She's His Everything (He's My...

By IDrawOnMyself

The weight on Tori's shoulders has been lifted! She is now free to focus on college life and her sexy bodygu... More

Description and Author's note! :D
(1) Green-Eyed Monster
(2) Sabotage
(3) Running Out
(4) Wrong
(5) Country Club Drama
(6) Party Crasher
(7) Dreamless
(8) Anticipation
(9) Self Defense
(10) The Talk
(11) New Introductions
(12) Christmas at the Linehans
(13) What the Future Holds
(14) Moving Day
(15) New Years Day
(16) Twisting the Knife
(17) She's Not Sweet
(18) Drunk in Love
(19) The Morning After
(20) Let's Talk
(21) Old Times Sake
(22) The Assignment
(23) Packed Bags
(24) Eavesdropping
(25) The Call for Help
(26) The Plan She Devised
(27) Liability
(28) Returning Misunderstanding
(29) Stab and Twist
(30) Bullet Wounds
(31) Jump
(32) The Betrayed
(33) Phone Call
(34) Peaceful
(35) A Visitor
(37) Coffee Shop Getaway

(36) Cliffside

540 17 5
By IDrawOnMyself

Hours of staring at the ceiling later I had dozed off in the dim florescent lighting. Waking when I felt someone's presence. I screamed seeing it was Riley hovering over me with a grin on his face. "Hey there sleeping beauty you alive?" I cowered in the corner of the bed on the mattress my baggy t-shirt riding up when I held myself in my arms. "Listen," He swallowed, "I really wish things didn't have to be this way. I'm sure you understand right?" I watched him uneasily waiting for him to strike. "You see, I have this thing that I've been looking for and I just can't seem to find it anywhere." He grinned shallowly, "Think you might know where it is Tor?" I didn't answer not so sure he was talking about the money now.

"What are you talking about Riley?" I whispered my voice was barely working, but I made sure to say who was in the room with me for the police who were hopefully listening. He looked totally strung out, "The money. I know you have that money or at least know who does." I shook my head slowly, "Listen Riley, I don't have that money. I only have what I inherited, if you want that I can arrange for it. Please just let me go." I pleaded hoping he wouldn't lash out. He laughed hysterically and way longer than necessary, "Tori, do you know what happens when you steal money from powerful people?" He leaned closer slowly, "I didn't," I shook my head, "They didn't." He kept inching closer shushing me, "If only I believed that." He stroked a strand of my hair leaning his greasy forehead against mine. "Riley, I think Ramona took the money..." My voice was so low I wasn't sure he'd heard me. I immediately regretted outing her unsure of what it would mean.

"Ramona?" His eyes narrowed and he pulled his head back a bit to think looking caught off guard by my revelation. "Let's go talk to my father, I think he'll be interested to hear this." He grabbed my arm and I yelped when his fingers dug into my muscle painfully. "Where are we Riley?" I pushed hoping maybe I could help them find me better. GPS was only so helpful. He jerked me forward into the hall with bare feet not answering me. The floor was concrete that bit into my skin, "I really need to use the bathroom." I told him feeling the pain in my bladder knowing I really would wet myself if I didn't go. I also needed a minute to tell them I needed the fuck out. I was done, I was too scared.

"Are you serious?" He hissed dragging me to a small dingy bathroom that only had a toilet and a sink. "Hurry." He cracked the door but stepped out. I peed quickly feeling embarrassed that I didn't know who was hearing me. I fiddled with the dog tag pulling it partially out once I'd finished, "Get me out of here I can't." I whispered. "What?" Riley asked and I quickly shoved the dog tag back in my pocket and flushed. "I said I'm done." I lied and he opened the door jerking me forward. "Let's go." He was seemingly cracking under the pressure something about him was off now. He seemed unhinged, but also too afraid to do anything about it.

