Anbum Aranum Udaiththaayin

By Random_Sparks

அன்பும் அறனும் உடைத்தாயின் இல்வாழ்க்கை பண்பும் பயனும் அது. Can marriage be held in name of virtue with no lov... More

Vidhi
Thuyaram
Kaamam
Mana Kumaral
Nerukku Ner
Mudivu
Kilarchi
Kulappam
Avachol
Ninaivugal
Purakkanipu
Aravanaippu
Thelivu
Azhutham
Akkarai
Anbu
Unardhal
Vethanai
Ellai
Parisu
Kovam
Oppudhal
Pirivu
Sandhipu
Kaarpulli
Nallinakam
Nokkam
Kutra Unarchi
Vivagarathu
Unavagam
Illam
Ketuvai
Thaniyaga
Payirrunar
Pudavai
Sondham
Thirumanam
Irppu
Unarchi Purvam
Katandhu Pogum
Avan
Nambikai
Sudari
Pathukappu
Soan papadi
Kalangam
Unmai Tharunam
Varama Sabhama?
Uyir Uruvaadha
Tharunam
Anandha Naatkal
Munmozhivu
Yosanai
Edhirgalam
Niraivu
Varutham
Senkathire
Emmatram
Grahapravesam
Poruppu
Kudumbam
Suya Mariyadhai
Urudhi
Alosanai
Pilavu
Arivuruthal
Nermai
Kadai Thirappu
Dhooram
Samarasam
Amaidhi
En Jeevan
Mogathirai
Nee Naan Naam
Nerukkam
Pathirikkai
Polivu
Ennavale
Marudhani
Maangalyam
Theeranadhi
Kootu Kudumbam
Irudhiurai
Nandrigal 🙏🏽

Udanpirappu

1.2K 186 150
By Random_Sparks

Mullai felt relieved for unknown reason. She looked around the temple and saw her athai sitting below the dias on the right side. She noticed her athai was watching her intently and made a gesture asking to come to her.

She turned towards Kathir "Naan poi athaiya pathutu vandudarean" and left the podium.

"Edhuku Mulla vandha? Nee inga vandhu kasta padanumnu unaku enna thalai ezhutha?", Lakshmi said teary eyed.

"Adhu elam onum illa Athai. Palasa elam naan onum nenaikala. Naan mama kalyanam pakka vandhean. Avalavu than", she comfortably knelt near Lakshmi to meet her eyes.

"Nee enaiku mathavangala korai solli iruka, inaiku solla.", Lakshmi said with glint of pride and happiness stroking Mullai's hair.

"Apadi yarum inga oru thapum panala. Nenga unga payan kalyanathu anaikum ipadi azhuthutu irukenga. Sandhosama sirichutu irukaradha vitutu"

"Nee vazha vendiya vazhkai ma idhu. Manasuku inum uruthalavey iruku", and held Mullai's hand for comfort.

"Unga marumagala ilaina enna? Enaikum unga thambi ponnu than naan. Ela urimaiyum inum enaku iruku. Nenga kalati vidalamnu yosikadhenga", Mullai pulled out her tongue mocking her aunt.

Lakshmi amma smiled through her tears "Vaalu. Inum kurumbu matum koraiyala"

Meanwhile, Meena saw Mullai talking to Lakshmi and an uneasiness spread her heart.

"Naan avalavu solliyum nee Mullaiya kalyanathuku kuptiya Jeeva?", she nudged him

"Andha pulla varuvanu enaku theiryadhu. Inga vandhu than pathean", Jeeva tried to explain but Meena was not ready to listen

"Amma kuptu irupanga.Andhu pullayum vandhu irukum. Adhuku.."

He barely had a the chance to finish his sentence when Meena fired another question at him

"Inum veetla elarukum ava than mukiyam illa Jeeva?"

Jeeva let out a frustrated breath.

"Andha pulla en mama ponnu. Chinnadhil irundhu veetuku vandhutu pova, elar kudayum pesuva. Ipavum apadi than iruka. Idhuku elam prachanai panadha Meena. Anaiku sonna mathiri, naan Mullai pathi un kita pesa matean. Neeyey ipo aramikadha".

He held her hand to calm her down. He was not sure if the one mistake he did in his life would ever leave him in peace.

"Amam elam naan than aramikarean, nee onum panala.." She pulled away from him and shook her head as tears were fighting to fall.

"Inaiku namba kalyana naal. Moonjiya thuki vechukadha. Please Meena"

Meena thought Jeeva had a point. She was not ready to spoil her big day over a burnt milk. She let it pass and not have a fight with Jeeva now.

