The Mafia's Son II

Par ehrikuhhh

Months after Isaac's and Hailey's traumatic incident, weeks after their graduation, Hailey's finally off to c... Plus

Description.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
BONUS CHAPTER.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
BLAST FROM THE PAST
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Bonus.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six.
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight.
Epilogue.

Chapter Thirty Two.

21.6K 506 547
Par ehrikuhhh

Back with the late night updates lmaoo anyways please do ignore any and every typo you come across, I promise I'll come back and edit after work tomorrow haha enjoy babies 💕

Hailey's POV

A loud vibration wakes me up just like it has been for the past two weeks now.

It's Isaac's phone, as always, it's probably Patrick, again.

I stretch my body out a bit and look up to find him still asleep and roll over to lay on my back, looking towards the back of the room to see the digital clock on the wall; the time reads 2:27 am.

I begin to slowly sit up on Isaac's bed, there's a faint glow in the room from the moonlight creeping in from the cracks of his dark curtains.

I glance back over at him to find him still asleep.

He's laying on his back, just like he has been for these past couple weeks due to his shoulder. It was really starting to bother him before bed so he popped a pain killer and knocked out almost instantly; hence why he's still in his heavy sleep.

I glance over to his phone on his night stand and watch the light go dim; he hung up.

The selfish part of me wants to go back to bed, I want to ignore the drunk call, act as if I never heard anything, but the better part of me begins to worry; what if tonights the night that he overdoes it, what if tonights the night that he doesn't make it home safely, what if something bad happened, therefore I wake my boyfriend up.

I place my hand on his stomach, gently tapping it.

"Baby..."

Nothing.

"Isaac," I coo and still get nothing.

I begin to smile faintly because I know for a fact that Isaac can hear me, whether or not he was drugged up on his medication he normally wakes up after calling his name a couple times, he really was the world's lightless sleeper sometimes.

I lay back down on my side, scooting a little closer to him. I placed one of my hands on the side of his face, slowly caressing it and whispered, "daddy.."

I feel my smile instantly get bigger as Isaac begins to stir and is inhaling a deep breath, stretching his body out he slowly begins to pry his eyes open.

He looks over at me, sleep still hazed in his eyes.

He brings his hand up to his face, cupping my hand with his, "what's wrong?" He croaks.

I shake my head, "your phone's ringing."

Isaac immediately rolls his eyes, while looking off to the side.

Patrick has been out of control since he came out to hang with his friends, since the accident, I'm sure even since before that night, since everything went wrong for him.

He's been off the rails, getting drunk every night, getting high off of anything and everything that will help him numb the pain, the void, the guilt that he's bottling up.

If he's not throwing things around, destroying his apartment, he's crying his heart out talking about how he wishes that they would've just killed him and it completely breaks my heart because we don't know what to do to help him, he won't let anyone help him.

He calls Isaac crying, he calls Dion, but by the time they can get to him Ric has a whole different type of attitude- talking about how he doesn't need them there, to leave him the hell alone, blaming Isaac that everything is his fault, of course it's the alcohol talking but I see what it's doing to Isaac, to Dion, it's draining any patience they have left and I'm worried about what will happen when they've had enough, I'm afraid that they'll give up on him when he needs them the most, the guys, they were thought not to be sympathetic, they'll only tolerate so much of him.

Like clockwork, Isaac's phone begins to ring for a second time and he's wincing a bit as he turns over to turn his lamp on and is grabbing his phone, slowly sitting up on the bed.

"It's Dion," he mumbles a bit confused and is looking over at me.

I stay quiet as he answers the call and is putting it on speaker, lowering the volume so it's not so high.

"Ya?" He speaks into the phone.

"Why the fuck didn't you answer the phone the first time!" Dion barks into the phone and Isaac's lowering the volume some more.

"I didn't hear it till now, Dee, what's u-"

Dion quickly talks over him and I see all the blood drain from Isaac's face as he turns almost as pale as me, and goosebumps are running up my arms.

"He OD, I'm at the ER."

Oh no.

