Connected- Five Hargreeves x...

By Bcc2020

Y/N Hargreeves (AKA: Number Eight) and Five Hargreeves were inseparable growing up. They were always there fo... More

Chapter 1: Where Am I?
Chapter 2: I Just Wanted My Donut...
Chapter 3: I'm Jealous of a Stupid Mannequin...
Chapter 4: Hiding My Pain
Chapter 5: Not Again...
Chapter 6: Five's Past
Chapter 7: Why Klaus? Why?
Chapter 9: Coming Back to You
Chapter 10: Dad Said What?
Chapter 11: That Was Unexpected...
Chapter 12: More Secrets
Chapter 13: The Fall of The Umbrella Academy
Chapter 14: I Trust You
Chapter 15: A New Friend
Chapter 16: Together Again
Chapter 17: The Frankel Footage
Chapter 18: D.S. Umbrella
Chapter 19: Secrets. Secrets Everywhere.
Chapter 20: The Gala
Chapter 21: Y/N's Powers
Chapter 22: Getting the Family Back Together
Chapter 23: Invitation to Dinner
Chapter 24: A Light Supper
Chapter 25: Elliott
A/N: Happy Birthday Aidan!♥️
Chapter 26: That Close
Chapter 27: The Seven Stages...
Chapter 28: Two Five's
Chapter 29: Into the Vortex You Go Asshole!
Chapter 30: Wanted
Chapter 31: Fight and Die Now or Run and Die Later
Chapter 32: Anything you can do, I can do better.
Chapter 33: One Of Us
Chapter 34: Preposal
Chapter 35: Back to 2019
Chapter 36: Meet The Family
Chapter 37: Hotel Obsidian
Chapter 38: Road Trip
Chapter 39: The Ball of Twine
Chapter 40: Not Over
Chapter 41: Deals Off
Chapter 42: New Plan?

Chapter 8: Gone Again...

3.6K 90 93
By Bcc2020

I walked into my room and laid down on my bed. Okay, walking out like that may have been a little dramatic... but I swear Five cares more about Delores than me.

I sighed and rubbed my face.

Being jealous of something that isn't even alive is so weird! But I can't help it!

After a few minutes, someone knocks on the door. I already know it's Five.

"Go away!" I called out.

I hear the familiar whoosh sound, "Too late."

I turned to see him standing by the bed.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said.

He lays down next to me and I rolled over to face the wall.

"Yeah, I don't believe you," he said.

"Five, it's not that big of a deal," I lied.

"I think it is, but you won't tell me," he said as he wrapped his arm around me and rests his head on my shoulder.

He's right. It is. But how can I possibly tell him that I hate his mannequin girlfriend's non-existent guts?

"It's really not a big deal," I lied again.

"I still don't believe you. But it's fine. You'll tell me eventually," he said.

"You're always so sure of yourself," I said.

"Of course, I am," he said snuggling closer to me.

I felt my cheeks heat up. God, I hope he can't see it.

And honestly, I could lay like this all day.

Of course, Luther had to ruin it by walking in, "Sorry for interrupting. But I got the briefcase."

"What's the briefcase for?" I asked.

"We'll explain on the way, "Five said sitting up, "come on."

He helped me up and we followed Luther out to the car.

"So, what's the plan?" I sat up and rested my arms on the back of the front seat as Luther drove.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase back," Five said turning to look at me.

"But we don't have the briefcase, Klaus destroyed it," I said.

"I know, that's why we brought this briefcase. Hopefully, they'll buy it and I can get them to call the Handler," Five said.

"It's a good plan," I said.

He nodded, "I already left Hazel and Cha-Cha a message on where to meet us."

I nodded and sat back.

After driving for a little while longer, Luther stopped on the side of the road and Five took off his seatbelt.

He looked out the window and sighed, "you know, I never enjoyed it."

"What?" Luther asked.

Five turned to look at him, "the killing. I mean I was... good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure."

He sighed, "I think it was all those years alone."

I placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his hand over mine.

"Solitude can do funny things to the mind," he said.

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you," Luther said.

I patted his shoulder with my other hand.

He turned to me, "I remember when dad told me that he was going to send me to the moon. I refused to go at first because I didn't want you to be all alone. What if you woke up and none of us were there? But dad told me that mom and Pogo would look after you and he would let me know if you woke up."

I smiled.

