the person you can't have | c...

Bởi lisaslayx

We've all met that person we can't have, or someone we were told not to get close to. But, don't you realise... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Nicknames [1]
Flowers [2]
Brownie Points [3]
Never have I ever [4]
Biology Teacher [5]
Tuition [6]
Like is a Complicated Word [7]
Attracted? [8]
Kiss Me [9]
Stay Very Still [10]
She Loves My Cats [12]
Sunset and Photos [13]
Game On [14]
Desperate [15]
Never Have I Ever Part 2 [16]
Church [17]
A Scare [18]
It Went well [19]
Butterflies [20]
Confession [21]
Yellow [22]
As Long As You're Happy [23]
For Nothing [24]
I love you [25]
Fate [26]
Dancer [27]
Everything Happens For A Reason [28]
Debut [29]
Poetic Ending [30]
Panic Attack [31]
Suspicious [32]
Backstage [33]
Result Collection Day [34]
Surprise [35]
Closure [36]
Famous [37]
Drunk Mistakes? [38]
Poetic Ending [39]
On The Ground [End]

Troubled [11]

1K 57 29
Bởi lisaslayx

Lisa woke up filled with joy. It was past 10.30 am, and she knew damned well that Chaeyoung was awake and at church.

She reached over Lily to take a look at her phone.

To her dismay, disappointment and sadness, Chaeyoung didn't leave a text.

She probably regretted doing that didn't she?

Lisa gulped, deciding to text first. She send a 'morning' before she distracted herself by brushing her teeth and going to eat breakfast.

But it didn't help with the swirling feelings of Chaeyoung's lips against hers. Every single time she got reminded of it, she felt her face heat up.

There was only one thing that could help take her mind off. Dancing. She googled the closest dance studio and drove there.

When she entered the studio, she was greeted by a petite girl by the counter, "Hi! Welcome."

Lisa bowed out of courtesy, "Hi. I'm here to rent one of your studios for 3 hours."

The lady nodded, "That will be $39."

Lisa fished out the notes out of her wallet and paid the lady.

"Alright, here's the key to the studio. Have a good time!" the lady said, handing Lisa a key. Lisa bows again, taking the key from the lady's hand.

When she entered the studio, the scent of empty rooms filled her nose. She was hit by a sense of nostalgia— how much she missed Thailand, having friends to dance with.

But here she was now, alone in this huge dance studio. She sighed, wishing that at least one person was here with her.

She shoved that thought away and plugged her phone in the sound system.

You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name.

Lisa's body moved along to the song, executing her dance moves perfectly. Her eyes were fixated on herself on the mirror as she danced seriously, critiquing herself with each move.

After Attention by Charlie Puth ended, Swalla by Jason Derula blasted.

And again, she moved to the song, shamelessly claiming the floor as hers as she moved so slyly and perfectly to the song. Hell, any living person watching her dance like that would immediately be mesmerised by the amount of passion she was showing.

No nothing good starts in a Getaway car.

She was surprised by the song, but she still moved along. Her mind was taking charge, and she loved the feeling when she was dancing.

The free feeling of choreographing, moving her body in anyway that she wanted, whatever kind of shameless moves she wanted to do. She could, and play it off as a dance routine.

Lisa stared into the mirror as she got on the ground.

We were jet-set, Bonnie and Clyde.

She arches her back, running her hands down her face with eyes closed as she felt the music flow through her consciousness.

Dancing was such a great distraction for her, she could just forget everything and indulge in it.

After a good 2 and a half hours passed, she laid on the ground, completely drained of energy, wet and sticky with sweat.

She panted as she stared at the ceiling.

Chaeyoung flooded her mind, the kiss, her scent, her touch. Every single thing. She scoffed and got up on her feet again, forcing herself to play a song that was right for the mood.

Ecstasy... Sour D...

Lisa smiled, remembering a dance routine she had for this song, Faded by Tink. It was a really sensual dance, but the lyrics seem to fit her situation.

It's already so intense, I know when you kiss my lips.

Her hands ran down her body as she felt herself with no shame, moving her hips in such a beautiful manner.

The song ended, and she plopped on the ground, admitting defeat. If she went on for another moment, she was sure she would pass out soon.

So she stayed put, chilling there for a bit before gentle knocks on the door hit her ears. The Thai girl got up and opened the door.