"What are you talking about, who?"

"Ric."

Isaac doesn't say anything else, he stays quiet looking down at his phone.

"KP?" Dion calls out a couple seconds later when he doesn't get a response.

Isaac still doesn't say anything, he stays completely frozen, quiet.

I lean forward placing my hand on his back, "baby?" He quickly looks back at me, a strange look in his eyes. I begin to slide my hand up and down his back, "you okay?"

"Red?" Dion's voice is coming out of the little speaker again. "What's going on?"

Isaac tilts his head slightly, looking me in the eyes, "what did he say?"

I throw his blanket off of my lap and scoot closer to him reaching for his phone, "can I have it please?"

He instantly nods his head and is handing me his phone as he gets up from his bed, "baby what are you doing?!" I asked climbing off of his bed as well.

"Hailey!" Dion shouts and I'm picking the phone up as I watch Isaac walk into his closet.

"Yeah?"

"The fucks going on?!"

"I-i don't know," I stammer. "He just froze up and got up out of bed, I think he's in shock or something."

Dion sighs heavily, "fuckin' aye, I can't have them both breaking down on me right now."

I walk over to the closet and watch Isaac scramage through the cubes he has along his wall, going through his T shirts. "Isaac, what are you doing, baby?" I ask.

He shakes his head as he tries to decide which black shirt he wants to choose, "I need to go to the hospital, I need to talk to him, this shits getting old, I can't let him kill himself."

"I gotta go, Dion, we'll call you back in a bit," I say.

"I'm on my way," he says in return and I'm instantly shaking my head.

"No, stay with him please, I got this, I got him."

"Red-"

"Dion, please, Ric needs someone there for him, stay please. I'll let you know when we're on our way."

"Fine, do not let him drive in that state, do you understand me?!"

I nod my head, "don't worry, I won't."

Dion hangs the phone up and I'm placing Isaac phone on one of the shelves as I watch Isaac struggle to put on one of his shirts due to the brace his arm is in.

"Stop," I tell him softly as I walk up to him. "Turn around," I commanded.

He does and I unclick the sling, helping him slowly take his arm out, "it's never gonna heal completely if you keep fucking with it, give it."

I stick my hand out so that he can hand me his black T shirt and take it from him. I hold it out in front of him, letting him slowly put his injured arm in one of the short sleeves, as he does the same with the other and is leaning forward so I can pull it over his head, pulling it down his torso, helping him get dressed like I have been every day since he got hurt.

"I don't understand why you continue to torture yourself, Isaac, button ups would literlly make this so much easier, baby."

He doesn't say anything verbally, he inclines his head forward, indicating that I pick up the shoulder brace. I sigh and grab it from where I had placed it, putting it back on him, gaining the smallest groan from him as I click it back in place.

"It's almost been six hours since your last pill, do you want to take another for the pain?"

Isaac shakes his head, "I hate how they make me feel." He reaches for the back of my head and is pulling me into him, placing a kiss on my forehead, "go back to sleep, I'll be back later."

"Excuse me?" I say pulling away from him. "You're not going anywhere on your own mister. Either I go with you, or you're getting back into bed."

"Babe-"

"End of discussion, Isaac, you can hang around in here while I change, or out in the bedroom.."

He inhales a deep breath, "I'll go brush my teeth to give you a minute," he exhales.

I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss him on the lips as he leans down, "good boy, I'll be right out."

Isaac doesn't argue in return, I feel him smile against my lip and is stepping out of his walk in closet. I grab a pair of black sweatpants and quickly step into them, taking Isaac's overly shirt off of me and putting on one of my own, grabbing my shoes, quickly putting those on.

I grab Isaac's phone from where I placed it and step out of the closet to find him coming out of the bathroom, still looking sleepy as ever, "where are the keys?" I asked.

He frowns.

"You heard him, you're not driving."

He shrugs his shoulders and he instantly starts to annoy me.

Stubborn man.

I shrug my own shoulders in return as I walk towards him and make my way into the bathroom to brush my own teeth, "guess I'll wake up Ian and tell him to be ready in ten minutes then."

