I'm in Naruto, and I will hel...

By NaluXGaleforever

(un-edited so mistakes abound!) (Being re-read and redone in bits.❤️ Thanks to everyone who reads, this old f... More

!New Team 7!
mission to the wave
sand siblings
chunin exam
chunnin exams part 2
storys to be told
News Fash
Lady Tsunade
Good Byes and letters
AN!!
look what the cat dragged in
Kikyo had an idea with finjusu
Kikyo gets an organization
A new beginning
Homecoming
hey sister
lets party pinky pie style
A.N!!!!
important AN!
important! I'm back!
Act 2
the end
the 2nd book

family bonding

380 10 1
By NaluXGaleforever

"So how did everyone sleep?" Kikyo asked Obito, eyes on the eggs she was scrabbling. She had heard him and felt his chakra coming down the stairs.

"Everyone in my room was fine. Rin was asleep fast. Kakashi stayed up reading that book." Kikyo chukled. She looked over her shoulder to Obito and gestured for him to come over.

Obito obediently came up next to Kikyo. "Can you cook some bacon, Obi?" 

"Yeah, no problem." He moved to work beside her. This was their morning routine. Kikyo would wake up first, then Obito, and they would cook breakfast for the others.

While putting the bacon in the pan, Obito glanced at Kikyo from the corner of his eye. When he was around Kikyo, he felt calm, and happy. He loved the stories she would tell. Above all, when he thought about working with her, he didn't want to disappoint her.

Obito didn't fully understand what he felt with the young Uzumaki. The closest thing he could come up with was familial love, but not like a sister. He couldn't figure it out, and he didn't want to talk to others about it. He didn't want others to think he was being creepy. He wasn't.

So deep in his thoughts he didn't notice the bacon burning. He was brought back by Kikyo's voice.

"Obito! You're burning them!" He looked at the bacon, surprised and still half in thought. "Let me see that?" He went to move back when his hand brushed the pan. He bit his tongue to stop himself from yelling in pain.

Kikyo whent about putting the bacon on a plate. She put the pan down on the stove. She shook her head. Obito was so spacy, and could easily lose himself in his thoughts. He smiled to herself, even without her there he ended up a bit like her.

She looked at Obito, and instantly noticed him gingery holding his hand. She couldn't help but enter mama bear mode. "What happened?"

He tried to wave it off."Kikyo it's fi-"

"Don't you dare say that young man!" He looked at her shocked.

"I'm not so young you know" she only snorted.

"Yeah sure that's why you're pouting. Come on let me see."

He gave in, holding out his hand for her to see. She quickly saw where it was, the side of his thumb. She nodded. It wasn't too bad, it was going to blister, at least it would have if she wasn't a healer.

She got some water from the faucet. She water bended it over her hand and held it on the burn. The water glowed as she started to heal him. She shook her head again.

"I know you're a grown man, but right now I can't help but see myself when I was young."

Obito blinked. He sat on a stool as Kikyo finished the healing and went back to cooking. Looking at his thumb, he saw it was completely healed.

"You're still young." She snorted.

"Not mentally.  Mentally I'm over thirty."

Obito shrugged, "still don't know if I believe you on that still."

She laughed, spinning to face him, eyes dancing with mischief. "You don't have to, just listen to this old lady and her stories." She gave him a wide smile. It made him crumble and agree to just listen to them. She nodded satisfied, and she went back to cooking.

"Hey Kikyo." She hummed in response. "What were you like when you were 'young' then?

Kikyo sighed, "I was a dreamer" that stuck Obito still. "I was always late, although unlike you wanting to help others, I just would lose track of time. I wanted to be a ninja, and be cool and have a life of adventure. I was hyper. Although mind you," she faced him again, "I also wanted to be a princess, because they got all the good food."

Obito laughed at that. He bent over in his chair, holding his stomach. He laughed so long and hard that he was hurting by the time he stopped. When he looked up she was back at cooking.

She looked at peace, and happy. At that moment he thought of the word he'd been looking for: motherly. She looked like Rin's mom when he went to her house when they were young, and something was wrong with her daughter.

He never had that. He was the disappointment. Even his own mother and father had been disappointed in him. He never had the connection with his mother and father that others had with theirs. It wasn't that he didn't love them, but they felt more like his adoptive parents. He had been sure when he was young he had been adopted, especially when he couldn't get Sharingan.

