Chapter 2: Blending In (Rewritten)

Kiyo POV

In the hospital room

After the commotion about my relationship with Karuizawa-san and why she's in my hospital room before everyone else, things finally started to calm down and the barrage of questions then got pointed towards me, many of my classmates surrounded me asking me multiple questions such as,

"How are you?"

"Can you remember me?"

"What happened that day?"

"Who did this to you?"

.................................

and many more. I honestly can't answer any of those except how I am. And my answer to that would be "I'm perfectly fine right now". And from all these questioning, they now know that I have amnesia and can't remember anyone of them. There are also some girls around me saying they were my friends and we were close. Jeez, how would I even know that? I have amnesia, remember?

***

Sometime after my classmates asked me all those questions and stuff, the class representatives decided to make a roll call on the people present here and report the attendance to Chabashira-sensei.

"Okay let's start the roll call! Just answer that you're here if you can but I'll watch out for others who are busy with what they're doing. Just answer as much as possible if you can."

"Ike Kanji"

"Present"

"Ijūin Wataru"

"Here."

"Okiya Kyōsuke"

"Okiya, Present."

"Onizuka"

"Here"

"Kikuchi"

"Present"

"Kōuenji Rokusuke

"..."

"Absent then. Next"

"Sudō Ken"

"..."

The boy named sudo was playing some video games with Ike-kun and he looks like he's too immersed in his game that he didn't hear the roll call.

"Hirata-kun, Sudo-kun is playing over there with Ike-kun, I think that's why he can't hear you but he's present."

"Yes, thanks for your help."

"No problem."

"Next then, Sotomura Hideo"

"Present"

....
....
....

"(Hirata Yōsuke... that's me, so present.) Next. Hondou Ryōtaro."

"Here"

"The boy's are now done so, girls turn."

"Azuma Sana"

"..."

"Azuma-san? Are you here?"

"Oh they went to the restroom earlier. Oh there they are."

As soon as someone said that, the girl named Azuma came in with a few other girls who seemed to have came from the restroom too alongside Azuma-san.

"Huh?"

She didn't seem to know what was happening so they explained to her that we were doing some roll calls to check if everyone's here or not.