Limerence Turns Ugly

By Natalie_Morgan31

An unplanned trip to find their lost friends in a foreign country turns into an experience which they would n... More

Author's Note
Characters in the story
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: A magical encounter
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: Epilogue

Chapter 3

26 2 3
By Natalie_Morgan31

SQUIRREL'S POINT OF VIEW

        The next morning, Joey came barging into my room screaming, "HELP ME!!!" I just got up and was still beginning to gain conscious, but when I heard Joey's screaming for help, my sleepiness left me instantly. "What happened, Joey? What's wrong? Is there a burglar in our house?!'

        "What? No, there's not burglar in our house, it's much worse than that!" Joey shouted at me and ran into Rabbit's room and did the same thing. I quickly jump off of my comfy bed and followed suit.

        "HELP ME!!! I'M DEAD MEAT!!" Joey screamed again when she entered Rabbit's room, but all Rabbit did is flip her position in the bed and hugged her bolster closer to her. "Oh my gosh, RABBIT! WAKE UP AND HELP ME! LIKE RIGHT NOW!!" but again, all Rabbit did is let out a moan and pulled her blanket over her head.

        "Joey? Joey! Can you tell me what's happening now?" I asked in panic, "You're frightening me!"

        Joey looked at me for a second and tears started to gather in her eyes. She stomped to Rabbit's bed and shook her hard while screaming, "PLEASE DON'T IGNORE ME! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE, YOU GUYS HAVE TO HELP ME! WAKE UP!"

        Finally, Rabbit opened her eyes and sat up in bed with an annoyed look on her face and started to grumble at Joey, "WHAT? What is wrong with you? What time is it??" and reached her hand out to the nightstand beside her bed and opened the drawer to retrieve her phone inside. After a look at the time showing on her phone's screen, she grumbled again, this time louder. "Seriously? Joey, it's 6am in the morning, what are you doing screaming around the house and waking everybody up?"

        "It's an emergency!" Joey protested.

        "So, what is the emergency?" Rabbit and I said in annoyance together.

        "I'm going on a date later with Snake, remember him right? And the problem is I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" Joey wiped her tears on her face, "and why are you guys so fierce to me? I really need help..."

        Rabbit and I look at each other and sighed.

        "Joey, it's 6am in the morning, what can we do for you this early in the morning? All the shops are not open until at least 10am." I tried to keep my annoyance under control.

        "Yeah, she's right, Joey. You should get some sleep if you want to have a perfect date, you know, so you won't be too tired during the date." Rabbit added. "And who says you don't have anything to wear, you have the most clothes among the three of us."

        "Uh-huh, and if you want, we can lend you our dresses too. That is if you want." I continued.

        "Okay...I guess you're right, I'll go back to sleep now, but please wake me up again at nine so I have enough time to prepare myself, the date is at five in the evening." Joey said softly and managed a smile before walking back to her room.

        I shook my head and turned to face Rabbit, "Seriously? Five in the evening and she woke us up at six," I walked over to the nightstand and took Rabbit's hand phone to look at the time, "Great, I've just wasted half an hour of my beauty sleep!" I complained.

        "I know right, why don't you just sleep here so both of us can get more beauty sleep" Rabbit suggested and scooted to the side of the bed to leave a space for me join her. I thanked her and gladly drop myself into her bed and slept.

        I woke up to the sound of a loud bang in the next room and things falling on the floor. I shook Rabbit lightly to wake her up, thinking that maybe this time, it really is a burglary. "Rabbit, do you hear that sound?" I whispered.

        "What sound?" Rabbit asked sleepily but jolted right up when the sound of glass breaking came from the next room, which is Joey's room. "Okay, now I hear it. Let's go check it out." she jumped out of bed immediately and started to walk towards Joey's room but grabbed the baseball bat hidden behind her dressing table for emergencies like this before proceeding to the source of the sound. I follow suit and stayed close to her for protection.

        When we opened the door to Joey's room, it looked like a tornado just came through. Clothes and all sorts of stuff were lying on the floor like the aftermath of an apocalypse and Joey was sitting on the floor crying. We let out a breathe of relief and walked towards Joey, carefully avoiding the broken glass on the floor.

        "What happened?" Rabbit asked.

        "I can't find anything to wear and I got so clumsy and knocked some stuff down" Joey started to cry again.

        "Gosh! Stop crying for a minute, it's not like it's the end of the world, we'll think of something." I stood up and collected a few clothing from the floor and showed them in front me, "How about a dress?"

        "Yes, but not this one" Joey muttered.

        "Okay, so now we know you want to wear a dress, so let's just look at all the dresses we have." But after going through every single dress from Joey's wardrobe, none of it seems to satisfy Joey. "Okay, how about we try my dresses?" I suggested. So we all went to my room to go through all my available dresses, which are actually just a few since I didn't really wear any dresses for quite some time. But in the end, Joey still rejected all of my few dresses. Rabbit then suggested that we try her wardrobe.

        "Here are some of my few dresses that I actually own, and please don't be harsh to them, they're the only dresses that I have." Rabbit announced. Same as me, she didn't own many dresses because she hasn't worn any dresses for quite some time too. After half an hour of dress seeking, Joey still sighs loudly and pulled a sad face and went back to her room. It's already noon by the time, so we decided that Rabbit would cook something for us to eat since she's the better cook among us and I'll clean up the broken glass in Joey's room.