I hear Isaac sigh heavily behind me as he grumbles, "they're down in the garage, where I'll be waiting," and hear the bedroom door open shortly after, but not close.

I quickly brush my teeth and fix my hair a bit and hurry downstairs so that I don't keep Isaac waiting for too long, careful not to make any extra unnecessary noise that will wake up his parents, or Milo for that matter, seeing how he stays on the lower levels of the house.

I find Isaac standing near the garage door and hand him his phone, "Ian's on his way," I joke and he's immediately giving me an ugly look.

"I'm kidding!" I laugh.

"That's not funny," he grumbles a hint of a smile on his face and is opening the garage door as I follow behind him.

Isaac still didn't have a car of his own, he hadn't made up his mind on what he wanted to get next, which is why we've been using one of his dad's many cars, not that Carmelo lets us go out anywhere alone anymore.

The entire family was on complete lock down for a few days after the accident, it wasn't entirely Mr. Matteo's doing though, it was his wife's. Isaac's mom became really paranoid after she found out what had happened, and that Isaac had actually got hurt and refused to let him, us, leave the house, and the couple times that we did go out, we were accompanied by a swarm of bodyguards.  

"What are you gonna tell the guys at the front gate?" I asked Isaac, following him to the metal box that's mounted to the wall, it's where all of the car keys were at.

Isaac ignores my question, putting their code into the keypad he unlocks the box and opens the little door revealing about eight pairs of keys.

"You choose,' he smiles.

"Me?" I smile in return, taking a step forward.

Isaac nods and I instantly reach for the Audi.

"I fucking knew it," he snorts softly while closing up the little box.

"What?" I smile.

"I knew you would choose the R8," he smirks, walking in the direction of the car.

"Look at it," I wave my hands towards the matte black car, "it's a fucking beast, how could you not!"

Isaac chuckles softly as he begins to make his way to the passenger side of the car, "calm down killer, get in."

I giggle softly and unlock the car, making my way towards the driver side of the car and get overly excited the second I turn it on and the engine is echoing inside the garage.

"Your dads definitely gonna hear us leave," I smile looking over at my boyfriend.

"Then maybe we should get going before he makes it downstairs," Isaac smiles in return.

I eagerly nod my head and begin to drive out of the garage and Isaac's shutting it a couple seconds later as I drive up the driveway heading towards the front gate.

"Don't check out," he mumbles beside me, "just keep driving."

I turn to look at him for a quick second to find a smile plastered on his face.

"The windows are dark," he points at the glass. "For all they know it's pops leaving, he never checks out and in."

"You evil little sneak," I smile back and tighten my grip on the steering wheel as we drive by the front gate. 

"Pay attention to this," he points to a little red light, "Every single one of pops cars has it."

I glance down at it and it's instantly turning green about a second later, "what is it?"

"What do you think?" He smirks.

"A tracker.."

Isaac nods his head, "it's how he knows everything, it's why we always go in Dion's truck whenever we go somewhere."

"Does my car have one?" I ask, coming to a spot.

"I'm sorry what?" Isaac smiles playfully looking away from me.

"Babe!"

"No," he chuckles.

I turn to look at him a bit, narrowing my eyes at him, "I don't believe you."

"I swear, your necklace on the other hand," he points towards my chest. "That's another story, but I'd advise you not to take it off," he grins.

I can't help the smile that creeps on my face, "Isaac!" I exclaim.

He laughs and genuinely laughs, he doesn't chuckle, he laughs and I feel the butterflies flutter in my stomach, I miss his playful side so much, he's been going through so much these past couple months, even though he didn't believe in it himself, his mental health was complete shit.

"What?!" he continues to laugh, " better safe than sorry!"

My cheeks begin to hurt on account how hard Isaac is making me smile. I shake my head and look over at him, "I love you."

***

We arrive at the hospital about fifteen minutes later and find Dion waiting in the waiting room by himself with a few other people sitting near him, he's in a pair of black shorts, a grey short sleeve shirt, his hair a tussle mess, you can definitely tell that he took off the second he woke up.

