Evanescent [GI Kaeya x Reader...

By Yinzy_Banana

[RE-ATTEMPT OF KNIGHTS •KAEYA X READER X DILUC•] ||Random and Slow Update!|| "Let go of my brother, he's inno... More

Prolougue
1. Entrance
2. Title
3. Joyous Tavern
4. Birthday
5. Anger
6. Rent
7. Downhill
8. Victims
9. Blue
10. Red
11. Dead
12. Safe House
13. Shelves
14. Bandage
15. Arrow
17. Sunset
18. Loyalty
19. 5 Years Ago
20. Wedding
21. Invitation
22. Dress
A/N (ANOUNCEMENT!!)
23. Seized
24. Dance
25. Ballroom
26. |Kaeya's Route|
27. |Diluc's Route|
Special Big Thanks♡

16. Strings

1.2K 59 24
By Yinzy_Banana

"So.. cold.."

Her thoughts echoed through the empty black hall, for what seemed to be a very long corridor一a place she felt like she'd gone here before.

A corridor with thousand doors, waiting for her to open. Curios arose inside her chest, she held in her breath and slowly walked to the door一opening one by one.

Until, she stopped, standing there.

"Y/n! What did the doctor say?"

There, she saw her... child self? With two young boys, crowding around her in curiosity and worry. The boys seemed to be familiar for her, but who were they?

"The doctor said..."

The h/c child stopped trailing her words, pausing for a brief second. Was this dream a piece of her memory?

And were they...

Kaeya and Diluc?

What was her past self doing with them? "Sir Kae一" she stopped herself, her voice didn't come out. She wanted to scream so loud, calling them both.

"We're friends Y/n, you can tell us anything." The blue haired pulled her hand in his hand, eyeing her in concern.

What the hell was happening?

"Yeah! Share your burden!" This time, it was the red one who chirped.

The scene suddenly shifted, as if the scene pulled her in. Now, she was standing in front of her own past self, sat by the bed while looking into the void of silence.

"Y/n..."

The blue haired man knocked on the door, her past self didn't move or say a word other than一"I apologize for rejecting your invitation. But, congratulations for your promotion to be the captain."

The blue haired man with the tanned skin gripped her favourite flowers, biting his lips. "I know Diluc quit and Master Crepus is gone, not to mention about the ruby and the accident."

She hummed, not giving any response left. The man walked toward the girl, holding her hand. "But please at least, look at me."

She turned her gaze by the sudden affection given by him. And there, her eyes were puffed and dread. Y/n could only watch from afar, holding in her desire to yell: "Y/n! Look at him! Look at your friend!", but what could she do?

His lilac eyes were locked in her e/c orbs. Y/n walked toward Kaeya, landing her hand on his shoulder, only to slip. His eyes, she could see how it blinged, it reflected the colour even better.

"Sir Kae一"

Before Y/n could make an attempt to comfort, her eyelash fluttered open, ruining the moment. She laid there, in the bed, ghost quiet.

Conversations with the tone of concern rang outside the door, peeking her interest.

"Please calm down, not in the hospital. Y/n is resting."

"Hmph, the Favonius isn't even competent enough."

"Sir Di一Diluc, not in front of the room, Kaeya has tried his best to protect her一"

"It's your cousin, Jean."

Y/n laid there, silent as ever. She waited for Kaeya's voice一only for it to be none.

Her ears caught Diluc's voice that echoed. What was happening一why were they fighting? "Sir一" her voice itched to call the name, but her throat hitched.

What exactly happened yesterday until they were fighting?

She wanted to tell everyone she's fine, but how? "Sir一aw!" Something on her chest stung her, stopping herself from bending her body.

Okay.

The only option was: wait.

Y/n sighed, laying on the bed, shut her eyes completely. Wow, somehow一this wasn't her first time feeling so helpless in the bed.

