ꜰɪʀᴇ ᴏɴ ꜰɪʀᴇ • ꜰᴏᴜʀ/ᴛᴏʙɪᴀꜱ ᴇᴀ...

By KayleighFlavell

They're both the same. Fiery attitudes. Heart of pain. Icy glares. They are playing a dangerous game. Fire o... More

°ᴄᴀꜱᴛ°
°ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ°
° 1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
A/N:
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
Urgent!

°9°

15.7K 319 92
By KayleighFlavell

It was the next day, and they had gone to help amity lift bags of materials and food, transferring it onto the dauntless trucks.  

Blair was currently chucking a bag up to another dauntless woman. 

"so we passed the first stage of training, and this is our reward," Lilith chuckled tossing a bag up to someone. 

"glamorous," Blair sarcastically replied from beside her. 

Blair went to pick up another sack until she saw a light on it, moving back and fourth, she looked up to see a light peeking out from the crack of the box of sacks, she squinted her eyes trying to see if she could see anything else, but nothing. 

The thing holding the light had moved, this is when it occurred to Blair that it was a person. So she sneakily walked off, making sure she didn't get caught. 

When she approached it, she saw no one, so she decided to look further but still no one. She turned a corner a hand reaching out and touching her shoulder, she jumped grabbing the arm. She looked up to see that it had been her mom who touched her. 

Blair's grip loosened, her arm falling as well as her face. 

Why was her mom here? 

"M-mom?" Blair spoke softly a slight crack in her voice. 

Her mom just pulled her into a hug, wrapping her hand around her head, giving it a light kiss.

Blair didn't react back to it, she just stood there in utter shock.

So many emotions begging to burst. 

Her mom let go, looking around her before looking at Blair. 

"what are you doing here?" her tone sounded harsh, but Blair was just confused. 

"I knew they'd assign you here sooner or later, oh my gosh, look at how strong you are," she put her hand to Blair's cheek caressing it. 

Her vision started to cloud as tears had started to surface her eyes, however, Blair had a straight blank face, she wasn't going to let her emotions get in the way. 

"You're in danger," her mom whispered. 

"what?" 

"I have to ask you something, you never got abnegation on your aptitude test, did you?" she asked. 

"what were your results?" her mom asked again. 

Blair just stood there speechless, she didn't know what to do or say, her mom hadn't spoken or showed her the slightest bit of affection for years, so why was she doing it now? 

It all felt weird and confusing, it was all a lot of hard work for Blair mentally. 

"Look, I know we haven't spoken in ages and I have been the world's shittest mom, but you have to trust me at least try," her mom begged with sad eyes. 

"i-i got divergent," Blair stuttered. 

"divergent," her mom sighed, it sounded like she sighed in relief, making Blair look up at her mother now. 

"look you can't tell anyone, your friends, your instructors, you can't trust anyone. People have always been so threatened of divergents. But now Erudite is looking for them everywhere. They're actively seeking them-" Blair cut her mom off. 

"But why!" 

"what am i?" She asked angrily, she was sick of being told the same thing, but not being given the answers as to why. 

"you don't perform, your mind works in a million different ways. They're scared of you. Stage two of training, is when you are most at risk they are gonna get inside your head and watch how you respond to fear, but you can pass, you can get through dauntless. I've seen it," her mom explains. 

"how do you know so much about this?" Blair's curiosity just increased.

"about dauntless?" she asked again. 

"never mind about me-" her mom tried. 

"wait wait-" Blair stuttered. 

"you know who you are," her mom finished. 

"But wait, you were dauntless?" Blair asked tilting her head slightly. 

"Hey!" a voice boomed. 

Blair turned around to see a tall male step out. 

"what are you doing?" he asked.

Blair turned her head expecting to see her mom, but to her surprise she wasn't there anymore. 

"trucks loaded, let's go," he said walking off. 

It had been a week since her mom spoke to her, what her mom said repeating in her head constantly. 

She was currently sat in a chair, waiting for her test, her leg bobbing up and down reeking with anxiety. 

The door opened, and out walked Molly who was shaking and mumbling things. 

"What did they do to her?" Lilith asked from beside Blair. 

Four walked out scanning his eyes down the line, picking the next person on the list. 

"Blair." 

Blair looked up, sighing before standing up and walking towards the small room. Before she entered, she looked back and looked at Lilith who gave her a tight smile. 

"Have a seat," Four spoke lightly, as Blair walked in closing the door behind her. 

Blair was sat on the chair, while Four was messing with the injection. 

"I'll inject you with the serum that stimulates a part of your brain that processes the serum," Four explained to her. 

Blair took her jacket off leaving her in her long sleeved black low neck top. She fiddled with her hand sighing lightly. 

