Darkness of Ours (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

The year is two- thousand, twenty-seven. The USA has collapsed. America is dead. The Cabinet of States has a... More

What you need to know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
400 Follower Special

Chapter 3

2.8K 90 349
By Amaura1406

Mexico's P.O.V

"Are you hearing anything, Mexico?"

The only thing that I could hear on the other side of the connection was a deafening silence, along with an occasional flicker of static.

I shook my head, "No luck, Cabi."

The woman scoffed, as she reached her hand out, "Give it to me, maybe your hearing has worsened."

I frowned at the comment, but gave her the radio device anyway.

While she pressed the transmission recorder against her scalp, I reflected on how distant we had grown. Nowadays it is all about work, running the country, and people's opinions. We simply had no time for foolish things like love, or, at least, that was what she claimed.

Instead of an equal, or even a respected individual, I felt like an assistant that was under a corporation's claws.

In all honesty, I didn't know what I intended on sticking around for.

Maybe I was still here out of fear; fear that everything would be ripped away. Or perhaps it was about seeking out recognition for all of the things that I've provided. Yet, neither of those felt right.

The one that did feel right, in a contorted and twisted way, was that I was a fool; a fool looking for love.

It was wrong, and I knew that, but nothing could stop my brain from wondering what it would feel like. To have someone who would actually care for you, who would be there for you, and who wouldn't desert you.

Everyone else seemed to have someone, whether that be a friend, family member, or loved one. However, I didn't have that luxury.

My family abandoned contact with me, the same went for my friends. The states were fearful of me. They were afraid that if they'd let me in, I would bombard them with critiques. And, as for my loved one? Well, that's self-explanatory.

"Do you hear anything?" I asked. I had managed to snap myself out of my thoughts. It was a dangerous place to get trapped in...

Cabi lowered the listener, as she shot a half-sided glare at me, "No. There's nothing. I think that the plan he's been making has been set into action."

"You don't mean-"

"The revival?" She interjected. "Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to, are you dumb?"

I looked down, while she sighed, "Anyways, Russia's probably started his plan, which means that he has gone over to..." Her hand drifted over to a map on one of her walls that was decked out in notes, arrows, and other symbols. "Here."

"In Germany?"

"In Germany. Specifically near the eastern border."

I furrowed my brow, "But why? We both know the relations there are extremely toxic, especially towards Russia. Besides, shouldn't Kazakhstan know how to revive?"

"Simple. Kazakhstan was revived at a rather young age, but he was also affiliated with USSR, thus he would be restricted as to what he would be able to learn about this situation." Cabi explained. "And, as to why Germany, remember our little meeting with that couple a few years ago?"

My eyes widened. She wasn't talking about that meet up, was she?

Of course she was, for there wasn't any other.

I remembered that day. It was a crisp winter morning in Europe. Cabi and I were driving in a car along an outlined road. Snow covered the land, trees were either bare or covered in needles, and the sky overhead was dotted with white clouds.

My wings ached against my back, as they sagged on the seat. My spine was tired, for I always had to sit up, and I hadn't caught a break ever since the car started driving. The both of us were in a rush to get there.

After what seemed like forever, we pulled into a plowed driveway. A medium-sized house stood before us. It's shingles were covered in ice that cascaded downwards. A small, yellow glow emitted from one of the windows towards the right.

Cabi opened the door next to her, and I followed suit. We marched over towards the porch in front of the house, and then to the wooden front door. My partner knocked a few times, and we began to wait.

Then the knob turned.

"Guten tag, womit kann ich Ihnen behilflich sein?" The german on the other side greeted.

However, his helpful persona disintegrated once he fully opened the door. His mouth twitched into a visible frown, and his eyes narrowed.

"Oh...hello. What do you want?" The tone in the man's voice had darkened considerably, and it felt like I had a knife pressed against my neck, though that was all in my head.

"No need to get snappy." Cabi calmly stated. "We simply want to talk with you and your little boyfriend."

That, apparently, had been the wrong thing to say. Germany's shoulders tensed, he clung tightly to the door, and his grimace sunk deeper, "Talk about what exactly?"

"Relations between your countries and mine." My girlfriend answered, as she took her hand and wrapped it around mine.

"Hun, who's at the door?" A foreign voice questioned. I could hear footsteps approaching the entrance.

Cabi smiled, "Poland, so nice to meet you."

The polish boy's eyes widened, his left hand migrated to Germany's shoulder, and his mouth turned into a scowl, "Yeah, I would be glad to meet me too. What do you want?"

It was apparent that things would be difficult between the four of us. They obviously didn't want to talk, whereas we were practically pushing their buttons to get in.

"No need to be so harsh." Cabi dictated, while she stepped closer to the door. "We simply want to talk about relations."

"Why don't you go to our governments then? Relations are something they handle, not us." Germany insisted.

"Because this is a different kind of relation. Talking to your governments about this would lead to uproars across both of your countries, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?"

The two people in front of us furrowed their brows, and glanced at each other, before the door opened for us, "Then let's make this quick, we don't have all day." Poland hissed.

We stepped into the home, "Don't bother talking off your shoes, dear. We'll be going shortly."

"Can I at least take off my coat? My wings are killing me." I begged.

Cabi nodded, "Sure."