A few men lined the winding hall and lower basement that led to a clearing where there were six girls behind fencing in lingerie. They appeared to be packaging drugs in masks and gloves. Riley pulled me along by my sleeve almost as if to motion I mind my own business. I noticed the men guarding the girls were all heavily armed with large guns. He led me passed the girls and up a narrow staircase that opened up into a large dark building with pool tables and more scary men with guns who sneered at me curiously. "Riley please, let me go." He scoffed not responding jerking me along to the back of the bar area. He took me behind the counter and into an office with a couch. "Sit." He told me, "They're getting Ramona." I worried the police had maybe found her first and this wouldn't work out. "They already have Ramona." A deep voice corrected from behind a large expensive wooden desk. My throat closed seeing who I assumed was Riley's father. "Tori, you are a difficult girl to get ahold of." He was smoking a cigarette, sipping on a strong drink, and looked exactly how I expected him to. He wore an expensive suit and jewelry, his hair was greased perfectly on top of his head, and he looked very put together.

"Has Riley used his manners? I fucking told him if anyone hurt one hair on your god damn head before I talked to you they would suffer an ill fate. I won't have any repeats of last time." He flicked is cigarette in the mid air not caring that the ash scattered to the polished floor. I wondered how many times a day someone came in to clear the ashes away. "I'm fine." I told him calmly tucking some hair behind my ear.

"Good. Riley told me moments ago through text Ramona would be of use to me? Let's chat when she gets here yeah? My men already have her in their car and are headed here with her. You don't mind waiting do you?" I shook my head stiffly, afraid to offend him. "Oh great. How about a game of pool?" He offered and I didn't move, "She is quite good at pool." Riley smiled and I remembered back to when I played at that college party with him. Maverick's hollow eyes closed in on me with amusement. "Is that so?" Riley nodded and I just watched him cautiously waiting for things to go awry. Suddenly he stood in front of me extending one hand out for me to take.

His sun spotted skin was quite tan and he wore many rings. "Come." I took his soft hand skittishly knowing he was dangerous. "Get Jackson." He ordered someone by the door and I walked with him to a pool table in the corner that was lined with royal purple crushed velvet with a big white G embroidered in the center in a dramatic script. He dropped my hand slowly to my side lingering in front of me purposely trying to intimidate me as if he wasn't already. He side stepped me tracing his fingers over the pool sticks choosing one with a golden handle. He turned my chin up with the end of it looking at my face. "What a shame, you're such a beautiful girl, that scar is quite an eye sore." I shied away annoyed people were always pointing it out. I was growing more and more self conscious of it. He licked his lips lowering his cue, opening his mouth to say something then closing it smiling brightly seeing someone over my head. I whipped around there was Jackson with Ramona's arm gripped in his hand.

"What's this about Mav? Tell him to let me go." She must know him well to be speaking to him like that. Jackson's eyes briefly glanced me up and down as if he was making sure I was not injured. Maverick stepped up to the pool table racking the balls then took his time chalking the end of his stick. "Go ahead pick a cue Tori." He ignored her questions and she didn't speak as if she knew to be silent. I hesitated, "Go on." He insisted leaning into the table watching me. I grabbed the closest stick wondering if I'd single handedly be able to bust out of here with only a pool stick for a weapon. I knew that was a ridiculous thought, they had guns.

He tossed me the blue chalk and I briefly rubbed the end of the cue before placing it on the edge of the pool stick rack. "You know your father was the only person who could ever beat me in pool." He winked hitting the white ball smashing it into the triangle of balls pocketing three stripes. He came behind me with his mouth at my ear, "Your turn." I felt the cue shaking in my hands. "Let's make this interesting." He decided taking a step toward Ramona and Jackson.

"Tori here tells me you, just might know what happened to my money." He pointed the stick in Ramona's fearful face and she looked at me in horror. I immediately knew she was guilty as did Maverick. An increasing feeling of empathy washed over me and I couldn't believe I'd ratted her out. "Tori are you going to play?" He more demanded than asked. I lined up hitting the white ball into a solid managing to knock it in. "At a girl." He smiled with his perfect teeth.

