Deception • Woosang

By KangYeosnack

Wooyoung moves out Yeosang moves in Wooyoung wants his house back Yeosang lets him share on one condition Fak... More

Trigger/content warnings
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20- Epilogue

12

822 68 23
By KangYeosnack

The last day of the competition has finally come, all contestants sitting in front of the stage with anticipation. Yeosang is backstage with Wooyoung, since he has to model the winning piece and luckily, there are two runner ups, meaning two more models will be there so he doesn't have to be alone.

Wooyoung is just with him for company again, "are you nervous?" He asks and Yeosang just shrugs.

"No, I've done this a million times".

Wooyoung nods, watching the other get his make up done, his bare faced beauty not being hidden, just enhanced. "Stop staring" Yeosang can feel his eyes which haven't moved from him even once.

"How can I not when you're this handsome". Without blurts out, both of them found red at what he said. Yeosang clears his throat and Wooyoung finally looks away, trying to focus on something else, when he recognises someone.

"Mingi!" Wooyoung runs over to the man, who is also getting his makeup done and looks at him in surprise. "Wooyoung? What are you doing here?"

"I'm with Yeosang" he points at the man, who looks at them confused at why Wooyoung suddenly ran off to someone else. "You're modelling here too, how cool"

Mingi beams at him. "Yeah, it's my first job in a while, I'm glad I can do this again" Wooyoung gives him a sad smile, there's a long pause. "Don't worry Mingi I haven't forgot about what you told me"

He wants to reassure him but the other shrugs, knowing it's a lost cause. "Don't put all your effort into that, you can just forget about it Wooyoung. I don't think we'll ever-"

Wooyoung silences him, not claiming any negative energy. He's made a promise to help Mingi to the best of his ability and he will. It's just that it might take a long time. Mingi gives him a small smile anyway, appreciating his eagerness to help him.

He waits for everyone to finish with their makeup then drags Yeosang to his new friend. "This is Mingi, Mingi this is Yeosang"

Mingi shakes his hand nervously, already knowing who Yeosang is of course, and to everyone's surprise, Yeosang knows him too. "Song Mingi right?"

The man widens his eyes, about to question how he knows him but Yeosang interrupts. "I've seen you before, you know, magazines, runways, it's hard to forget a pretty face like yours". He says and Mingi's face turns bright pink.

"Hey! He has a boyfriend" Wooyoung smacks Yeosang's arm, he feels strange, not knowing how he feels about Yeosang flirting with Mingi, it's not like him and Yeosang have real feelings for each other... right.

"Don't worry, I do too" Yeosang winks at him, making Wooyoung scoff, turning away so he doesn't see his red face.

~

Hongjoong is sat near the front, luckily he has a good view of the stage. A catwalk was also added to show off the winners piece properly, Hongjoong bounces his leg, a habit he has when he's very nervous.

Today, unlike the last two times he's sat in this big hall, Hongjoong is alone. Changho was kicked out that very day the incident occurred, it all happened so fast, the last time he saw him was when he had his hands around his neck. At first, Hongjoong thought it was a shame that the one friend he made turned out to be a psycho but now he's glad he's gone now rather than later finding out he isn't a good person, it doesn't hurt as much.

Seonghwa stands on the stage and starts talking, introducing the last event of the competition. Hongjoong thinks he suits the businessman look, professional and classy just like his personality. Initially Hongjoong had a strong dislike towards Seonghwa, to be honest, the man did nothing wrong it was just Hongjoong being bitter and moody. He thought Seonghwa was a rich snob (this opinion having no basis) but instead he surprised him with a gentle and kind personality.

Hongjoong thinks he was just jealous Seonghwa was both out of this world handsome and incredibly rich at the same time.

Now that he and Seonghwa are somewhat... friends (thanks to Yeosang), Hongjoong would love to keep their friendship not just because they have a mutual friend, but to actually hang out together. Even so, he gets unusually nervous when he's alone with Seonghwa anywhere, his sparkling eyes are too blinding for him. He wonders how Seonghwa feels about him.