Dion stands up from his chair as we walk towards him and Isaac's releasing my hand that he was hanging onto, clasping his hand with Dion's, "what's up man."

Dion tilts his head back in response and is letting go of Isaac and is coming in my direction pulling me in for a side hug, "what's up red?"

"You okay?" I ask as I hug him back.

He nods his head and is turning to look at Isaac, "they just put him in a room a few minutes ago, they had to pump his stomach because he had a high amount of alcohol in his system."

"What the hell happened?"

"Wanna sit?" Dion waves towards the empty chairs behind him.

Isaac shakes his head, "my legs aren't what's hurt."

"Hey.." I lightly smack Isaac on the arm. "None of that."

"Coke," Dion says, crossing his arms along his chest. "He overdosed on coke."

Isaac immediately begins to grimace as he shakes his head, "he called you?"

Dee nods his head, "he was bugging out about his chest hurting so I tried telling him to go to sleep because I figured he was just drunk. I started to pay attention to his talking and heard that he was overly slurring and got a bad feeling so I got up and went to check on him. He was unconscious in the hallway when I got there."

"Oh my god," I mutter under my  breath.

Isaac looks down at the floor shaking his head.

"I already knew what was happening so I called 911 the second I saw him lying on the floor and dragged his ass to the tub when I felt his body burning up."

"Fucking aye," Isaac mumbles under his breath.

"I think it's time, KP."

I frown confused looking over at both men, "time for what?"

Isaac nods his head ignoring my question, "I'll make arrangements."

"Time for what?!" I exclaimed.

"To stick him in a recovery center," Dion answers and is looking over at Isaac the next second. "He's an adult, he can't refuse to go and you know he won't go willingly,"

"He's gonna go," Isaac seethes.

I reach for his hand, giving it a light squeeze, "you can't force him to do anything he doesn't want babe."

"Look at where we're at," he lashes out.

I squeeze onto his hand a little tighter attempting to bring him down, "I understand that baby, but you're not his legal guardian, he can make his own decisions, he can refuse the treatment if he wants too."

"I'll have Ang talk to him, maybe she can get through to him.."

Isaac shakes his head no, "I'll figure something out, don't drag her into this. Were you with her tonight?"

Dion nods, "I left her asleep."

"You should get back to her before she figures out you're gone, Dee, I got this."

"You sure?" He glances over at me.

I nod, "we got it, you should go get some rest."

He nods and walks up to give me another side hug, "thank you."

I hug him back but don't say anything in return I simply smile back.

"Keep me updated," he tells Isaac as their hands clasps and he's bringing him in for a bro hug.

"I will."

Dion gives us the room that they have placed Ric in and we're heading towards the elevator a few minutes after he's gone. Isaac actually asked me to wait inside as he walked Dion out because he needed to talk to him about something.

He doesn't take too long, roughly around a little over five minutes when he's walking back in through the automatic sliding door and he's reaching for my hand, guiding us towards the elevator and making our way up to Ric's room.

Patrick of course I still asleep by the time we reach him and Isaac instantly wants to wait out in the waiting room that they have out on this level and I'm shaking my head no, that he should stay here in case he wakes up, he's gonna need a friend, we don't know what kind of state of mind he'll be in.

It takes a while but I manage to convince him so we make ourselves comfortable in the room. I try offering Isaac the better comfort chair that can be pulled out into a little bed thingy, that way he can rest a bit but he refuses to take it, insisting that I take it, he'll sit in one of the regular chairs.

I watch Isaac bring his chair over next to me, trying to be as quiet as he can, and smile when I see just how tired he looks.

Stubborn man I tell you.

I reach for Isaac's hand, turning his wrist over and checking the time on his Apple Watch. It's past 3 am, and my eyes are starting to feel the heaviness.

Isaac turns his hand over, entwining his fingers with mine, "get some rest."

I shake my head squeezing his hand, "I'll be okay, how you holding up?"