Again, how could point A from trying to solve cases could get into murder and victims? To be exact, a chain murder. Luck must be somewhere above the moon, watching her by now.

As the door creaked open, she quickly shut her eyes一praying to Barbatos. Her heart paced rapid, especially after the arguement. Did she fail to catch the murderer last night?

"Y/n..."

Gentle.

The call was gentle, as if a fairy came to talk to her. "I know your awake."

Ah, right.

Her eyelashes fluttered open, slowly roamed around the room and finally landed on a certain blonde. Her ponytail was high up, her eyes were like the ocean that hit the shore.

"Master Jean.." she called, too weak considering her condition. Her jewel e/c orbs were locked with the ocean eyes. "How are you feeling?" Jean asked gently, slowly walking near the lady on the bed. "Terrible."

Typical answer: Terrible. Horrible.

The blonde sighed as she sat by the bed while landing her gloved hand on Y/n's. Eyes were full of concern一yet, full of comfort and assurance. "We failed to protect you. The knights weren't alerted."

Y/n shook her head一only to regret it the next second. "No... I recklessly fought that person. So it's my fault." It had been long ever since Jean's last affection showed. Maybe five or eight years?

"...Grand...master."

Her voice came out raspy than before, mind started to race with questions. "Yes?"

"The murderer... is he dead?"

"There were two people. One that you fought and one outside the window."

"And...my brother?"

It felt heavy as a boulder, heart sank right to her stomach even before she gained an answer. 'Please be safe,' she prayed.

Silence fell between them, rising the tension between the two. "He's fine, but there's something we need to tell you." Now, the tension was even higher一in result, she held in her breath despite the pain to do so.

"We've investigated this and we realised that the person isn't interested with your brother," Jean speculated, even giving the h/c more confusion. "The criminal activities your brother was framed for was just an opening. The safe house is exposed一therefore, we can't keep you there."

'Oh.. okay.' At first, she didn't know what to answer, three choices of answers were:

1. "Oh, please let me stay, I don't have anywhere to go."

2. "Oh, cool. Okay. So where am I staying?"

3. "Hey, do you have extra bed or a room for me? We're cousins, you know. A family who broke their ties."

Or the last choice was to stay silent and let Jean finished her words. However, about her, staying in a safe house wasn't the main topic. Her lips remained heavy to lift or speak, fingers started to fidget as she was lost in her own thoughts.

Wasn't this what she wanted? Her brother was no longer endangered, she didn't need to find and work so hard. Yet, her mind started to wonder, wondered on the letter she once received. The only problem she's waiting for一the wedding. "Master.. Jean..." she spoke softly, catching the blonde's attention. "Yes, Y/n?"

"Ms Lysafia... and Father... they're getting... married."

Jean fell into her own silence, she knew well how Y/n would never open up一but why now at all times? Y/n's delicate fingers lifted slowly, landing them on the gloved hand while she looked into Jean's eyes.

She was determined.

The h/c haired lady bit her lips, the pale lips slowly turned red as she bit it hard, trying to block the tears from escaping. "When... can I go?" Even her voice wavered.

It was like the boulder that hit so sudden without any warning, hitting it to her chest. "Y/n, it's fine if you don't want to." Jean grasped her hand, interwined them together as her ocean eyes looked deeper to her e/c orbs.

"Can we.. not talk.. about the... case.. now?" Y/n pleaded for the first time in a while一not only that, her mind kept bringing random things. Things that couldn't keep her going.

Jean's sigh escaped from her lips, yet一her eyes showed the worries, not only worries, but also the comfort and understanding ones. "Alright, go and rest. We'll talk about this later."

****

The night had fallen upon Mondstad, silencing the city with the sight as the stars blinged一dancing around the moon. The room was ghost quiet, her e/c fell to the side as she waited for someone's arrival.

Her father in peculiar.

She wanted to ask him一was it true? They were getting married? Why didn't he come to visit her?

