Moonlight House (Book 2, Lons...

By moudenes

Moonlight House, the "it" place to eat, have a drink, dance to great live music and meet new people, becomes... More

Chapter 1 - The Club
Chapter 2 - Purple
Chapter 3 - Surprise
Chapter 4 - Flairtending
Chapter 5 - Roommates
Chapter 6 - Safe
Chapter 7 - Sommer
Chapter 8 - Glow
Chapter 9 - Chocolate
Chapter 10 - Damaged
Chapter 11 - Crush
Chapter 12 - Sous Chef
Chapter 13 - Imperfect
Chapter 14 - Tea
Chapter 15 - Key
Chapter 16 - Reasons
Chapter 17 - Compensation
Chapter 18 - Tried
Chapter 19 - Second Date
Chapter 20 - Sleep Talker
Chapter 21 - Red Blur
Chapter 22 - Birthday
Chapter 23 - Glass
Chapter 24 - Confessions
Chapter 25 - Dinner
Chapter 26 - Five
Chapter 27 - Grounded
Chapter 28 - Deli
Chapter 29 - Pink
Chapter 30 - Stitches
Chapter 31 - Back
Chapter 32 - Schedules
Chapter 33 - Movies
Chapter 34 - Truth
Chapter 35 - Next
Chapter 36 - Presents
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy New Year
Chapter 38 - Flutters
Chapter 39 - Answers
Chapter 40 - Bed and Breakfast
Chapter 41 - Stars
Chapter 42 - Empanadas
Chapter 44 - Fifty
Moonlight House - The Playlist

Chapter 43 - Braveheart

3.4K 213 64
By moudenes

RORY

It's a good thing that we are free on Mondays because it was wild last night at the club. Usually Thursdays are the days when anything can happen, so when we saw the bachelor party group coming in, we knew there would be trouble. The men in question, twelve of them, were already very drunk and loud when they entered the club. My early conclusion was that they had been bar hopping and whether we were the last stop or an in-between, they already had enough to drink. They stationed themselves in front of the bar and ordered a round of beers and shots. I don't like serving people who are so intoxicated that can barely stand up straight, so I turned on the warning system and in a minute I had Adam next to me to "help" me tap beer. Two security guys took their positions, one near the stage and one close to the bathrooms. Out experience, we know that people pick fights close to the stage or near the lounges. 

This particular group was more creative than other bachelor parties we have seen at the club. The theme was "Braveheart" and the groom-to-be was in a kilt, wore a wig and had blue paint on his face.

"I hope there's underwear under those skirts," Adam said to me while handing me a full glass of beer.

"I don't even want to think of that. As long as they keep them down, it should be okay."

Erin can be an idiot at times, because she only sees the good in people. We have warned her that she needs to be careful with who she invites on stage and yesterday was one of those occasions when we were proven right. She spotted the man in the wig with the unmissable blue face and called him on stage while his friends whistled and jeered.

"So, groom-to-be, what is your name?" Erin asked him and then moved the microphone to him.

"Name's Evan!" He shouted, not aware that the purpose of a microphone is to talk at a normal level.

"Okay, Braveheart Evan, and where are you from?"

"We are from SCOTLAND!"

We were left slightly deaf and Adam even lost half a beer from getting startled. The group in front of us grew louder, just when I thought that wasn't possible.

"And when's the big day?" Erin continued.

The guy stared at her and then turned to look at his friends who were laughing hysterically. One of them shouted that it's in May.

"May? Well never mind that you can't remember the date. Chances are you won't remember tonight either," Erin laughed. "Now Evan, let's see what moves you have planned for your wedding night. What is your fiancée's name?"

"Annabel... NO! Jenn, her name is Jenn!" He panicked and looked at his mates.

"Motherfucker! That's my girlfriend!" One of the guys yelled as he ran towards him with his fist ready to pounce.

Noah moved Erin aside and got in between the guys. He managed to duck on time and avoided getting punched. The security guys jumped on the stage and separated them. A few of the guys looked at the fight in shock, others were laughing their asses off. Since the groom and his now enemy were escorted out of the club, the group followed them outside. One of them left some bills on the bar and Adam laughed because it was more than the drinks we served them. I wonder if the wedding will still go on.

When I came home, I found Imogen sleeping in the middle of the bed. I didn't want to disturb her so I slept on the couch. Nothing serious happened with those guys, but situations like that always drain my energy, especially when a family member or a friend are so close to danger. After my fight with Duncan, even a disagreement between patrons makes me slightly nervous. Now my back feels broken and I'm extra tired, because that couch isn't meant for sleeping.

"Ro?" Imogen calls from the direction of the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"The baby is coming..."

My toe throbs after I stub it on the couch, trying to get to her as fast as possible. Her lips are white while her cheeks are flushed, and she's starting to perspire on her forehead. 

