COTE A New Beginning

By Kouhai_D-chan

During the 2nd inhabited island exam, an unimaginable situation happened that caused Kiyo to have amnesia??? ... More

Chapter 2: Blending In (Rewritten)
Chapter 3: Unfathomable

Chapter 1: Memories

2K 93 68
By Kouhai_D-chan

Kiyo POV

In the hospital inside the school campus

I opened my eyes slightly but immediately closed it afterwards due to the blinding light that I saw when I opened my eyes for a bit. After closing it, I tried to open it again to be able to see what's happening around me and everytime I do so, I'm beginning to see things clearer than before. Suddenly, while I was trying to open my eyes, I heard a girl's voice shouting near me. She kept shouting,

"Doctor! Doctor! Kiyotaka regained his consciousness! Doctor!"

'Huh? Kiyotaka? Who is that?'

After shouting and shouting in here, I saw her ran out of the room with my still slightly blurred eyes. It looks like she has a long hair tied into a ponytail and it's around waist length. I couldn't quite see the color though.

Slightly after she ran outside, I began to see things clearly now. After looking around, I noticed that I was in a hospital room, and I am injected by something that lets the liquid in that bag flow through my body. It also seems that I am now alone in this room after that girl from earlier left to call the doctor.

After analyzing the situation I'm in, someone went inside the room and from the uniform he is wearing, I believe he is a doctor of this hospital and the doctor that, that girl shouting earlier called.

"Ayanokouji-kun can you see me?"

The doctor asked while waving his hand in front of my eyes. Is he perhaps talking to me? And who is Ayanokouji?

"Are you perhaps talking to me? Yeah, I can see you but who are you?"

"Yes, Ayanokouji-kun. I am a doctor of this in-school hospital."

"Huh? Who is this Ayanokouji and Kiyotaka person? And where did she go?

I am referring to the girl who shouted earlier asking the doctor to come to this room.

"What? You don't remember your name? And she? Oh her..., she went to call the teacher in-charge of Class D."

"Yeah, wait, then what is my name? Ayanokouji or Kiyotaka?"

"Doctor, what happened to Kiyotaka!!??"

Hmm? The girl from earlier shouted suddenly, she seems to have overheard a bit of my conversation with the doctor. She's also with another woman right now. I believe she is the teacher in-charge that the doctor said.

"Calm down, Karuizawa-san, for now we'll check his brain scan and find out about what's causing his amnesia. For now, we should at least be thankful that he is once again conscious and pray for his condition to get better."

Karuizawa huh? So that's her name...

"Hmm...okay. Can I stay with him for now?"

Eh? Why would you want to stay with me? But hey, that's better than staying in this room alone, right?

"Yes sure, by the way, the results for the MRI scan should be out in a week or two."

"Yes, thank you Doctor."

The doctor then left the three of us in this room.

"Ayanokouji how are you feeling now?"

The teacher in-charge of Class D or so they say, asked me and I feel like her voice is different from before. I don't remember how it sounds exactly, it just feels kinda off for me.

"Ayanokouji, that's me, right? Oh well, My head still hurts a bit and I can't even remember who I am. Do you guys mind telling me what happened?"

"As for what happened to you that caused you to be brought to the hospital or even worse have amnesia, we don't know anything about it. We're still investigating that part but if it's about what happened to you in this school during your first year to before the special exam, I believe Karuizawa here can tell you about it."

"Hmm, okay. Sensei are you the teacher in charge of Class D?"

I asked the woman this Karuizawa girl brought here earlier after calling the doctor.

"Yes, how do you know that?"

"The doctor earlier said that Karuizawa-san called you earlier and that you're the teacher in charge of Class D. Does that mean I'm a student from Class D too?"

Well it just honestly won't make that much sense if she came here in exchange for the teacher supposed to be in charge of the class I'm in but it'll still make a bit of sense that way so I asked just to be sure.

"Yes, indeed you're a Class D student as well as Karuizawa here."

Hmm...her too?

"Wait, wait if I'm not mistaken, Kiyotaka did you call my name with a suffix?"

Ehh? Is that bad? or am I not like that before?

"Yeah, why? I mean isn't that more respectful especially since I don't remember you."

