something like love one last...

By chaennieverse

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, a successful music producer, singer, and DJ, thrives at the age of 28, reveling in the... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The End
Epilogue
New Story

Chapter 6

3.5K 174 98
By chaennieverse

A/N: I wasn't able to proofread this due to my tight schedule. You might encounter some grammatical errors ahead that's why I'm sorry in advance.

______________________________________

JENNIE'S POV

I'm standing in front of my daughter and Lisa while my arms are crossed on my chest. I look at my blanket that is slightly burnt. I pick it up then look back at the two. I don't know what the fuck they are doing playing with matches under the blanket. I let out a deep sigh and was about to say something when I heard a deep voice.

'Jennie?! Is that you?!'

I forgot about Chaeyoung but why on earth she sounded like she's shock?!

I look back at Lisa and Ella who are looking at each other then look at me; I start to walk towards the phone when I hear the two speaks.

"INTERVENTION!"

I saw my daughter run towards her phone and I give her a confuse look but she didn't mind me because her attention is on her phone then out of nowhere, I feel something big landed on me. Lucky for me my head didn't hit the floor though I have carpeted floors. I open my eyes and saw Lisa smiling at me.

"Get off me Lis!!" I shouted while trying to push her off but well she's too big for me.

"Just stay there for a while okay, short stack?" she answers and looks at my daughter.

"I will call you again later mom, okay? Bye!" I hear Ella said.

As soon as she ended the call, Lisa gets off me and helps me to stand up "What the fuck are you trying to do?! Kill me?!" right now, I don't care if I cursed in front of my daughter. They are both acting weird.

This is the reason why Lisa is not fit to baby sit a kid!

"And what are you two doing under the blanket and playing with fire?!" Lisa nudges her elbow at my daughter as my little brunette smiles at me.

"We're talking with mommy a while ago and I introduced Lisa to her."

"Talking to your mother under the blanket?" I saw Lisa open her mouth but I glare at her.

"Well yes, we always do that if she's... She's travelling due to her work... Whenever she calls me, we talk under our blankets."

"So Chaeyoung's talking to both of you under her blanket too?"

"Yes and her blanket is really shiny and colorful." Lisa answers.

I'm having doubts if I'm going to believe what these two had just told me.

"It's a Kim Chaeyoung's thing mom."

Well yeah, I know Chaeyoung do weird things sometimes and it's not a surprise that talking under a blanket is her idea.

"Okay uhm you know what, I want you two to clean up this mess and be ready for bed. Lisa, you stay for the night."

I pick up the blanket and matches on the floor when I notice that I didn't hear any protest coming from the two especially Lisa. When I turn around and look at them, I noticed that they are whispering something to each other.

"What now?" I ask, Lisa looks at me first and Ella went behind her and pushes Lisa towards me.

"Ah is it okay if we go to the store to buy some ice cream?"

"No." I quickly said and continue what I'm doing "Please mom, I haven't got
any dessert yet. I'm craving for some chocolate ice cream."

"I have some in the fridge."

"You do?"

"Yes. We also have a strawberry, vanilla, choco-mint and bubblegum flavour."

"But do you have seaweed ice cream?" I look at Lisa and furrows my eyebrow at her "What?!"

"See you don't have that flavour so we're just gonna go to the shop real quick. Come now Ella."

"Seaweed ice cream, that sounds yummy." As they both proceed to the door "Lisa! Ella!" I shouted.

"We'll be back before you know it!" Lisa answers back and well they were out of the house before I can even stop them.

NEW YORK

Chaeyoung is still looking at her phone and Jisoo notice it. Before the call ends, they both saw Jennie on the screen.

I don't want to have a doubt and think that my daughter is lying to me. I need to go to LA. I know she's hiding something from me.

She lets out a deep sigh and decided to ask Jisoo about what they saw "You saw her too right?" Chaeyoung ask Jisoo, not even bothering to look at the brunette.

"Who?" she asked back.

"Je-my ex-wife."

Jisoo wanted to say yes but there will be consequences if she said that. She
realizes that Ella might not be in a summer camp, though Chaeyoung doesn't want to talk about Jennie; Jisoo, Seulgi and Hyeri heard news about her.

She thinks that somewhat Seulgi and Hyeri brought Ella to LA to meet her mom and not to spend her vacation in a camp. That explains why Chaeyoung thinks the woman who answered Ella's phone sounded like Jennie.

"Actually chong-ah, I don't think it's Jennie." Jisoo answered

"What? You saw her? That's Jennie!"

"So what if it's Jennie? She has the right to be with your daughter."

"What kind of question is that? You know what happened between the two of us."