He probably doesn't think anything, he's just Yeosang's neighbour. But Hongjoong can't lie, he hopes Seonghwa sees him as a friend and not just his best friends neighbour, otherwise all those friendly behaviours towards him during the competition might have been a misunderstanding.

Hongjoong tries listening to what Seonghwa's saying but two people behind him are gossiping so loudly, he accidentally eavesdrops on their conversation.

"I heard Mr Park didn't take part in the decision of the final piece"

"What? But he's the one behind the whole competition, how can he not decide!"

"Don't say I told you this but... I heard that he personally knows one of the contestants".

Hongjoong almost turns around in surprise, his legs bouncing faster with his anxiety rushing around his body.

"He knows someone here. Then... did they get into the competition because Mr Park too- Isn't that so unfair? Someone else could've had their spot" Hongjoong focuses on something else, trying not to listen to them anymore.

"Nah it's just a rumour I doubt Mr Park would do something like that, maybe he didn't take part in the voting because he just trusts the other judges that much" Hongjoong bites his nails, they're being too loud. He wants to stand up and find another seat but he's too awkward to do that. 

Thankfully, Seonghwa commences the announcing of the winners and the two behind him finally stop talking. First being the two runner ups.

Hongjoong holds his breath, even being a runner up would be the biggest honour for him. He sits there and prays, hoping for them to call his name.

But two other names are called, one being one of the gossipers behind him. Their friend is squealing and clapping in joy and Hongjoong claps with a small smile for them as they walk to the stage, get a certificate and a cheque (the runner up prize) and take pictures with Seonghwa.

Hongjoong wishes that could be him but he has little hope now. He hoped he could get at least runner up but he isn't one of them, there's no way he's the winner, he's seen some other contestants work and his mind was blown. There are some seriously talented people here and Hongjoong knows he has no chance against them. They probably went to a prestigious fashion school, or paid heaps for a fashion course, he really has no chance.

The room goes quiet again as Seonghwa is about to announce the winner. "This piece was flawless, gaining 29/33 of the judges votes, it was one that perfectly captured the theme of identity while also looking fashionable. This designer is extremely talented and Mars Couture are proud to give the internship to them and call them the winner of this competition".

Hongjoong's heart sinks as he hears the description of the winner, it's definitely not him. He looks around and he feels like he's the only nervous one. Everyone else is holding their head up high, confident looks on their faces, they all look like they just got the news that they won. He wishes he could be like them.

"Congratulations Kim Hongjoong"

.

Hongjoong sits up, eyes widening after having blanked out for a second there. He can see clapping and people cheering but he can't hear anything, his thundering heart is too loud. He looks at Seonghwa, who nods at him, smiling widely and, with shaking legs he makes his way up to the stage.

Seonghwa hands the certificate to him "well done Hongjoong" he doesn't even know if he smiles back because everything is numb, turning towards the photographer and taking a picture is all a blur, suddenly he feels himself sitting down. Looking around, he didn't even know he left the stage and sat next to the runner ups.

"Now it's time for everyone to see the winning pieces, with Kang Yeosang modelling the number one piece and Song Mingi and Kang Hyewon modelling the runner up pieces".

Hongjoong watches in awe, he's never seen his project actually on a person, only on mannequins. Yeosang walks with confidence and class, it's honestly him who makes the piece look a hundred times better. The second and third place projects are amazing too, both first place material. He still can't believe he won, heart still racing in excitement.

Since he's seen his own piece a million times already, Hongjoong looks around at the audience, everyone pointing in awe at his work, it makes him feel warm and happy. He knows this is what he wants to do for the rest of his life.

Hongjoong's eyes wander off to look for Seonghwa, who is off the stage but still next to it. He's already looking at him. Both can't hide their smiles and something flutters in Hongjoong's heart with the way Seonghwa's eyes sparkle just for him, mouthing 'good job' to him. He thanks him with a wide smile, relishing in the feeling of Seonghwa praising him. He feels like they're the only two in the room when he looks at him like that.