"Personally, I think dad was upset about you being in a coma. He tried to hide it, but sometimes he couldn't. He did so many tests to try to figure out why you were in a coma. I think it drove him a little crazy. You have a special place in all our hearts, Y/N," Luther said.

"Really?" I asked.

Five turned to look at me, "yeah, you've been there for all of us."

"Especially Ben and Diego. They took the news of you being in a coma the hardest," Luther said.

"You're one of a kind, Y/N," Five said.

I smiled, "I love you guys."

"Love you too, Y/N," Luther smiled at me.

Five smiled, "For the record, Y/N and I have always been the closest."

"Yeah, we know," Luther said while rolling his eyes.

I chuckled.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Luther spoke up, "Do you think they'll buy it?"

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit," Five said, "Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."

"Well, I should hold onto it," Luther said.

"Hm?" Five asked.

"In case they make a move on you," Luther said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, Luther, but be careful. You're also in charge of keeping Y/N safe," Five said.

"Don't worry, I'll protect her," Luther nodded.

"I know you will," Five said giving him a small smile.

We turned to see a car coming towards us.

"Here we go," Five said.

We all got out of the car and Five pulled me into a hug.

"Stay behind Luther," he said.

"I will don't worry," I said, "you better be careful."

He pulled out of the hug, "I will, but if this goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry."

"Of course," I fake smiled.

Third Person

Hazel and Cha-Cha get out of their car wearing their masks and Five walks over to them, "The masks really necessary?"

They pull them off and toss them aside.

"So, where is it, kid?" Cha-Cha asked.

"Wow, that's how you're gonna start. You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day," Five said.

"You won't even make it halfway there," Cha-Cha said as she pulled out her gun.

Luther sees the gun and makes sure Y/N is fully behind him.

"Maybe. But as I'm sure you found out in your previous foray, my brother is not your average giant," Five smirked.

"He's right. You dropped a chandelier on him, got right back up," Hazel said.

"By the time you took him out, he'd smash your precious briefcase to a pulp," Five said.

"Probably us too, right?" Hazel asked, "So, how do we help each other?"

"I need you to get in contact with your superior so I can have a chat with her," Five said, "Face-to-face."

"About what?" Cha-Cha asked.

"Well, I don't believe that's any of your concern."

"Just don't tell her about the briefcase," Cha-Cha said.

"Fair enough," Five replied.

They parted ways. Hazel and Cha-Cha went over to the phone and Five walked back to Luther and Y/N.

Five's POV

"So, what happens now?" Luther asked when I got to the car.

"Now we wait," I said as we watched Cha-Cha hang the phone up and walk back in front of their car.

The sound of ice cream truck music makes us all look behind us. There was an ice cream truck heading our way.

I grab Y/N's hand and made sure she stays partially behind me.

"Is that her?" Luther asks.

I ignore him and keep looking at the truck.

It passes us and Klaus is sitting in the driver's seat waving at us.

Luther and Y/N wave back.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I asked.

"It's a setup!" Cha-Cha yelled.

They start shooting their guns and Luther pulls Y/N and me behind him.

Klaus hits them with the truck, and they go flying back, but they stopped in midair.

What the hell?

I look to see that Luther and Y/N are also frozen.

I duck under the briefcase walk a little way forward.

"Neat trick, isn't it?"

I turned to see the Handler.

She moves her vail back and takes off her sunglasses, "Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered."

"It's good to see you again," I said.

"Feels like we just met yesterday. Course, you were a little bit older then," She said, "Congratulations on the age regression, by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent."

"Ah, well, I wish I could take credit I just miscalculated the time dilation projections, and... well, you know. Here I am," I fake smiled.

"You realize your efforts are futile. So why don't you tell me what you really want?"

"I want you to put a stop to it," I said putting my arms behind my back.

"You realize what you're asking for is next to impossible, even for me. What's meant to be is meant to be. That's our raison d'être," She smiled.

I moved my jacket out of the way and pull my gun from my waistband, "Yeah? How about survival as a raison?"

"I'll just be replaced. I'm but a... small cog in a machine. This fantasy you've been nurturing about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse... is just that. A fantasy. I must say though, we're all quite impressed with your initiative, your... stick-to-itiveness, really quite... quite something. Which is why we want to offer you a new position back at the Commission, in management," She smiled.

I chuckled, "Sorry, what's that now?"

"Come back to work for us again. You know it's where you belong," she said walking towards me.

I kept the gun pointed at her, "well, it didn't work out too well the last time."

