Cold Hearted (up for adoption)

By FishiB0i

Izuku was always a quiet kid that kept to himself ever since he was young. He had a few friends but he mainly... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve; The USJ
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen; A Hero's Perspective
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One; The Sports Festival Pt 1
Chapter Twenty-Two; The Sports Festival Pt 2
A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three; The Sports Festival Pt 3
Update
Sorry

Chapter Ten

2.5K 64 22
By FishiB0i

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

I slapped the button to shut off the alarm and rolled over. I didn't sleep much last night. I was too busy thinking about Momo. "Why does she just want to give up?" I put my hand over my eyes. "It just doesn't seem like her to just... give up." I pulled the sheets off and sat on the edge of my bed. "No point in dwelling on it." I got up and got dressed and headed out. I was running late so most of the class was already there.

I looked over at Momo; who just gave me a half smile before looking away. I sat in my seat and leaned back in my chair. "Alone again, great. But it's not like I'm not already use to it." A few minutes past and the bell rang. Mr. Aizawa and Midoriya came in at the same time. "Those two and their grand entrances." I smiled at myself.

Once Midoriya took his seat, Mr. Aizawa started talking about the next few days. "The schedule for this year has been changed slightly. Principle Nezu found it necessary to move up the USJ rescue training to two days from now." The class gasped, and Iida stood up.

"But sir! We haven't even had any quirk training!" Aizawa sighed. "Shut up and sit down." Iida got flustered but he sat down anyways. "Now, like Iida rudely interrupted the class to say, you haven't had any quirk training. So, you will be put into two groups for crash courses. A combat group and a noncombatant group. We will go ahead and start training what your quirks are naturally good at. But you can always change the way you use your quirk in the future. For example, Uraraka you will be in the noncombatant group and practice lifting heavy objects for certain periods of time. But if you wish later to develop your quirk to suite combat than you may do so. This training is only for the next couple of days. Also, if your quirk falls in the middle, you may choose what you do. For example, Midoriya you can use your Telekinesis both for combat and rescue operations. Any questions?"

The class stayed silent, not even Iida raised his hand knowing that he would probably be ignored. "Good, now I will split you up into your groups."

Combat Group

Yuga Aoyama

Tenya Iida (By choice)

Mashirao Ojiro

Denki Kaminari

Eijiro Kirishima

Kyoka Jiro

Fumikage Tokoyami (By Choice)

Shoto Todoroki

Katsuki Bakugo

Izuku Midoriya (By Choice)

Noncombatant Group

Momo Yaoyorozu (By Choice)

Toru Hagakure

Hanta Sero (By Choice)

Mezo Shoji

Koji Koda

Ochaco Uraraka

Tsuyu Asui (By choice)

Rikido Sato (By choice)

"Alright everyone got on a list, right?" The class nodded their heads. "Good. Now, since this is so rushed, at the actual USJ training you will be put into pairs. One noncombatant and one combatant. Since there are two extra combatants, those two will be partners. This is so almost everyone has someone who has combat experience and one who has rescue experience. Though in this exercise there will be no fighting, and the combatant will learn from the noncombatant. Make sense?" There was confused looks from the class, but Aizawa just sighed. "Don't worry it'll make sense when we go to the USJ."

"Ok, everyone go get changed in your gym uniforms and go to the gym." I walked alone to the locker rooms and to gym. Not even Hagakure came over to talk to me. "Well, that part isn't bad." I sighed and walked to the back of the group of combatants. "I guess Momo told them how I felt about Midoriya and how we should give him a chance."

Soon after we all left the locker room, Aizawa came over to our group. "I will be teaching you guys while Thirteen will be teaching the ones over there." He pointed behind him and we could see Uraraka and Asui fangirling over Thirteen.

"Now that that is out of the way. What we will be doing is a torment. There is no better combat training then actual combat. So, we have separated all of you into who you will be going against. It will be Midoriya vs Iida. Bakugo vs Tokoyami. Kirishima vs Kaminari. Todoroki vs. Aoyama. Jiro vs. Ojiro."

Aizawa looked up from his list. "Everyone understand who you are going up against?" We all nodded our head. "Good, then go to the five areas marked off for your area you may fight in. Which leads us into how you win. You win by either by incapacitating your opponent, your opponent gives up, or you knock them out of the square. These rules will change for the final fight though, so keep that in mind. Any questions?"

