Every Little Lie | IwaOi

By rvera_

Every time his soulmate lies, the words appear on Iwaizumi's left wrist. Every time his soulmate lies, the w... More

1. "ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ!"
2. "ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ."
3. "ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀɴs ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ."
4. "ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ."
5. "ʏᴜᴘ. ʟᴏᴏᴋs ᴛᴀsᴛʏ."
6. "ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ."
7. "ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏᴍ sᴇᴇᴍs ɴɪᴄᴇ."
𝟾. "ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ, ɪᴡᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴ."
9. "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ."
10. "ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ."
11. "ʏᴏᴜ sᴍᴇʟʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ."
12. "ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ғɪɴᴇ."
13. "ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ."
14. "ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴋᴀʏ."
15. "sʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ."
16. "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ."
17. "ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ!"
17.5
18. "ɪ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ."
19. "ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴛ."
20. "ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ꜱᴏ."
21. "ɪ'ᴍ ᴋɪᴅᴅɪɴɢ, ɪᴡᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴ."
22. "ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ."
23. "ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ."
24. "ɴᴏ, ʜᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ."
26. "ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ!"
EP1.
EP2.
EP3.

25. ".. ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏ?"

7.6K 334 481
By rvera_

The first thing Oikawa did after snapping out of his momentary shock was send the driver away.

With words harsher than needed, he belittled the man whose only job was to chauffeur around him and his lost family, screaming at the man to go, to leave and to not even think about coming back.

He imagined that after Mr. Mori's arrest, the driver would no longer be required.

Then after making sure the man was gone, he swallowed down the ridiculously strong urge to break down because it was all too much. He can't deal with it; he doesn't know how to deal with it; he doesn't want to deal with it.

In the span of a few hours, he had lost his adoptive parents and found out a horrible truth from his soulmate.

It was too much.

He sighed shakily and began to trudge his way inside Mori Mansion. Reaching for the door knob, he twisted it and found it unlocked.

With a pause, he thought for a second that someone else was home and quickly pushed the door open. He stepped inside, looking around for someone, anyone, but found no one.

How could he forget? The witch was declared dead only hours ago.

He slammed the door shut behind him, suddenly angry at himself for believing even for a second that he wasn't alone.

Throwing himself on the living room couch, he buried his face into the cushions. It was only seconds later when his tears soaked into the pillows and his sobs began to fill the empty house.

His whole body shook as he cried, unable to contain his waterfall of emotions anymore. He still couldn't accept the fact, the simple truth.

He really was alone now.

The rest of that day was spent sobbing then moping then sobbing again when he thought too much and then back to moping again when he somewhat calmed down.

It was a repetitious cycle that carried over until the next morning.

Oikawa awoke on the floor surrounded by dozens of crumpled napkins.

He groaned and slowly sat up, slightly cringing as he felt the stiffness in his neck. He rubbed his eyes and found that they were hot to the touch; without a doubt swollen from his continuous crying last night. Sniffling, he started to gather his mess up when there was a sudden knock on the door.

His hands paused, halfway to grabbing a dirty napkin, and he glanced up at the door. He wasn't expecting anyone and couldn't even imagine who would be knocking at a time like this.

The first person that came to mind was.. well..

Iwaizumi?

But he quickly dismissed that thought, recalling the lie from yesterday. He glanced down at his right wrist, currently void of any words. Yet he could still picture that sentence from the day before, letters black and bold against his pale skin.

"I like Oikawa."

Maybe the waterworks would start again if he hadn't cried himself dry last night.

Before he had time to slip back into his dark thoughts, the knocking continued, only harder this time and a voice called out:

"Hello? Is anyone home!"

Oikawa sat in puzzlement, unsure of the owner of the voice. He didn't think he had heard it before.

It's unwise to open doors for strangers, but he had nothing else to lose except for his life.

He stood up abruptly. The joints in his legs popped as he moved closer to the entryway.

There was a camera outside that hung right above the front door. It could detect movements and would move to follow anyone walking up to the door. Inside, a small tablet on the wall would show surveillance.

But with Oikawa's good luck, he couldn't get the tablet to turn on; the device seemingly dead. He had no idea how; the useless thing didn't even require batteries! But there was nothing he could do about it.

He ended up peering through the shaded glass on the door. It was a bit difficult with how hazy the view was, but he could make out the silhouette of a man. He pushed his face closer to the glass but couldn't make out any more details. The only option left was to open the door. 