"Hey, Obi, what's wrong?" He looked up to see Kikyo had finished with the eggs and bacon. She had put them in the oven to help keep them warm. Her eyes were now looking into his lone one. Only now did he notice he was crying.

"It's nothing." He said in reflex, then sunk in on himself slightly. He expected her to tell him just to tell her what was wrong and not the lie to her. Instead she sighed and sat down next to him. She reached out and held his hand that hadn't been burned.

"Please, I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong." He looked into her blue eyes, and once again he crumbled. He just couldn't say no to Kikyo.

"It's just, what you said made me think of my childhood and my parents." He saw a quick flash of pain in her eyes, then replaced by understanding.

"You must miss them." Obito looked at her, then decided honesty was the best. He shrugged.

"Not really, I was a disappointment to them and the clan. I don't think they were all that fond of me. They were probably the proudest when I 'died'."

She looked at him shocked. Then, anger flared in her eyes. It was so sudden that Obito jerked back. She looked like someone just killed her puppy in front of her, and she was out for blood.

"How dare they," she said quietly, the louder," how dare they!" She whirled around and started taking out ingredients. "Take out the bacon and eggs from the oven, and turn it on to 350 fahrenheit." Obito nodded, and rushed to do what she said.

After he was done, he went back to the stool. He watched as Kikyo whent about making what seemed like cake. He got the courage to ask, "what are you doing Kikyo?"

She looked at him, pausing in her movements. A softness in her eyes, and regret? He didn't know what was wrong, but he didn't like it. He never liked seeing Kikyo upset. "Change of plans, cake for breakfast." His eye grew wide.

"Why?"

"Because,"she started up her work again while talking,"cake is the best thing when you're depressed. And you're going to get my share of cake too."

"No, I can't take your cake!" He waved his hands in the air.

"I'll eat the eggs and bacon. Goodness knows no one will want that if there's cake."

"But the bacon is burned." He said duly, looking for anything to convince her to eat some cake.

"So?"she challenged, her blue eyes holding a fine. "You made them, and so they're going to taste great!" He was suddenly reminded of Rin telling him of the time she made her parents breakfast. She had burned everything, but her parents had eaten it anyway.

He smiled,"are you this motherly with all your friends?"

Her eyes went wide, then as she put the batter into the pan she shook her head. She put the bowl and whisk she had been using in front of him. "Lick it clean." She said curtly. She grabbed the pan and put it into the oven.

He looked at the bowl. He didn't know if he really should. Somewhere in him, the younger him was telling to do it. Kikyo sat next to him once again. She grabbed the whisk and started to lick it clean. Using her fingers to get the crevices she couldn't get with her tongue.

Obito went for it, and started to eat the batter. When he was done, Kikyo was smiling at him. She grabbed the bowl from him and put them in the sink. He watched her as she sat down again.

"I would be proud." She said quietly.

He looked at her for a moment. Not understanding. "What?"

She sighed, and looked at him. "I would be proud of you if I was your mother." He blinked in surprise. "You're kind and loyal. I would be so proud of you."

His eye shifted down to his hands on the table. They still had batter on them. "Even though you know what I've done. What have I done to you and many more?" He didn't know why he asked, but something in him wanted to hear her answer.

Her eyes grew cold, but he could feel it wasn't him she was angry with. "If I was your mother. You wouldn't have ever had to ask that question. You would've been very bothered by me. Staying that you were grown up and didn't need me to coddle you. But you would know that if you ever needed help I would have helped in an instant." Her eyes were down , studying her hands.

He looked at her amazed, but somehow loved. Acting on something deep down within the reassess of his mind. He hugged her. Kissing her light on the head. He held after that, but she broke away to take out the cake.

She put it on the stove to let it cool. Rubbing her temples. "What's wrong?" Kikyo looked at him. She couldn't tell him everything. She had already said too much. She couldn't tell him that she was upset that her son had grown up feeling inadequate by his own family. His own mother.

"I had a fight with Naruto yesterday. I know she will not let it go. I bet you anything she will continue the argument today."

Obito lifted his brow. "What was it about?"

