Chapter 3: Unfathomable

"I thought you would be smarter than that"

A sentence that passed by one's mind and another's lips.

---------------------------------------------

"Alright, I accept your condition. However, you must keep your word about not telling anyone about what you saw and what you know."

"Of course, of course. I'll keep my word...only if"

"Only if what?"

"You do what I say of course"

"Fine. What do you want me to do now? You aren't really giving me any other choice now either, you know?"

"Yes, now then first of all, you can't attend anything tomorrow."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You'll be starting tomorrow. I want you to follow someone."

"Follow someone eh?"

"Yes and make sure you're not to be caught til I tell you to come out"

"Your conditions.....but fine."

"I'll give you full details so take your time getting used to my place."

"Don't really wanna so just get on with it."

"Quite that rebellious one eh-?"

"Rebellious....yeah yeah sure. I don't really care. I just wanna finish this as soon as possible."

"Hate me that much?"

"Perhaps"

-------------

"I had no choice. He never really gave a different cho-"

As the person cut her sentence, that same person, spoke to her a fact that she cannot revoke, now that she is out of her previous situation.

"He had a weak point in your entire conversation, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were blinded by the fact that he was pressuring you, not knowing that he only did that to cover up his weak point. A question. A question that any sane person would've asked in that position. However, like I said, as he was pressuring you.....you had no way to think of that question at that moment."

"Just...what are you trying to say?"

"He gave you a test. He pressured you to make you not ask him that question AND..."

The person's next words carried more weight to them than usual.

"to find out your capacities. In other words, the moment you went there, it was all set in stone. That he would know more about you...than anyone else does."

"W-what is that question-?"

"What secret of yours does he know? Do you know the answer to that? No, you don't. Perhaps you can think of one that is most likely but you're not sure if it is that secret at all."

"T-that's...."

"See? Get my point now? Would you have thought that he actually doesn't know any secret if he was pressuring you that much? No, therefore....the reason why he pressure you...wasn't only to make you do what he say, but also to make you not ask him that question. Remember? He has amnesia. The doctor diagnosed him with it. Chabashira-sensei told us about it."

"How...?"

"Well that's just my intake on this. Feel free to disregard it and all. Who knows? Maybe I just watch too much and overthink stuffs hehe 😁"