So he did.

The stranger outside the door looked relieved when they came face to face. Oikawa couldn't say he felt the same; he had no idea who this man was and why the guy was here.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here!" The man cried, looking a little too happy to see him.

Oikawa frowned. "Who—" he stopped to clear his throat. "Who are you?"

The happiness on the man's face died a little. "Y-you don't know?" asked the man, incredulous.

Oikawa shook his head. "No idea. Should I?"

"Well," the stranger coughed awkwardly. "I'm your dad's personal assistant. You can call me Sato."

"Okay," said Oikawa. Mr. Mori rarely talked politics at home, but then again, Mr. Mori was rarely home and they rarely made anything but small talk.

"How can I help you, Sato?" He asked. In his mind, he wondered if this guy knew that Mr. Mori was in jail.

"Actually, I'm here to help you," said Sato. Oikawa raised a brow dubiously.

Sato continued. "I'm sure you know that your adoptive dad has been arrested."

He stiffened.

If Sato noticed, the guy didn't acknowledged it. Instead he gave Oikawa a wink.

"Luckily, there's nothing that money can't solve! Yesterday, a few hours after Mr. Mori's arrest, I bailed him out with a couple million and now he's free!" Sato said cheerfully.

"Well, at least until his court date," added Sato, a little more somber.

Oikawa froze, not believing his ears. Mr. Mori was free? He hadn't lost everyone?

He grabbed Sato by the shoulders and violently shook the guy. "Where is he now?" Oikawa demanded.

"Whoa, whoa! Calm down!" Sato gripped his hands to stop the shaking. "Mr. Mori is currently in a hotel resting."

Oikawa let out a breath of relief. Instantly, he felt a thousand times better; the heavy weight on his heart was lifted a bit.

"Can I see him?" He asked eagerly.

"Of course!" replied Sato, with a smile. "Mr. Mori is dying to see you. I told him I'd bring you right after packing."

"Packing?"

"Oh!" Sato scratched his head, pausing for a moment. "I forgot to mention earlier. Mr. Mori wants to leave Japan."

Oikawa reeled back.

Leave?

"Where?" breathed Oikawa. "Where's he going to go? He's leaving me? Again?"

His voice became more hysterical as he spoke, but he couldn't help it. How could his family leave him again when they haven't even reunited yet?

"What about me?" He murmured sadly.

"Mr. Mori's not going to leave you, silly!" scolded Sato. "Obviously you're going with him! He's bought two plane tickets for later today."

"Today?"

"Yes, so hurry and start packing!" Sato pushed past him and stepped inside the house. "I'm going to pack Mr. Mori a suitcase so you need to go start on yours. I'll give you an hour."

But Oikawa didn't move from where he was standing. His mind was racing with hundreds of thoughts, and he couldn't quite grasp the situation at hand.

Leaving?

He instantly thought of Iwaizumi.

How could he leave his soulmate?

"Wait!" He called out to Sato. The latter turned around, already halfway up the stairs.

"What?"

Oikawa gulped. "What if.. I want to stay?"

Sato frowned. "Mr. Mori did bring this up, but I can't imagine why you'd want to. You know your dad's campaign is ruined, right?"

He nodded slowly. That was obvious. With the supposed leaked news of the abuse, it'd be strange if Mr. Mori's campaign was unaffected.

"Mr. Mori told me to tell you that he'll support whatever decision you make," said Sato. "If you choose to stay, he'll make sure you have everything you need."

Oikawa nodded again, weighing this option.

He could stay.

But for what? His soulmate doesn't even like him; would Iwaizumi really complain if he left?

His birth parents didn't want him; his soulmate doesn't want him; the witch really didn't want him, but Mr. Mori does. His adoptive father was the only one left.

He considered his options again and chose the obvious.

"I'll start packing," he mumbled.

Sato wasn't listening to him, however, the guy was too busy ranting about something.

"—I still can't believe she leaked the news! I mean, yeah I guess it's the right thing to do, but still! How could she? We were all so loyal to Mr. Mori, but she still leaked the videos!"

Oikawa started his way up the stairs and paused when he was only a few steps away from Sato.

"Who's she?" He asked.

Sato sighed dramatically. "You don't want to know her! She's a real bitch!"

