The Rising of the Red Dragon...

By Setyourheartablaze16

When Issei Hyoudou comes home to find his mother with a gun pointed to her head, he is forced to make a choic... More

Chapter 2: Dungeonering
Chapter 3: Meeting with the Red Dragon
Chapter 4: And so it begins
Chapter 5: Encounter with the fallen
Chapter 6: Second to last
Chapter 7: New Allies
Chapter 8: Gremory vs The Mysterious Man
Chapter 9: The Black Princess
Chapter 10: A Date with a Fallen
Chapter 11: Punishments
Chapter 12: First Wave Strikes
Chapter 13: Holy Maiden
Chapter 14: Parental Guidance
Chapter 15: Relishing in being a cockblock
Chapter 16: Just looking out for my future wife!
Current Characters
Chapter 17: Saving Asia
Chapter 18: I am the Holy Knight, Freed Selzen!
Chapter 19: Back to school
Chapter 20: Familiar Forest
Chapter 21: Rimuru Tempest
Chapter 22: Riser Phenex
Chapter 23: The Training Begins!
Chapter 24: Expectations of a King
Chapter 25: The Training Continues
Chapter 26: Let The Game Begin!
Chapter 27: First Blood Called! A battle of Rooks
Chapter 28: I Will Avenge You!
Chapter 29: The Wrath of Thunder!
Chapter 30: An Unexpected Opponent!
Chapter 31: The Winner Is...
Chapter 32: I Was Referring To My Servant...
Chapter 33: I choose you
Chapter 34: The Only Way Out
Chapter 35: Two Birds Before A Dragon
Chapter 36: The Embodiment Of Power (End of S1)

Chapter 1: Awakening

18.9K 175 158
By Setyourheartablaze16

'Yo!'- Thoughts

"Hell no!"- Regular speach

[Boost!]- Sacred gear/ Ddraig speech

~♡~

'Hey! I'm Issei Hyoudou. There's not that much you need to know about me. I'm seventeen, five foot two and a student at Kuõh Academy. Average built, average family, living in an average house. I know, right? Boring!' Issei could be seen walking down the street, dressed in his school uniform as he made his way to school.

Entering, he greeted two other students his age. One, with a slim figure, wearing glasses with short cut black hair and the other being bald but well built.' These are my two buddies. Matsuda and Motohama. We've been friends ever since we entered school...' The trio proceeded with their day. Up until the first break.

'We played together...' The three made their way to the back of one of the school's club buildings.' We fought together...' Matsuda and Motohama made their way to the back of the building first, looking down at a whole that was in the oak that formed the structure of the entire building, the two proceeded to lean in and look through.' And as sure as Hell, when puberty showed up...' The two looked through to see a few girls changing out of and into other cloths.'..we peeped together.' Issei tried squeezing in between the two, trying to get a look himself, to no avail.' Sometimes.'

Though, because of their scuttling, the females in side were alerted to their presence. And soon came out to investigate. Matsuda and Motohama instantly sprinted, bumping into Issei and making him fall over. Issei dusted himself of and stood up, only to turn and be faced by a horde of kendo girls with their kendo sticks pointed at him.

He began to chuckle nervously as he held the back of his head.'Traitors.' " Oh hey there, Murayama, Katase. How's it been?" He asked as he began to look for any exits. Only to find none. Murayama gave of a dark smirk." I think my day just got a whole lot better..." Issei gulped at that as kendo sticks began to rain down on him and his screams flew to the heavens.

《》

Exiting the school gates, he waved at his two friends as he began to make his way back home.' And that's basically my life in a nutshell. Pretty simple. Pretty basic. Just my kind of life.'

He made his way back home and entered the house...only to find a gun pointed to his head.His eyes widened and his heart rate spiked as he saw his mother in a similar position. Tears running down her face as he could clearly see the terror on her face.' And then everything went to Hell...'

The man moved his finger to his lips, motioning for Issei to remain quite before closing the door behind him. Being pointed at the couch Issei went and sat down next to his mother." What do you guys want?" He asked as he dropped his backpack next to him.