Kikyo shrugged. "Me going back to the leaf. I told her I couldn't, and it unraveled from there." Obito nodded.

"I'll be here if you need me." Kikyo gave him a smile.

"Thank you, but I don't think that will be necessary. I will be giving her an assignment of her own. "

"What will that be?" She smirked.

"You'll have to find that out on your own."

As the guests came downstairs in ones and twos, they saw Obito and Kikyo icing the cake while talking to those who came down. Eventually everyone was there except a certain blonde.

Kikyo chukled. She looked over to Sasuke."Could you bring down my sister. If she doesn't come down right away just tell her you'll throughout her ramen. It works every time."  Sasuke raised an eyebrow, but went up stairs.

As soon he was gone. Kikyo leaned over the table top of the counter towards Sakura. Said girl blinked. "What?"

Kikyo smirked viciously. "So how are you and your precious Sasuke-kun?" She asked in a sing-song voice.

Sakura blushed in embarrassment. Obito was putting the finishing touches of the Uzumaki swirl, hiding his smile. Rin was smiling, but in sympathy. Kushina was desperately trying to hold it together, While Minato was slightly confused and worried. Kakashi simply smiled behind his book and mask.

"I'm not into Sasuke anymore." Sakura said quietly. Kikyo blinked.

"What?"

Sakura grimmest, "I'm not into Sasuke anymore."

Kikyo nodded. "Yes I heard, I'm just surprised. What brought this on?"

Sakura shrugged, "I actually talked to him, without the squealing and yelling. And I learned about myself and him. And what I learned was I didn't really love him, I loved the idea of him. So I let it go."

Kikyo leaned back. Blinked a few times, then smiled. "Good, I always thought you should not be chasing after guys. You're such a badass you don't need a man."

"So you're not mad? I remember you liked the idea of us together."

"It's okay Sakura, from my old world there are often multiple ships for each person. I mean look at Naruto, she's got the most ships. She's got ships from Itachi to Kakashi, to Sasuke, and all of them at once."

Now everyone was pale, especially Kakashi who felt like he was going to pass out. Sakura was pale but also thinking. "What was your favorite?" Kikyo blinked.

"Favorite what?"

"Ship." The pink haired girl said matter of factually.

Kikyo paused. Then slowly, her face morphed into one of pain. Finally she said in a frustrated tone, "I don't know I have three: Kakanaru, ShikaNaru, and Sasunaru."They all looked at her weirdly. She shrugged. "What, I think two of those guys are super hot."

Sakura smiled, she knew who she thought was hot, but she wanted to see if Kikyo would say it. "Who's the one not so hot?"

"Sasuke."Kikyo said immediately. Kakashi was thankful for the mask on his face, but knew he would never hear the end of this from Obito.

"Then why Sasunaru?" Pinky asked.

Kikyo smiled, "They have this dynamic that's cute. You don't know if they're going to make out or kill each other. But when they make out, Everytime Sasuke takes care of Naruto. No one would want to ensure the wrath of an Uchiha. Plus I think that they would make really cute baby's."

Sakura looked contemplative for a moment. "You know I think he has a thing for Naruto."

"Wait, what, really!" Kikyo yelled at this. "Why do you think so?"

Sakura smirked and shared the looks the two had exchanged during the test. Plus how they had arrived together when they left the leaf.

"O.M.K!  My fav ship might sail. I never thought this would happen! I never thought they would make it past the siblings stage!"

They all watched as she continued to fangirl. Sakura, who was the calmest because she was more immune to the fan girly ways, calmed Kikyo down. "They're going to come down soon. Kikyo."

Kikyo nodded, giggling.  "Sorry, it's just, wow. If the fandom could be here now. They would have a field day about this." Sakura nodded, not understanding, but trying to calm the girl down. Eventually The red head started the dishes, humming happily. The others sighed in relief, they had avoided Kikyo's fan-girly moment.

Meanwhile up stairs, a young teen stood above his teammate in her toad PJs. She was in the most uncomfortable position that he could imagine, yet she seemed fine with it. Till she flipped over into a worse position. She made whining noises.