        Halfway through cleaning Joey's room, a sudden loud scream from Joey almost scare me out of my own skin. "JOEY, STOP THE SUDDEN SCREAMING, PLEASE!" I demanded and took a deep breathe to calm myself.

        "I found it! I found it! I'm going to wear this on our first date!" Joey said excitedly while holding a pastel blue dress with a medium-size ribbon at the back.

        "It's a cute dress, where you find that?" I smiled happily because Joey finally found a dress she wanted to wear for the date and also because now Rabbit and I can have a peaceful day.

        "I found it at the bottom of my drawers, I thought I lost it for good" Joey released a breath of relief and dragged my down to the kitchen to have the lunch Rabbit is preparing.

        At around 4:45 in the evening, Joey was putting on a few finishing touched for her makeup when Snake arrived at the front door.

        "Hey, nice house you got here." Snake greeted us happily.

        "Thanks, and look at you, looking better than you already are, your date's almost done, just wait for a while." Rabbit teased and shouted towards the stairs for Joey to hurry up.

        When Joey walked down the staircase with the cute blue dress she found earlier, now matched with a breezy makeup smiled from ear to ear when she saw Snake.

        "Gosh, you're so pretty!" Snake gasped and handed her a bouquet of roses while holding one of her hands. Joey handed us the roses absent-mindedly while looking into Snake's eyes. They held each other's gaze for a moment that seems a little too long so I coughed to give them a hint.

        "Oh, ya, sorry, erm....we'll be going," Snake apologize and blushed a little. Joey squealed gleefully.

        "They're so blinded by love" Rabbit said with a giggled and took a vase out from the cabinet in the storage room, filling it with water and placing it on the table beside the house phone.

        "I know right, it's like the couples in movies, they're so romantic and shy at the same time" I said,         "Actually, they're not that shy, they're just clueless of what to do next"

        "They'll figure it out naturally" I laughed.

        Ever since that date, they went out together very often, but the year-end examination is coming soon. Everyone was busy studying including us. However, Joey and Snake didn't paid much attention to the exam. 

        I was lying on my bed preparing to end the night after two hours of studying with Rabbit.

        "Rabbit?"

        "Yes?"

     "Do you think we should advise Joey to start studying?" I was getting really worry about Joey's studies since I haven't seen her studying, neither did Snake. I know, hanging out with Snake is important, but same goes to her studies. I remember once when she was caned by her mother just because she failed math in an exam."

        "I've tried advising her this morning, but I don't think she's even listening to me, all she does these days is texting Snake " She looked at me.

        "Well, " I raised my eyebrow.

        "It's okay, we'll try again tomorrow. Let's just try to get some rest and don't worry too much about her, she's a genius with exams anyway. Good night and sweet dreams. "

        She switched off the light and fell asleep instantly. These few days we were so tired from all the studying, since we're the student ambassador, we have to organize new campaign to help students prepare for their coming exam and then there's the planning of studying abroad too. Rabbit is well-known for her optimistic attitude and that's one of the main reason I really like her as my best friend. I really hope that Joey can be more optimistic like her someday, I'm not saying that Joey is a pessimist but she has a volatile temper that sometimes I couldn't stand and so does Rabbit and other people. Of course, other than that, there's nothing bad about her, she is kind, helpful, and so many other things.

TWO WEEKS LATER AFTER THE EXAMS

        When we got our exam results, we were very happy because we got good grades. When we were about to high -five, we stopped when we saw Joey looking extremely sad quietly sitting alone in the corner of the classroom. We got worried when we saw Joey in that state. We went over and she got up to leave campus with us without saying a word. We tried to make a lot of jokes on the way home but she  just looked at the ground during the whole journey. 

          When we arrived home, Joey just went straight into her room slammed the door shut. I looked at Rabbit and sighed. "What do you think we do now?"

        "I don't know, she didn't even listen to us, maybe we'll just leave her alone for awhile to let her cool down?" Rabbit suggested and I agreed to her.  Having nothing to do about it,  we started to make Joey's favourite butter cake to cheer her up. 

        Right after we placed the dough in the oven we heard a soft sound coming from upstairs.

        "Hey, do you hear something?" I asked Rabbit while closing the oven.

        "Someone's sobbing?"

        "Joey's crying again?" I rolled my eyes but then realizing that it's no surprise Joey's crying, it's the year-end examination and she didn't really did good on it, of course she's going to feel bad and cry.

        We followed the sound into Joey's room but no one was there, but then we found Joey crying in the one and only bathtub in our house. We sat quietly on the edge of the bathtub and comforted her in various ways. After what seems like an hour but only half and hour had passed, Joey's crying sound stopped. When we looked down at Joey to see if she's still sobbing, we found that her eyes were closed and that she was fast asleep.

        "Seriously??" Rabbit said in shock.

        "How??" I agreed to her. But when we looked at her sleeping in the bathtub, it got funny and we couldn't stop laughing, "Oh, Joey....'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
301K 18.2K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
22.5M 791K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...