I stepped around the table to continue while he kept glaring at Ramona. "If she makes this shot you get to keep your right hand." My heart skipped and I faltered unsure I heard him correctly. "Maverick please." Ramona pleaded, "You know I'd never...." He shook his head bringing a finger to his lips redirecting the attention to me.

"Go on Tori, should Ramona keep her right hand?" My own hands shook feverishly knowing if I didn't make this shot I would be responsible for his sadistic game. I shot my best shot barely hitting the solid red 7 ball into the far left pocket. "Look at that it's your lucky day Ramona." He clapped his hands feigning celebration. She was pale and barely present.

"This is going to be a long game Ramona, you better hope she's better at pool than you are at being a lying conniving thief." His words were venom and he glared at me and I quickly got back to work lining up my next move. "She learns quick." He smiled darkly, "This is for your left hand." He told her watching me shoot and miss." I squeezed my eyes closed tightly my heart raced in my chest. "Pity." He stated blandly motioning to one of his men who grabbed her and restrained her to a chair while she screamed and fought.

"Please!" She cried, "Maverick please! I woul-" He cut her off back handing her and I winced knowing that hurt. "Stop fucking lying." His voice was deadly and she slumped forward struggling to remain conscious. Jackson had resided a few feet away looking as nervous as me. "I-I." She stammered, "I had every intention of paying it back. I didn't mean for all this to happen." She finally told him and he ran a frustrated hand over his face and around the back of his neck.

"Do you know what happens when you short ME? Do you know the shit I've been in with the cartel since that 5 mill went missing?! I'm lucky to be here and others weren't so lucky. Two people are dead. This girls parents, I'm sure she doesn't take this so lightly." He pointed to me and Ramona's guilty eyes looked into mine and as angry with her as I was I still felt bad for outing her. I had no idea why she did what she did and if I was honest I'm just glad it wasn't me in the chair this time. "Now where were we?" He inquired rhetorically. "Right your left hand." He nodded to his men again and one pulled out a very large hunting knife. I cringed feeling sick urging myself not to vomit on his table knowing it wouldn't be in my best interest.

"No!" She jerked in the chair trying to free herself but it was no use and the man brutally cut into her left hand. I felt faint and tried to look away but Maverick grabbed my chin and forced me to watch, "Don't worry Tori, we'll exact your revenge. You don't want to miss this." His breath was once again at my ear and he kept me firmly in place watching the blood pour from her arm where her hand use to be. The severed hand twitched on the floor by her feet while she screamed groaned in agony barely conscious and I wondered how long she could survive losing that much blood.

Where the fuck was my rescue team? Maverick let me go pushing me into the table roughly. I whimpered away from him bracing myself against the pool table feeling sick to my stomach. "What's the matter Tori?" He cooed, "Aren't you enjoying our game? I know I am." He taunted taking his turn pocketing two balls and missing the third leaving him two balls and the eight ball. "You see my issues aren't with you personally Tori but there is the matter that we still don't know where what's left of the money is. Until that bitch talks." He pointed at Ramona who was still thriving in pain totally unable to even converse at this point. "No, no." She whined in so much pain she couldn't make sense even if she wanted to.

"Play." He ordered and I did scoring in three balls somehow and he looked pleased. "Good girl." He seemed to appreciate my obedience. He stepped in the growing puddle of blood in front of Ramona and lifted her chin, "Where's my fucking money?" Ramona whimpered, "I-I-" she stammered and he back handed her again. "Useless." He disapproved pocketing one of his balls and one of mine went in with it. "Tori this one determines if she keeps her fucking eyes." Ramona cried loudly and I felt so sick I might actually throw up. The blood pooled more and more and I tried not to get it on my bare feet.

