But I Hate You || JJK (in edi...

Por lil_gcf

Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary - Oscar Wilde (Renamed// was called Ambivalence) Más

Crash
Painting
Abandoned
Studying
Cooked
Late
Who?
Friend
Found
Studio
Busted
Avoiding
Honesty
Not Quite Convinced
Assistance
EatJin
Peacemaker
That is New
Dinner
Backstage
Busan
Minmin
Appa
Interesting Choice
Seo
Run
X
Soop
Boyfriend
Routine
Joonie-ah
Active listening
Confrontation
Displaced
Kind of chaos
Things Been Changing Lately
Believe me
95-liner
No harm drunk
Acquainted
Boarding
The Maknae
Feelings
Date night
Salt in the wound
Reconciled
Oopsies
End it
Fanboy
Irony
Nuptials
Blame
Endurance
Aftereffect
Jetlagged
Interrupting
Off-topic
Same page
Mixed Messages
Tell me something happy
Killing time
It must suck to be you
Worth waiting on

Mara James

59 6 1
Por lil_gcf

She was gorgeous, Jungkook couldn't deny it. It wasn't every day he was approached by a stunning woman and asked for dinner. It didn't hurt that he had a thing for strong women who chased what they wanted and made the first move.

Mara was a friend of Jimin's and when Jungkook had mentioned that he needed a model for his next GCF project, his hyung had been quick to offer his friend's services. Of course, being the industry veteran he was, Jungkook was hesitant at first about using an unknown in such an important role. However, Jimin mentioned that she was struggling to get her footing in the industry and Jungkook was also a sucker for an underdog. Especially since he knew all about how it felt to be waiting for your big break.

Surprisingly, to both JK and Jimin, Mara had been perfect. She was compliant and malleable to Jungkook's direction. She was fearless, every movement made without hesitation and she seemed to glow on the screen.

So when she had turned around on the last day of filming and asked Jungkook to meet her for a drink, he only took half a day to get back to her and confirm. He'd made sure to go home and discuss it with the other members first. Namjoon had been shockingly supportive; encouraging the Maknae with assurances that a single date didn't mean he was committing to anything.

Not wanting to correct his hyungs assumption about the source of his anxieties, Jungkook relented. He hadn't seen Mimie in almost a month and there was no reason to expect he would see her any time soon. Maybe this could be his chance to get over his stupid feelings before they cause any more damage. He'd already ended Mimie's relationship, gotten her fired and caused her to lose visiting privileges. In hindsight, he couldn't exactly blame her for wanting to keep her distance.

"You look beautiful," he complimented Mara once they were seated in the back of Jin's brother's Bar. Eomma always told him the best gift he could give a girl on a first date was an honest compliment. She said women could usually tell when men were lying, and if they couldn't tell, it was because they didn't want to, and those were women to avoid.

"You too," she flushed, giggling a little at the blinding dazzle of his smile.

"What made you change your mind?" Mara asked suddenly, as they started their second round of drinks.

"Huh?" JK offered a confused smile trying to bridge the gap between her question and their previous conversation.

"What made you change your mind about meeting me?"

She laughed at Jungkook's widened eyes, her abruptness flustering him, "Oh please, I know when I'm getting blown off and when I asked you out you definitely blew me off."

"I didn't-,"

"You said you had to ask your Hyungs first,"

"I did," She didn't hide her rolling eyes,

"Jungkook, you're 24 years old," There was something unforgiving in the way she spoke, and it took JK a moment to decide how to respond.

"26,"

"Right, Korean ages..." she smiled, unphased by the slight falter in the smirk painted on Jungkook's face.

Deliberately not taking the bait for a light-hearted spat, instead, he attempted to divert the conversation.

"How long have you been in Korea?"

"A year,"

"And you're still using international ages?" That one he couldn't help.

"Yah, I'm still older than you," Mara scolded, though her laugh came out childlike and unthreatening, "Aren't you supposed to be respectful to your elders?"

"You didn't answer my question, though,"

"Are you sure?" JK played the fool,

"There was a girl, wasn't there?" She saw right through him. He blinked.

"No,"

"Liar," she taunted, although a smirk hid in the corner of her mouth,

"Do you really want to hear about another girl on our first date?" his playful chuckle was almost believable,

"I want to know what changed?" Mara pushed, a daring in her eyes like she wanted him to hurt her,

"Nothing really," It wasn't the response she'd been expecting, but he sounded honest and Mara could work with that.

"So you still have feelings for her but you've gone on a date with me anyway? I'm your rebound?" If Namjoon was here he'd be scolding the girl for creating issues where there aren't any. Or he'd be scolding Jungkook for not charming her away from the uncomfortable subject like he was supposed to with interviewers and Armys.

"No, I- shit... I like you, I do." Jungkook was not blessed with Joonie's forethought and was flustered by her challenge.

"Relax, Jungkook-ah," She giggled, seeing the big time rockstar fumbling over his words. "I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend, I just like to have all the facts." Her earnestness and her giggle dispersed the intimidating aura that had been clouding her.

"Oh,"

"So tell me about her?"

"There's not much to tell," He shrugged, avoiding her gaze, "We kissed once and that was that. She doesn't even talk to me anymore."

"Were you close before?" It was empathy waiting to surprise JK when he caught her eyes again,

"Not exactly, but she was always there. When I needed someone..." He'd never attempted to describe his relationship with Mimie before this moment and he hadn't realised how demanding a thought it was.