"Woah. Kiyotaka, you really don't remember me? You never called my name with a suffix before."

"Really? Are we that close for me to not call your name with a suffix? I really don't remember anything."

"Looks like you two have a lot to catch up on. I'll be off now then. I'll inform the two of you if we find anything new with the investigation of this incident."

After saying this, sensei then went out of the room and left the two of us alone here. 

"Thank you Chabashira-sensei!"

Karuizawa-san shouted towards the door where the disappearing figure of sensei's back can be seen.

"Chabashira-sensei? So that's sensei's name huh? How about you what's your full name? Also, is my full name Ayanokouji Kiyotaka or Kiyotaka Ayanokouji? I heard you call the doctor earlier using Kiyotaka and they're using Ayanokouji on me. You seem to know me a lot too given that you're my only classmate in this room with me right now."

"Well yeah. I'll just include that in the story. Now then, I'll tell you as briefly as possible about everything that happened to you that I know since you came to this school."

"Okay"

Then her storytelling started,

"To be honest, you're the type of person that no one would even notice unless you talk to them."

"Ouch. Am I really like that?"

"Yeah, you wanna hear a recording of your introduction? I went to get the cctv footage from Chabashira-sensei."

"Do I even have a choice? You already went to the trouble of getting it anyways so, might as well play it."

"Exactly, well then here let's start it."

She then proceeded to place a usb in the tv in front of us and played a clip. However, it would seems that the video she's showing only shows my introduction and not the introduction of the entire class.

In the video, it shows a blonde-haired guy which looks like the class representative given how he's the only one standing aside from me. However......I never imagined what happened to my introduction next. Why?

"Well ...... Um, my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The, er... there's nothing particular about me, I will do my best to get along with everyone, uh, nice to meet you."

What a messed up introduction..!

"Uhh...uhm...wow I introduced myself like that? No wonder you said no one will notice me unless I talk to them."

"Yep, that's your introduction. I honestly started talking to you one on one during our second special exam. Before that, I believe there is none or at least none to take note of."

"Woah, even you? By the way, who is that blonde guy in the video? He seems to be the class representative."

"Ohh...yep you're correct. His name is Hirata Yousuke. He's the class representative of Class D or at least that's how we see him."

"Huh? What do you mean? He's not really the class representative?"

"Nope, nothing of that sort. We just really don't have those kind of things. They became Class Representative simply because they bring the whole class together. It's not like we place them as Class Rep. on paper or anything."

"Oh okay okay, I get that."

"Okay, next thing I know about you since we're not yet close during this time. My information and story here is super limited. So next is, you're very close to Horikita-san. At least, that's what everyone thinks. Some even say you two were a couple but the two of you never admitted it or accepted it. Both of you always denied it so it's kinda forgotten now. Basically, if you wanna know more about your high school life before we became close, she will be the best person to ask about it. She know you better than anyone during that time. Many say that you two are close because you're both isolated from the class but who knows what's really up then? 

"Woah, that seems like one hell of a mystery story. Ha ha."

"Yep, wait did you just laugh?!?"

"Uh yeah, I felt like laughing but it felt weird for some reason?"

"Yeah of course, you never really laughed before you know? No even more than that you never smiled before!"

"Does it sound weird or it feels like it doesn't fit me?"

"Well kin..da..."

"Oh...okay..."

I probably shouldn't do it again. I didn't expect it to fail so bad. This must be why my introduction is like that.

"Hey, don't feel down. I'm sure if you keep practicing and doing it more, you'll be able to smile and laugh more naturally next time."

"Ha ha thanks."

I tried laughing again after hearing her say that. Oh well, it failed again but it didn't feel as weird as before so a few more practice should help.

"You can do it, okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

"That's the spirit"

Did she actually comforted me? That felt nice. I wonder what I felt before about having a friend like her.

"Oh and also Horikita-san is now a class representative of our class alongside Hirata-kun and Kushida-san, who is someone you reall- nah nevermind that one for now."

Eh? Kushida-san huh? I wonder what's up with her...

"Oh okay. Since Horikita-san's a class representative she must be easy to approach and talk to, right?"

That's how a class representative should be, right?

"Oh....yeah totally. Although it's not really like that before."

