Haystack | Countryhumans ASEAN

By galactify

Meet the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN for short, as we trace events from his beginning an... More

foundation [๐ŸŒพ]
the european union [๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ]
journal [๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ]
30 years [๐ŸŒพ] (part one)
30 years [๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ] (part two)
feelings [๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ] (part one)
feelings [๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ] (part two)
thai kitchen [๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฆ] (part one)
thai kitchen [๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ] (part two)
the ukulele [๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ]
united nations [๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ณ]
worry [๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ] (โš ๏ธ)
haystack [๐ŸŒพ]
<3

the rain [๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ]

476 17 16
By galactify

[indirect sequel to the ukelele short; edited: july 1 ;; updated dec 2022]

It was the end of another ASEAN meeting.

As always, the members would start heading back to their homes. Brunei would go first, Myanmar would follow, then Vietnam and so on. The place would decrease it's population, until there were 4 people left in the conference hall.

Indonesia.

Malaysia.

The Philippines.

And ASEAN himself.

For ASEAN, the MaPhilIndo trio was the most hardest members to take care of. They would often go into fights, most likely Malaysia and Indonesia, and sometimes even pull pranks on any member of the organization. Another thing, they were literally part of the founding five. People really think that they would take things seriously, but of course the exact opposite would happen.

Indonesia was the biggest country in the entire organization. He is the most protective and also the most quirky of the group. He is the one who mostly starts arguments, some which were really dumb and doesn't make sense and all, and he never get tired of it. He is also the emotional support of the entire group, as they (with ASEAN) did talk to each other calmly the other day. The meeting hall was located in Indonesia anyways.

Malaysia was the one who pulls out the most jokes. He was the mastermind of all of the pranks given, and has an extreme obsession over a specific chocolate drink. He's really just a kindhearted guy, but to the fact that he gets loud and sometimes even distracting.

The Philippines on the other hand was ASEAN's "best country" as people joked. He was a widely successful country in terms of industrialization (aside from Singapore and Brunei), and the oldest one in the group. He has the most difference between the trio and the entire ASEAN (he was influenced by Spain, the only country that doesn't share land borders, etc.) so people treat him as a Got of some sort. He is also culturally sensitive as well.

The trio have always been there since the beginning. The three of them share the same love for their own countries and some cultures were also shared as well. They unintentionally influenced ASEAN himself to not be serious at all times, which they were glad about. ASEAN seemed like the person who would hate them, but the truth is, he really enjoyed their company a whole lot. They would secretly cheer him up on whatever he was doing. Their comedic timing still needed work, however.

ASEAN was still on his seat on the meeting table, scribbling some notes he remembered from the meeting on his tablet. The trio was actually across the room, playing some sort of mobile game. It wasn't a huge deal for the organization though, as they respected his presence there and kept quiet at the side.

Eventually, he finished taking down notes of the meeting and closed off the notes tablet application. The three boys were still enjoying themselves playing that video game. He sighed, stood up and decided to organize the papers left on the table into their respective file cabinets. It wasn't that much left anyways, a lot were eventually organized by the other members, including the trio.

He turned back to the countries. It's been like 40 minutes since the meeting ended, they really should be home at that hour.

He asked, "Hey, when are you three leaving? You three aren't usually here for that long."

"Not now..." Malaysia mumbled.

Indonesia sighed, and pulls down the phone. "Oh you've got to be kidding me- We actually got caught up with the rain, so we decided to stay put for now."

"It's raining outside?!"

"Yeah," Philippines and Malaysia both responded in unison.

"Hm," he crossed his arms. He really can't give them a ride, he did just walk to the meeting hall by himself. That means he's stuck in the building too.

He really can't keep himself quiet for forever. His tablet is dying, and he left the charger back at his rented apartment. He could finish up his reading hobby, but he doesn't think he should read at the moment.

He turned to the countries who were stranded inside the hall. Maybe he should go talk to them? He never really talked to them outside of work related things before (except for Indonesia and the ukulele), maybe it's a little step up for him at the least of things.

He walked towards the three and glanced at them. Indonesia was the first to notice the sudden choice of actions by his boss. He commented, "Oh uh- hey? Who're you?"

He waved back lightly, giving off a are-you-serious look. "Yes, we met before." Indonesia just smiled and laughed.

Philippines then placed his phone down on the table out of frustration. He muttered, "Ayoko na sa iyo."

Malaysia giggled and placed his phone back in his pants pocket. "Come on, where is the promised amount of money?"

"Can you just do this back home?" Indonesia asked. "We're in a meeting hall, I basically own this place, and because I said so."

The association did nothing but chuckle at that statement. "Oh, ASEAN!" The Philippines greeted. "Sorry, we were just playing some sort of game and I... Swore."

"Yeah it's no problem, Sunshine," he responded. "I mean it's the end of the meeting, so go do whatever."

