificed his sanity ten thousand years ago just to try and save this man. He tried to save this man whose heart had never belonged to him. He had his body, but never his heart. But like the fool he was, he still sought for this fake love. But it's alright. He would simply destroy this world and take this man with him.

"It's alright. Once I ruin him, you will have nothing to hold onto."

-

Sleeping was hard. Su Baicheng didn't need sleep. He shouldn't need it as he was an Immortal nearly ascending. However, the state of his body was very bad. His body was broken. Thus, he often found himself lying in bed.

But even then, it wasn't peaceful. To have countless dreams about the past, it was enough to give him deviations. The past weighed heavy. He was also tired of this. But there were still many things left that he needed to finish. The pain didn't hurt, thus, he also didn't care about it.

Today, like any other day, he had another dream. It wasn't a dream. It was replaying his past. Over and over again, the memories taunted and reminded him of everything he could've had.

But unable to resist, he walked through this dream once more.

14 year old Su Baicheng was still a growing teenager. He was a handsome boy, with a bright smile and beautiful red eyes. Even at a young age, he was handsome. He was both sharp and smart, yet he was also outgoing. His face was not yet mature, still holding some hints of youth.

Wearing a white robe, his white robe was more decorated than the other white robes the other disciples wore. It was only normal. After all, he was the only son of the Sect Leader of Fushui Sect, Su Fuchen, and Bai Suyu, the disciple of Qi Wubian, the greatest healer of the Jianghu World.

"Xiao Bai." From further beyond, outside of the classroom, a beautiful woman stood. Her hair was braided, falling down her back. Wearing a white robe with peonies upon it, her delicate face was peerless, both beautiful and soft. With straight brows and almond eyes, her thin lips lifted into a small smile.

"Mother." Su Baicheng rushed towards Bai Suyu. Compared to each other, Su Baicheng was already taller than Bai Suyu was, even at the age of 14.

"Madam." The other disciples cupped their fists, uttering a greeting towards Bai Suyu.

"I am interrupting your time. There is no need for such gestures. Sister Jiang, I will be taking my son for a moment." Bai Suyu first excused the disciples before turning to speak with the older woman who stood at the front of the class.

"Of course, Madam." Jiang Hua smiled as she nodded her head, turning back to teaching the class about demonic cultivation.

Su Baicheng followed after his mother. "Mother, has father returned?" He smiled brightly, eyes warming up. His whole being was both bright, able to make anyone feel close to him.

Bai Suyu laughed, "Yes. Your father just returned a while ago. He brought some things for you so I came to get you first. Thankfully, Sister Jiang was kind enough to excuse you." Her hand rose to lightly flick her son's head.

Su Baicheng merely smiled as he covered his forehead. "It seems like your mood is better now that father has returned." He playfully joked.

At that moment, just as Bai Suyu smiled brightly in response to his words, the scene before him changed.

The beautiful woman before him stood frozen. Her face was pale, red blood dripping down her mouth. With a sword in her hand, countless swords penetrated her body, riddling it with wounds. The pink sword in her hand dropped to the ground. With the swords lodged into her body, her weakened knees collapsed, kneeling down onto the ground. The white robe she wore was drenched red. The countless cultivators surrounded her as she raised her eyes that blinked heavily. Then, her mouth moved as her body was pulled by the cultivators. As blood poured from her body, the ropes tied her onto a pole.

"Run."

Su Baicheng gasped as he woke up. Sweat filled his forehead. His breath came out in heavy pants.

After calming himself, Su Baicheng clenched onto his sheets. He hated this.

He hated everything. He hated this life. He hated this world.

Why couldn't he just destroy it?

.

.

.

Cultivation stages:
Qi Enlightenment- 9 layers then tribulation
Qi Refinement- 9 layers then tribulation
Foundation Establishment- 9 layers then tribulation
Core Formation- 9 layers then tribulation
Nascent Soul- 9 layers then tribulation
Soul Transformation- 9 layers then tribulation
Soul Combination- 9 layers then tribulation
Void Stage- 9 layers then tribulation
Mahayana- 9 layers then Heavenly Tribulation

Immortal Realms:
Scattered Immortal- 9 layers then tribulation
Heavenly Immortal- 9 layers then tribulation
Golden Immortal- 9 layers then tribulation
Great Principle Golden Immortal- 9 layers then tribulation
Immortal Lord- 9 layers then tribulation
Immortal Emperor- 9 layers then tribulation

Divine Realm:
There are countless stages, but acquired gods can never rival those who were born as gods or deities of the Heaven. While acquired gods can use some power of the Heaven, they can not surpass innate gods or deities.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 32 41
...i don't care about your opinions...I just don't want you kill to yourself...you still have a long life ahead of you... somewhere along the way...
327K 6K 22
Warning : contains smut and yaoi if you are not a fan of the above DO NOT proceed Disclaimer: I don't own the characters all rights go to their right...
2.5K 204 60
DISCLAIMER - This book will discuss various themes such as violence and depression, and includes sections of an adult nature later down the line. It...
48.3K 2.5K 32
[Completed] A tragedy turns two clans from friends to enemies who fight each others for the throne. However, an unexpected incident makes their heirs...