"Then what will you do if ever you found out that your daughter is living with her for the meantime?" Chaeyoung didn't know what to say but there's only one thing that's running in her mind right now.

I need to go to LA as soon as possible and I know how that will happen.

BACK IN LOS ANGELES

Lisa and Ella went to the park to take pictures so the latter can send it to her mom. There's no doubt that Chaeyoung saw her on the video and she needs to think fast on what she's going to say to her mom.

"She can't find out yet that I'm with Jennie." Ella says as she and the blonde girl sits on the bench at the park.

"Why don't you send those pictures then give her a call."

"I don't know what I'll say to her."

"Then I'll do some explaining."

"No offense meant but we're going to talk to my mom who saw my other mom and there's no way we can outsmart her this time."

"Come on, you're Jennie Ruby Jane Kim's daughter, you'll figure out what to do. Now call your mum so we can go back before Jennie chops my head off." Ella laughs and gives Lisa a nod. She then sends the photos to her mother in skype and dials her number.

"Here it goes." She said to Lisa and wait for her call to connect, after five rings Chaeyoung picks up and requested a video chat. Ella accepts it and she smiles brightly at her mother's worried face.

"Hey mom!" she says while Lisa is watching and listening "Ella can you tell me what happened?"

"What happened? What do you mean mom?"

"You and Lisa were screaming about fire and you dropped your phone on the ground but then I saw a chandelier hanging. I thought you're outside camping?" Lisa grabs the phone and smiles at Chaeyoung.

"Hey Chaeyoung sorry about that, Ella accidentally lit some dry leaves so I panicked."

"Oh okay."

"And about the chandelier, it's just a star gorgeous. Stars here in LA looks like chandelier I tell you." Ella can only put her hands across her face listening to Lisa's lame excuse.

"There's one more thing." They both hear Chaeyoung says "I saw another person a while ago and-"as usual Lisa cuts her off.

"Oh that girl, it's one of the personnel who help out to put out the fire. You've got nothing to worry about, it's not Jennie Kim." Ella wanted to shout and yell at Lisa but instead of doing that, she takes her phone back and looks at her mom.

"Did I hear her say Jennie Kim??!"

"Who?" Ella innocently asks "Give the phone to Lisa." The little brunette can't do anything but to obey her mother and give Lisa a death glare.

She really is Jennie's daughter.

"Hello! Oh it's you again Chaeyoung."

"Did you just say Jennie Kim?"

"Jennie Kim? Who is that?" Lisa looks at Ella who's urging her to go on talking and to not let her mom talk again.

"I think you misheard me. I said Jenlous krushroom."

The two girls silently wait for Chaeyoung to say something "Can you give Ella the phone please?"

"Okay Chaeyoung, it was nice to meet you."

"Same here Lisa and thank you." Lisa
gives the phone back to Ella and she let out a sigh of relief.

"What's up mom?" Ella asks, it's her turn now to do her thing.

"Are you hiding something from me baby?" Chaeyoung ask

"What do you mean? You think I'm keeping secrets from you?" and
there she goes, well she's Kim Chaeyoung's daughter and she inherits her mother's famous pout.

"I c-can't do that to you mom, you know that. I won't do that to you, I swear." A single tear flows freely from her left eye "Oh baby I'm so sorry, I know you won't hide things from me. I'm sorry I doubted you."

"It's okay mom. It's normal to think things because I'm far from you and I understand."

"Okay, let's talk again tomorrow, it's kinda late. Send me pictures once in a while okay and give me updates."

"Yes mommy, I will. When are you going back to Atlanta?"

"I still don't know. I still have one more session by next week so probably I'll stay for another week or two."

"Okay mom, please don't forget to eat and don't tire yourself too much. I miss you."

"I miss you too, be nice okay? And follow Ms. Lisa's orders."

"I will mom, bye and good night." Ella ended the call and look up to Lisa "You're damn good kid." The younger Kim smiles at her but then sighs afterwards.

"Why?" Lisa asks

"I feel bad for lying to my mom. Do you think I'm a bad girl?"

"Of course not, you have your reasons why you came here in LA and you also have your reasons why you hide it from your mom." Lisa pulls the little girl into a hug "And if ever she finds out, she'll understand."

Ella nods her head and look up to the sky "I hate to say this but we need to get you back home, I can feel that Jennie is cursing at me right now." Ella laugh as she grabs Lisa's hand as both of them starts to walk towards the penthouse. Little did she know that her biological mother is doing her best to go in LA as soon as she can.

THE NEXT DAY

Lisa is the first one to wake up that morning. She looks at the sofa and saw Ella peacefully sleeping; yes Jennie Kim lets her daughter to sleep on the sofa. The blonde girl walks towards Jennie's room and knocks three times.

