Zero Falls: Season Two

By EmberTheStorian

After surviving various monsters, power hungry demons, and mindblowing discoveries, the Cipher are hoping to... More

Scary-oke-Part One
Scary-oke-Part Two
Scary-oke-Part Three
Scary-oke-Final
Into The Bunker-Part One
Into The Bunker-Part Two
Into The Bunker-Part Three
Into The Bunker-Final
The Golf War-Part Two
The Golf War-Part Three.
The Golf War-Final
Sock Opera-Part One
Sock Opera-Part Two

The Golf War-Part One

1.6K 39 100
By EmberTheStorian

It was morning in the shack. Bill, Will, and Wendy were all seated in front of the TV as usual. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Dipper was reading a newspaper by the table, and Mabel was preparing pancakes by the stove.

"Get ready, everyone," She smiled. "Today, I'm making my special Mabelcakes."

"What's special about them?" Will asked, curiously.

Dipper answered, without looking away from the papers. "They're like normal pancakes, but with some glitter in them."

"Not some, I decided to be experimental, and throw a whole heap in," Mabel beamed, holding up a empty glitter packet.

"I'll pass, then," Bill said, while scrolling through the channels on TV.

"Yeah, I usually eat a lot of nasty stuff in the forest, but I cross the line at glitter filled pancakes," Wendy agreed.

"Yeah, me too," Will said, gingerly.

"Well, I'm sure my bestest brother in the world will try one," Mabel said, grinning in Dipper's direction.

Dipper immediately set his newspaper down, and stood up from the table. "And this is when I head out."

"Aw, come on," Mabel whined.

"Sorry, Mabel," He said. "But I'm not looking forward to getting congestion."

"It's not that bad, it's like the food is tickling you from the inside," Mabel insisted.

"Less like tickling, and more like boxing with metallic spiked gloves," Dipper retorted, before making his way out of the kitchen.

However, when he entered the living room, he paused in front of Bill. Dipper leaned down, and whispered in the blond's ear, before planting a kiss on Bill's cheek. The Guardian left the living room before entering the hallway, while Bill sat on the sofa red-faced.

Wendy smirked in his direction. "Ooh, what did your hubby say?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Bill shot back.

"It's pretty weird seeing you two like this," Will admitted. "I'm so used to your bickering."

Bill sighed deeply. "To be honest, this whole thing is pretty new to me, too. I really like Pine Tree, but I'm still afraid of messing up somehow."

"C'mon, you're doing good so far," Mabel said, from the kitchen. "And didn't you date loads of people before? This can't be any different."

"As far as I'm convinced, this is the longest I've kept a relationship going," Bill said.

Wendy arched an eyebrow. "It's only been a day and a half."

"Exactly," The blond replied.

"Cheer up, Bill," Mabel said. "Dipper has low standards, so it's unlikely he'll break up with you anytime soon."

"I can't tell if you're insulting me or encouraging me," Bill pointed out.

"Don't read too much into it," The female brunette said, then added. "I'm done with the Mabelcakes, I just have to set the table."

Mabel turned away from the stove, to clear the table. She picked up the newspaper that Dipper left behind, but before she could dispose of it, her eyes flickered to the front page.

"Hey! Look at this," She beamed. "Pacifica was voted Guardian of the Year in the Gravity Gossiper."

"Ah yes, it's been that way for the last couple of years," Wendy said, bitterly. "I mean, I've stopped forest fires, kept the creatures in check, and prevented wild raccoons from trashing the restaurants, only for that llama loving rich girl to take that title every year."

"Wendy, I never knew you were the jealous type," Will noted.

"I'm not, but this is an exception," Wendy said. "There are plenty of Guardians who are much more deserving of that title than Pacifica."

"I agree," Bill said. "What has that girl ever done, other than insult people and spray flammable chemicals on her hair?"

"Don't be so harsh, Pacifica is a good Guardian," Mabel chastised. "She does her part like the rest of us, and I think I might congratulate her later."

Bill groaned. "Seriously, Shooting Star, I will never understand what you see in Pacifica."

"I think all she needs are some friends," Mabel said. "Pacifica has a history with people only wanting her for her powers, and I think she should have friends who like her for her personality."

"But her personality is garbage," Bill said, bluntly.

Will shot his brother a look, before smiling at Mabel. "I think it's kind of you to give Pacifica a chance."

"Well, that's why they call me the Guardian of the Heart," Mabel smiled.

"They should also call you the Guardian of Burning Down The Kitchen," Bill said.

She blinked. "What?"