"But you wouldn't be in the correction division any longer. I'm talking about... the home office. You'd have the best health and pension, and an end to ceaseless travel. You're a distinguished professional in... schoolboy shorts. We have the technology to reverse the process," She moves the gun away, "I mean... you can't be happy like this."

"I'm not looking for happy," I said.

She caresses my cheek, "We're all looking for happy. We can make that happen. We can make you... yourself again."

As nice as it sounds, "being myself again". What about Y/N? Being sixteen again means we have a chance to be together. If I go back to being my old self again... we can't have that.

I sigh and look at Y/N, "And what about my family?"

"What about them?" The Handler asked.

"I want them to survive."

She looks at Y/n and Luther and then at Diego and Klaus, "All of them?"

"Yes, all of them," I said.

She takes her sunglasses out of her pocket and puts them on, "Well... I'll see what I can do. Do we have a deal?"

She holds out her hand.

"One thing," I said.

I put the gun back in my waistband and walk over to either Hazel or Cha-Cha's gun. I pick it up and remove the magazine. I toss the gun one way and the magazine the other. Then I walked over to the bullet that would hit Luther and moved it so it would hit the car.

"About done?" The Handler asked.

"Just one more thing," I said walking over to Y/N.

I feel bad for leaving her. I promised I wouldn't. I pulled a notepad and pen from my pocket and wrote her a note.

Y/N,

I know I said I wouldn't leave you and I'm so so sorry. The Handler came and offered me a new job back at the Commission. I'm taking it because it will give me a chance to find more information about the apocalypse. I hope you will forgive me, but I'll be back. I promise.

Also, please take care of Delores for me.

I love you.

-Five

I put the note in her pocket and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

I walked back over to The Handler. She held out her hand and I shook it.

We disappear, and time unfreezes.

Y/N's POV

A bullet hits the car and Luther and I look around, "Five?"

"Five!" I called.

Luther holds up the briefcase, "come get it!"

Cha-Cha comes running at us and he tosses it. It lands in the grass and Cha-Cha runs over to it.

He takes off towards the ice cream truck to help Klaus and Diego.

Out of nowhere, I started to feel dizzy. I leaned against the car.

"Oh, no..." I whispered.

I looked to see Klaus and Luther helping Diego get to the car.

"Y/N, get in the car!" Luther and Diego yelled.

Luther opens the back door and Klaus and Diego climb in.

"Y/N, we don't have time for you to just stand there," Luther said.

"I-I don't feel... so good..." I said before everything went black.

Third Person

Luther catches Y/N before she hit the ground.

"Shit," He said.

"Here, we'll take her," Diego said.

Luther laid her on Diego's lap and shut the door. He got in and started the car. They drove away from the scene.

Klaus moves to the middle and checks on Y/N, "She's breathing."

"Thank God!" Diego said as he kept her in his arms.

"Maybe her wound's infected again," Luther said.

"I don't know, Luther... Something doesn't feel right," Diego said.

"Guy's what if she went into a coma again?" Klaus asked.

"No, she can't be," Luther said.

"Well, let's get her home and hopefully Pogo will know what to do," Diego said as he looked down at Y/N.

They arrive back at the academy and Luther runs inside carrying Y/N in his arms, "Pogo!"

He lay's her on the couch and Pogo walks in, "Yes, Master Lu- oh my, what happened?"

"I'm not sure, she just blacked out. I think it might be her wound," Luther said.

"I'll have a look," Pogo said walking over to her and lifting her shirt enough to see the wound. He peels the gauze away enough to where he can see it.

"Her wound is fine and healing really well," He said putting the gauze and her shirt back down.

"Then what do you think is wrong with her?" Luther asked.

"I'm not sure, but last time something like this happened..."

"She went into a coma for seventeen years," Luther said sadly.

"I'm afraid so..." Pogo sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 85.6K 47
˚✧˳ ❝ Bite me. ❞ He didn't respond, but he maintained to stare daggers at me. A smirk bent its way on his thin lips as the tables turned. Making me t...
22.9K 719 44
Just two adults who are stuck in their sixteen year old bodies while mentally another age. Oh, and the world is ending. [five hargreeves x fem!oc] ...
1.8M 51.1K 89
October 1st, 1989 43 Women gave birth. It was unusual as None of them had been pregnant since the first day they started.. Sir Reginald Hargreeves ad...
3.2K 89 14
"I didn't think I would lose you twice..." All (Y/N) was trying to do was get home safely with her family after accidentally getting stuck in 1963 wi...