The lady stood by the door, "Just a reminder Miss Manoban. You have 15 minutes more."

Lisa smiled politely, "Thank you."

That's when she decided she should leave. She sauntered over to her phone, picking it up and realising that she had quite a few messages.

4 unread messages from chaeyoung
17 unread messages from jisoo
2 missed calls from jisoo

Lisa's eyes widened at Jisoo's persistence to get her attention, so she replied to the older girl first.

jisoo

lisa
are you free?
please help me
i need help
lisa?
lalisa! please
this is serious
i'm gonna die please

The rest of the texts were of similar pattern. She decided to get home before calling Jisoo. It probably isn't that big of a deal as Jisoo made it out to be.

On her way back into her apartment, she checked Chaeyoung's messages.

chaeyoung

morning :)

morning lisa
not me waking up late and missing
church
the big man's going to be upset
where are you?

sorry, was just at the dance studio

aw i wished i could see :(

Lisa was a little... troubled. How could Chaeyoung be so normal after they kissed. Was kissing a normal thing to do in Korea too? The last time she checked, it was an indication of romantic interest. She thought about Chaeyoung liking her back, but the mixed signals were so hard to read.

She goes back into her home and gave Rosé a reply before dialling Jisoo's number.

"Unnie, what happened?" Lisa asked.

"Lisa I think I might have just exposed myself to her," Jisoo said in a rather grim tone.

Lisa blinked, "Elaborate?"

Jisoo sucked in a breath, "I told her I had eyes for someone. And I accidentally left the gender, so she knows I like a girl now."

"Oh... But she doesn't know that it's her does she?"

"No. But what she told me— about the boy she liked. It sounds like love Lisa..."

Lisa stalled. Love, that's a strong word, but she feels like she was starting to understand it better.

Jisoo sighed, "I don't know what to do. What should I do Lisa?"

"To be honest, I think you shouldn't make these assumptions unnie. Your definition of love differs from everyone else's. We all have a different definition of love, it's subjective," Lisa said, sounding so wise that even her herself was shocked to make such a statement.

"Do I just... keep going? Or do I just give up now?"

"Only cowards give up," Lisa chided harshly. "If you want her, keep going."

Jisoo shut her eyes on the other side. She knew what Lisa said was right. Things can change drastically, like how someone decides to leave your life so abruptly halfway through a fucking year, or when someone just unknowingly falls in love with you.

"You're right. I will. Thank you for this," Jisoo uttered, feeling a little comforted.

They hung up the call, and Lisa hopped into the shower.

The day passed a little too slowly for Lisa's liking, so she decided to note down the things Chaeyoung and her did together, like the first time they linked arms, the time when Chaeyoung allowed Lisa to call her Chaeng, texting till midnight, etc.

She compiled all the pieces of paper and put them in a binder, one that she calls a 'Simp Notebook'. I know, sounds cliché, but she just wanted to remember everything with Chaeyoung. Even if they may not even end up together in future.

Lisa has made peace with the fact that Chaeyoung will be a prominent part of her memories in Korea despite it being such a short time they knew each other, but she liked the sound of it. Rosé being a huge part of her Korean memories. She loves it.

The night fell, and Lisa buried her head in some Biology books to read up ahead before school tortured her the next day.

Speaking of which, the next day approached so quickly.

Lisa was preparing herself in the car. If she doesn't see Chaeyoung in school, it's okay. She will be fine, she will be!

It always happens in TV shows. The two characters kiss and then one avoids the other. The avoided gets pissed off because they are so worked up about the small kiss, they confront the person avoiding them. Then they get into a fight. And then...

Then confessions. About how much they love each other, and they get together. Happily ever after.

Bullshit. Lisa wished it was that easy when her eyes landed on Rosé in class.

Don't get her wrong, she was obviously happy to see Chaeyoung, but it did disappoint her that the fantasy she made up in her head didn't come true.

The Aussie's eyes lit up at the sight of Lisa, and vice versa, "Hello Lisa." She smiled at the younger girl, and Lisa could feel her heart throb.

"Hello Rosie," Lisa greeted.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened, but they softened after, pink painting her cheeks, "I like that."

Lisa laughed, "Of course you do Rosie."

