You Are My Shield | Five Harg...

By kaixtsukino

˚✧˳ ❝ Or what..? You're gonna kill me? ❞ Five scoffs. His fingers were wrapped around my wrist as every foot... More

˚✧˳ ⚠️ !!!!! ⚠️ ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Playlist ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Prologue - Hello, 1963 ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 1 - End of The World ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 2 - This Is The Life ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 3 - Artemis˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 4 - A New 'Friend' ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 5 - Hero Complex ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 6 - Join The Club ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 7 - Midnight Talks ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 8 - Hello Lila ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 9 - Footage ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 10 - Dad And Pogo ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 11 - Finding Number Seven ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 12 - Never Gonna Give You Up ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 13 - Two Boys ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 14 - Nostalgic Steps ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 16 - Ikea Battle ˳✧˚
˚✧˳ Chapter 17 - Needle & Thread ˳✧˚

˚✧˳ Chapter 15 - Dancing With Your Ghost ˳✧˚

27.4K 943 1.7K
By kaixtsukino

I like dancing with you... You're just annoying.

THE MAJESTIC 12

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

"AGAIN!" Sir Reginald ordered, voice resonating to the empty hallways of the Academy. Children aligned, hands on their designated places, and frowns pasted among their faces. The music restarted with the kids groaning in unison. An imperfect step is equivalent to failure to their father who had very strict rules when it comes to ballroom lesson.

Three girls were only available for the opposite gender therefore the other two boys will be grimacing to whoever will play the role of the feminine. Unlucky as they are, after a song's switch, so does the person in front f them; Six was paired with Seven, Three with Five, Two with Eight, and One with Four.

Reginald saw Number Two's improper placement of hands on his partner. He harshly slapped the boy's wrist with a cane, which made him hiss in pain. "Number Two! Put your whole palm on her waist. You are holding a woman, not a pile of garbage."

Number Two mouthed his dialogue, a mockery of his persona would make him calm down, so he really has to do it. "Stop rolling your eyes. We might get in trouble again because of you." Eight whispered while Two did what he was told this time. "Oh, do I look like I care?" He fumed.

"'Oh, do I look like I care'." Eight mimicked. "Don't go crying again when Dad puts you in time-out. You're a baby trapped inside a teenager's body." She insulted, which made Two click his tongue.

The music reached to its climax part, the hardest part according to the family since that was where the complicated steps would come in. "And, 1... 2... 3..!" Reginald's recitation made all his children made everyone move to the beat simultaneously. This time, none have fallen. Not a silly accident occurred and non have used their powers on their brother for their own amusement; It was One and Two who always make each other trip.

Everyone despises this time of their schedule. They thought it was rather irrelevant and bad for their overall character as kids.

"See? Not that hard." Reginald stood at the center. "Again!"

Everyone sighed exhaustingly. This the 5th time they danced to the same song. They could never reach their father's satisfaction that they all desperately want to be earned despite him being such a cruel beast to his own children.

Eight walked to the side. The partners have changed. The one in front of her was Number Five. Brows arched down, his lips pursed to the side as he sucked in his cheek. She could never tell whether he was hiding his excitement or hiding his disappointment.

"You." Eight growled. "Look who's talking," Five snapped back as he intertwines his fingers with hers. Both starred dagger at each other.

The instrumental began. Their eyes seek on one another's intense gazes. The way they hold on to each other tightens. They would whine in pain but they would rather not cause it is too much to show vulnerability to the opposite side once it would harm their ego. Reginald notice the quarrel between the two but didn't mind them since surprisingly, they were both best dancer i the group at the moment.

Number Four was paired with a tired-looking Number Six, One is completely unaware of the smolder he was making while being paired with Three, and Two wasn't too Happy with Seven. Seven always had a smile during ballroom lessons since it's the only time of the day that she would be included with the family.

"I hate you." Five began.

"Well, I hate your face." Eight answered.

"I hate your hands." He stated.

"I hate your voice." She jeered.

"I hate your mouth." He scoffed.

The insignificant teasing continued.

"Number Five! Number Eight! Quit bickering!" Their father yelled, everyone flinching to his voice. Five's grip tightens and Eight jumped a but from the sudden pain. He smirked in victory, irking the (H/C) girl before purposely stomping on his foot.

"Ouch!" He growled quietly.

"You suck at dancing."

"Well, I don't like dancing with you."

Eight was shocked by his statement. Admittedly, they would spar each other likes wolves if it weren't for their Father's implied rules in their house. But there were just some comments that could itch their brain where they would wanna skin themselves alive; And that line hurt Eight.

Eight sucked her lips in defeat trying to hide the damage it gave her. They were best friends, but all there insults surely didn't harm. Five saw how her mood switched up so fast. He narrowed and darted his eyes away, pretending he didn't notice her change of expression.

With that out of the way, they danced, close to a professional's skills if it weren't for their timidness and height. Though, movements were crisped and clear, like what their father always wanted it. At first, he thought that those two would never get along, but as they grew up, it was the complete opposite.

The dance has finished. Everyone waited for their father's signal before composing themselves after the striking pose they had done at the end of the song being played. "Enough." Reginald tapped his cane down. "Prepare yourselves for lunch." He said. Everyone walked away quickly, avoiding eye contact with the man they all despised the most.

Everyone headed for the stairs, eager to fix themselves after all the sweat (and tears) that were poured down because of their session. Eight was the last one in line when everyone rushed to their rooms or so se thought.