Another man emerged from the kitchen, dressed in a similar fashion as the two gun pointers, in a business suit, with a cup of tee in hand. He sat down in front of them and began to drink his tee." We merely want you to make a call to your father and tell him to cancel his current business transaction. He has something we want and we don't want him selling it to anyone. It's that simple." He stated as one of the other two men passed the telephone over to Issei, who passed it to his mother and nodded at her.

As she dialed the number, Issei looked over the men who were looming over them. 'The way they are dressed, the posture and their eyes...' He thought as he gazed into their dull eyes.'...I've seen those eyes before...the eyes of assassins.' He thought as memories came back to him from the time he had participated in the police's self defence training program for the youth.

They had been taught how to assess their opponent or treat and weather or not to run or fight merely by looking at them.' And we definitely need to get out of here. They'll probably try to kill us after mom has finished talking to dad.' He thought as he turned to look at his mother. He could hear his father's panic on the other side of the line.

Soon enough, she passed the phone over to the main man who in turn nodded once he heard mister Hyoudou's voice. Placing the phone down, he turned to the mother and son as he placed the cup on the table and stood up." Well then, I guess this is goodbye then." He stated as he and his men made their way to the door.

Issei on the other hand, remained tensed. He knew it couldn't be that easy.' Could it?' He wondered as he continued to stare at the empty door for a full minute.'..Maybe it coul..' His thoughts stopped dead in their tracks when something flew through the window, braking it, and landing a few feat away from them. His eyes widened when he saw what it was.' A bomb!!?'

His heart rate spiked to the max when he realized it was. Even more so when he realized they were in point blank range. Dodging this would be impossible! 

Just as he turned to grab his mother and push her over the couch, time seemingly began to slow down as the surrounding area turned blue.

[World pause has been initiated!]
[Commencing System Start up!]

He read as the words suddenly appeared before him." What the hell?" He couldn't help but ask. He looked around to see the entire area covered in a blue light. He turned to his mother to see her frozen in place, gazing at the grenade. He turned his attention back to the screen that had appeared before him.

[Loading...60%]
[Loading...70%]
[Loading...80%]
[Loading...90%]
[Loading...100%]
[System Load Completed!]
[Initiating Sacred Gear!]

And just like that, a blinding green light appeared from his right arm, blinding him in the process. He opened his eyes once the light faded and could only gawk at the shield that now rested upon his arm.

A silver shield in a pentagon shape, with a green jewel in the center. He looked at it before shaking his head." Okay, what the f**k is going on!!?" A screen appeared shortly after his outburst.

[Congradulations! You've awakened The Cardinal Shield! The Hero's Sacred Gear!]

[Do you wish to initiate Player scan?]

[Y/N]

He shrugged and pressed the Y, believing it to be 'Yes'.' This is all good and all, but what the Hell is a sacred gear?' He thought. And as if reading his thoughts another screen appeared, titled 'Help!'.

'Sacred Gears, also known as Holy Cogs are tools created by The God of the Bible, bearing mystical powers and abilities. These sacred treasures are bestowed upon humans to help them combat the supernatural forces on Earth. Granting their wielders powers and abilities beyond their comprehension. There are many sacred gears, the total number of which is only known by their creator. Receiving one is rare, and more often than not, the wielder might go their entire lives without knowing they possess the power. There are many types of sacred gears, ranging from the basic [Twice critical] to the more powerful [Thirteen Longinus] class sacred gears. Sacred Gears respond to the will of their wielders and will evolve or awaken new abilities accordingly, when there is a change in the wielders will. In addition, when the wielder is faced with a life threatening situation, the sacred treasure will release a great deal of power to aid the wielder, so long as the bearer possesses the will to continue on living or a conviction that does not fear death. Once a Sacred Gear bearer dies, the Sacred treasure will be passed onto another. In addition, should a bearer's Sacred treasure be removed, the bearer will die.'