Isaac tightens his grip and is looking up at Patrick laying in the hospital bed in front of us and stays quiet.

"Babe?"

"How am I gonna save him from this?" He thinks out loud, tearing his gaze away from Ric.

I lean over to my left, resting my chin on his shoulder looking up at him, "it's not your responsibility to fix him baby."

"He has no one."

"He has you, his friends, but Ric's also a big boy, he's an adult, babe, he needs to buck up himself and take responsibility. You can't make him change, baby, he needs to want to change in order for you guys to help him so stop blaming yourself for what he's doing to himself."

He nods his head quietly and is leaning down to place a kiss on my forehead, "you should get some sleep."

I shake my head and sit up straight, "I'm fine."

Isaac leans in placing another kiss on my forehead, "thank you," he whispers.

"For what?" I frown.

He shrugs his shoulders, "everything, for still  being here after all the bullshit, for not running away, not giving up, allowing me to be a part of your life."

I scoff quietly and place my hands on his face, bringing him in for a kiss on the lips, "I think you hit your head harder than you think, baby, you have it backwards."

He frowns.

"Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life," I smile. "Thank you for coming into my life when I most needed you, thank you for saving me."

Isaac smiles softly leaning in for another kiss, "I love you."

I remind him how much I love him and force him to switch spots with me and get in the comfortable chair when I see him wince from his shoulder pain and surprisingly he doesn't fight me and switches, taking a small nap.

I call it a nap because Isaac ends up waking me up a couple hours later, a little before 7 in the morning actually, insisting that we switch again and I take the reclining chair so I can sleep comfortably, stating that he actually has to leave and take care of some work.

He actually asked if I would like to go back home and I told him no, that I want to stay with Ric, someone should be here for when he wakes up.

Isaac gives me a quick kiss goodbye asking me if I need anything from the house, that he'll send it over with one of the guys, I shake my head no explaining that I have my kindle in my purse and the hospital blanket, I will be fine, I'll text him the second Ric is awake and he's leaving short after.

I fall back to sleep once Isaac is gone for about another couple hours when a deep soft voice is actually waking me up.

I wake up and think it's one of the nurses coming back in to check in on Ric but it's not, it's actually him, I look in his direction to find him laying in bed, softly stirring in his sleep, as he lets out a couple more soft whimpers and I'm instantly kicking the hospital blanket it off of me.

He's probably having some sort of nightmare.

I grab one of the two chairs that were beside me and pick it up, taking it with me. I place it right next to Patrick's hospital bed and place my hand on his arm, trying to gently shake and wake him up.

"Ric?" I whisper softly. "Hey.. wake up."

Nothing.

"Ric.."

He must really be in deep sleep because I still get no response from him, but his breathing starts to pick up.

He's definitely having a bad dream.

My voice comes out a little more stern than the third time as my hand slides down from his arm to his hand, "Patrick."

I feel him instantly squeeze my hand as he attempts to open his eyes but I can tell that it's a genuine struggle.

A few more seconds pass by when Ric's looking up in my direction but I don't think he's fully awake or aware of where he's at because he stays quiet, his eyes softly wandering the room as they start to slowly shut back up and he's easing up on my hand.

Using my foot, I look over my shoulder and slide the chair closer behind me and take a seat in it, never once letting go of Ric's hand, scooting closer to the bed, Incase he does try to wake up again.

I place my free hand on his arm, attempting to comfort him and murmurs, "it okay, Ric, I got you, I'm here, you're not alone."

****

"Red."

"Red.."

"Hailey.."

I inhale a deep breath and slowly begin to stretch my body out and sit back up when I hear a deep voice in my sleep. I had eventually leaned over to rest my head on the bed for a couple minutes  and ended up falling asleep.

How long was I out?

I look up in front of me to find Patrick finally awake, not Dion.

"Hey," I smile almost instantly.

He doesn't engage me back at first and I think that maybe he's still a little out of it when he keeps the same stern look on his face but is looking down at the bed a second later, down at my hand still entwined with his, "can I have my hand back?" He squeezes it gently.

