3. Joyous Tavern

"Can I talk with Ms L/n一"

A man with neat attire walked in, crossing his arms. His usual grumpy face didn't give much of a terrifying feelings to the e/c owner. She lowered her head down, not dared to look up, along with her co-worker. When he walked, it felt like he did it carefully一as if he didn't want to scare anyone.

"Raise your heads," he demanded. Y/n raised her head, locking her gaze with his ruby eyes一somehow familiar. She was so used looking at rubies and reds, the colour on her parents' accesories. Her mother showed her the ruby necklace she always wore before going to work一where she didn't know. Her father would collect stones and made it to his rings, even though he mostly wore the sapphire, he was also interested in ruby.

"I have never ordered you to pick up a crate, have I?" He announced, gazing at the e/c. People rumored him to be the scariest when he scolded someone. But this, it felt like he was holding himself back. As if Y/n hadn't done anything wrong. "What if you're injured at the night?" Diluc spoke. There was a small wavering tone, but at the same time, it was cold.

Now, where had she ever seen the rubies before?

Y/n stood silent, not making a single reply about it. Her glossy e/c kept her gaze still一instead of fear, her eyes were full of admiration. "I-it's my fault, Master Ragnvindr. I passed the task to her instead of Charles. I'll take一"

"I believe I'm talking to Ms. L/n and not you, Ms. Synia," Diluc cut her off before she could even spoke another word. The h/c flinched, biting her inner lips nervously. "I'll take full responsibilities一please don't cut off my salary or fire me," Y/n told the red haired. "L/n, I expect better from you." And just like that, he left her alone with her own thought. But her e/c was still on him, watching as his back disappeared by the closing door.

Just where had she ever meet him?

***

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!"

Everyone in the tavern cheered as she performed her tricks on her shots followed by instruments that strummed. Her shakes followed the rythym and every strumming the music made. Started by spinning around, throwing it to the air as it spun around, catching it, juggle with the shots. Once she was done with the drink, she poured the liquid and slid it to the customer swiftly.

"Horray!" They all cheered once the music stopped playing. Y/n sighed, wipping the sweat that formed on her forehead. The door of the tavern was opened, revealing a man in tanned skin and his blue outfit. The man she met the time at the forest. "Welcome to the Angel's Share. How can we help you?" Y/n asked the man with a welcoming smile. "I heard cheers from outside. So I was wondering what is the commotion."

Y/n's smile didn't falter, but her gaze was still on the glass and the napkin whilst rinsing the fragile wine glass. "We are having a promotion drink. Would you like to have a small taste as my treat?" She asked the man who was still smiling. People in the tavern cheered, asking the captain to have a taste of the drink.

"I would like to know how does it taste by the delicate hands of yours."

And so, the music was played as everyone started to dance in happiness. Some were on the corner一wasted, while some watched as she did her tricks once more. After years working here and doing her new moves that changed every week, people were never bored of her tricks.

The music from the background was played followed by the cheers from the customers. Men and women一all danced and cried out till their hearts' content. The captain's lilac eyes watched as the h/c moved swiftly一as if the mood was on her to decide. He watched as how her hair danced along with her move, her hands moved delicately, her eyes paid attention to each moves she made, her body played along, and how the shakes followed to the rythym of the song that played as the background.