She didn't want Four to see inside her head, to see how weak she was and how destroyed she was on the inside. 

She hated feeling vulnerable, she hated sharing how she felt, and now she had to show him all inside her head, it scared Blair more than anything. 

"It's a hallucination and it transmits inside the serum, which allows us to see inside your mind." 

She already knew this due to her mom telling her, but hearing it again from him made a shiver run down her spine. 

Four placed his hands on her shoulders, lightly pushing her back into the chair. She just looked up at him watching as he tucked her hair behind her ear exposing her neck. 

A sharp prick was delivered to the side of her neck as the needle went in, the liquid bursting through her neck. 

She just closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. 

He removed the needle, walking back over to the computer. 

"Your facing your worst fears Blair, most people tend to have ten to fifteen really bad ones," Four spoke making her open her eyes, watching as he looked down at her. 

"You have to calm yourself, slow your heart rate and your breathing. Deal with what's in front of you," he continued. 

Blair's breathing became heavier, meaning she about to drop asleep. 

"Be brave," was the last thing she heard before her eyes shut, darkness taking over her eyes. 

When Blair opened her eyes, she was on a cliff, it was pretty high and below her was the ocean, it shone a deep blue, the sound of waves clashing roughly against the rocks. 

"Blair!" the sound of Lilith's voice echoed throughout the air. 

She turned her head to see Peter and Lilith, they were holding hands.

Blair's face scrunched up in hurt and disgust. 

"What the hell Lilith, I thought we were friends," Blair squeaked. 

"Oh, this?" she laughed holding her and Peter's hands up in the air. 

"No, you were just...well just a sheep to me you see. You helped me get here, I used you to get here and you were so pathetic to believe that I was your friend. You don't have friends remember. Never have, never will," as Lilith said this an evil smirk spread across Peter's lips. 

Blair's heart continued to shatter, she felt a lump of stupidity build up in her throat. 

Peter and Lilith edged closer to Blair, both of them now wearing evil smirks. 

"I'm glad Peter beat you to a pulp, you deserved it, you know i actually feel sorry for you," she cackled. 

"why's that?" Blair asked quietly, sadness painting her voice. 

"Because you thought that you could be special and that YOU could make a difference in this world. Well let me tell you something Blair, think again. You are just another failure and disappointment, another waste of sperm," Lilith spat. 

Blair looked up at the pair with glossy eyes, they continued coming closer to her until Blair was at the edge of the cliff. 

"We could do with getting rid of the disappointments, and that's why you have go to go," Peter spoke this time. 

Before Blair could question what he meant she felt a strong foot kick her backwards, making her fall off the cliff, she span through the air, letting out a small pain-filled scream. 

Fear: Betrayal

With a satisfying plop, Blair's body hit the water.  

Her head burst up from the water, as she took deep breaths. 

The tide was heavy throwing her around, the large waves submerging her under the water. 

Her body was weak and heavy due to her clothes. 

She tried swimming but no luck the sea was fierce and brutal. 

Maybe she wasn't trying hard enough, because the previous event with Lilith got in her head too much, she couldn't control the emotions and thoughts that swarmed through her mind. 

Four was right, she was too distracted by her own emotions to actually save herself from dying. 

Blair took one last deep breath of oxygen, before letting the sea submerge her completely. 

Her natural body instincts kicked in making her flail and fight under water, but then a thought popped up in her mind that made her stop. 

It wasn't real, non of it was. 

Her body stopped, she continued to let her body sink further and further. 

Closing her eyes. 

Fear: Drowning

Blair awoke, gasping for air. She sat straight up, a hand on her shoulder reassuring her. 

She looked up to see Four with a bit of a worried expression on his face. 

Blair stood from the chair still panting, she ran a hand through her hair, trying to control her breathing and heart rate. 

A/N: Wow Blair, we know your deepest secrets now, well most of them anyway. I think this was a good chapter, as it gives a bit more of an insight on how Blair actually feels and what's going on in that mind of hers! Again, sorry I had to break it up. It would've been way too long if not, but updates are real fast. Enjoy! <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 177 40
A Divergent Fanfiction - Caty Johnson is sixteen, she will soon undergo her Aplitude test. But when her results turn out to be inconclusive, she need...
3.1K 73 36
17 year old Delilah became a member of dauntless last year. This new year, she is a leader. One of the initiates-an erudite transfer- has an inkling...
62K 1.3K 21
The five factions. Amity, the peaceful. Erudite, the intelligent. Candor, the honest. Abnegation, the selfless. Dauntless, the brave. Cecelia Parker...
72.5K 1.2K 89
I know Divergent no-war stories have been done countless times, but they can never get old. In this fanfic, we will follow the lives of new Dauntless...