Evanescent [GI Kaeya x Reader...

By Yinzy_Banana

[RE-ATTEMPT OF KNIGHTS •KAEYA X READER X DILUC•] ||Random and Slow Update!|| "Let go of my brother, he's inno... More

Prolougue
1. Entrance
2. Title
3. Joyous Tavern
4. Birthday
5. Anger
6. Rent
7. Downhill
8. Victims
9. Blue
10. Red
11. Dead
12. Safe House
13. Shelves
14. Bandage
15. Arrow
16. Strings
18. Loyalty
19. 5 Years Ago
20. Wedding
21. Invitation
22. Dress
A/N (ANOUNCEMENT!!)
23. Seized
24. Dance
25. Ballroom
26. |Kaeya's Route|
27. |Diluc's Route|
Special Big Thanks♡

17. Sunset

1.2K 64 42
By Yinzy_Banana

Her e/c drifted to the blue sky as clouds passed by, enjoying the scene while it lasted. How the sun shone above, giving energy to every lives, and the cloud looked fluffy and pure white as ever.

She laid herself on the bed, gazing mindlessly, as if she's waiting for something that never existed.

The h/c haired hadn't heard anything from the captain for days, somehow stirred her disappointment. But一why was she waiting for him?

In her head, only some shards of memories were all that left. 'What the hell am I waiting for?' She kept questioning herself those seven little words.

Knock knock

The knockings form outside caught her attention. She didn't move her gaze or lift a finger. "Come in," she holored loudly but softly. The door clicked opened一revealing the familiar blonde woman and the man she'd been waiting for一Diane Lysafia and her father, Robert.

"Y/n.." Robert spoke softly, gaining her attention in the process. Her e/c orbs moved to his concern ones. "Father...? Who is this woman?"

Looked like her memory loss became worse.

Robert let out a sigh, walking closer to the girl. He sat on the bed, slowly reaching out for her hand. "I'm sorry I came late. Have you been eating well?"

The sound of her father sent butterflies to her stomach一either they died down or they were flying. She bit her lips, looking into his eyes. "Where have you been? I've been waiting for you."

Robert nodded his head. "I'm sorry, I was preparing for the wedding."

"W-wedding? Whose wedding?" Her voice cracked一couldn't even remember whose wedding he's taking care off. "Mine with your new mother."

Degh

"...New mother? Then what about Mother? She'll be sad if you leave..." She bit her lips together, holding back the tears that threatened to escape. Why couldn't she remember?

"She's no longer with us, Y/n.. you should let go of her."

"Let go? She's still here. We just had our family dinner," Y/n insisted. Her glossed e/c stayed still to his gaze一couldn't afford themselves to move.

The last family dinner they had...? Five or maybe eight years ago was the last time they had their family dinner together一as a whole. "Father, she's here!" Her insist went louder一but her voice became raspy.

"Y/n... don't make it hard than it already is. She died months ago. You were there in her grave."

The h/c haired woman shook her head, even denying her father's statement of truth further. "No! Then what is she doing here?" She pointed accusingly to the blonde that only stood there.

Diane stepped closer to the man, holding his arm comfortingly. "It's fine, honey. Maybe she's一"

"Don't touch him!"

"Y/n."

She didn't mind the warning from her father. "You didn't come for me! You're having fun with women! You left me here with Anwyll and Mother! What else are you going to do next? Break our promise?"

"Y/n! Didn't your mother teach you to not shout?"

She flinched一eyes turned stone cold slowly. "Mother has nothing to do with this!"

"Your mother was crazy. Stop acting like her, Y/n," Robert warned, but gained nothing from the h/c.

"Crazy? It was you who's driving her crazy!" Y/n was helpless, nothing on hand. She couldn't remember, not even a single piece could she recall. "Come on, Robert. Maybe she's having one of her episodes," the blonde convinced, finally managed to calm Robert down.

"Right, we aren't here for this," he sighed. He turned his head to look at the glaring girl. "Please... come to our wedding. We'll be taking our leave."

...

Her e/c orbs fluttered open, her blury vision shifted slowly一there stood a red haired person, waiting patiently一 what seemed to be waiting for her.

She blinked twice before she sat on the bed. "Did you have a nice sleep?" Diluc spoke out of the blue, catching her attention once again. "Evening, Sir," she greeted, still unable to process.

The said person stood up from the couch across the room. He walked to beside the girl's bed一wrapping his arm around her waist as he lifted her to the wheelchair. "W-wait!" She squeaked, but he didn't listen. Y/n sat on the wheelchair一heat started to spread across her cheeks just by recalling the action not too long ago.

"Hey, where are you tak一"

"Let's just see."

She clenched the handle, swallowing her saliva as he pushed the chair out of the room.

..

The lake reflected how the fresh yellow and orange collided with each other一sky shifted to the colour of orange and the tint of pinkish colour, giving the finishing touch.

Her e/c orbs gazed at the scenery, slowly growing fond with the view the world offered.

"The physician gave me his permission to bring you here," he stated casually, standing right behind her wheelchair. Y/n's eyes fell on the lake's colour, from how it's supposed to be the aquarium blue, became the colour of orange.

"Really?" She responded, attention still on the lake. "Hm," he hummed, nothing else as he was drowned in his own thought.

Questions ran from A to Z, yet一how should bring this up? Straight away asking her about her mother? Her 'episodes'? The fact her father cheated? Which?