Sasuke hesitated, then shook her shoulder, nothing. He shook him again, nothing. He leaned into her face. This reminded him of the day that l that they were put on the same team. The day Naruto had kissed him. That day he had just felt violated, she knew it wasn't the blonde's fault, which is why he never did anything against the dube. But now he remembered how soft her lips were that day. He shook his head. He did not need there's thought to wake her up.

He said lowly as to not scare Naruto, though considering how deep a sleeper Naruto was he didn't think he could, "I'll throw away your ramen." He leaned back. A moment passed, then another, and another, finally she jerked up. Searching for her ramen.

She whined about there being no ramen. Looking at Sasuke with foggy eyes. "That wasn't fair! Sasu-kun." He blinked fighting a blush.

"Sasu-Kun?"

She flopped down on her bed again, still half asleep. "Yeah, it's what me and Kikyo called you when we were younger to make fun of your fan club. I think it's cute."she ruined the effect of her words by scratching her butt as she said them.

He frowned. "Kikyo made cake for breakfast." Naruto jumped up and started for her pack. Sasuke blushed when he realized in her excitement over cake she forgot about him being in the room and was getting changed. He closed his eyes and as extra precaution put his hand over his eyes. Soon Naruto had grabbed one of his hands, and was dragging him down stairs.

When they did, Sasuke could feel more than the usual attention on them. He frowned deeper. "I heard you made cake sissy!"Naruto exclaimed. Kikyo chukled, nodding.

She gave everyone some cake. Sasuke was watching as Kikyo put two pieces on The last plate, which was obito's. Obito didn't look too content with the arrangement, but didn't try to argue with her. Kikyo started to eat what seemed to be eggs and burned bacon.

They ate in relative silence. When they all were done they sat around the table, not sure what to say. That is till Kikyo stood from where she was sitting. Managing eye contact with Naruto as she spoke.

"I know you guys came here for me, but I don't want you guys slacking on training. So Sakura, could you help Rin and Karen at the hospital?"

Sakura looked confused for a moment, but still nodded. Rin smiled at the pink haired girl. Kikyo continued.

"Now Sasuke and Naruto, you guys are going to learn from four and fox. Sasuke will practice what he has, I'm sure you have plenty of Jutsu to completely master. Naruto you will learn two things from them, the first is the Uzumaki chains."

"The what?"

Kikyo chuckled at Naruto, "it's our clan's kekkei genkai. Fox is an Uzumaki and knows how to use it. Then you will learn to master your wind affinity."
Naruto's mouth fell open, "but I can air bend!"
Nodding, Kikyo spoke, "yeah, but the bending is all about evasion and the affinity is all about attack. But I have a tip, if you haven't figured it out yet. You can use your shadow clones, you'll keep the memories of the clones, and you will learn jutsu faster."

"Why do you want me to master my affinity?" Kikyo smirked.

"I want you to invent the next stage of the rasengan."

"
A.N:

I know my story has gone off kilter. And I understand if no one likes it. But it's not the original story, and that's the point.

I saw so many story's where the presence of the new character / OC was barely felt in the continuity. So I wrote this mainly to show how I would like this type of books to be because with the addition of the new character the story changes as well because of Kikyo, Naruto didn't grow up entirely alone. Naruto had to take care of a blind girl giving her a sense of responsibility.

Now Kiki is making her own choices and is changing the story even more. Because that's what we would be doing in her place. Going out into the world and just exploring. Trying to save Itachi and Toby and Sasuke.  Kikyo's just the avatar so has the power to do so.

For the few still reading I'll continue writing this till it's done. But the truth is I would like some in put. On what Kikyo should do. Because this is her story after Naru leaves I would probably skip to the Kage summet. And I don't want that, I would felt weird for me.

So I was thinking something about maybe looking for spirit water. For healing purposes. Idk, sounds stupid?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.2K 40
(Previously known as The Uzumaki-Namikaze Twins. I changed the name and cover because it didn't fit with my story well! But this is better!) What if...
46.8K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
847K 27.7K 38
Sato Sayaka, age thirteen, is assigned to learn the Rasengan from Namikaze Minato, the sensei of Nohara Rin, Uchiha Obito, and Hatake Kakashi. Obito...
27K 803 38
*COMPLETE & FINISHED EDITING* This is a modern version story of Naruto. (L/N) (Y/N) is from a rich family. Her mother died giving birth to her. Her f...