The European countries gave us a bit of a strange look. They turned away from us, started walking, and whispers flew between them. We all headed over towards their living room.

Poland and Germany took a seat on a couch, Cabi sat down in a chair, and I stood next to her, since I was sick of sitting.

I quickly unzipped my coat, slipped my arms out of the sleeves, and held it with my hands. My wings, having been set loose, sunk down and unfurled. The duel-colored country, perhaps feeling protective, curled one of his wings around his partner.

"So," The girl with the eyepatch started. "Let's start with a proposal. You don't interfere with our plans, and you'll earn our good graces."

"The fuck..." Poland uttered. "Why would we want to earn your good graces? That's basically like getting trash."

Germany elbowed his boyfriend, "Polen, don't be rude. What plans are you referring to? And what exactly do you mean by interfere?"

Before she could respond, I bent down and whispered, "Be careful, they're trying to extract information from you."

Cabi quickly shut her mouth, thought a bit, and then replied, "I will message you when the time comes, and I simply mean that I expect you to abstain from any activities that I list. But, that's enough of that, how have you both been?"

And here came the other tactic. The one that made the other people feel comfortable, like they could trust us. Cabi would pry at their weak points, catch them inside a web of stabilization, and then tie them up into an agreement.

"Listen. We aren't here to chit-chat. You've said your piece, and you are no longer welcome here." The winged nation reasoned. "So, get out please."

"No need to get defensive. I was just asking a small question." Cabi explained, while she attempted to make them rethink their judgment.

"Yeah. And any question from the person who broke my leg, his arm, and damaged my wings via an explosion is really no small question. Now, get out."

That's when my memory of the encounter ended.

"I guess it's time for me to send them a letter. If they accept, then we only have to worry about two countries and a rogue state. If not, then we have a lot more to prepare for." Cabi muttered, as she turned back to me. "Mexico, could you please leave me and go check up on the states? This doesn't really have anything to do with you."

I sighed, as I stood up, "Okay...call me if you need me."

"I won't, trust me."

With that, I closed the door on my way out.

She had gotten so solitary, but she never thought twice to ask me for resources, people, or advice.

As my feet carried me down the stairs, the thoughts in my mind continued to spiral. I felt like I was being used in some way or another. It was like I was considered a person only if she wanted something from me, which was a bit more than I would have liked it to be.

There was always a clear distinction between when she thought of me as a person, verses when she thought of me as nothing. It was a horrid difference, because she would always brush me off, or slander me as if I was some untrained animal.

I peeked into the living room, and found some states watching a show, or was it the news? I had no idea. I was tired, for it was really late at night.

"Hey, guys, it's time you go to bed." I softly ordered. The states groaned, but obeyed and went over to their respective rooms.

They didn't bother to respond, because none of them cared enough to. The only reason that they listened to what I was saying was because I would tell Cabi if they didn't. Of course, that was only a threat I would throw out.

But, it was really effective.

Once they were all gone, I picked up the remote, hit the power button, and watched as the television turned black. I quickly flipped the lights off, as I began to head to my bedroom.

A frown was evident on my lips, when I went into my room. Cabi and I no longer slept in the same bed, she found it to be too difficult to get a goodnight's rest with my wings always flapping against her.

So this was my room now.

It was smaller than what Cabi and I had shared previously, which was a bit strange, considering what her complaint was. There was a bed pushed up against a wall, a dresser next to it, and a closet that was built into the space. Along with that, the only source of light came from the lamp on my dresser.

As soon as I got to my bed, I turned on the lamp next to me. I began to change into my night wear. I unzipped the two slots under my wings, then pulled my top off and over my wings. I then plucked my bra off, grabbed a night shirt that was separated by a few buttons on the back, and tugged it over my shoulders. When that was on, I changed out my bottom pieces, and laid on my stomach.

I felt like a prison guard here. Cabi was the warden, the states were the inmates, and I was the one who ordered the states around. The fifty, well, forty-nine kids were all forced into a tight-knit schedule. They were also separated into different groups based on their region.

The inmates hated it, but the warden made me enforce it.

Word count 2021

Happy Father's day, everyone!

I had an interesting time writing this, since I haven't really dove into Mexico's perspective yet, but it was fun.

Question time!

We have officially finished the introduction portion of this book, and we now know the three perspectives of this book:

1) Russia/the other people trying to bring America back.

2) America in the Mind Scape.

3) Cabi, Mexico, and/or the states.

So, knowing that, what is the purpose of each of these?

This whole letter thing is about choosing a side, what will happen if they don't agree with the terms and conditions of it?

And, in this chapter, there were a lot of symbolistic phrases that let you know how Mexico has been feeling. What does this mean in the future?

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura

(P.S - Help! I'm sporking obsessed with GerPol, and I now have a thing called 'cute blurbs' dedicated to them.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 302 13
"So what now, our alliance is over?" Russia licked his lips, his eyes were staring at just one point of the wooden desk. He could feel the other man...
1.3K 61 11
America lived a pretty normal life, that is if he wasn't being killed at every turn, for the past few months, America's been the target of three kill...
21.7K 580 35
☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤! @𝕥𝕚𝕫...
272K 9.1K 69
"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we both think that each other is evil." The...