I raised my hand. "Yes Todoroki?" "There are five groups, so there will five winners. That means that one person will be without a fight. Who will that be?" Aizawa nodded his head. "When Midoriya wins he will be the opponent for whoever wins the rest of the fights." Midoriya started snickering and Iida's face started to go red. "I-I still have a chance to beat him! Don't write me off yet!" Aizawa sighed. "Fine, whoever wins in their match will be the final opponent."

He looked back. "Better Iida?" Iida was about to speak up but decided against it and just nodded his head.

Everyone got into their marked off areas and then Mr. Aizawa started counting down.

Izuku P.O.V.

I couldn't help but snicker at the fact that Aizawa thought it was impossible for Glasses to beat me. "I mean he's right, but that has to sting for Glasses." We all walked to our areas and then Aizawa started counting down. "3...2....1....Go!"

Glasses activated his quirk and ran at me as fast as he could. I lifted my hand and stopped him right before he could push me out of bounds. "You knew you couldn't beat me in combat so you wanted to push me out right? Not a bad idea, but unfortunately my quirk activation is faster than your engines." Then I flicked my wrist and he flew out of the square. I looked over and Todoroki and Bakugo were done as well. Bakugo was yelling like he usually does. "Looks like he is back too normal."

A few minutes passed and Ojiro and Kirishima won. Although Jiro was close to beating Ojiro and they both needed recovery girl. "The first matches are over. The next matches are the following: Kirishima vs Bakugo and Todoroki vs. Ojiro." I sighed. "Guess I have to wait and see who wins" I walked over next to Aizawa.

"You could have at least given Glasses some false hope." Aizawa shook his head. "No, false hope is a cruel thing to give someone." I chuckled. "I think it's fun thing to give." Aizawa sighed. "Of course, you do."

Then he started counting down for the fights to start "3, 2, 1, Go!" Todoroki just froze Ojiro immediately and won. "That was fast." I looked over and it seemed that Kirishima was giving Bakugo a hard time. "JUST DIE ALREADY." Bakugo let out a huge explosion and flew up in the air flipped over and kicked Kirishima, who blocked it with his arms. Pieces of his skin started flaking off.

"What a gross quirk." Explosion after explosion shook the entire gym, interrupting the rescue training that was going on. So, they all came over to watch. Most were rooting for Kirishima, but there was a few rooting for Bakugo. "The amount of pity that guy has been getting is ridiculous."

After a few minutes, Kirishima's quirk finally gave out and he collapsed. Bakugo was bent over breathing heavily. "Finally... Damn y-you should have given up earlier." Kirishima chuckled at him. "Like hell I should have. That wouldn't have been very manly."

Aizawa decided to give Bakugo a fifteen minute break, since he was worn out from his last fight. So, I decided to go talk to Todoroki while I had the chance. He was sitting by himself by the fake cliff that was put in here for whatever reason.

He looked up at me in surprised when I came over and sat next to him. I looked over at him and he awkwardly scooted away from me and leaned into his knees. "Sorry didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to talk and.... ask you a question." He started to get red. "I'm not uncomfortable. I'm just surprised that you came over here." I looked over and saw the girls look over at us and start whispering to themselves.

"Sorry it seems that I'm causing you problems." I pointed at them and they immediately stopped. "No, no it's fine. Momo and I just had a fight." "Ah ok." We sat there in silence for a moment. "So, you said you had something to tell me." I nodded my head. "I want you to win against Bakugo. I think out of everyone in our class, you're the only one who can even land a hit on me." His cheeks flushed for a second. "That was the plan." I nodded "Good." I waited a few seconds before standing up.

I started to walk away when he yelled at me. "Wait!" I looked back. "What?" "You said you had a question, what is it?" I sighed. "Never mind, it doesn't matter." Then I walked away.

"I'm probably over thinking it anyways."

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

He walked away and I started to gush. "Does he really think I'm strong enough to fight him? I never thought he would say that to anyone, let alone me." I sat there thinking about it for a few more minutes before Momo came over. "What did Midoriya have to say?"

I looked up at her than looked away. She sighed and sat down next to me. "Look Shoto I'm sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt. And your right we....I-I shouldn't have given up on him." I looked over at her and sighed. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have been so blunt." She gave me a small smile and leaned her head against my shoulder.