My hands trembled harder as I aimed overshooting and missing. I cursed my mouth got dry knowing I'd sealed her fate once again. "You know... I'm not so sure that wasn't on purpose." He winked knowing he was getting to me mentally. "Do you want to do the honors?" He asked and I shook my head blinking quickly tears dripping down my cheeks. "Come on Tori." He pulled out a smaller knife tracing my scar with the cold metal making me cower. "No." I shook my head my voice barely a whisper. "You don't want revenge on this woman? She killed your parents! Ruined your life." I shook my head stiffly unable to look at her instead looked briefly at Jackson who's eyes were hard and already looking at me. I studied him hoping it would bring some kind of ease but it only reminded me of his mom in Ramona's position.

"Interesting." He looked me up and down, and I couldn't help but retort. "Interesting that I don't want to hurt a woman who escalated a situation my parents got us in to?" I immediately regretted my choice of words when he looked down at me almost proudly. "Now you're getting it." He handed the knife to one of his men who got to work carving her face I closed my eyes, my breath hitched when I felt Maverick press against me. "I want my money and intend to get it. Whether it's from her." He jerked his head toward her, "Or you." He smirked. "I don't have your money." I told him starting to get frantic. He shushed me running his thumb on my bottom lip.

"I'm sure we can arrange something to earn it back." I didn't know what that meant, "Men would pay a pretty penny for a pretty little girl like you. So clean." He sniffed my hair, "So pristine, aside from that hideous fucking scar of course." His eyes leered at it and I didn't know how he could speak so calmly while Ramona was being tortured and screaming violently six feet away. "I'm not finished with our game yet." He wagged his eyebrows at me. "Jackson come." Maverick beckoned him like a dog. Jackson was a wreck and I knew he was on his last leg. I wondered how long they'd kept him awake, his eyes were dark and hollow.

"You're well aquatinted yes?" He asked me while gripping Jackson's stiff shoulder. I nodded looking into Jackson's dead eyes that were once so full of life. "How do you feel of his betrayal Tori?" I felt nervous knowing where this was going. "Please." I shook my head, "He shouldn't be involved." Maverick smirked caressing my cheek wiping away the singular tear that fell. "If only it were that simple. Jackson was a vital piece in getting you here, now it's up to you what happens next." I felt angry now sick of playing games, "You win this game, I'll let him live and I'll leave his family alone. You lose he dies, and you're my new Ramona. You'll run the country club, clean the drug money, and answer to me when I call." I knew either way I wouldn't be free to leave. "Deal." I decided knowing surely this was enough to incriminate him. Jackson looked horrified that I'd settled so easily.

He clapped his hands together happily, "Now, what to do with the old Ramona." She was convulsing handless, eyeless, and bleeding out. "Tsk, tsk, tsk... I still need my fucking money." His voice was gravely low and angry. "Where is it?" He asked lowly, she shook her head. "I don't have it..." She whispered and then he shot her on the spot square in the head. Jackson and I both jumped with surprise. Jackson's hand shot out and gripped my wrist dropping it just as quickly. "Alright Tori." Maverick turned to me with a wild look in his eye. "Let's finish this up." I paused briefly, "What happens to me if I win?" I had to know what the entire rule entailed.

"You already know." I'd still be his new Ramona and whatever else he had in mind for earning the money back he owed the cartel. He needed someone trust worthy and I was the only person in this deep that he knew wouldn't ever betray him again. He knew I wouldn't steal from him, and at the end of the day all he cared about was his money. "You'll repay what's owed to me." I nodded too afraid to say anything else. I did the only thing I could do; stall by playing pool. I calculated every move slowly and precisely managing to knock each of my striped balls in having a close call with the 8 ball. Finally I was down to just the 8 ball, and I could not afford to mess this up.

The shot was easy, and yet somehow my aim had faltered just enough to miss the final ball. I felt panic rise in me knowing now Maverick could easily take the win. He patted Jackson roughly on the back and I stared at him apologetically. He shook his head at me trying to tell me not to feel guilty, and he knew I did my best. Maverick quickly knocked in his last ball and just as he was lining up with the 8 ball one of his men ran to us in a panic.