"And when she needed someone?" He flinched at the insinuation that he hadn't been as supportive as a friend, although it only hurt because he feared it may be true.

"I tried my best, but Namjoon was always her first choice." That was a fair point.

"Maybe that's why she's stopped talking to you. Maybe she felt it was too one way?"

"No, she didn't... She didn't know I..." I never told her.

"She didn't know how you felt? Why wouldn't you tell her? You're Jeon Jungkook!"

"That doesn't exactly work on her," he chuckled, two tones further and he would have sounded bitter,

"Why, is she famous too or something?" It was a joke until JK hesitated and the smile saddened on Mara's face.

"Or something. And she had a boyfriend."

"Had?"

"I think we've talked enough about Mimie, let's talk about you," Jungkook forced a bright smile and sat forward on his chair.

He didn't like how easily Mara had gotten him to spill his secrets. But more than that, he didn't want to be thinking about Mimie, or how he'd hurt her. And he definitely didn't want that to be Mara's first impression of him. For the rest of the evening, he was determined to think only of the girl on a date with him

The plan hadn't been to get drunk, however, the more they talked, the more drinks they bought and finished. Before long, all Jungkook knew was feeling Mara's mouth on his. Her hands crawled into his hair, the long nails she'd had done especially scratched at the sensitive skin. She was a great kisser, doing things with her tongue that he'd never felt before. It didn't even cross Jungkook's mind that as exclusive as this bar was, it was still very much public space and anyone could see them. There was too much alcohol in his system and too much Mara in his lap.

Excusing herself to the toilet, Mara finally gave JK a moment to collect his thoughts. His face was flushed but his body chilly now he wasn't sharing the warmth of another person against him. This was not his usual response. It had been a while since he'd been on a date, let alone had a hookup. He couldn't even tell if it was Mara he was craving or just a warm body. Mimie's presence had been so all-consuming whilst she'd worked at HYBE. Even when they weren't speaking, she took up every spare centimetre of his mind. Now she had left, it was almost like he'd lost a limb.

Perhaps Mara would be the one to fill that void for him. Not to say that she could replace the limb because it wouldn't be the same. And he didn't want it to be. But she could become the metaphorical, new hobby he learns to help acclimate to his new state of ability. Maybe he didn't have his hand, but you don't need a hand to play football. Unless your the keeper, but Jungkook didn't need to be the keeper. He was just happy to be on the field. Maybe this was healthier. He always had success when pursuing women he didn't see as a physical part of him.

What was happening? He was getting way ahead of himself. This was just a date. One date and here JK was contemplating how much of his life he would willingly give over to Mara. She was funny and pretty and interesting and smart and sweet. But was he really looking to be tied down?

A familiar jacket flashed past the gap in the screen that allowed people to get to the secluded table. JK was on his feet instantly, but he made no move forward, to begin with. The rational part of his brain was begging him to go back to his seat. He wasn't doing that either, though, he was just staring out the gap to where he'd seen the coat pass by. What good would charging out of hiding do him anyway. there was a reason he stayed behind the divider and used the back entrance. If he breached the hardboard walls, he would be free game for the rest of the guests to take photos. Still, the brown of the man's coat had him seeing red.

Before Jungkook had the chance to make the mistake of stepping away from his table, the man was coming back past. Much slower in his movements, last time he'd been rushing and fumbling with something in his hands. The second time JK saw him, his shoulders were slumped and the fumbling hands were now buried in his pockets. Also this time, Jungkook wasn't the only one to look up. Seo's eyes caught JK's milliseconds before he passed out of sight and so he was forced to double back and check his eyes weren't playing him for the fool.

Sure enough, JK was still stood tall, staring Seo down when the elder reappeared for a second look. Time froze for both men, who seemed oblivious to everything around them. JK's feet resumed threatening to take him toward the older man. After all, Seo was no longer legally allowed to approach Jungkook, which had been part of the contract he'd signed after the incident. All Seo could do for his pride was hold JK's gaze.

There was a reason Jungkook was the centre of BTS and that reason had a lot to do with his powerful stare. There was so much depth to his eyes that for a moment Seo felt as if he were being suffocated in them. These were the eyes that Mimie had fallen prey to. He almost didn't believe she hadn't kissed JK back when these were the eyes he'd used to look at her with.

Just when Jungkook finally seemed ready to step away from the privacy of the screen, a woman rounded the entrance, distracting Jungkook's relentless staring. Seo continued to observe as he greeted the woman with a smile and gently assisted her back to her seat. He was no longer sparing Seo any amount of his attention and the older man took that as his queue to leave the restaurant as he'd been in the middle of doing before he'd spotted Jungkook.

*******

Heyyy
how we doing?
we being FED with bangtan content atm and im dying

they are so precious 🥺

also congrats on 5 weeks @ no 1 on the billboard Hot 100 🥳🥳🥳

today i share with you these gems 😍

:')

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

136K 6.5K 28
" I didn't give up on you, so why did you give on yourself? " -Jjk
25.8K 855 19
"Get away from her before I break every bone in your body." -Completed-
350 0 10
be carful for what you wish for, the same applies for when you're looking for answers
76.8K 3.3K 34
[COMPLETED] "Before someone can love someone else, they must first love themselves." *trigger warning* Eating disorder.