"Midoriya said he thinks that I can actually give him a good fight." She shot up and looked at me. "You're joking. He said that?! Those exact words?!" I looked down. "Well technically he said he thinks that I can at least land a hit on him." I mumbled the last part and she started laughing. "That's still a big compliment coming from him." I nodded my head. "Yeah. But he also said he had a question, but he decided not to ask me."

She started smiling and elbowing my side. "You know what that means Shoto~" I started to blush. "I know what you are thinking and that definitely not it!" She laughed. "He complimented you and said he had to ask you something! He just got cold feet before he could ask you out Soto. You should just rip off that band aid and ask him!"

My face grew hot. "That is not what he meant! Stop saying that bull shit." She smiled. "Oh well. I guess we will just have to wait until he doesn't have cold feet." That's when Mr. Aizawa called over all the combat training students and Thirteen called over the rescue training students.

All of people who lost their matches were standing next to Mr. Aizawa. "All right, this will be the last match of the day. Whoever wins this will go against Midoriya tomorrow. Then we will go over your flaws and what you can improve on. Got it?" Everyone nodded their heads. "Good now then Bakugo and Todoroki, the rules are a bit different this time around. These will be the same rules as the final match. There are no boundaries. You only win when you incapacitate the other or the other admits defeat. Do you understand?"

We nodded our heads. "Good then let's get started." We stood about fifteen feet away from each other. "Now then let's start this match in 3...2...1...Go!" Bakugo flew himself forward using a massive explosion. I used an ice wall to block him but it collapsed into hundreds of little pieces and Bakugo flew back.

But then he used another explosion to launch himself at me again. "I will lose if he gets too close to me." I sent an ice burg's worth of ice at him, but he exploded up wards and was falling directly at me. I used my ice to push myself away from him just in time. When he made contact, the ground below him cracked into a small crater.

"Is he trying to kill me?!" I used my ice to fly myself up and I launched ice at him as he was regaining his balance from the massive explosion he just sent out. But he put both hands above his head and sent out two huge explosions from both of his hands and destroyed all of my ice.

Smoke covered the battle field as he flew back away from me to regain his breath. We looked at each other, breathing heavily, when it hit me. "We are right back where we started." We stood there for a few more seconds before he launched himself at me again. "It didn't work last time, why would you think it would this time?" I put up another ice wall and he flew himself over it this time, instead of destroying it.

"THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME YOU DAMNED ICY HOT." I scoffed. But then an idea hit me. I got ready and put my left arm over my right and waited to just before he made contact and I covered my left side in ice. The blow made my back leg buckle and broke my right arm, but I was able to incase Bakugo in ice.

His frozen body flopped over as I collapsed and yelped in pain. "Yeah...my arm is defiantly broken." Silence rang over the entire gym before cheers erupted. Everyone started to surrounded me.

"Todoroki you so cool! I would never have even considered going into close combat with him!" "Yeah Todoroki! Your so brave!" Then Momo came over. "You did great Shoto!" I gave her a soft smile.

But then everyone started to split out of the way of Midoriya. "I knew you could win. I can't wait to fight you, Todoroki." My eyes went wide in shock, but I just nodded my head at him After that he walked away.

"Are you all done fawning over him? Cause it looks like he has a broken arm." Recovery Girl and Aizawa made their way through the crowd of students. "Dear, Dear. You children sure do play rough." Recovery girl healed my arm, I unfroze Bakugo, and then Aizawa dismissed the class to go get dressed.

Everyone was trying to talk to me on our way back to the classroom. Including Hagakure, which I wasn't too excited about. But Aizawa told us all to shut up and take our seats once we got back to class. But I couldn't focus for the rest of the day.

"I can't wait to fight you either, Midoriya."

A/N: Hey guys, I hopped you enjoyed this chapter! This is my first time really writing a combat scene, so please feel free to leave feedback and tips on that if you have any. And as always have a good rest of your day. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 5.2K 100
A clear mind. That is all it needs sometimes but a quirk was definitely not helping it. Izuku Midoriya was a kid who got away with murderong his own...
584K 22.2K 56
After being diagnosed quirkless, Izuku's father didn't take it too well. The stress grew too much for Inko. But one day, he just left. Izuku is scram...
867K 27.7K 33
At a young age Izuku Midoriya was pushed to the side. His mother left. His father either is never there, working or abuses him. Even his old best fri...
28.8K 883 17
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...