Jennie and Jisoo were oddly silent, which made Lisa feel uncomfortable. They would usually just pry, pry and pry, then tease them non-stop like chatterboxes. But today, it was silent, and only Chaeyoung's voice was heard.

"Why are Jisoo and Jennie unnie so quiet and awkward?" Chaeyoung whispers in Lisa's ear. Her body tensed up at the proximity, and the warm breath of Chaeyoung's coating her sensitive skin.

It immediately brought her back to the night on Saturday, when all she felt was Chaeyoung's warm breath before her soft and captivating lips.

Lisa swallows thickly before shrugging.

Chaeyoung kicked Jisoo's chair, "Did the cat get your tongue?"

Jisoo shot her head up, a look of worry painting her whole face, "No why?"

Jennie turns to the older girl, "You're so quiet..."

"I could say the same about you," Jisoo mocked, with an undertone of a flirt.

Lisa scoffed mentally. What kind of sick twisted attempt at flirting is that?

"Okay something is definitely going on between you two..." Chaeyoung muttered. Before either one of them could protest, Ms Song enters the class.

They all effectively shut up.

The rest of the week was not that bad, but at mid-week— Wednesday, Lisa's heart was throbbing, awaiting the school bell to ring so she and Chaeyoung could spend their quality time together.

"Which topic do you need help with today?" Lisa questioned as the two of them walked side by side to Lisa's car, Chaeyoung's hand hooked around Lisa's of course.

Rosé seemed to have other plans, and by the look of it, Lisa knew that it was definitely not going well.

Chaeyoung blinks at Lisa, "I seem to need help with Sexual Reproduction in Humans, are you sure you want to help me with that?"

It sounded like a challenge to Lisa. Even though she couldn't deny the growing feelings in her chest, she wouldn't be so easily defeated.

It's just a Biology topic anyway.

Lisa cocked her head to the side, looking at the older girl, "Are you thinking of something else?"

"What— Lisa!" Chaeyoung hit Lisa's arm, understanding what Lisa was getting at.

The younger girl laughed. So many parts of her were itching to ask Chaeyoung what the kiss meant, but the majority of Lisa just wanted to kiss her again. To feel Chaeyoung again, on her.

She quickly realised how wrong that was.

When they arrived at Chaeyoung's, Lisa sat by the study table as Chaeyoung took her shower. She couldn't seem to be focusing on her useless homework with the sound of water hitting the ground.

Her mind wandered to how Chaeyoung's body would look. Would it be like her imagined? She wonders harder about how Chaeyoung will react to her touch in more... protected places.

The bathroom door opened, startling Lisa from her unholy thoughts. The older girl joined Lisa by the study table, hair still dripping and the vanilla so strong that it could drown Lisa.

"Alright I'm ready now let's start," Chaeyoung said, patting her hands on the textbook.

Lisa explains to Chaeyoung whatever she doesn't understand in the most appropriate ways ever. Moreover, the questions Chaeyoung asked weren't inappropriate at all.

"Yah Lalisa," Chaeyoung called, breaking the silence between the two after Lisa finished all the questions Chaeyoung had.

Lisa nods in response.

Rosé bit down on her lip, a little harder than she expected herself to, "Have you ever wondered how our muscles look when we orgasm?"

Lisa's lips parted in shock, "Park Chaeyoung, get your head out of the gutter."

"We're doing Sexual Repro, this is a valid question Lalisa," Rosé huffed. "After all, an orgasm causes a series of muscle contractions in sexual organs... Don't you just wonder how your uhm— below looks when you climax?" Chaeyoung looks over at a horrified Lisa.

The younger girl blinked rapidly before twisting her lips to the side, "You remember what an orgasm is, but yet you can't remember when the fertile period is in a menstrual cycle... Says a lot about you Rosie."

The blonde rolled her eyes, "Don't pretend to be so holy Lisa. We both know you're not." Then the girl gasps, "Oh wait— I forgot you haven't had sex yet, so you probably don't know how an O feels like."

Lisa scoffed loudly. She did have orgasms, just not from sex, rather from pleasing herself to the right kind of videos.

"I know what it feels like Rosie. As I said I'm not as holy as you think," Lisa rolled her eyes, taking on Chaeyoung fiercely in this seeming battle of 'Who is more unholy'.

Chaeyoung widened her eyes, "Oh... So Miss Manoban touches herself huh?" Her tone was so smug, it made Lisa blush. "So I'm right," Chaeyoung presses, noticing the glowing pink tint on Lisa's cheeks.