Janarthan was watching her daughter mood get soured and he knew the reason. He was getting irritated every passing minute. Kalai sensed he change in her husband's mood and tried to distract.

"Meena, Aparam mapillai kita pesalam. Modhala periyavanga kita aasirvadham vangunga"

Mullai wached Jeeva and meena from afar, now that his athai and she were done talking. Even though he was not trying to show it, she could see him tense. His brows furrowed while he stared at Meena. He was visibly irritated. Maybe she should go and help, she asked herself but did not want to make the matters worse.

"Athai naan kelambata?"

"Adhu kulaya? Sapidama kuda anuparom. Iru, Kannava illa Kathira vida solrean unna. Thaniya poga venam"

Mullai saw the bride and groom leave the podium and she walked away discretely where Kathir and Kanan were standing.

"Anni, athai yepadi ungala kalyanathuku vitanga?", Kanna put forward his biggest doubt for the day.

"Office la function nu solitu vandhean da. Inga vandhean therinja amma avalavu than, sammi adidum" she said which made Kannan chuckle.

"Anni pasikudhu. Ivanga enga veetuku vandhu paal pazham saptu, aparam avugha veetuku poi than elarukum sapadu. Sabhaa"

"Porumaiya iru da, epo paaru sapadu. Tharuvanga"

"Sapadu romba mukiyam. Nenga edhuku kasta patu velaiku poi sambadhekarenga? Elam kadasila soruku thana?"

"Ada da enna oru logic", she spanked his shoulder smilingly.

By then all the formalities were over and guest had started to leave. Only the immediate family members were getting ready to take the newlyweds to their house to complete the remaining formalities.

Dhanam came there along with Janarthanan

"Mullai, veetuku vandhutu saptutu aparam polam", Dhanam said feeling bad to ask her to leave when she made effort to come all the way for the wedding.

"Ill akka . Office la konjam latea varenu solitu than vandhean", Mullai politely declined.

By then Kathir sensing the tension building, started fidgeting a bit. He wanted to get Mullai out of the place before Janarthan broke things loose.

"Anni, adhan avaluku velai irukunu solra illa. Naan avala poi vitutu vandudarean", Kathir stated a little sternly.

"Kalyanathuku vandutu sapidama yepadi da anuparadhu?. Adhu ilama athaiya kutitu vara nee venum da", Dhanam thought aloud.

"Illa parava illa. Naan auto pudichu bus stand poikarean. Ungaluku elarukum velai irukum. Nenga parunga", Mullai pacified them again

While Kathir was contemplating a plan to drop Mullai , he saw Janarthan stepping forward

"Inga indha ponnu...." and he was cut down by Kanna.

"Idhuku edhuku ithana peru panjayathu panrenga? "

He turned towards Dhanam and Kathir "Anni, nenga elarum kelaumbunga. Mullai anni'a naan poi vitutu vandudarean"

He tugged Mullai's hand and started walking before anyone else commented anything. When they were out of sight

"Dei nee epo da ivalavu nalavan aana?" Mullai asked chucking at how smartly Kanna evaded trouble.

"Ada. Pasikudhu Anni. Vanga rendu perum edavadhu first sapidalam. Aparama ungala office la vidarean. Ivangala nambi inga irundha, inum 2-3 mani nerathuku soru kedaikadhu"

Mid-February, Kunnakudi Tailor shop

It was February and luckily the heat hasn't been harsh yet. Mullai could feel the cool winter still in the afternoons. Mullai was waiting outside a tailor shop for some alterations. Her phone buzzes and she grabs it from her bag. She sees a text from Kathir and she cannot help the smile that slides onto her face

Ipo than un message pakarean. Saptachu. Ipo than delivery mudichean

She quickly types a response. She might seem too eager to immediately respond, but she did not care. After her bike training, she hardly got to spend time with Kathir. With the wedding and additional work, Kathir seems to be spending more hours at Kunnakudi shop. Though they met at Jeeva's wedding and has been talking over phone almost daily, she still misses seeing him.

Indha varam oru naal coffee shop polama? she replied already her hopes souring high on chances to meet him.

At the same time, she got a ping from him, Nalaiku sandhiram Coffee shop polama?

A small giggle falls from her lips. He usually never initiates their meet and she cannot contain the thrill. She looks up at the entrance of the store to see if anyone notices her but no one does.

She look down at her phone to see Kathir had texted again

Kanna'vum unna pakkanum solitey irundhan

She rolls her eyes at the text, though a huge grin stays on her lips

"Ivanuku pakanumnu polla irukunu sonna than enna?", she mentally scolded him in his head while she responded

Kanna matum thana?🤔

She responds way too quickly and almost wince on how fast she texted him back.