Within a second, Seonghwa's expression turns shocked, no longer looking at him. Hongjoong frowns, turning around to see what made the other react this way. He hears screaming and crashing and sees people falling out of their chairs. Nothing would have ever prepared Hongjoong to see someone pushing past the audience and running towards him.

Hongjoong is pulled out of his seat and thrown onto the floor, the crowd gasping and screaming in shock. It all happened so fast he couldn't even react and suddenly Changho is on top of him, this dangerous position being all too familiar.

"I knew this was your plan, Yeosang was supposed to wear MY piece, I thought I warned you Hongjoong". Hongjoong is breathing heavily, grabbing his arms before they can go around his neck again. He struggles against the stronger man, panicking when Changho's face displays intense rage as he frees himself from his grip and dives in for a punch.

Hongjoong freezes, waiting for the impact with his eyes tightly shut in fear but all he feels is Changho standing up. He opens his eyes to see the man being held by security guards, Seonghwa sat next to him, breathing heavily as if he ran to him.

He tries to call Hongjoong, pulling him up from the floor and asking if he's ok but he's still frozen, eyes on Changho being dragged away.

"I will get to Yeosang- You can't stop me Hongjoong, my boss will get to him you hear that? you can't stop me!" He yells frantically, trying to escape from the guards grasp but failing.

Yeosang is next to him now, placing a hand on his shoulder "hyung, are you okay?" Hongjoong doesn't say anything. He can feel all the eyes on him and their murmuring hurts his ears. "Let's take him backstage away from the crowd" he says and Seonghwa nods, guiding Hongjoong there. The ceo calms the audience down and dismisses them, offering the food tables and everyone gets up happily, having forgotten the incident already.

~

Wooyoung runs behind the stage, looking for Yeosang. He finds him alone in a corner, looking in the direction of Hongjoong with concerned eyes.

Running up to him, he pulls him in for a hug. Yeosang freezes for a second, still not used to Wooyoung's liking to physical contact. "Are you okay" he says, scanning his face for any discomfort.

"I'm fine, I'm just worried for Hongjoong hyung"

"How are you fine! That guy just announced that he's after you and that his boss wants you too!" Wooyoung exclaims, shocked at how Yeosang seems calm.

Yeosang tuts "I'm not the one who just got attacked! I'll worry about hyung first then myself". Wooyoung can't believe the man in front of him. "Didn't you recognise the guy?"

He nods. When the man ran up to Hongjoong and attacked him, Yeosang immediately recognised him as the one he saw looking suspicious and going into the restricted area on the first day of the competition, the same man 'accidentally' going into his office when he and Wooyoung were in there too. "Then you know that this is serious! He hurt Hongjoong hyung, if you're not going to worry about yourself, I will". 

Yeosang moves his eyes away from Hongjoong, who has Seonghwa talking to him anyway, Wooyoung hesitantly cupping his cheek. His sad expression makes his heart tighten, he must really be worried about him.

He gives him a small smile, opening his mouth to say something but is interrupted when two people come up to him. "Mingi! Jongho!" Wooyoung greets and Yeosang glances at him curiously, he knows who Mingi is but he's never seen Jongho before. Wooyoung widens his eyes "oh! This is Jongho, Mingi's bodyguard".

Yeosang raises his eyebrows, taking a look at Jongho. He could have sworn he was a model, he's definitely pretty enough to be one.

"Hi Wooyoung, Yeosang, we just wanted to check if you're alright. I was so shocked when all this happened I can't imagine what you're feeling right now" Mingi says with sympathy.

Yeosang thanks them for their worries "it is a bit scary" he admits and the pair frown.

"We were hoping we could help you- you shouldn't live in fear because of that man. Jongho is a very skilled bodyguard, he's happy to guard your home and-"

Yeosang shakes his head. "Don't worry about it! We'll sort something out, thank you so much for offering though- it's really kind of you-"

"So let us be kind to you- Yeosang it's dangerous right now, at least for a few weeks Jongho can guard your house. You two have been nothing but kind to us so you can't reject us".