"I didn't say anything."

"You don't need to, your eyes speak for you Lisa," Chaeyoung laughed.

Then the older girl leaned in so close to Lisa, it made Lisa struggle for breath. The younger girl swallows thickly, looking into Rosé's eyes as she stares intensely back at her.

"Well maybe you really aren't that holy after all..." Her voice was a seductive whisper, or at least seductive to Lisa. It made the hairs on her arm stand.

"Shut up before I do something you don't want me to," Lisa hisses in a whisper the same way Chaeyoung did. She didn't mean it in the harmful way, more of a... figurative way.

Rosé smirked at the older girl, "Oh yeah? What would you do to me Lalisa?" Her index finger traces to side of Lisa's face.

Lisa's skin was on fire once again, and she learnt to like that feeling of it. The burn felt so painful, but also felt so good. Maybe Lisa's a masochist, we never know.
(she just might be...)

"What do you want me to do to you Park Chaeyoung?" Lisa questions in a mere whisper. "First you kiss me... And now you're touching me like that. You're driving me crazy you know?" She taunted, again in a whisper. She didn't lie though, because Rosé was actually driving her insane with all this.

Chaeyoung smiles, "I already said being alone with you makes me want to kiss you, I gave you a warning. But look who didn't listen?"

"Mm... does this make you want to kiss me again then?" Lisa asked, rasping her words out as she felt so confident by the adrenaline rush in her veins.

The older girl leans in closer again, if it was possible, "The answer's always yes..."

Lisa pulls back before Chaeyoung could get her chance to even brush her lips past Lisa's. The Thai smirked at the desperation on Chaeyoung's face.

"You're seducing me into more Biology tuition lessons, Miss Park?" Lisa questioned playfully. The younger girl clicked her tongue, as if disapproving of her actions, "This is a serious offence Miss Park. I just might have to send you to detention."

The older girl regained her composure. These kind of things were so normal and familiar to Chaeyoung. Lust was something she could handle so easily, so if this was lust, she would definitely have Lisa before the month ended.

The Australian hummed, "When's detention Miss Manoban?"

Lisa smiled subtly, "Friday."

"Okay Miss Manoban, and sorry for trying to seduce you," Chaeyoung feigned an apologetic tone.

Lisa laughed heartily at this whole situation. It was fun to tease the older girl like that and have her to reflect the same energy.

The younger girl's laughter ceased, "Okay but seriously..." She pauses. Was she supposed to ask Chaeyoung what the kiss meant? Did Chaeyoung like her back, or was it a game she was playing to mess with the Thai? "Never mind."

"Don't never mind me Lalisa. Tell me," Chaeyoung said in a demanding tone. Lisa shook her head, earning a scoff from Chaeyoung, "Quit being a coward now."

Lisa rolled her eyes, "Being a coward has its perks, dare devil." Chaeyoung only nodded in a mocking manner, still intensely staring at Lisa from her seat as she leaned back. Lisa rolled her eyes again at the older girl, "Since we're done here I'll get going alright? I'll see you tomorrow."

"So soon?" Chaeyoung pouted.

Lisa nodded. "You finished asking me what you didn't know, so I think that's all for today right?" She didn't want to spend another moment in the tense atmosphere with Rosé because who knows? She might spit the burning question out without even considering Chaeyoung's feelings.

Chaeyoung's pout remained, "Stay for a little more?"

"No, unless you tell me what is in it for me," Lisa retaliated.

Chaeyoung's lips twisted back up, "Food?"

Lisa shook her head, not knowing fully well what she actually wanted.

"Uh... money?"

Lisa shook her head again.

"Clothes, accessories, another cat? Uhm... a cow?"

Lisa laughed at the last guess, it was funny because why on earth would Lisa want a cow?

"A cow?" Lisa laughed. "What do you think I am? A farmer?"

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I don't know maybe you like cows or maybe you have a thing for cows."

"Nope. I'm gonna go."

Chaeyoung reaches out to hold Lisa, effectively stopping the girl from standing, "I'll give you hugs!"

"Not quite enough," Lisa found herself saying. She didn't even know how she got the courage to say that, but she did.

The blonde girl raised her eyebrows, "Kisses?"

