Never Enough

By DeppyOnuf

Lexie Grey is a hurt girl that still tries to recover mentally from the accident that she had been a year ago... More

Chapter 1 : Help! I need somebody!
Chapter 2 : Eye of Chaos
Chapter 3: Confessions
Chapter 4 : How deep is your love?
Chapter 5 : Intervention
Chapter 6 : Alcoholics
Chapter 7 : New State Of Mind
Chapter 8 : Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 9 : Lost on You
Chapter 10: Til It Happens To You
AUTHOR'S NOTE! IMPORTANT!!
Chapter 11 : I need a hero
Chapter 12: Paranoid
Chapter 13: You give love a bad name
Chapter 14 : Highway to Hell
Chapter 15 : A trip down Memory lane
Chapter 16: Stairway to Heaven
Chapter 17 : Something to Lose
Chapter 18 : It's a new life for me,and I'm feeling good.
Chapter 19 : Guilty Pleasure
Chapter 20: It's getting hot in here..🔥
Chapter 21: Till I Collapse
Chapter 22 : It must have been love but it's over now.
Chapter 23 : Let It Go
Chapter 24 : It's time to begin, isn't it?
Chapter 25 : I just wanna feel real love
Chapter 26 : I want to break free
Chapter 27 : Don't let me down
Chapter 28: Let me love you
Chapter 29 :Crazy Little Thing called Love
Chapter 30: Story of my life
Chapter 31 : Breathe
Chapter 32 : This is my last resort.
A/N
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40. (READ A/N)
I am sorry. (not a chapter)
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 72.

Chapter 71.

253 6 4
By DeppyOnuf

A/N : There is a new character I have made up. Her name is Jessica and she has the face of Nina Dobrev when she plays Katherine in The Vampire Diaries. Enjoy!

All the surgeons were in the after-party,at the other venue April had booked for them. The newlyweds were sitting in a table along with Amelia,Callie and Arizona. They were holding each other's hands and Lexie had her head leaning on Mark's shoulder and they were ready to hear everyone speeches. First was Meredith,and she couldn't wait any more. She wanted to express her love for the couple.

"You guys can't imagine the honor I have felt to be the one to marry Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey. These two people are practically my family. The love story of these two people started by being forbidden. I didn't trust Mark at the time and I thought that if he meddled with my sister he would hurt her. Turns out,he became a part of her. Lexie.." she started her speech and then turned to look at her sister.

"I'm so glad you didn't die back then. I am so glad you listened to me..I'm so glad you found yourself.." she blowed a kiss to her sister and she pretended to catch it and laughed.

Next was Derek.

"Mark Sloan. My ultimate best friend. I have known this kid ever since we were little children. We grew up together. As all friends did,we had our ups and downs,and one of our biggest was about Lexie. I played the part of the bad guy and forbade him to go near Lexie but he followed his heart. And I'm so glad you didn't listen to me man. I'm so glad because you found yourself with her. I have never seen him that happy. And it's thanks to you Lexie Grey."  He finished his speech and gave the couple a huge kiss from where he was standing.

They intertwined their hands harder.

"I can't believe we started like this.." Mark whispered to Lexie and smiled.

"And yet look as us. We're married!" She whispered with excitement.

He drew a huge smile on his face and leaned in to kiss her. She gave back the kiss and he felt a smile forming on her face as well.

She took a breath and closed her eyes.

"I never thought this day would come Mark.."

"It's here though." He reminded her. Before she could say anything Amelia stood up to give her own speech and was wiping tears.

"Hi there everyone. Hi. Uh..Me and Lexie grew close to each other a few months back. We're kinda like family to each other but a few months ago she came to me. She had a problem. A problem that I relate to as well. I didn't even know her,and I gave her my love which she also did when I had problems of my own." She started speaking and then her look fell on her ex husband. She took a breath and smiled.

"Lexie is a strong woman. She grew up so much and so fast and she became the most -excuse my language- badass surgeon slash woman etc I have ever met. Mark,you found a diamond there." She laughed and she looked at Mark.