"Sunshine?!" Malaysia exclaimed, as he placed his phone back at his own pocket. "Sir- when did you start these type of nicknames?"

"Just now, I'm just playing, don't expect me to use them anytime soon. Unusual to hear from me, don'cha think?" He played, taking off his glasses and started wiping them once again. "I'll make it usual of you'd like outside of meetings."

"That would be neat," Indonesia commented, slightly playing with his phone by rolling it's sides. "But you're still going to make up our other nicknames, do you?"

"Nickname making are fun," Phil said, adjusting his bandana on his neck.

"Who knows when I'll grab a nickname for the rest of you soon," he shrugged as he places back his glasses. "Just haven't thought of that yet."

"That would be lovely!" Indo stated, as he grabbed his rice hat on the table.

Malaysia scoffed. "If Phil is called 'Sunshine', does that mean I'll be called 'Moonlight'?"

"What about me?!" Indonesia asked. "I literally have nothing but... Colors."

ASEAN chuckled. "Who knows, maybe one day I might call you that one day or another. Just stay tuned."

"Yeah that seems kind of unfair, Malay," the Pinoy said. "Maybe we should call you 'Milo Addict' of some sort... Man we should probably ask Australia for more supplies."

ASEAN gave off a slight chuckle once more. Philippines immediately remembered one little thing Indonesia told him and asked. "By the way, pa... How's the ukulele? I do told me you still have it with you the other day..."

He responded, as he leaned towards the wall. "It isn't destroyed, if that's what you're wondering. I'm sorry for not picking it up as soon as possible... I just haven't noticed that instrument until last week."

Malaysia then spoke, "Oh, don't worry! I forgot about it as well, I'm glad you still have it with you..."

Indonesia then pulled out his phone and noticed a missed call, leaving the country into a silent panic. "Excuse me for one second, Neth called me and I didn't realize."

"It's all good," Phil stated, as the other two people of the room just nodded. As the country walked out of the room, he spoke, "Do you still remember some cords or something? I still have a bunch of music books related to ukuleles in my shelf."

"You still have them?" Malaysia asked, as he grabbed the tumbler near him and drank from it.

"Err- yeah! I haven't touched it in years... Might give it as a donation, who knows?" He shrugged.

ASEAN scoffed. "Donation?"

"Well it's not exactly a do-nation, giving it to you or something?"

"I get what you mean Phil," the blue colored organization stated. "But, honestly that would be kind of you. I'm not really accepting things, you know that."

"You did accept the instrument," the other country stated. "I don't know if it's either because it wasn't bugging you or something, but hey you did it anyways!"

He sighed. "Well, I don't- I don't get gifts by this often until now. Are one of you picking on me or something?"

"Pfft, no!" Philippines giggled, but immediately calmed down. "I mean, first off, I don't think I could pull out a prank on you straight to be fair."

Malaysia called. "Phil."

"What?"

The room went silent for a few seconds until Malaysia slammed his red water tumbler on top of the table. "By the way, you broke the coffee machine, did you?"

"Sorry, what?" ASEAN asked. "What happened to the coffee maker?"

The archipelago country didn't respond straight, as he only responded with an "uhm". Due to this, Malaysia facepalmed in dismay. "You should go fix it."

"Ugh- yeah fine, I will!" The Philippines reacted.

As soon as Phil said so, Indonesia would run inside the room into his seat. "Guys, the rain stopped."

"Aye, that's neat," Phil commented, before putting his phone down and placing it in his gray sling bag.

ASEAN observed the three just packing back their belongings before heading out if the hall. Eventually, they waved at the organization and left the room.

As the door closed, he made his way back on his own chair and rolled around for a little. He was... Happy? It's really a step up from his attitude years ago. He wasn't that talkative for the first years of his entire life... Until he reached thirty anyways.

His eyes landed on the horizontal and rectangular framed picture of the three countries that just left the room. It was taken when ASA was first formed, way before he existed, and that picture alone shows a really positive energy between the three. He was glad things escalated nicely after then.

"Saya sangat gembira untuk anda bertiga," he muttered, as he stood up and prepared himself to leave the premises.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 1K 76
East Asian Adventures. A simple story about East Asians, China, Taiwan, Japan, North and South Korea, and Mongolia going through 5 journeys. Warning...
3.3K 207 31
14 years ago, Britain forgot his daughter. Now that daughter wants nothing to do with her old family and instead focuses on her new one. But when 6 s...
3.7K 188 15
Having Short-Term Memory Loss is hard isn't it? Well Philippines has it. He would often forget things easily and even his own friends..... he would...
3.6K 79 11
[๐ŸŒ†] I'm Very sorry for not Making new Chapters at my Last story!! TwT [โค] So Apperently, the Empires/Countries/Organazations have been bored as usua...