"SWAT team setting up Mav, we gotta get the fuck out of here." I felt a sense of relief, but also panic when his deadly eyes glared at me. "How?" He stalked toward me with purpose grabbing a handful of my shirt and feeling me over for wires. He dug through the pockets of the cheaply made sweats and found the dog tag. "You little." He threw me to the floor and Ramona's blood seeped through my clothes. "You're gonna wish you'd never crossed me Tori." He spoke through his teeth picking up his gun first aiming it at me. "NO!" Jackson screamed and I closed my eyes waiting but when the gun fired it wasn't me who was shot. I opened my eyes in horror seeing he'd blasted Jackson straight in the chest.

I crawled across the bloody mess gathering his lifeless head in my arms screaming and sobbing. "No, no." I cried, "Jack?" My voice was raspy and hardly working, "Please God, no!" I cried harder when he was unresponsive. "You fucking monster!" I yelled at him cradling Jackson like I could save him somehow. I stood up feeling a surge of anger that made me feel as though I could kill.  Leaving Jackson in a heap on the ground I stalked toward Maverick with purpose. He smiled at me evilly obviously amused that I'd thought I even had a chance against him.

Commotion ensued around us distracting me and Maverick quickly snatched me up pressing the gun to my temple as a last ditch hostage situation. "Come on princess, we still have work to do." He told me dragging me through a kitchen that led to another corridor. I heard loud guns and police sirens. I dug my heels into the floor my bare feet didn't stand a chance in holding me still. He held me tightly and pulled me deeper into the building through some back rooms down a couple flights of stairs and into a massive garage. If he got me in one of these cars I knew I didn't stand a chance of getting away.

Riley met us in the large garage and Maverick handed me off to him, "Put her in that one." He pointed to a big black SUV behind me. A couple more of his men entered the open area and started loading money, guns, and suspicious substances into the back of the four SUVs they kept in here. Riley did as his dad told him shoving me into the back seat of one of the SUVs. Once I was locked in they got to work securing the garage and planning the escape. There was no handle on the door and there were bars between the front and back seat like a police vehicle. There was no way for me to escape, I kicked the window but it didn't even fracture the glass. "DAMNIT!" I yelled ripping my hair angrily.  If I didn't think of something quick I would be taken, or killed too. I whipped my head around looking around the back seat and the hatch area for something I could use to escape. There was nothing. I climbed over the seat into the trunk area confirming the hatch was locked and wouldn't open, the button to open it was in the front behind the metal cage. I was trapped. I looked out the windows hoping to see police, but only saw the men loading up the girls.

Maverick and Riley were running at the vehicle now full speed. "Shit, shit." I was totally helpless. They got in both armed and ready for war. The second the garage door opened all four SUVs floored it immediately being swarmed by SWAT vehicles and chased down the long dirt road. I watched out the windows as one by one his men's vehicles were barricaded and they were arrested. Maverick's eyes met mine briefly in the rearview mirror, "I'm not going to prison." He told me absolutely serious. "Dad." Riley's voice rose an octave, "Maybe we should turn down that-" Maverick socked him in the jaw, "Shut your god damn mouth for once and sit back. We are going out honorably, there's no escaping this now. He down shifted and sped faster into the forest somehow narrowly missing the large trees and suddenly there was a clearing with a cliff.

"DAD!" Riley shouted and I started praying somehow I'd be saved. Just before we reached the cliff the tires were shot out and the SUV teetered over the edge. I screamed deafeningly and began trying to shift my weight toward the back to keep us on the cliffside. Maverick rocked in his seat while Riley and I shouted wildly for him to stop. I could see the desert below and knew I was dying here. I tried the back hatch and I cried when I found it locked. "Riley, please open the door." I pleaded with him knowing all he had to do was unlock the door and I would live. "PLEASE." I begged him my voice hoarse from screaming. He swallowed looking between me and his father who was busy loading a gun. The SUV tilted upward teetering over the edge, "RILEY PLEASE!" I shouted and by some grace I heard the click of the unlock button and I got the back hatch opened. The second I jumped out a gun went off and the SUV tumbled over the cliffside.