"Now Mark though...Mark is a brother to me. We grew up. He will always be in me and I will always love him,even though we've had our ups and downs at times,but at the end..that's what siblings do,don't they?"

The crowd laughed a bit and she gained courage to continue.

"I wish a healthy life to both of you. I hope you are happy,healthy,always in love.." she wished at them.

The couple had a huge smile on their faces and everyone in the crowd clapped.

Next it was Callie and Arizona's turn. They smiled to the couple and they got up. Amelia came to the table and wiped her tears again.

"Amelia..that was beautiful.." Mark held her hand.

"Thank you Mark.." she smiled and she heard the couple trying to make sure the mic was on.

"It's on Callie it's- it's on.." Arizona said to Callie while holding the mic.

"Okay okay." She nodded and coughed.

"So..Mark and Lexie. This..strong strong couple,that has been through it all. Unexpected kids,break ups,plane crashes...addictions.." she started reminiscing and Arizona laughed lightly.

"Plane crashes" Arizona added.

Everyone in the crowd laughed including the newly weds.

"My point is that a love like yours is hard to find. I'm so glad you two are married and will live a long happy life with each other! Mark you are my best friend,the father of our children..I owe you so much..you deserve to be happy.." Callie said with a smile and Arizona clapped along with everyone else.

Lexie and Mark thanked them with a nod and soon the girls returned to the table with them.

"Callie your speech was amazing..all of your speeches were amazing.." Lexie held Callie's hand and smiled.

"Thank you Lex..God I'm so happy for you guys!" She smiled and put her hands together.

Mark whispered something to Lexie.

"Tell them."

She furrowed her eyebrows and then she realized what he was talking about.

"Well not now. Later when we cut the cake." She replied.

Amelia crossed her arms.

"What do you two lovebirds hide from us?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Lexie widened her eyes and smiled trying to play it cool.

"N-nothing." She scoffed.

"Is it  another secret love child?" Arizona crossed her arms and Mark smiled.

"Ha! You smiled!" Callie pointed out.

"Is it twins? Are you guys having twins?" Arizona asked with a smile and the newlyweds had a shocked smiling face.

"No guys it's not that!" Lexie calmed them down.

"So what is it?" Amelia pushed.

Mark smiled and sighed.

"You girls will find out when the time is right." He stated.

"Well now it-" Amelia pushed even more when her look fell on a girl at the reception there.

A brunette brown haired girl with glass-like skin and defined features. Her makeup was bold and her hair were curled. Amelia furrowed her eyebrows and studied her. She looked really pretty.

"Amelia" Lexie called her and she zoned back in.

"What?" She quickly turned to her sister.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine..Uh,question. Who is that girl over there?" She pointed at that girl in a discreet way.

"Oh that's my second cousin." Mark realized.

"Yeah she's the only one from my dad's side that decided to come." He commented and Lexie held his hand.

"Hm." Amelia thought.

"Anyway why?" He asked.

She shrugged.

"Nothing,don't worry about it." She gestured to let it go.

The table was quiet for a bit and she asked again.

"What's her name?"

Callie almost spit out her food with a laugh as she understood what was going on and she looked at Arizona who nodded.

Lexie squinted her eyes trying to understand what was happening and turned to look at the other couple who was there and Mark furrowed his eyebrows.

"Uh..Jessica.." he was pretty confused.

"Hm. Okay." She said and crossed her arms lying back on her chair.

Everyone was still pretty confused and was looking at Amelia who didn't seem to notice as her look was on Jessica.

"Is everything okay?" Arizona asked and Amelia nodded.

"Yeah yeah." She said distracted.

Callie got an idea. If she had anything to get off her chest she might have felt more comfortable with only Callie and Arizona.

Callie wiped her mouth.

"Umm,Mark don't you guys wanna cut the cake or something?" She suggested and even though they both were confused she looked at him with a look as if she was telling them to leave.

He widened his eyes but left.