Bill pointed behind her, and Mabel turned to see fire rising from the stove.

"Holy Axolotl!" She screamed, before snatching a wet cloth from the sink, and trying to put the fire out. "I thought I turned the stove off!"

"That would be my bad, sorry hon."

The group turned, and there standing by the doorway, was Stan Pines. The Day Guardian grinned at them, before flicking his wrist. Immediately, the fire raging on the stove died out, and Mabel breathed in relief before turning to her uncle.

"Grunkle Stan!" She exclaimed, running towards the man before hugging him.

"Jeez, Fez, where have you been?" Bill asked.

Stan released Mabel from his embrace, before turning to Bill. "Don't worry about it, the important thing is, I've got something to show you knuckleheads."

He reached into his shirt, before pulling out a poster. The group examined it, and saw that it was an advertisement for a new mini golf course opening.

"Mini golf?" Will questioned.

"Oh my gosh, I love mini golf!" Mabel beamed. "I don't want to brag, but I've been amazing at it since I was a kid."

"Wait, you have mini golf where you come from?" Bill asked.

Mabel nodded. "Yeah, but instead of regular golf balls, we used tiny meteors. It would cause an occasional explosion, but otherwise, it was a blast."

"I thought it'd be a fun family trip," Stan said. "Speaking of which, where is your brother?"

On cue, Dipper entered the living room. "Mabel, did you burn the kitchen? I thought I smelled smoke."

"Nope, that was me," The Day Guardian said.

Dipper turned towards him. "Grunkle Stan, where have you been?"

Stan dismissed this question with a wave of his hand. "We've already been through this, I'm just here to have some fun."

"Grunkle Stan suggested we play mini golf," Mabel told her brother.

"You should come with," Stan insisted. "This golf course is all medieval themed, with victory, honour, destiny, and mutton! And other old-timey words."

"Um, sure, I'll come with," Dipper agreed. "Only if Bill and the others can join us."

"Of course, they can," The old man said.

Wendy smirked to herself. "Expected of Dipper to invite his boyfriend--" She paused abruptly, when she realized what she done.

Stan's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Wendy, did you just say Dipper has a boyfriend?"

Dipper and Bill shared a nervous look. There was a bit of awkward silence, before Dipper took a deep breath, before facing his uncle.

"Here's the thing...Bill and I are dating now," He said, gingerly. "Surprise..."

Stan blinked, stared, then blinked a couple more times. Then after a long pause, he said:

"Wait...you mean you weren't before?"

Both Bill and Dipper gaped, while Stan genuinely looked confused.

"Awkward," Will said, under his breath, with Mabel and Wendy nodding in agreement.

"So, you're cool with this?" Bill asked Stan.

Stan shrugged. "I mean, if you make my nephew happy, then I have nothing against it. Though, if you break his heart, I am in my right to roast you alive and feed you to the wolves."

Dipper sighed. "Grunkle Stan, you don't need to--"

"No worries, Pine Tree," Bill told him. "Fez is just being overprotective and making your usual empty threats."

"Who's says the threats are empty?" Stan said, threateningly.

Bill stared, then Stan laughed hysterically.

"I'm only messing with you!" The Day Guardian chuckled. "But seriously, if you break his heart, I'll break your knees."

"Noted," Bill laughed, sheepishly.

"Now with that out of the way," Stan started, smiling at the group. "Let us embark to the golf course! For victory!"

"Honour!" Wendy cheered.

"Destiny!" Mabel shouted.

"Mutton!" Will finished.

The group marched towards the exit, while chanting together.

"Victory! Honour! Destiny! Mutton! Victory! Honour! Destiny! Mutton!"

As they made their way out, and closed the door behind them, Gompers stepped into the living room. A moment later, Will came back and opened the door, smiling at Gompers.

"You're looking after the house, Gompers," He told the animal. "Bye!"

Will left, closing the door behind him, while Gompers bleated in confusion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 14.9K 30
His whole life, Dipper has found no purpose in himself. All he ever is is the ground that everyone else is stepping on while he tries his best to ple...
53.1K 1.7K 43
I just... one shots because I can't do full stories but I have 60,000,000 ideas. **DISCLAIMER:: I DO NOT OWN GRAVITY FALLS OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS...
68.2K 2.5K 34
Dipper and Mabel get into some trouble and are sent to Fight Falls for the summer. They will have to live with their Grunkle for the summer. There is...
542K 17.5K 50
Dipper comes back to Gravity Falls, but things aren't the same. Mabel has some new friends and Dipper's body is only changing for the worst, in his o...