She blinked her eyes一pillow had gone wet since the evening. Maybe the thought of her brother was free had caught her off guard, her hands were full of problems afterall.

The door creaked open, snapping her out from her small daydream. On reflex, she quickly shut her eyes一body facing towarded the window. "Are you awake?"

The familiar voice rang into her ears, catching her attention more, the person she wasn't expecting, came.

Kaeya Alberich.

His steps echoed through the silent room, and each steps he took一her heart beat rapidly. His footstep stopped, standing beside her bed as she faced the other way.

"I'm sorry I failed my duty to protect you again."

Again?

When was the last time he failed?

She still kept her eyes shut, not even moving a little. "Did it hurt?" Did it hurt when she knew he was walking in? No. But did it hurt when the arrow stabbed right through her chest? Yes.

His fingers trailed to the h/c hair as they laid around the bed, he lifted it gently from pulling her hair. "Do you still remember when you braided my hair?" A bitter silent chuckle escaped一making her felt even more guilty than before.

The problem was一she couldn't remember the time they were friends, or at least could she remember a bit about him.

"Ah, sorry. You probably won't remember that." Right, who was he joking with? Slowly, Kaeya's fingers brushed against her hair一slowly carassing her hair.

Just what the hell was he doing?

"I'll keep my boundary form now on. We're just acquaintance, no longer friends."

Her heart that beat swiftly, slowed down一somewhere, something in her chest sunk to her stomach. She wanted to grasp his hand that touched her hair, she wanted to at least give a small comforting words.

"But once you remember, don't forget to come for me."

And just like that, the silence devoured them together一alone. He only stood there, continuing to brush her hair with his fingers, interwining them together.

It was peaceful, lovely, and enjoyable depsite the circumstances.

Deep in her heart, she prayed to the god she believed in一to not ever forget.

***

"How are you feeling?"

The physician lifted his pen and his board, ready to scribble what kind of words she was about to speak. "My...chest.. hurts. Heavy.. breathing.."

He nodded his head and started to scribble down. "Do you feel dizzy?"

She hummed in response, slowly inhaling as the pain stung her. "It's a good thing a healer from the Catherdal came to help you," he stated.

Healer from Catherdal?

Who could that be?

"Uhm, sir," she called out softly. "Yes, Ms L/n?"

The name again.

"Did.. a man... came.. here... for me?" Her breath hitched一the sentence was too long for her. Her hope for her father's arrival rose一only to be in dismay when he shook his head. "Unfortunately, no one came to visit, but the Captain sent you flowers this morning."

Captain? Kaeya?

"Flowers... for...me?"

What's going on?

"How...long...must I.. stay?"

"A week or two."

...

"Did you rest well?" Her e/c orbs glistened skywards一landing on the familiar ruby eyes. Her voice was left as a whisper before she utter a small: "Master Diluc."

***

Seriously

I suck at writing romance, therefore, I apologize if I ruined a lot of romantic moments. (wether I did it on purpose or not)

Anyways, thanks for reading! I'm sorry for the long wait.

I think the readers have more moments with Diluc than Kaeya (though, it's more about the case) so uhmm, maybe an upcoming chapter with oue beloved captain?

Yay... I hope I'm not gonna ruin this sizzle.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Have a nice day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

697 15 13
𝓘𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱: Y/n is the older sister of Jean and Barbara and has had a crush on Diluc for a long time will he return her feelings? Or will he re...
18.7K 403 25
You were the younger sister of Diluc and Kaeya living a somewhat peaceful life in Mondstadt. You were given a Pyro vision when you were younger along...
752 22 10
Kaeya fears Diluc's vermillion eyes. He has ever since the other man returned to Mondstadt 2 years ago. He ignored it at the time, hoping it was a st...
28.4K 774 25
𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | 𝐃𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐜 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 Diluc,Kaeya and Y/n grew up together.They were inseparable.After the unfortunate events in the Ragn...