He finished reading just as another screen appeared, making it known that the scan has been completed. He shook his head.' So I have a sacred gear? This shield?' He thought as he gazed down at the shield.' Well, if it will help me protect my mom then I'm okay with whatever the Hell happens next.' He gazed at the screen before him and his eyes widened.

[Scan completed!]
[Uploading Status!]

Name: Issei Hyoudou

Title: [Breast fiend]

Level: 8| Next level: 550 Exp

Class: Low Class|Human

Stats:

HP: 278/278

MP: 260/260

STR: 22

STA: 20

DEX: 20

INT: 26

WIS: 20

Attribute points: 0

[Scan has located a second Sacred Gear!]

[Do you wish to Awaken it?]

[Y/N]

Issei looked dumbfounded at this but nodded before hitting the icon. In another flash of green light, a maroon gauntlet with a green jewel at its center appeared on his left hand.

[Congratulations! You've awakened  the [Boosted Gear] [Twice critical] form]

[Do to you Awakening the [Boosted Gear] you gain the [Boost] ability!]

Issei didn't bother thinking anymore. He could tell, that from the way the gear showcased its abilities, and from the 'Player 4: Shield Hero' icon floating above his head, that this was like some kind of video game.

[You are correct! +1 INT for making that deduction!]

[{The Cardinal Sacred Gears} of which there are four, posses the ability to turn their bearer into a walking video game character. Marking them as {The Four Cardinal Heroes}. As the bearer of the {Cardinal Shield} you bear the title of {Shield Hero}.]

[Warning! 5 minutes almost up! World pause will stop in 20 seconds!]

Issei instantly let the newly gained information pass to the back of his head as he looked at his shield. "If this is like a game, then pull up the gamer guide and show me how to use this thing!" And just like that, a new window appeared. Titled 'Help' before swiftly scrolling to another section marked 'Gamer's Guide' and giving Issei the needed information.

He looked at the timer that had appeared in the corner of his vision, sneering when he saw there were five seconds left.

He turned to his still frozen mother, flipping her and the couch over before turning, pulling his hands together with his shield held out before him.

[Boost!] His red gauntlet roared before he felt power flowing through him. Just as everything resumed, the bomb exploded, destroying the surrounding area, setting the room on fire and generating a shock waved that rushed everything before Issei at him.

A barrier appeared before Issei as his shield's gem began to glow. Though, despite having an impenetrable barrier before you, it did not help much if you, the shield's footing and foundation, wasn't strong enough to hold your ground against the force pushing against the barrier and thus, Issei was sent flying into the wall behind him. Though continued to hold the barrier up around the couch.

Just as quickly as it appeared, the force of the explosion dissipated and Issei fell forward as he felt his power leave him. Luckily, the Sacred gears deactivated as he fell to his knees. Just in time to avoid his mother from seeing them.

She widened her eyes as she lifted up her head to see her son on his knees. Not even looking  around at the devastation caused by the bomb, she ran to her son, who was panting from the loss of strength.

"Issei...!!" Was the last words he heard before he collapsed and unconsciousness took over.

《》

Opening his eyes do to the light which came from his window, he gazed around to find himself in his bed.

' What the? How did I....Oh!!' He thought as the memories of the previous day struck him.' How long was I out?' He thought as he tried to get up, only to be knocked back down by a searing headache. He held his head, hoping to alleviate some of the pain. He rose an eyebrow when he felt the bandage wrapped around his head. He sighed.' Of course I didn't get out of that unscaved.' He got up slowly and went downstairs, heading straight for the kitchen as he believed his mother would be there. And he wasn't disappointed.

He found his mother whipping up some breakfast. Though what surprised him, was the words floating above her head.

'Hana Hyoudou|LV16'

He somewhat gaped at that.' What did I expect? She ís older than me.' His gaping mouth soon turned to a smile." Hey mom." He spoke. The mere sound of his voice made her froze in place before she turned to look at him.

Issei's smile only got bigger when she ran at him and enveloped him in a hug. He proceeded to do the same." You can relax mom. I'm fine." He stated. Though his mother did not let him go.