"I'm pretty curious as to who leaked the abuse news," he replied dryly. It's my business, after all.

"Ugh fine, I'll tell you," said Sato. "Her name's Harumi Iwaizumi. She's Mr. Mori's social media manager."

Oikawa froze. Iwaizumi?

Sato saw the look on his face and continued. " I know, right?! I mean, seriously! He gave her a job and it was the easiest one yet she went around and betrayed—"

The man suddenly stopped, as if finally realizing just who he was speaking to.

"I'm so sorry!" Sato cried, bowing his head. "That was so insensitive of me. I'm really sorry for what you went through. No one deserves—"

Oikawa didn't hear the rest of Sato's shitty apology; his mind instead was turning gears after hearing that Iwaizumi's sister was the reason behind the leak.

Did Iwaizumi know about this?

They were siblings so most likely yes. But still, did they plan this? Did Iwaizumi want Mr. Mori to be taken away from him?

His fists clenched as he continued to ponder about it.

Iwaizumi had always been against Oikawa reconciling with his family. Maybe this was his soulmate's way to create a rift—

He shook his head. No. He knew Iwaizumi and his soulmate didn't think like that.

At least. Not intentionally.

He walked past Sato and headed straight for his room to start packing, a new strength coursing through his muscles.

There was no way he'll be separated from his family now.

An hour passed.

He ended up packing only one suitcase, stuffing it to the brim with clothes and necessities.

Sato had also finished packing some of Mr. Mori's belongings and ended up with three suitcases. When Oikawa questioned him about it, Sato replied that he couldn't imagine leaving behind so many branded clothes and jewelry so he packed as many as he could.

Now they both stood downstairs, waiting for a driver to come pick them up and take them to Mr. Mori.

Then Oikawa and his adoptive father would drive to the airport, board the plane, and leave.

It was a flawless plan.

Oikawa had also changed his clothes into something that actually fit him. He wasn't sure if he'd ever see Iwaizumi again so he felt a little bad about not returning the clothes, but he figured that his soulmate could deal with a little loss every now and then.

The closer it was to departure time, the more nervous he felt.

He had never been out of Japan before. He didn't even know where they were flying to.

"Sato, do you know where Mr. Mori bought tickets to?"

"Hm? I think it was—" a loud DING! cut through the air and the two of them both jumped.

"The car's coming!" Sato cheered, holding up his phone. The latter grabbed the three suitcases and began to drag them all outside. He beckoned for Oikawa to do the same.

Oikawa complied, picking up his solo luggage. Before he stepped outside the house, he glanced back one last time, getting a good look of the place he's lived in for years.

Then he walked out and shut the door behind him.

Outside was extraordinarily bright. He had to shade his eyes from the sun and blinked furiously until they adjusted.

Sato waved to him. The man was already far down the driveway, lugging three suitcases with great difficulty.

The sight made Oikawa smile just a little, and he began to pull own suitcase, following Sato.

He was going to leave.

His legs had moved only a few steps forward when suddenly, a speeding car came into view, driving up to them. He heard Sato exclaim happily that their ride was here, and Oikawa wished that he felt the same amount of joy as the other guy, but he won't lie when he says that he feels rather empty instead, melancholy almost.

The realization was dawning on him. He was going to leave.

He continued walking but turned his direction away from the car. It was going way too fast to be on a driveway and reminded him a little of a certain incident. Just as he was about to reach Sato, the car came to an abrupt stop.

The sudden halting caused Oikawa to stop moving as well, unsure of what he should do. Sato, on the other hand, waved at the driver in the car and began to quickly drag the suitcases.

Oikawa figured he should do the same, but then the passenger door bursted open and a figure came running out towards him.

The shock he felt could wake someone up from a coma. He let go of the luggage in his hand, letting it fall with a clank! on the concrete. Similarly, his stomach plunged at the sight of the devil himself.

Iwaizumi.

crazy stuff.
final chap next chap!
much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 13.9K 22
Akaashi and Kenma can't wait for a brand new start at their new university, especially since they met two workout buddies that caught their eye. (Ins...
206K 6.9K 36
[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but these are the mains. Daily updates :) ...
216K 8.3K 34
Shirabu needs a fake date to prove he's not still in love with his ex. Cliqué i know. But what else was he supposed to do? And it's not like he, or a...
1M 35.5K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...