Embarrassed of still hanging onto it I immediately let go and pulled my hand back, "oh my god, I'm sorry."

He shakes his head and rasps, "what are you doing here?"

"Keeping you company," I smile and get up from the chair that I had pulled closer to the hospital bed and push it back to where it first was, giving him some space.

"You don't have to do that for me."

I turn back around and smile, taking  a seat in the comfortable chair again, "I know, I wanted to, I care about you Ric."

He stays quiet and is looking off to the floor in front of him, "does KP know you're here?"

"He does," I say. "He was here the whole night with you. He had to go away on work business this morning and was worried about leaving so I told him that I would stay."

Ric doesn't say anything in return, he actually continues to avoid looking in my direction, looking off to the side, a now sadden expression on his face, rather than a cold stern one.

"Dion was here too."

He quickly averts his attention to me but doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

He licks his chapped lips, glancing down at his lap, "I- I remember his voice, him yelling."

I nod my head slowly, "he's the one that found you."

"Do you know what happened?"

He nods, "It's a blur but I remember bits and pieces. They're probably furious.."

"They're worried," I corrected him.

He looks in my direction, meeting my gaze and stays quiet but I can see the hurt and sadness behind his eyes as they begin to gloss up, yet he refuses to break.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled while breaking our eye contact.

"Don't be. All this anger you bottled up inside is not healthy, Ric. They're willing to help you if you let them, you don't have to do this on your own, you're not as alone as you think. Let someone in, let someone help you."

"I don't want to be helped," he grits in between clenched teeth, as a single starts to stream down his cheek. "They should've just let me die."

I sigh long and hard and get up from the chair, walking back over to him, "you don't mean that, Patrick and you know damn well you don't. Life isn't meant to be fair dude, life is meant to be hard, not easy, it's called being a human being, you're bound to struggle eventually. Why would you want to take the easy way out, why would you want to take the cowardly way out. Last time I checked you weren't a coward, you were this bad ass mother fucker that took a beating from practically a whole football team."

Ric snickers at this as he lets more tears slowly run down his face.

"You may have been raised differently than me and lived differently, but we all hurt the same, Ric."

He stays quiet and I reach for his hand, "she would be up your ass if she knew what you were doing to yourself, Ric.."

He instantly squeezes it as he lets out a breathy sob, "I don't know how to make it stop, I- I didn't even get to say goodbye to her, I ended things so badly thinking it would protect her, thinking I could fix it later on but I can't, I don't know how."

I nod my head as I feel my own tears damp my cheeks, "I'm gonna help you fix it, we're gonna figure a way out, you're gonna get her back, I promise, Ric, but you need to stop doing this to yourself.  Find another way to numb the pain please, if you won't let us help you then find a better outlet than drinking and doing drugs, if you end up killing yourself than her leaving would've been for nothing, Ric."

Ric nods his head and squeeze's my hand, "we're gonna get her back," he says. I frown. "Ang told me what happened, what Car did."

I immediately release his hand and shake my head as I take a step back, "it is what it is."

"Don't do that, Red, don't act like you don't care, you've never been that type of person."

I shrug my shoulders as I walk back to the chair, "what do you want me to say, Ric?"

"Carmel- Mr. Matteo, he's uh- he's good at getting inside one's head, Hailey, he knows how to completely change someone, bring the worst out in them no matter the cost; as long as it benefits him of course. It's his way and only his way, there's no arguing with him."

"I beg to differ," I smile playfully.

Ric scoffs softly, "there's no doubt in my mind that the boss man does have a soft spot for you, red, but please don't push him, everyone has a weakness, unfortunately we just so happen to share one of the same ones."

"Carmen," I murmur.

He nods his head, "she was scared, red, she did what any sane person would do when they get put in a situation with KP's dad, she didn't just abandon you, Hailey."

"You're right, Ric, she didn't, because she had left me behind a long time ago, the second you guys started sneaking around, so please spare me the sob story, I'll help you get her back like I promised, you don't have to defend her honor."