Lisa was wavered by the sound of that. Sure, she wanted kisses from Chaeyoung but again, what would it mean to the both of them? Would it just be another unknown mystery to Lisa?

"But what will those kisses mean?" Lisa questioned, her tone getting serious.

Chaeyoung could pick the seriousness out of Lisa's voice, and for a moment she thought that Lisa was asking her indirectly about what their shared kiss had meant. She seemed to stall, which made Lisa feel nervous.

Even though Chaeyoung knew fully well that she was somewhat interested in Lisa, she wasn't sure if putting labels on them would work now. Like, what if one day Chaeyoung gets tired? Or if Lisa doesn't want her anymore? She didn't need to go through another rough heartbreak.

To be completely honest, Chaeyoung felt that she has recovered from her unspoken feelings about Vanessa. Of course, that was with the help of Lisa.

Chaeyoung wasn't confused with what she was feeling per se, but she was confused about what she wanted with these feelings she has for Lisa. She didn't know if this would work out the way she thinks it would.

"I never specified where Lalisa," Chaeyoung finally said, figuring that avoiding the question would be the best as of now.

Lisa sighed and she seemed exasperated, a little frustrated. She was getting a little upset that Chaeyoung have been avoiding talking about the kiss they shared. Did it really mean nothing? Or was Chaeyoung just using Lisa like Vanessa used her?

But she felt stupid because she quickly realised that she'll be fine with Chaeyoung using her, as anything.

She brought her mind back and she furrowed her brows together in a troubled expression, "No. Chaeyoung, I'm serious."

The older girl looks at Lisa with a confused expression. She was now nervous because she didn't know what to expect.

"Are you just gonna avoid talking about the fact you kissed me?" Lisa questioned, the troubled looked staying persistent on her face. Her tone was rough, but she couldn't resist it. She was burning inside because of how ignorant Chaeyoung was.

However, Rosé studied Lisa's features closely. She knew fully well that Lisa was upset, but she just couldn't help but drone into the younger girl's face and her beautiful features. Lisa was so beautiful, and she is easily the best looking Chaeyoung have met.

Chaeyoung's mind started to refresh what Lisa said, and all this took less than a second before Rosé felt this strong surge of something in her, "You asked me to kiss you Lisa. Do you even remember that?"

Lisa took a deep breath before exhaling heavily, her eyes were fixed on Chaeyoung's eyes. She didn't know what to say, because what the older girl had said was exactly what happened, and she regretted asking.

Maybe I should just shut up and not ask anything in future.

"I remember it clearly well Chaeyoung. I just— I didn't know what— I'm sorry." The younger girl's expression changed again. She looked apologetic, guilty.

Chaeyoung gets a hint that maybe Lisa liked her, and she was a little startled by that idea even though she feels the same. But you couldn't blame her for feeling this way. She feels like falling in love with someone so fully will only hurt her again and again.

The Thai stood up from her chair and blinked a little sadly at the silent Australian, wishing hard that Chaeyoung would say something, anything. She lets out a silent exhale, "I'll see you tomorrow Rosie."

And then she left, shutting the door behind her to leave. Chaeyoung could hear the shuffle of Lisa's feet down the steps as she left her house, and she felt her soul linger with Lisa. A major part of her felt so bad that she didn't say anything. But the other big part of her told her that it was fine. They're just friends anyway, and that kiss was just a mere mistake. Two desperate people who needed affection.

Hank cries sadly as his ears tilted downwards, standing by the door. Chaeyoung walked over to the dog to pick him up and embrace him, bringing him close to her chest while she stroked his head softly.

Even Hank knew.

a/n: i'm soooooo sorry for this super long chapter but i hope to lengthen the chapters so i don't drag the story parts too long!! please rest well and always remember to eat my lovely readers ❤️

here's a check-in, feel free to vent in the comments. how are you all? i'm always here to listen ❤️❤️

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

332K 10K 53
This is a story of how your friends can hurt you in many different ways---may it be by breaking your trust, your promises, your expectations, or mayb...
10.4K 469 14
Rose x female reader "I want to kiss it all better." "Well, you shouldn't have hurt me to begin with."
209K 6K 38
"I love you so I will wait for you. I will wait for you to love me, no matter how long it takes" Jennie to Lisa "I can no longer see you with my eye...
586K 15.5K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...