"We'll get you to the hospital as soon as possible. Let me get your bag and call a taxi," I rub her arm, trying to comfort her.

Imogen suddenly holds on to the kitchen counter. Her whole body shakes and she seems to be in terrible pain.

"There is no time," she puffs. "She's coming now."

Tears fall, but she's not really crying, just going through pain. She bends over again and holds on to the counter once more.

"Okay... Okay... Imogen you've got this and I'm here for you. Let me call your doctor. Do you think you can make it to our bed?" I ask and she shakes her head in negative. "Okay... The couch. Let's try to make it there. You need to let go of the counter. I will help you."

It takes careful steps and a stop midway before we reach the couch that is only a few feet away from the kitchen. I grab Imogen's phone and call her doctor. The assistant answers and I explain the situation, that Imogen is in a lot of pain and that she says the baby is coming now. Imogen groans as she is hit again with pain. I would do anything to make it stop.

"Imogen, the assistant asks if your water broke," I say while turning on the speaker of the phone in case I need my hands free to help her.

"Maybe... When I was... In the shower... That's when I had the first strong contraction."

"I will need you to check her, and tell me what you see," the assistant says.

"She is red, and is puffing, and in a lot of pain."

I hear a snort of laughter on the phone and Imogen holds her belly while laughing too before she gets another contraction.

"What? What did I say? Oh, you surely don't mean... Imo, I think I need to check you down there."

Imogen makes her best efforts to lift herself and I help her out of her underwear. I'm blown away by what I see.

"It... It looks like an egg! Wait, is that the baby's head?" I say with a mix of fascination and terror.

The assistant tells me that an ambulance is on the way and I get the doctor on the line.

"Okay, Mr. Sommer. It seems that you will be delivering the baby instead of me. I will guide you through it. First of all, wash your hands and arms well with plenty of soap and grab some towels. Things will get messy."

I do as instructed and Imogen's strength amazes me as we go through the experience of delivering the baby. After a while, a small, wrinkly, pink and beautiful girl with a tuft of dark hair pops into my arms. She lets out a tiny wail and I accompany her with sobs of my own. The doctor congratulates us, tells us that the ambulance personnel will help us further and I hang up.

"Can I see her Ro?" Imogen opens her arms.

"Do I have to give her to you?" I say as I reluctantly hand her the baby that I have wrapped up in towels. 

While Imogen cradles her, I pick another towel and clean Imogen some. The couch is completely ruined. I went from never having seen my girlfriend fully naked to helping her deliver a baby, and it was the most wonderful experience.

We hear a knock on the door and I open it for the paramedics. We receive their congratulations as they take care of Imogen and check on the baby. I wash myself quickly, change clothes, grab her hospital bag and join them at the back of the ambulance. So far both ladies are doing well and I'm surprised at how sentimental I feel about the whole situation. Once we get a room assigned, I send a group message to the whole family, together with a photo I manage to snap of the baby girl before she's taken to the nursery. In an instant, my phone gets flooded with congratulations messages and good wishes.

"How will you call her?" A nurse asks while handing me a paper tissue for my tears for the third time.

"Alexis. Right, Imogen?"

"Yeah, she is our little Alexis Sommer."

The nurse tells us that we will be able to see Alexis in a moment and we hand her a tiny pink outfit to dress her. After finishing the admission paperwork, she leaves us momentarily alone.

"I never thought I could love you more than I did. I didn't have expectations on how the whole birthing experience would be, but I'm glad it happened this way. Thank you."

"I will always be there for you two," I kiss her. "Oh, here is she. Can I hold her?"

Imogen nods and the nurse hands me our baby. I feel so in love and when she yawns my heart feels as if it can't take so much beauty anymore.

"I believe she's hungry," I kiss her forehead and hand her to Imogen.

The nurse then instructs Imogen on how to make the baby latch to her breast and it doesn't look as simple or straightforward. Alexis gets fuzzy and makes little fists. Her meal can't come soon enough. Eventually it works and the nurse leaves us alone once again.

"Ro?"

"Yeah?" I say and lift my gaze from my phone after reading the latest message.

"We will need a new couch," Imogen grins.

"Finally, we will get rid of that monster," I kiss her and give her the phone so that she can read the messages herself.

The adrenaline still rushes through my veins and the tiredness from last night is forgotten. Moments later, our family starts to arrive and we even have to tell Erin that other people are allowed to hold the baby. She's incredibly excited about becoming an aunt for the first time. The doctor tells us that my ladies are doing so well that they might go home tomorrow. I'm really looking forward for that to happen because then we can start planning our wedding, and searching for a new couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 138 81
Final chance at a new beginning.
41.9K 795 35
You work the night shift at your family Cafe. it's boring and you've always felt lonely, until someone special walks into your life and flips it upsi...
15.3K 249 22
Two besties join influencer city but find love along the way, what happens when old flings get in the way
148 3 32
Every king needs a queen Love over everything