"You could have gotten really hurt...you could've died!" She exclaimed. He continued smiling as he patted her on the head." But I'm not. And I'm still here. So how about we calm down and sit. Cause I got a massive headache right now." He stated. She nodded before letting go.

"Go on. Sit, I'll have breakfast ready in a sec." She smiled and went back to what she was doing. He sent down at the table and looked back at her." How long was I out?" He asked." A day. They said it was a miracle that you even got away with that wound on your head, much less the fact that you were untouched by the explosion itself. I had called the paramedics and firemen shortly after you passed out. Though I wonder..." she spoke as handed him a plate of baken, eggs, sausages and bread.

She sat down next to him as he began to eat." What happened? The one moment the bomb fell through the window, then I was behind the couch and the bomb went off. Furthermore, you weren't there with me." She stated. He almost chocked on his food at her question.

Swallowing his food, he turned to her." The police self defence program thought us how to identify people as threats and foes. And whether or not they wished you arm. I looked them over while you were talking to dad..." he spoke as he took another bite of his food."... They were assassins. Plane and simple." Her eyes grew wide at this.

"They were to well dressed. Those suits had to be at least twenty thousand. Their posture was full of discipline. The kind you'd see from a military soldier. And there eyes were dull. Emotionless. Like we were just another assignment and nothing more. Then their is the fact that we saw their faces so there was very little chance that they would let us be considering that we could just report them to the police.

Basically, I knew that at best, they'd let us go with a few bruises. And at worst...well, lets just say that thát was why I didn't drop my guard even after they left. I flipped the couch over when the I noticed the grenade or bomb. Whatever that was. Before using the table to shield the couch and you from it. Though the shock wave was strong and threw me against the wall." He stated as he felt his head, which was still aching.' And damn did it hurt!'

His mother smiled at hearing his words." My little boy is so heroic. Remind me again how you have trouble getting a girlfriend?" She teased. He shook his head at that." Blame puberty." Was his response. She giggled before getting up, putting her apron on the kitchen table and heading for the door.

"Well, I have to go to the store. Go back to your room and rest. You've been booked off from school for an entire week. So get back to bed and get your rest in. I'll be back in a few hours." She stated.

He smiled." Stay safe." He stated as she closed the door. Making sure she was out of range he turned to his right arm." {Sacred gear on!}" He commanded and in a flash of green light, his shield appeared. He smiled." Now, lets see exactly how much information you can give me. Access {Gamer's Guide!}."

《》

Feeling a presence appear behind her, a crimson haired girl sighed as she turned to address the person." Did it go well?" She asked as she looked at the young, white haired girl who nodded at her." It did. He awakened the Sacred gear. Though which one I am not sure. Though it is highly skilled at hiding his presence. If not for the flow of magic that surrounded him, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell. But was it really a good idea to have his house be blown up?" The girl asked in a somewhat monotone voice.

The red head's eyes widened for a moment." They blew up his house!? I told Akeno to only have them threaten his life! Nót to blow up his house! I'll have a talk with her when she returns. You may leave." She stated before turning back to the window as the white haired girl bowed." Yes. President Rias." She stated before leaving.

Rias smiled as she looked at the setting sun." Even though it did not go as I expected. It still ended in my favour. Soon you'll be mine. Issei Hyoudou."

------------------------------------------------------
Next time: Dungeonering

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.7K 995 12
Issei Hyoudou, or just Issei was an exorcist that had no memory of his past. He was one of the strongest exorcist of all time, due to possessing many...
14.4K 434 5
What does happen, when you are abandoned by your only helping hand? It would break anyone right. It does, for an unfortunate individual. That went b...
11.5K 119 51
This is a story of issei having a student and passing the gear to him in his last moments while promising to love the others like he did or even more...
29.8K 592 13
Issei Hyoudou, a young man who holds the title of the Red Dragon Emperor, realizes that he has been used as a tool to free Rias from her arranged mar...