"Huh? What do you mean? It has something to do with us both being isolated from the class, right?"

"Yup, she's like that before however when the 3rd years that year left the school, she suddenly changed. She even went to school with a new haircut then. I think you know something about it but you probably can't remember it now."

"Yeah, I can't remember. So what's next for the story?"

"After that, I don't think there's anything else noteworthy so next is on our first special exam."

"Oh right... what does special exam mean? Like what do you do in it or something?"

"Ah right... I forgot you don't remember anything at all. So special exams affect our class points. Class points determine each class' standing in their class year. Class D is lowest and Class A is highest. If a class is able to gain more class points than the class above them, they will be promoted to that class and the class they got promoted on will be demoted to their class but you can also skip more than just one class but of course we've never done that before although we've been able to achieve Class C then, but got demoted to Class D again after another special exam."

"Oh okay...and I suppose this class points are important?"

"Of course, aside from them determining which Class you'll be in, it will also determine the amount of private points you get at the start of the month. Private points are used to buy anything that is in the school."

"Anything huh? Then can't you just transfer to Class A to get a lot of private points?"

"You can. But it's amount doesn't really allow as to do that easily. It's worth 20 M private points per person."

"Woahh...20 M?? That's a lot..."

"Yup. Oh here's your school ID. You can use the private points inside that phone by presenting it to the cashier. It's really easy so you should understand it immediately."

She then passes a phone to me that has my name and picture plus the private points and school ID number. I tried navigating through it and saw an app that has the letters "OAA".

"Hey Karuizawa-san, What is this OAA app here?"

"Oh, you already saw that? Well no doubt your abilities are still there. OAA app calculates the over all abilities of each student in this school from 1st year to 3rd year. You can find all their names and pictures there as well as how the school rates them from each aspect based on the results they give on recorded activities. It ranges from Academic Ability to Adaptability to Physical Ability to Social Contribution and lastly, the over all grade given to you."

"Hmm...okay. Woah, the stats of our class representatives are high. You can also sort them according to the highest and lowest in each category wow. This app is really helpful. So, I just need to memorize them now, right?"

"Well yeah, I mean if it's you, you'll no doubt memorize it in no time at all."

"Eh? You praise me too much, I mean, look at my stats here."

I showed her the phone that says,

"It's C, D+, C+, C+ and C, that's either average or below average."

"Ahh mou, Kiyotaka look at it properly... that's for 1st year since the OAA app started during our 2nd year."

"So when they first gave us the OAA app, the records listed were for our 1st year?"

 "Yea, yes, exactly. You're still quick on understanding things. Here's your second year stats."

She started scrolling my profile on her own phone and showed it to me afterwards.

"This is it??"

I asked because it felt like that wasn't mine given the drastic change from my 1st year stats. But no doubt, it's mine. That's clearly my profile above that can be seen.

"Yep, are you wondering about the big change from your first year stats?"

"Yeah, of course, I mean nearly everything went from average to high. Although, only adaptability didn't change..."

Well, I guess I'm still isolated from the class by then. Although I might've contributed a bit more? My Social Contribution stats went from C+ to B, after all.

"You really can't remember anything can you? You were hiding your abilities during the first year. However, something must've happened during the second year, that made you show a bit of your abilities."

"A bit? Why do you say so? I mean, my academic stats literally went from C to A-"

"Ha? Why do I say so? I kind of know about the extent of your abilities. I may not know how you do when you're giving your best but at least I know you were still hiding a bit of your abilities during the 2nd year."

"Ahh okay okay. Then if I'm as good as you say, do I help the class with my abilities?"

"Yep, a lot. The only problem is, they don't know about it."

"They don't know so that must mean I'm doing it behind their backs, right?"

"Indeed. You do a lot of plans and solve a lot of things behind everyone's back and the two of us are close because you ask me most of the time to do some things for your plans. Well, you used me then because I have a big influence over the girls in our class."

"Ohh? Really? I must be lucky to have a friend that popular."

"Haha yeah I guess....although...that's not really...the extent of what we are."

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Nope, nothing at all."