"Red-"

"Ric, please, just drop it, I don't care to continue this conversation."

"He had her dad," he said bluntly. "Carmelo took Carmen's dad and said if she didn't take the money and run, the only way she would get her dad back would be in pieces and her mom would be next."

"Money?" I frown.

"I'm guessing they left that part out."

I stay quiet.

"Carmen's stupid stubborn, Haiely, she refused to leave, she argued and argued that she wouldn't leave you behind so Mr. Matteo did what he did best and manipulated the situation. He made her choose between her family's safe being or your guy's friendship and she chose to protect you from the truth, she chose to purposely hurt you and make herself out to be the bad guy because she was scared, Hailey."

I don't realize that I'm actually crying until I feel something damp hit me on my hand and I look down to see a couple of tear drops.

"He gets in your head without even knowing it, Red, it didn't take much to pin you against your best friend.."

I feel my breath instantly hitch as I wipe my tears from my face, my hands are a complete wreck, they're so shaky.

"He breaks you so that he can re-mold you into what's accommodating for him.."

"So then why do you let him? Why did you give in?" I questioned.

Ric shrugs his shoulders, "I have nothing left."

I don't bother saying anything in return, it's clear as day that Patrick isn't going to listen to anything I have to say no matter how many times I remind him that he's not alone, so therefore I leave it alone, I give him his space.

I actually got up from the chair and went down to the cafeteria to get a breath of fresh air, the air was starting to feel a bit thin in the room after the heavy conversation Ric just unloaded.

My mind was racing from the instant that I stepped out of the room, It was hard to grasp onto one thought alone, a feeling even.

It doesn't completely shock me that Carmelo used Mr. Rodriguez as leverage to get what he wants, he's known for being notorious, I guess I just didn't expect to feel it so close to home.

Carmen's dad was like a second father figure to me, he looked after me, took care of me  while my dad worked late nights, after my mom passed away and Caleb was too busy being an angry teen, having no care in the world.

I considered Carmen and her family to be like my second family, they filled the small void I had when I lost my mother and I felt like everything was falling apart, I absolutely cherished her parents. I could never forgive myself should anything happen to them.

I suddenly wasn't feeling so angry and hurt anymore, instead I started to feel sad that I could ever even think that my best friend would just up and leave with no reason, she was the last good part of my childhood that I had left, she what keeps me routed to my mundane life as Carmelo likes to call it.

I grab two bags of chips and a couple of juices for myself and Ric Incase he decides he wants to snack throughout the day and make myself up to his room to find that he fell back to sleep and quietly make my way back into the room.

I place the lays and apple juice next to his bed and go back to sit in my chair, laying my own goodies on the little table tray next to me. I don't bother opening up the bag of chips, I don't want the crinkling sound to wake up Patrick, God knows he needs all the sleep he can get.

I pull my Kindle out of my bag and reach for my phone to check if Isaac has texted me back or called, he hasn't, however he did open my message about an hour ago which leads me to believe that he just hasn't had time to reach out to me.

I open my Kindle and get comfortable in the chair as I start to catch on some reading, something I don't do much of now a days, I don't read as much as I use too, as much as I love too, then again my life was no longer quiet and boring, there was always something going on with Isaac and his family, whatever free time I had I spent it hanging out with him because his free time is so valuable to me and I like to cherish every moment of it, regardless of what were doing.

I must have dozed off while I was reading because I find myself waking up to a semi loud wrinkling sound to find Ric now has his bag of chips in his lap.

"Sorry," he smiles apologetically, "I was trying so hard not to wake you up."

I shake my head and smile, sitting up on the chair, "how long was I out?"

Ric takes this time to open up his bag of chips completely, "not long, forty minutes maybe. Thank you," he holds out the bag of lays in front of him.

"I can get you something else if you want."

"Nah, I don't really have an appetite, they were kind just sitting there you know, so they tempted me."

I snort softly and tilt my head up towards the television that's hanging on the wall to see that it's on now, "what are you watching?"

Patrick shrugs his shoulders about to say something when there's a soft knock on the door.