I sat there completely stunned watching it spiral and flip and crumble into a million pieces. My body started convulsing and I knew how close I'd come to going over with them. A few moments later a hand rested on my back and I jerked away afraid it was somehow another bad guy coming to toss me over and finish off the job. "Tori." It was Beck crouching beside me, "You did well, come now, let's get you to the medical team. Are you hurt? Is this your blood?" I shook my head, "It's not mine." I whispered unable to even move frozen with shock. Beck wrapped his arm around my waist helping me to my unsteady feet. I leaned into him walking mindlessly back through the woods shaking uncontrollably the sunset behind us.

Through the darkening woods I saw the lights of paramedics and police cars taping off the area and up the road I could see more police cars and teams of men closer to the building busy with the raid. "You did it Tori. You can rest now." Beck told me squeezing my arm handing me off to the paramedics. They wrapped me in a blanket and I sat on the back of the ambulance while they tended to my raw dirty feet. I shivered staring into the forest paranoid that somehow Maverick and Riley had survived the fall and would come for me.

I heard a noisy vehicle whip up and sling rocks, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the forest. "Tori?!" A voice called to me but I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed aside from my chattering teeth. "She's in shock." The paramedic explained to the voice shining his flashlight into my eyes, "I've been talking to her this whole time but she is unresponsive." Had he really been talking to me? A hand appeared on my arm and I glared at it feeling extremely unsafe, "Tori?" My eyes wouldn't tear away from the hand on my arm and I remembered the way Ramona's hand had flopped to the floor. I cringed away feeling my fight or flight kick in.

I ripped my arm from this person lashing out suddenly needing to get away. There were several pairs of hands on me now restraining me, "NO PLEASE!" I shouted sobbing trying to get away from them.

"Tori, it's me, it's Rayner look at me." He struggled to jump up in the ambulance with his injured leg. Once he'd got in he held my head and shoulders still while two others restrained my arms and legs so I didn't hurt anyone or myself. "Look at me." I finally did look up into his eyes and relaxed taking a deep breath throwing myself into his arms. I clung to him like a wet cat and he held me tightly shushing me in my ear. "It's all okay now. You're okay now. You're safe, it's over." He assured me rocking me in his arms like a child. "Should we sedate her?" I shook my head violently starting to pull away, Rayner crushed me back into him. "No, no she's okay. Just give her a minute." He insisted and the paramedics gave us some space.

He continued to rock me and smooth my dirty hair much like he had many times before. "Beck never should of had you do that." Rayner said in my ear, "I'm so sorry." He whispered over and over in my ear. "We gotta move this vehicle." One of the paramedics told him and I felt him nod and shift his weight so he was still holding me upright but could see me now. "Are you alright?" The medical team packed up and closed us in the back of the ambulance and I felt us driving now. I wondered if Jackson was dead, but I couldn't bring myself to ask. All I could do right now was cling to Rayner sleepily feeling completely exhausted. The worst part was it was over and yet I wasn't sure I would ever be the person I was before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156 26 17
It was vacation time in "Waterhills Police Academy". Some students of criminology department decided to stay rather than to go home for the vacation...
990 37 34
[NOTICE: THIS STORY IS GOING UNDER EXTREME EDITING! UPDATED VERSION WILL APPEAR UNDER TITLE "HER DOWNFALL". THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE] If you confe...
588 74 30
Sydney Matthews was an ordinary girl who grew up with her mom, when her dad came into the mix she got pulled into trouble that caused multiple bodygu...
1.9K 124 31
I'm battling with myself. I have been going through a lot. I have been getting hurt more often and caught myself crying, and losing people. Everythin...