Questions and questions popped up more than answers一"You were there, weren't you?"

Nothing but silence cracked between them, she waited patiently一with her eyes that showed understandment. How could she know? His ruby eyes couldn't let go from her fingers一slowly interwining them together.

A brief second of silence, he inhaled the oxygen that slowly tightened them. "Yes, I was. I'm sorry."

She shook her head, chuckling it off as she waved her hand. Was this chuckle really came from her heart? He was fooled, ashamed, and confused一fooled by how he easily fell for her words and actions. Ashamed by how he just scratched the surface of her, assuming he had known everything about her. Confused by how should he feel, what was he feeling, and why.

"You don't need to be sorry. It's normal if you heard it since we argued loudly." The way she emphasized the word 'argued' caught his whole attention. Her lips were agaped, starting off with a sigh before trailing her words.

"...Which one would you like to know first? My father's marriage? My mother? Or my episodes?" She asked calmly, e/c orbs perfectly reflected the colour of the sunset一fresh orange and red with a bright yellow.

He breathed in once again, glistening his eyes to look at her reaction. Yet, it felt like she was covering herself from him, not wanting him to know.

"Your episodes."

Ah, episodes?

Y/n hummed mindlessly一whilst nodding her head. "Where should I start this?" Something shone from her eyelashes一he swore he saw it. Could it be her tears?

"Ah, uhm. I have a... frequent memory loss if that's how you call it. Just how it's called, I loose memories too soon. As if there's a hole in my head that won't let me remember."

He waited patiently, listening to her in an attentive way. "Since I was a child, I keep forgetting things so easily."

"...Could you remember what you forgot?"

"Sometimes, maybe about my mother."

Then, did she not remember the time they had as a child? "What else?" Her voice rang through his ears, snapping him back to reality. "Your father's marriage."

"Hmm, I caught my father cheating when I was ten. I saw a letter to different women, that's when I realised the reason my mother wanted to divorce him, yet... I stopped her before. The biggest regret I have."

"And... I know I should tell my mother, but my father silenced me by threatening me indirectly. In the end, I kept my mouth shut and lived in fear."

It must've been painful for her, huh? Especially knowing one of the party cheated when she was just a child.

"He's marrying Diane. And I don't know about the other women. He chased Diane when she turned eighteen. What else would you like to know?"

Just一how much did he not know about her? And finally, came the last difficult question一her mother. "Your mother."

Silence.

"She's... one of my regret. I meant, I held her from leaving my father because of ny selfish wish. She passed when I wasn't by her side months ago."

"Do you know一"

"I think that's all I hid from you. I'll tell the rest next time."

That quick she cut him off, dismissing the topic about her mother. Maybe一just maybe, it hit her like a giant boulder.

"So, Sir Diluc."

"Hm?"

Y/n held the wheels, slowly attempted to rotate to face the red haired man一in result, he took a step back from her.

Her cheeks were lifted, smiling eyes to eyes一yet, her e/c orbs were puffed red, stains from her tears reflected clearly on her cheeks. Had she been crying silently during the topic?

"What will you do if I say I don't want to forget? I'm terrified to forget a lot of things the next morning?"

What will he do?

Her eyes stared at his, dread but full of hope一his fingers balled into fist, attempted to swallow his saliva. "Ah, it's fine. You don't need to answer it. I was just joking."

Was it really a joking matter? "It's fine, let's go一"

"I'll stay by your side."

Her e/c orbs quickly glistened skywards to look at the red haired一eyes wide as ever in awe. "I'll tell you what you don't remember but I do."

Silence fell upon them once again, letting the breeze brushed against their hair一sending some strands of their hair flying.

Diluc stepped front, rotating her wheelchair quickly as he tried to cover his incarnadine cheeks. "You're... actually quite cheesy."

"I saw a crépe stand just now. Do you want one?"

"Are you trying to silence me?"

"Or, do you want an ice cream?"

Gosh, what's happening to him? Why couldn't his heartbeat slow down again?

****

Knock knock

"Ms Airyotia, someone comes to see you."

An announcement was made by the nurse outside, followed with another knock.

"Who?"

She holored back, eyes still focused on the novel book on hand. Her soft finger tips rested by the corner of the paper, slowly flipping it as her eyes still scanned through.

"The Calvary Captain."

****

Hi! Sorry for the long update, here! I wrote a new chapter! I'm very sorry for not uploading frequently, I've been busy with the books haha.

Again, I'm sorry.

I promise the next chapter would be a chapter with Kaeya moments as I promised you all!

I also wanted to apologize for Diluc's OOC. I tried my best to write his character. Haha, I revealed too much, I'm sorry.

But thank you so much for reading and I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Bye bye!! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 63.2K 132
You were addicted to Genshin Impact so much you would use up all your money and time on it at fault. You also can't help but getting so attracted in...
965 63 23
Diluc was born lucky. A rich family, a loving father, and a wonderful brother who's always by his side. Hell, he'd even become the youngest Cavalry C...
13.9K 700 13
)ೃ⁀➷ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟꜱᴇ, ʜᴇ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʙᴜᴛ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏꜱᴇʟʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. © oakycys ꜰᴇᴍʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀxᴀʟʜᴀɪᴛʜᴀᴍ ᴡɪʟʟ ɪ...
26.7K 819 14
Diluc and Jean have always had feelings for each other, no matter how reluctant the two are to admit it. Besides, their personalities clash. He activ...