I nearly fall out of my seat when the door begins to open and my heart instantly flutters and stomach churns when I see who it is.

It's my boyfriend, but he's not alone, he's with Carmen.

She's actually here, what the hell is she doing here? Did he go get her?

I quickly turn to look at Ric to see the same shock look on his face as he watches Carmen and Isaac walk into the room.

She looks completely different, has it been that long.. She's no longer a brunette, most of her dark hair is gone now, she's a blonde, and a damn good one.

"C-car?" Ric stammers sitting up on the bed.

Her eyes instantly begin to water as she nods her head, "hi papi."

She pays no attention to me and is instantly rushing over to him a second later and he's quickly pulling her in for a kiss, as I turn to look at Isaac to find a smug smile on his face as he lingers near the door.

Ric pulls apart from Carmen as his hands cling onto her face, "You're actually here?"

She nods her head letting out a little sob and there's a sudden ache in my chest, seeing her standing there, here, makes me realizes just how much I've actually missed her, but Isaac didn't bring her here for me, he did it for his friend, he's trying to save what little there is left of him.

Ric reaches for a small strand of Car's new bleached hair, "what the hell did you do to your hair?"

"I needed a new look," she smiles bashfully.

Ric doesn't say anything, he actually goes back in to kiss her and she's instantly cupping his face now pulling away from him as Isaac and I look away, at each other, and he's smiling from ear to ear.

It's adorable how proud of himself he is right now. I tilt my head calling him over to me and he's about to push himself off of the door frame when Carmen's voice is gaining both of our attention.

"Stop trying to kill yourself, Patricio."

Ric lets out a small little sob when I realize that Carmen isn't the only one crying anymore, there's tears running down his face as Carmen attempts to wipe them off.

He starts to shake his head, "I miss you so fucking much," he tells her.

"And I miss you too papi, but this behavior, this attitude you now have, it needs to stop, Ric. Stop being a menso, you're so much better than this baby."

"I fucked up, I'm sorry," he cries

My eyes threaten to water up as I hear the pain and hurt in Ric's voice.

Carmen leans back in to kiss him "shhh it's okay you're okay."

"Carmen." My boyfriend grumbles from the door.  "Wrap it up."

Ric frowns and is quickly glancing over at Isaac and then Carmen, confused "you're leaving?"

She nods her head and Ric's instantly shaking his head no, "y-you can't leave, you just got here."

Carmen begins to cry and is actually leaning back in to kiss Patrick, "I can't stay papi, as much as I want too, I can't. If he finds me here I'm dead."

"I'm sorry," he looks up at her. "I shouldn't have dragged you into my mess, I should've stayed away like you asked me, you were enough."

"It's okay baby, I get it, this is your life."

He looks up at her, "I love you. I'm gonna find a way for us to be together."

She nods her head, "promise?"

He nods in return "I promise."

Carmen's leaning back in to kiss him one more time, "I love you so fucking much."

My phone begins to ring on the little table that's beside me, killing their whole little mood and I'm instantly reaching for it, about to silence the call when chills are ruining up my arms.

I glance over at my boyfriend to find him already watching me.

"It's your dad."

****

A/N; Back at it again with them Clift hangers bahaha. Anyways told you guys not to get use to my quick updates, mental health was starting to get the best of me again but fxck that bitch lmao 

I hope you guys liked this chapter, till next time my babies, tootles🤍

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

241K 7.5K 44
After getting shot during a burglary some months ago, Alissa Clover Green is on her way to full recovery. She has the love of her three aunts, she's...
343 2 45
NEW BOOK Kassidy Jin Hill is set on following her plan: leave her hometown as far as possibly and as soon as possible, but what happens if a certain...
26 3 6
After Jamie and Isaac leave their friend Louis in Sera's care, will they indulge themselves in a conversation?
Hierarchy Par OKAay

Mystère / Thriller

161K 4.4K 26
After going to jail for manslaughter, Regina WestWood wants a normal quiet life when she comes out. However, with a school stuck in elitist ways and...