Enakum than, comes the reply making her heart flutters, and her nerves of responding too fast vanishes.

Nalaiku epo varumnu iruku, she text back honestly

Someone calls her from inside. She puts her phone back into the bag to get inside.

Monday - Coffee shop

Mullai is meeting Kathir and Kanan at their usual hangout coffee shop this evening. Mullai has been literally counting down the hours until she meets him at the café.

When she pushed through the entrance of the coffee shop, she is overwhelmed by the warmth and comfort. Over last fall, her life has changed. She got to spend lot of time with Kathir and Kanna and she also got to do things like eating at road side shops, late night bike rides, meeting up friends in such shops and she is excited about these changes.

Roasted coffee beans and puff smell linger in the air. Alternative music trickles in the background while study groups, couples and families tend to their hot drinks.

She ordered a coffee for her and a tea for Kathir. Though she drinks tea daily, she enjoys some good strong coffee occasionally. She ordered tea the way he likes. He likes his tea with less milk and sugar. However, she was not sure what Kanan would like to eat today. His decisions and craving change faster than light. She decided to order for him after he arrives.

She casts a gaze across the coffee shop while she waited for Kathir and Kanna to arrive. Behind the counter, there is a magnificent backdrop of white brick and black and white menu board. Another factor she adores here are the plants in every nook and corner. The other wall is too empty. Suddenly she envisions a small bookshelf over there. It would be nice to have a place to sip your beverage while reading a book. Maybe in future, she could build a café with a library included, she thought.

After the barista has helped her, she carry the drinks to her favorite empty seats. She sits down and signs in happiness. She pick up her coffee and take a sip, enjoying the sweetness. Until Kathir arrives, she plays her waiting game.

Five minutes later, she was munching on some biscuits and rush of winter air enter the coffee shop. Out of curiosity, she glance over her shoulder. Her heat leaps into her throat.

It was Kathir in a black pant and a light yellow checked shirt. He loiters in the entryway for a few seconds, as if scouring the area for someone. When his hazel eyes meet hers, he smiles that hits her like a shot. It is so genuine, innocent and so adorable that she can barely handle.

He crosses the room in seconds, sitting down next to her.

"Kanna inum varalaya? Naan than latenu nenachean"

"Illa. Inum varala".

He glances at her "Tea enaka?"

She just nods, overwhelmed by his presence. He usually sits opposite to her. Now they were so close that his thigh is pressing against her and his shoulder rubs against hers. Though he never wears a strong cologne, the nature smell of him is intoxicating as hell.

Kathir nods his approval as he pics up the mug and takes a long sip. He puts the mug down

"Thanks Mulla. Ipo than kannu theliva theriyudhu enaku. Sema velai inaiku"

Her lips twist to the side in disappointment "Velai naduvila vara vechutena?"

"Adhu elam illa. Naanum thana unna kuptean. Aparam enna?", he chuckle slightly.

They lapse into a comfortable silence for a moment, sipping their drinks.

"Naan edhuku kuptena.." she hesitates

"Enakey pakkama iruka mudiyalanu kuptenu nenachean", he drawls and earn him a punch in his biceps. His response surprised himself. He was elated to see her after long and acted involuntarily. Also somehow, he felt more comfortable with her and did not feel the need to measure every word he spoke. He hoped it stayed this way ever without offending or crossing the line.

"Athai phone pananga. En appa kita pesanumnu ketanga.", she pauses tracing the rim of the mug.

"Hmm Amma sonanga. Nanadandhaku manipu nerla pathu kekanumnu. "

"Yerkanamey phonela pesitanga. Thirumba edhukunu puriyala. Adhu ilama, unga thapu elam enna iruku idhula?"

"Jeeva anne inoru ponna virumbararnu therinjum unaku kalyana mudivu panadhala than ivalavu prachanai. Unga appa inum kovama irukarnu theriyudhu. Amma phone panna pesarar thavira, munna pola illa. Amma ku adhula varutham"

"hmm Appa ku kovam elam illa. Varutham than. Ponnu vazhkai ipadi ayiduchunu.", she was measuring her response not to offend him or his family but he surprised with his response.

"Unga appa nenaikaradhum seri thana? Enga mela kovama irundhalum adhula thappu onum illa"

"Amam, adhu enna unga appa. Unaku mama ilaya?", she tried her best to make it lighter. She did not want him to get all pity over her.

"Seri ma. EN MAMA. Podhuma?", he said dramatically hitting his chest with his hands.

She chuckles, taking a sip of her coffee though she was internally doing a happy dance. It was the first time he has addressed her father as his mama.

"Kathiru, onnu kekata?"