"Well after our first special exam. We were in a cruise then and we all thought it was a break after the special exam but they have another special exam planned during then. It involves something like finding out who the VIP is in our group and there are specific rewards and stuff for each outcomes possible. We were in the same group then and I'm the chosen VIP. You did something behind the scenes that no one else knew except for the two of us and that is you finding out that I'm the VIP. I'm skipping lots of stuffs here because sooner or later many people will come flooding in the door. I'll just tell you the whole story when we have some other time but for now let's just briefly discuss it."

She said this and pointed to the door that leads to the inside of my hospital room. So she means that soon, a lot of people will come to visit me since I'm not awake. She then continued the story,

"So, with that you came up with plans to make sure that I won't get caught as the VIP and our class won then but only in our group. There are 12 groups in total one for each zodiac sign."

"Is what I did really that amazing for you to give me such praise earlier?"

"You just don't know the whole story that's why you say that. Don't worry I'm sure you'll understand soon, how great you are."

"AYANOKOUJI!!!!"

Someone shouted along with the banging sound of the hospital room door being opened.

"Ike-kun! Don't shout like that! Jeez, he just woke up, you know?"

Karuizawa-san shouted to the guy who shouted my name on his way in.

"Oops- sorryyy. I'm just wayy too excited when we heard from Sae-chan sensei that Ayanokouji is now awake."

Sae-chan sensei? Who's that?

"Haha yeah we immediately all ran out of the room and went straight here."

"Out of the room?"

"Yeah, we were all called earlier through our cellphones that Chabashira-sensei has an announcement to make regarding a classmate of ours. We kinda expected it would be him though."

Well looks like only Karuizawa-san didn't receive the message since she's already here before Chabashira-sensei even came. There's a total of 37 people that came in so I suppose the entire class is here? It also looks like Sae-chan sensei and Chabashira-sensei is one person so "Sae-chan sensei" must be a nickname made by some of my classmates.

"Wait, Karuizawa-san how did you get here already? We all went out of the class immediately so you shouldn't have been here earlier than us."

"Uhm..."

"Oh right! If I remember correctly, she wasn't in the room when Chabashira-sensei called us."

"Uhh...to be honest I was here the entire time so I was the one who called Chabashira-sensei to tell her about Kiy- I mean Ayanokouji-kun waking up."

"Eh? Why were you here then?"

"I was just visiting him..."

I saw Karuizawa-san looking at a boy in our class. I think that boy she's looking at is Hirata Yousuke, one of the class representative of Class D. Why is she looking at him though?

"Really? We never see you two talk to each other before though."

"Hey guys. Let's stop asking why Karuizawa-san is here. We're here to visit KIyotaka-kun remember? Since he woke up now and all."

Ohh looks like something here is not known to the entire class and Karuizawa-san asked for help from Hirata-kun and here's his help.

"Kiyotaka? Why do you call him with his first name?"

Wow another secret?

"We became close to each other sometime during our 1st year."

Guess not.

"Oh okay... well then let's see how he's doing now then."

Before they asked me anything, I looked around to see everyone's faces and for some reason, one of them looks completely different from the others. She looks like she's seen a ghost or someone dead that came back to life.

END

A/N

Hi guys! I'm back for who knows how long it has been. I just finished the chap here since it feels long already for me given that, this is my longest chap as of now. To be honest, I was planning to continue a fic of mine but suddenly this idea came to mind and it's hard to think of a way for Kiyo to have amnesia so it became a challenge but I think this fic will be a fun one to write so I just did it and I think the plot for Kiyo to have amnesia at least sounds plausible. So guys, I have a few things to say and ask,

1) How is the chapter?

2) Kindly point out plot mistakes, grammar or spelling mistakes.

3) Which fic would you like me to update next among my now 4 fics? I have no draft ongoing so you can choose any of them and I'll do just that. No promises for the update date though.

4) Credits to You-zitsu wiki for some details here.

5) Thanks for any comments, suggestions, votes and follows.

6) If Kiyo's too OOC here, kindly say it because I'm purposely doing it to show his amnesia. Just tell me if it's a bit too much.

Story No. of Words: 3372 Words

With A/N No. of Words: 3576 Words

Date Published: June 24, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
124K 7.1K 43
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
504K 18.1K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
153K 5.5K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...