Yeosang glances at Wooyoung who shrugs, indicating that it's his decision. It is a good idea, having a bodyguard to keep him safe at home. But Jongho is Mingi's bodyguard, he can't just take someone else's guard. He wonders what would happen if someone actually broke in, Wooyoung would be in danger too. However, after a bit more arguing Yeosang finally gives in and accepts their help.

~

After checking up on his best friend, Seonghwa drives him, Wooyoung and Hongjoong home. He heard about the other model Mingi and his bodyguard's plan from Yeosang which he agrees with. His friend can be safe at his home and with Hongjoong in such close proximity to them, he would be safe too.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay at my place instead?" Once they arrive Seonghwa tries convincing Yeosang to go home with him, it would be safer than this apartment, whoever was after Yeosang probably knows about him moving houses too. "I'll be okay hyung, I have Wooyoung with me and Jongho if anything does go wrong".

Yeosang hugs his best friend, he doesn't want him to worry too much. Yes, its a bit scary having someone target you but he feels safe where he is right now. "Okay, I'll come back in the morning though" he nods, he wont stop his friend from worrying about him of course.

Seonghwa says goodbye to Wooyoung, telling him to be safe too and not forgetting to thank Jongho and Mingi for their kind efforts. He turns away from them as he walks away from them but sees Hongjoong standing there outside his flat door, probably waiting for Yeosang and Wooyoung to go in. "Will you be alright too?" Seonghwa goes up to him and Hongjoong bites his lip. "Yeah."

However, the nervousness in his face is evident, this day was supposed to be happy for him, he was supposed to be celebrating his win. "Do you want to stay at my house?" Hongjoong widens his eyes "or I could stay at yours if you're nervous about being alone". Hongjoong had suffered the most form this situation, having been attacked physically. Twice. Seonghwa wants him to be safe, no longer worried.

But the other shakes his head. "No I would want to bother you, I'll really be fine here". Seonghwa inwardly sighs, he's still worried about him but he respects his decision. "Call me if anything happens okay? no, even if nothing happens you can call me". Hongjoong smiles awkwardly.

"I- uh don't have your number" he silently curses himself, he could have asked Yeosang for his number but here he is actually asking Seonghwa for his number.

"Oh, right" Seonghwa laughs awkwardly and they exchange numbers. "We're friends now you know that? You don't have to be awkward around me" Hongjoong nods, he doesn't think he'll ever be not-awkward around Seonghwa. His family own the company of his dreams, his only goal in life, in all honesty Seonghwa slightly intimidates him. This rich-first-class-outrageously-handsome-son-of-Mars-Couture man is friends with him? He has his number? Not to mention his best friend is also a rich-first-class-ethereal chaebol too, why would he want to be friends with someone like Hongjoong, who has nothing to show off.

He watches Seonghwa as he leaves, he secretly did want him to stay but he'd probably feel nervous around him instead of feeling more calm. He has to get used to it though, he's going to see Seonghwa a lot now that he'll be an intern at his family's company. In fact, he has to go in tomorrow to move into his new office and prepare himself for next week when he actually starts.

He needs to mentally prepare himself to see Seonghwa a lot now.

~ Really sorry this fic seems to be leaning a lot towards seongjoong for the last few chapters, I promise woosang will get some action too soon! I haven't forgotten about them <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 3.7K 20
[COMPLETE] ATEEZ wooyoung/san "he's just so perfect. do you know heather? for me, that's him." "..dude, heather's a girl." (full synopsis inside) -a...
26K 1.2K 40
[Updates Weekly!] Started: 04/06/23 Completed: - " " Prove your words " San whispered, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his mouth m...
10.5K 511 17
wooyoung x princess/assassin!reader | you are the princess of wonderland but also an undercover agent for your nation. wooyoung is the representativ...
35.5K 1.4K 5
Soulmate au where the first words spoken to your soulmate are written on your body. And Wooyoung and Yeosang weren't exactly sure about the words wr...