"Ilana matum kekama iruka poriya? Adhu than unala mudiyadhey"

She rolls her eyes, nudging him with her elbow "Thimuru"

"Seri kellu"

"En kita edhuku thirumba pesa aramicha? En mela unaku oru varutham kuda ilaya?"

Keeping her eyes locked with Kathir, she notices a small crease between his brows. He moves forward an inch. Her heart starts pounding against her chest. Her palms are sweating

"Does he still like me?" her inner voice screamed.

Before he could say anything, his phone pings. He gets irritated and cut the call and keeps it back in his pocket.

"Sollu Kathir. Yepadi en kita thirumba pesina?", she asked again braving herself.

He pauses for a fraction of a second narrowing his eyes to her.

"Mulla" he says starching the nape of his neck. He want to say so many things to her but he is unable to articulate the words.

"Nee enaku epovum nala friend than. Anne vishayathila nadadhandhala nama kula edhuvum maradhu"

His words just pierced her heart. Her jaws clenches and she tried to hide her disappointment.

He could feel a tinge of sadness in her voice when she says "hmm seri"

Even after their drinks were done, they sat there talking. Finally after an hour when they walked out, she looks up the night, sky was filled with twinkling stars. Her hair blows in the cool breeze and notices Kathir tucking his hand deep in the pockets of his pants.

"Edavadhu saptu polama?"

Mullai tucks the loose strand of hair behind the ears "Ipo thana coffee saptean. Veetuku poi dinner saptukarean"

"Hmm seri"

"Venumna konjam nadakalama?" she asked even before her brain could process how bad the idea was.

"Seri va", he said without any hesitancy.

They started walking in the road in silence lost in their own thoughts.

"Yeah pathu road oram pogadha. Edvadhu puchi iruka pogudhu"

And before Kathir could complete, he saw her jump into a tree branch in a jiffy

"Eiii. Loosa nee? Ipo edhuku marathu mela yerina?"

"Kathiru! Anga pambu iruku. neum odidu"

"Edhu? Pamba? Enga?"

She pointed to a space in the grass her face still panic ridden. After scanning for the place, he found a rope lying on the ground.

He took it in his hand and asked "Idhu than andha pamba?"

"Kayira? Sabhaa bayandhey poitean"

"Pappa. Elathukum bayapada vendiyadhu. Seri erangu "

"Ayoo bayama iruku yeranga"

"Korangu mathiri erra matum therijudu illa. Gudhi. Onum agadhu"

"ayoo, bayama iruku"

Having no choice, he moves closer. He wraps his arms around her waist and picks her up to the ground. He puts her down and she stumble in the ground. Kathir extends his hands out to steady her.

She notices a giggle raise from his throat. Though she was irriated he was making fun of her, the whole situation was making her chuckle as well.

"Aanalum orey thavula maratha yerina paaru", he mocked her trying his best to control his laugh.

"Chumma soladha. Nee thana edavadhu irukumnu sonna. Kalla idhu thatu patuchu. Pambunu nenachutean", she pouted.

Her words caused his controlled laughter turn into uncontrolled one. Soon Mullai joined and soon were laughing clutching their stomach and tears were streaming down their cheeks. The laughter felt good, but their stomach muscle begged to differ.

Mullai looked at Kathir. There is no denying she loved seeing him laugh. It is strange how many things have changed since the time she got married to Jeeva; about how much they have grown into each other since then. However, it was also exciting. She wondered what else is going to change soon and what directions their lives will take. But, she was confident about one thing, it's that Kathir and she will be best friends until the end.

Later that night, when Kathir walked into his room, Kanna followed him inside

"Dei, enga da ponna? Engala coffee shop vara solitu kadasila nee varala?"

"Mullai Anni vandhu irupanga illa. Aparam enna?"

"Dei, athana velaiya vitutu vandhean. Ipo en varalanu ketta, nee enna samadham ilama badhil solra?

"Seriya than solrean. Adhan Mullai anni kuda irundha illa, aparam naan edhukunu solrean!"

Kathir nearly jump out of his skin when Kanna said that to him.

"Enna?!", he asked thinking his mind was playing tricks with the words.

Biting the inside of his cheeks and with a toothy grin Kanna adds "Pudicha ponnu kuda thaniya time spend pannanumnu kuda thonadha anne unaku? Adhuku help panna, enna thita vera seiyara?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 4.7K 37
This is based on college love . KM=KC .
11.1K 1.2K 8
Recreation the next day of KM shivarathiri🙈
875K 86.8K 158
Arjun and shalini tie the knot in an arranged marriage. what surprises does the life has for them . How do they find their love for each other ? or W...