She felt someone seized her arm. She turned and saw Five. He looked annoyed, with a hint of regret. He scratches the back of his neck and refusing to loosen his grasp on hers.

"I like dancing with you... You're just annoying." Five said bashfully. He didn't dare himself to finally look back to her.

Eight held a laugh. Of course, she did not want for him to think that what he did was foolish, so she kept it in and managed to deny it from leaving. "You're so passive aggressive." She commented.

"Whatever." He stated, finally releasing her and outpacing her footsteps. He didn't want to hear what she was going to say after all the drama that spilled back in the hallway.

Their relationship was always one step forward and three steps back. Then suddenly both will run.

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

1 MONTH LATER

And just a month later, Number Five sat alone in a world where the devil won. The apocalypse was a place no one should deserve to stay into but Five had walked right through chaos and is doing his best to go back to his family. Back to where his source of happiness and energy; Back to Eight.

Oh yes, he almost forgot she goes by name '(Y/N)' now. Thanks to Vanya's book, he had an idea of what the Hargreeves family came to be. Despite the family secrets being laid down to the public just like that, it helped him to get to know them all by reading.

Few chapters and his questions about her were answered. She went into a coma after 3 years of his disappearance and every time his conscious reminded him of that event; he took the blame generously. If he never left, all those bad things shouldn't have happened. The family's downfall began when he left, their family slowly fell apart.

Ash continued to fall from the sky like gentle snow. Only, it smelled like gunpowder and iron. The sky was never blue and promised itself to have its swamp color forever; He had no idea what caused the end of the world.

Every day his hours were spent to writing calculations and exterminating a plan as soon as he came back. A part of him was glad that she fell into a coma. He can't imagine what he will do if he saw her with another man. Worst, she could have her own family. It wasn't that he was selfish of her own happiness, but it was because he just had her first. He didn't know why, but seeing her being taken away by somebody else was a frightening thought.

"Please work..." He muttered with a screwdriver in his hands. He has found an old cassette player from the rubbish. He gently dropped it down after inserting the cassette he found from an abandoned record studio.

A screech was produced from the tilting spheres. And with a silent second, music can be heard.

"Yes!" He cheered, doing a little jump.

Something in him sparked joy. It was a song that their father used to play whenever they had the usual ballroom lessons that he hated. And he regretted that he hated it because his family was part of it. Dancing was tiring, but his family is the only reason he's hanging on.

The song sounded as if it were played from a tube but music is music and he hasn't heard of those in ages. Music heals the soul, and it did.

It was silly, but he grabbed Delores and imagined he was back in the mansion. Practicing those repetitive steps, glancing around, and casually messing around with every member. He grabbed it by the waist and held its hands as if it were a
real person.

Five's hands began to shiver, a memory of his was triggered and it made him anxious. Pretending was the only thing he could do when it comes to these situations, but he remembered something... He remembered her.

His eyes landed on a certain spot on his fingers. A ring, a memory, a gift.

His sight blur and his body went numb. He immediately stopped. He felt weak. It has been a month, and he hasn't stopped mourning over her.

Five had hallucinations of her. She visits him in his dreams. He didn't know if it was haunting him or blessing him. She makes him feel strong and weak at the same time. He slumped down, attempting to let his sadness pass.

He hated that he missed her.

He cleared his throat, hardening his fragile heart, and disregarding the antsy feeling. He looked back to the mannequin, but all he could see was her. All he could see was (Y/N).

Five's forehead was moist and his eyes glistened. Tears poured down, he stored them and thought they could be erased he was wrong. He disliked the feeling of being hopeless.

He's a 13-year-old child that never had the chance to explore his childhood and grow-up.

She's dead, but why does it affect him so much?

"L-Leave me alone!—Please leave... Just leave me..." Slowly, his head slamped down, in a begging position.

His fist tightens and his feet arched down. "I'm going crazy..." He muttered.

There was a hole in his heart and it was missing. His half was back at the mansion.

He was powerful, yet so powerless... How could she?

She continued to be with him. And this time, he accepted that he was indeed out of his mind and had hallucinations of her. It's trauma he had to go through as a young man. It was the end of the world. Nothing makes sense for him so it never mattered whether he was sane.

He had to accept the fact that she was never coming back unless he found a way.

Fate never gave him a chance to go through the usual youthful years like his generation would go through. He was forced to grow up to quickly.

(Y/N) was the only one that made sense. She ceases to exist but the thought of her made her his painkiller.

Eventually, he fell in love with the idea of her.

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

Fun Fact: When Five gets sick his powers will activate on its own. Every time he sneezes or cough he will teleport into a place which made it harder for (Y/N) to serve him soup.

A/N: school is near, im not excited at all
Shoutout to @neon_oreo243 for this chapter idea!

I'm gonna get my braces on Sunday then we gonna go to airport on Monday for another trip I'm so tired. there will only be 1 update for today I'm sorry :<

QOTD: Which fictional character you wished existed?

haku and howl then theyd fight over me or sumn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 84 21
"We're partners in crime" This story is about, never giving up on each other, keep fighting, never lose hope, that sometimes a home can be a person...
9.7K 283 62
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but wi...
7K 153 43
Reunited after their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets and a looming threat to humanity. I...
29.9K 617 31
(Number Five x Female OC) Highest Rankings: #2 #bookthree #2 #klaushargreeves #3 #aidangallagher #7 #lutherhargreeves #7 #super Book Three in the Num...