Why am I knocking? I won't wake her up by doing this?

She turns the knob and pushed the door hard enough for it to hit the drawer that causes Jennie to jolt out of her bed and looks at the culprit who wakes her up.

"Rise and shine Kim. Its breakfast time and your daughter needs to eat decent food." Lisa says

"Cereals and sandwich are decent so let the little monster eat it."

Jennie lay back down on her bed and covers her body with a blanket but Lisa pulls it off "What?!" Jennie shouted.

"You're not being a responsible parent, what will Chaeyoung say to you if she finds out you're neglecting your daughter? And oh, if Irene will know that you let your daughter sleep on the couch, oh boy you'll be in big trouble."

"Okay, okay I'm up so please shut your mouth, it's too damn early for nagging."

"I'm gonna go and wake up the little brunette." Jennie looks at Lisa walking to the door, she wanted to ask how Chaeyoung is but her stupid mouth won't cooperate.

She's doing fine Kim. She's been talking to your daughter right and not once she asks to talk to you.

'I really hate it when I talk to myself.' She whispered and jump out of her bed and went inside the bathroom. On her way to the kitchen, she saw Lisa helping Ella to fold the blankets they used.

How could you let your daughter sleep on the sofa? Dude, she's just 8!

She walk towards the living room and Ella run towards her.

"Good Morning mom." The little
brunette said. Jennie smiles at her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"So how's your sleep?" she ask "Bad." Lisa answers.

"I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to the little monster."

"Okay sorry." Ella laughs at the two while she gets her toothbrush in her bag "Its fine mom, I don't have any problem sleeping on the sofa as long as I'm here with you."

Jennie felt guilty all of a sudden so she made a plan in her mind, all she needs to do is ask for Irene's help and of course Joy to baby sit her daughter.

"Is Joy still busy today?" Jennie asks Lisa as she pulls Ella for a hug "Yeah, that's why she told me to baby sit Ella yesterday while you're at work but I think she has a free time later in the afternoon."

"And you?"

"I'm free until Sunday DJ. Why? Do you need my help for something." Jennie is having second thoughts especially when she remembers what happened last night but right now, she has no choice.

"I want you to-"

"Sure DJ, me and the little munchkin will have a good time." The brunette didn't even bother to ask how she knows what she was about to say instead she told Ella to use her bathroom to brush her teeth and change clothes later.

Jennie started her day by cooking breakfast for them. She places the eggs and bacon on the plate and squeezes fresh orange juice for Ella.

"Ella! The food is ready!" she shouted and in a matter of second she hears footsteps coming towards the kitchen. The younger Kim sits on the chair in front of the brunette.

"Wow mom! This looks delicious." Ella says as Jennie put some eggs, bacon
and bread on her daughter's plate.

"It's just eggs and bacon sweetheart, nothing special." She answers and sits on her chair.

"Well you cooked and prepared it for us so for me this is special." Lisa saw how Jennie smiles sweetly at Ella who is now slicing her eggs using her fork. The DJ watches her daughter puts the food into her mouth.

"So how was it? Too salty or..." she asks "its delicious mommy thanks." Jennie smiles at her and motions for Lisa to sit.

The trio went silent for a while until Jennie clears her throat. The truth is, she wants to ask Ella about her mother but every time she tries to speak, no words came out.

"You okay mom?" Ella asks her "Uhm yeah, ah so Ella, how's your mom?" finally she asked.

"She's fine and doing okay." Jennie looks at Lisa, she's the one who answers her question and not her daughter, Ella giggles and took a sip from her juice before answering.

"She's okay. She told me that she needs to stay for a week or two in New York." The little brunette
answered and pop some bacon into her mouth "Oh but she'll be the one to
pick you up, right?"

The little girl nods her head and continues to eat. There's one more thing that's bugging Jennie, Chaeyoung never ask for her or talks to her whenever she's calling their daughter.

I'm hurt you know but I have to understand that maybe she's mad at me.

"I talked and met her last night and she's so cool and very pretty!" Lisa says which only makes Jennie a lot more frustrated that Chaeyoung doesn't want to talk to her "She's so pretty DJ, what were you thinking letting her go?" Jennie kicks Lisa's foot under the table but the blonde girl ignores it.

"Are you sending her pictures of your stay here?" Jennie ask Ella once more.

"Yeah I do so she and Aunt Jisoo know what I'm doing."

Jisoo? Who the fuck is Jisoo?

"Jisoo is pretty too, actually they look good together. I hope they are dating." and again Jennie kicks Lisa under the table.