Callie coughed a bit as Arizona took a bite.

"So..how have things been?" She asked.

Amelia turned to look at her and she sighed.

"Awful. I mean,I am starting to get over it,or at least I try..but I lost a child and a husband. All at the same time." Amelia confessed.

Callie sighed.

"I'm so sorry Amelia..You know we're here if you need anything.." she stood by her friend and she nodded.

"I really wish things were different" Arizona added.

Amelia sighed as she played with her food.

"Yeah well they're not. You know,if I'm being honest..I'm kind of glad be and Owen broke up." She took it off her chest and took a breath.

"You are..?" Arizona had a shocked face.

Amelia nodded calmly as she continued looking at Jessica who noticed her look on her and checked her out back. At that moment Amelia panicked and turned quickly to Arizona.

"Yeah. He was being really controlling most of the time. I know he really wanted this child,I did too. But I have a terrible history with pregnancies and this..this ended me. I ended up with two dead children,and Owen was blaming me." She explained and crossed her arms.

"Excuse us! Can we have everyone's attention?" Lexie spoke from the mic.

Everyone turned to look at the newly married couple.

"We would like to thank you all for coming here tonight..I know some of you are coming from far away." Mark thanked them and he winked at his cousin Jessica who blew him a kiss.

"We appreciate each and every one of you. I would personally like to thank April Kepned for helping me with my board certification exams,and who literally organized this whole thing" Lexie spoke in her turn and April smiled at her.

Then her look fell on Amelia.

"And..Amelia Shepherd for being my guardian angel through it all. Amelia,I owe you my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for me,and I hope I can repay you some day,some way. I can't thank you enough." She personally thanked Amelia and everyone in the crowd started clapping. Amelia had a huge smile and formed a heart with her hands. She felt Jessica's look on her with a small smirk. She smiled at her and quickly turned around.

"Oh god." She whispered as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Callie asked.

"Have you seen her?" Amelia was literally panicking.

"Who?" Arizona asked.

"Jessica!" She exclaimed.

"I..." Arizona shrugged and found Jessica along with Callie with their eyes.

"Okay yeah she looks cute." They both admitted.

"Ohh my God." She tried to calm herself.

Arizona and Callie looked at each other.

"Amelia I didn't know you were into women" Callie noticed.

"Well neither did I." She took a breath.

"And we would also like to do a huge announcement!" Lexie was heard through the microphone.

She looked at April and signaled her to join her in the stage.

"And I need April's help with that."

Moments later a very shocked April was on the stage and Lexie whispered something.

"Now we tell them we passed."

April was a bit shocked but smiled. Lexie nodded to Mark and he got the memo.

"April?" She gave her the microphone.

April widened her eyes but took it.

"Uh..hi! I uhm..I'm April,the organizer of this event and I uh..first I wish Lexie and Mark a happy life-" she stuttered a bit because Lexie had really thrown her off but she was later cut off by her.

"Oh for God's sake April!" Lexie whispered.

"We are board certified!!!" April exclaimed in her panic and the crowd was really silent,the faces of the surgeons drawn with complete shock which later where filled with smiles,and the reception was also full of laughs,whistles and applauses..

A/N: Hello again! I know I have been missing for the past couple of days. The reason behind that is that exam period started and I have been studying my ass off and writing when I can. Thank god I have two exams left and on Tuesday I finish so I will have more free time! Also let me know what you think of Amelia in this chapter and ways you think I could portray her representation best! Lgbtq+ representation is really important and I don't want to mess anything up or offend anyone,so I would love your feedback!❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 530 17
⚠️TW⚠️ Mention of domestic abuse and rape possibly suicidal behavior and eating disorders as well. If this triggers you please do not read! What happ...
125K 3.1K 40
Engine 19 gets into an accident and Maya gets seriously injured. Will she be ok? Originally published on AO3.
5.3K 51 8
Aspyn Grey-Shepherd is the daughter of Meredith and Derek. She is starting her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital. What could go wrong? *this book...
25.2K 765 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...