"I'll ask mom about it." Ella smiles at her mom, when she's eating, she doesn't like to talk and only wants
to concentrate on her food.

"Maybe she's just Chaeyoung's cousin or you know best friend." Though Jennie knows that Hyeri is the
redhead's best friend since they were little.

"I don't think so; I think it's more than that. Like lovers!" Jennie stabs her egg with a fork and shove it into her mouth.

"And I think Ella mentioned that they
were on a dinner date last night!" Lisa continued.

Date huh? We're still married and she's going out on dates?!!

"And-" Jennie glares at Lisa to stop her from talking "What?! I'm just going to say to pass the bread."

The brunette finishes her food in a matter of seconds "Clean up before you guys go. Ella you can use my bathroom to take a bath." And left the two girls still eating their breakfast.

"I tell Chaeyoung you said Hi!" Lisa shouted "I hope you choke on your food!" Jennie shouted back as Lisa and Ella laughs at her.

MEANWHILE IN NEW YORK

Jisoo is waiting for Chaeyoung outside the building, she's talking to their client while she's outside trying to contact Hyeri and Seulgi but it seems like the girls are both busy.

Why are these people not answering their phones when they're supposed to!

She gives up calling them after her fifth try. She notice two teenagers laughing while watching something on the phone. She ignores them and decided to go back inside when one of the girls speak up.

"Jennie Kim's sister is so cute. I love her cute face." Jisoo thinks for a while, does Jennie has a sister?

"I love their bickering and I seriously want her to be my big sister." The brunette now walk towards the two "Excuse me but did you just say Jennie Kim?" she asks.

"Yes."

"As in the singer slash DJ slash music producer?"

"Uhm yeah." Jisoo then
looks at her phone "What are you watching? I heard you say that her
sister is cute? Does she have a sister?"

"Based on what I remember, at first she said that she's an only child but then this video has been uploaded. Maybe she doesn't want the media to know to protect her little sister."

"Oh, can I watch the video if you don't mind?"

"Sure, here you go." Jisoo smiles at the girl but it slowly fades when she saw Ella and Jennie's video.

Oh this is not good!

"Where was this taken?" she asks

"One of the malls in LA. I think she's buying things for her sister. Aren't they cute?"

"Uhm yeah they are." Her
attention is on the video so she didn't notice Chaeyoung went out of the
door with a big smile on her face. She saw Jisoo and immediately run towards her.

"Hey chu, what are you doing?" Jisoo almost drop the phone, good thing her reflexes are fast and gives the phone back to the girl "Oh ah nothing, nothing." As she pulls Chaeyoung away from the two. She notice the smile and the look Chaeyoung is giving her.

"What?" the brunette asks her friend who is now smiling from ear to ear.

"The other side is withdrawing the charges and they gave the full custody to the mother."

"What?! You're kidding me right?" Chaeyoung shook her head and Jisoo hugs her "See? I told you we'll finish this case early."

"Well that's not it. I still have good news to you."

"They paid you double?"

"No silly. Try again."

"You've got a date?" she scratches her head when Chaeyoung shook her head again "Okay spill it Kim, I'm no good in guessing games."

"Don't call me Kim, I'm a Park. Anyway, remember Mr. Bae?"

"Yeah, whatever Kim. So what's with Mr. Bae?"

Chaeyoung can only glare at Jisoo for teasing her. "He talked to me a while ago and said that he referred us to his friends and they need our service as soon as possible."

"Wow Kim, you're really fast!"

"I am!"

"So where are we going next?" Chaeyoung gives her megawatt smile and Jisoo does not like what she's feeling "Chaeyoung?"

The redhead then gets some papers in her bag and gives it to Jisoo; the latter accepts it while smiling but it fades away as she reads the content on the paper she's holding.

Is this for real?!

Chaeyoung saw her reaction and poke her shoulder "Yes, we're going to LA this afternoon and I can't wait to see Ella!" Chaeyoung says.

______________________________________

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the late update. I've been so busy with college stuff these past few days because the semester is coming to an end that's why I haven't been able to write as frequently as I would like. I hope you understand, and thank you so much for taking the time to read this story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 86K 57
Ruby Jane is a sexy, confident and smart woman who is always trying to experience new things. One day she met Lisa and immediately felt attracted to...
1.4M 40.1K 31
jennie kim is a 25 years girl who doesn't believe in love anymore after she got played by her ex her parents getting worried since jennie will grew o...
149K 4.9K 32
it's almost two years later and jennie kim has made a name for herself in south korea. she's one of the biggest soloists, signed to YG entertainment...
54.8K 1.5K 35
Jennie, she is the typical rich girl you always saw on movies. She's coming from an influential family, got a cool friends group, spending money with...